Create Account

S61 PT #5- Legacy

Prompt 2:

I want Pablo's legacy to be remembered as a great player for the Atlanta Inferno of the Simulation Hockey League. He'll hopefully be remembered as someone who put up lots of goals and lots of hits season after season for as long as he can play. I want him to score some sort of big goal in his career, whether it's a playoff clinching goal in the final games of the regular season or a cup winning goal in overtime of game seven. I just want him to be remembered as an important player if someone were to look back at the first ten or twenty seasons of Atlanta Inferno history. With an expansion team there isn't any established history and you get a chance to be apart of creating that history. I don't care if Pablo never becomes the league leading scorer or a perennial MVP candidate, I just want him to be seen as a key piece in the establishing of Atlanta's legacy.

165 words

[Image: Jepox.gif]

PROMPT 1:

Mikael Choybuk wakes up to an important choice of whether to drink this unidentified beverage, and he does so with the promise of the Hall of Fame. You see, Choybuk is not selfish. If this bottle of liquid guarantees himself a place in the Hall of Fame, then that means, at this late stage in his career, he's about to do something spectacular. This means he individually might carry the Calgary Dragons through this whole playoffs and win a championship, and multiple others after it. Mikael Choybuk doesn't much care for that Hall of Fame spot personally, but he knows that this promise of HoF more or less guarantees that his Dragons team is about to go on multiple runs of championships before he retires. When you're already fighting regression, and very likely not a Hall of Fame player at this point of your career, then why not take this chance to put yourself and your team over the top?

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

Prompt 1:
Upon waking up with a creepy man standing over my bed, my first instinct would be to punch the guy in the face. Legitimately, if I get spooked from being asleep my first reaction is to lash out at whatever spooked me. Luckily, I am a lighter sleeper now than in the past.

Moving beyond that, I would definitely not take the drink and instead tell the guy to piss off. What right does he have in barging into my room at night to offer me glory and a legacy beyond any other. This is my story to write and I won't take any advantage towards getting there.

That being said, I will have the infamous legacy of being a great presence in the locker rooms while achieving absolutely nothing. Well that last part isn't entirely true. I will go down as the most recent player to take their skate off and try and stab someone with it.

[Image: jericson112.gif]
[Image: 5p7vOwY.png][Image: NA3IV5m.png]

I think the legacy I will leave in the SHL is of someone who is known for creating great complimentary players. Of the 3 successful players I've had, only one of them could be a Hall of Famer. Teemu Nurmi in the S10s had a Hall of Fame case. Both Jamie Hawkins and Oliver Cleary will fall short of that. Both of those players and Nurmi also though were pieces that allowed their teams to win. Oliver Cleary is currently demonstrating this in Baltimore. In Los Angeles and Manhattan, Cleary was always the best defensemen on a top team but never good enough to win the Stevens. The teams would be worse without him but are better because he is there. As much as I would love to have a full trophy case and a bunch of Hall of Fame players, being known for having good players is something I still value.

Code:
152 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

There's no question that Ethan Price will end up becoming one of the best players of all time in the Simulation Hockey League.
He'll most definitely be a first year lock for the hall of fame. His talent is simply unmatched, he's an elite goal scorer who also has no issue at all in distributing the puck.
On top of his elite on the ice play, he's also one of the most known players off the ice as well. He's someone who's found constantly going around town handing out free samples of cinnamon toast crunch.
How can you not think someone like that is the absolute best? The answer is, you cannot. You and I both know that this is the case here.
If you combine that with his year after year elite performance on the New England Wolf Pack a member of the Simulation Hockey League, it's quite clear cut that he's going to be joining the hall of fame shortly after retirement.

