Create Account

S61 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2021, 12:03 PM by Kyamprac.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: hoot

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Biopic (150 words min.)
You've been contacted by a big film studio who wants to center the next big hockey movie around your career so far! All you need to do is supply a 150+ word explanation about what will be key scenes of moments or games in your career, the cast, and a general timeline of the film as it follows you from team to team, junior to pro. This one is open ended so how you approach it is up to you!

Sarah Burke's career hasn't been the most exciting, so chances are the film studio would need to Hollywood things up quite a bit to make it interesting. I would think the movie would probably be a bit of a comedy, highlighting Canadian stereotypes and giving her a goofy accent and weird player habits that somehow involve maple leaves and maple syrup, maybe a guest appearance from a moose or some mounties somewhere. I iimagine there might even be a funny support actor like Shoresy from Letterkenney in there just for added effect.

Or maybe the movie would be an inspirational over-hyped drama that follows her through the many teams she's played in her time with the league, starting with her time in Saint Louis, moving on to her Four Star Cup run with Vancouver, then the gongshow that followed as she moved to progressively less illustrious teams from Hamilton Steelhawks to the Toronto North Stars then finally the Winnipeg Jets, later rebranded to Aurora. Would be fun to have a cliffhanger implying she might end up somewhere else at the end of it all to finish out her career.

Code:
12. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=119534

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+3 TPE

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE, Baby come back 100 words min
If you had the power to bring back one user to the SHL, who would it be? We're talking full activity, balls to the wall. They could be a banned user, user gone inactive, or someone who's around but doesn't really fuck with SHL anymore. Pick your user and why you want them back that badly? Did you love them, or do you just want to watch the league burn?

I would love to see Tonzy come back to activity. Despite his disgusting habit of microwaving salads, I love him anyways because he is just a really good dude and an even better friend who makes every game we play an enjoyable one. While his brother Southpaw is still engaged in the league as a general manager for Maine, it's always more fun to have both twins on board