Daniel Smeb likely could deny the man and boot him out of his home as he already has a decent legacy and is likely already a hall of fame player. But what could be the harm in boosting it some more or even changing anything by taking a drink from the strange pillman who somehow got into my bedroom. Then again i don't think the pt director was erased or that Daniel Smeb became the pt director for a bit after taking the black pill I think it was, so maybe this is another scam from this pillman, either way whats the worst that could happen. Daniel Smeb would take the drink and change his legacy so he won the cup every single season since he joined the SHL and scored 100 points every game to set records that would never be broken again unless the pillman returned to give more people drinks. Daniel Smeb would also win every single award every season somehow even if some awards contradict each other or that involves playing multiple positions at once

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

Prompt 2

While I would love to see my player break records for goals, assists, or points and end up as one of the greatest statistical players of all-time, I don't think that's in the cards for me. Instead, I want to forge a path as an absolute winner. I wasn't able to bring home any titles while I was a member of the Maine Timber, but I'm hopeful I can turn that around as a Hamilton Steelhawk. We've already established ourselves as one of the top teams in the league and I'm hoping to finish my career with double-digit titles. So when people talk of legacy, resume, and who left their mark on SHL, I'm hopeful they mention me as one of the premier winners in league history. There's something to be said for loading up with stats and making numerous All-Star and All-League teams, but at the end of the day why are we playing if not to win? My trophy case will be filled to the brim with Cup after Cup that will lead me to be known as the winningest winner of them all. Y'all can keep your MVPs and other regular season awards. I'll wave to you from the victory parades we have down Main Street in Hamilton!

(211 words)

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

As the very first Sardangian to ever play in the SHL, or even exist on the planet earth (as far as I know), my legacy will not likely be one based on my performance on the ice, but based on the fact that I am an oddity. A curiosity. A thing to be gawked at and ogled.  (Tangentially, gawked and ogled are very funny english language words).

I expect that most of what will be remembered about me will be about things like my extra arms, my wonderful teeth, or my incredible ability to breed.  These are the obvious things that any human might find marvelous about a Sardangian.  I hope that many centuries down the road, when most of the planet's resources have been consumed by my people and humanity are relegated to workers on our farms, that I will be remembered for my compassion towards the other players on the ice, since I did not tear their limbs off when I could, or for my unending desire to learn everything I could about humans and what makes them the way they are.

In short, I hope that I am remembered not as Narboza the defenseman, but as Narboza the Sardangian ambassador and great researcher.

[Image: TD6O3KW.png]
Signature courtesy of sulovilen.  May his name be exalted in Sardangian lore.

Prompt #1

I simply must refuse this offer. Everyone will talk about your greatness, sure. The one thing that haunts me in this deal is having to lay in your bed at night knowing your success was not earned. Some people can live with that on their conscience but not me. Not only that but being a mediocre player already, suddenly jumping to success and being known as elite might raise the brow of fans and media. Soon there will be questioning during press conferences and what answers do you give? Do you tell the truth and admit that your greatness was all a lie or do you avoid and give the same cookie cutter answers that every player is acustom to throwing out to reporters. Being the best at something is not worth it if you didn't earn it. Putting in all that work to be meh may not reap rewards or fame but at least you know you are honest and have integrity. Just look at all the great cheaters that have their legacies soiled by their poor decisions. That will not be me. No sir.

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

Prompt 2:

I hope that people around me at SHL would remember me more locker room guy, who loves pets a lot and everyone of those customers was equal to me. I try to do my best to help my teams to get glory, first I did that with Detroit Falcons and now I'm trying my best with Atlanta Inferno. At the same time I want make sure that everyone of those pets, get some extra pets from their owners. Sometimes I'm even taking care of that they get enough treats and special treatment from owners too. I think that I'm lucky, because I have great teammates who doesn't disturbed if I ask some photos from their pets. It always make my days better. At the end, I want that people remember me always helping them if I can and many interesting discussions with them. It's not easy to describe myself always, because English is officially only my 3rd language, but all of my teammates knew that already, so no problem.

[Image: sig-500500.png][Image: ALFaRJc.gif]

[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png]

[Image: seal1.png]

I am responding to prompt one:

A word to the wise:  only total psychos care about “legacy.”  You know who cared about legacy?  Maximus Decimus Meridius.  “What we do in life echoes in eternity” - I’m sure you’ve heard that doozy.  Where did this obsession with legacy lead our dear friend Maximus?  Six feet under, killed by a pale weirdo who would later become the Joker.  Have I just butchered the plot to an Oscar winning film?  Yup.  But I digress.

It goes without saying that I would decline the European gentleman’s offer.  Fanta is overrated, after all.  Miles O’Brien only cares about doing what is best for the team - nothing more, nothing less.  Fixating on legacy has led many an athlete astray, prompting them to:  use performance enhancing drugs, loading their gloves, stealing signs, and deflating footballs.  Miles cannot abide such underhanded tactics, and being gifted an unearned hall of fame legacy seems about as low as you can go.  How do I get this man to leave?  I tell him to “make a like a tree and get out of here.”

[Image: 22HFBQB.png]

I am responding to prompt 1. It is the easiest choice ever for jukka to take this strange liquid to secure his spot in the hall of fame. At the time of writing this, there is close to a negative percent chance that he gets into the fall of fame by performance alone and without this mysterious liquid intervention. He may have been nominated for a few performance awards in the SMJHL, but he's won absolutely nothing so far in his entire career, and his only SHL award relevance is being nominated for a most improved player - and that's because most of his seasons are so garbage that even following one up with average season performance seems spectacular. So the trade of for a hall of fame is worth it - best case scenario it's just actual fanta, and worst case scenario it's a weird cocktail of steroids and amphetamines, which shouldn't matter since jukka wasn't passing any drugs tests to begin with. So he takes the drink, and despite it working overtime, it barely secures him enough of a combination of award noms, all star votes, and lucky playoff wins, to have his name even considered for the HoF.

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

I am going to do prompt one. Robert Black would definitely elect to take a sip from the Fanta which is almost unmistakably just a soft drink for the opportunity to set his own legacy. And with that sip, Black sets himself up to accomplish more than his HOF predecessors Reggie Williams and Ace Redding were able to. With a combined 7 cups between them, Black would need to win 8 total on his own, across 4 different teams. In addition to that, he would lead the league in scoring and win MVP for each different team, cementing himself as a player that was able to perform no matter where he played. Multiple different teams would induct Black into their HOF due to his unrivalled play. After a long and successful career that would be littered with personal accolades, Black would retire and be instantly inducted into the SHL HOF, with his number 23 jersey being retired league wide. Such things are a mere fantasy though, as strange men offering Fanta don't often possess the ability to set such things in motion.

Prompt 1:

FN LN was a real-life superhero. That's what he sounds like anyway. For many hockey fans today, all that is known about him is what we've read or what those that did see him tell us. It is in those pages and conversations that Last-Names's legend only grows. "Mr. Hockey" was the embodiment of the game, the gold standard on the ice and off it. Even as the nature of the game has changed, the qualities of toughness he possessed and his prolific production would be valued on any team.
He takes on almost a mythical quality now, but when you learn that there's little exaggeration in what was written then and what is still said now, you understand his legend. He was about as close to a superhero as any mortal could come His origin story, growing up in Toronto, playing the game on frozen ponds and lakes, growing stronger than most of his peers by doing a farm boy's chores, makes him an unlikely hero of sorts. He wrote the remaining chapters of his story far better than anyone else could have. It's why he'll always be a part of the SHL and he'll always matter to generations new and old.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2021, 10:36 PM by Rotti.)

Prompt 2

I believe I am well on track to the hall of fame with my current player. I've had a pretty crazy start to my career, being at 60+ points in 4 out of 5 seasons. This is all without hitting my peak TPE yet, and not playing on the power play at all for Hamilton. I think if Hamilton can keep it's winning ways up, I'll be in position, or near position, to set the all time points record if I keep earning and something crazy doesn't happen. Its a big task but I think I'm up to it and in prime position to set some real records. Aaron Wilson is also pretty close to the all time points record track if things keep going the way they are, with him nothing 80 points a year every year. Hamilton is going to have a lot of records coming up and I am very excited to see our future and hope our dynasty continues.

[Image: rotti.gif]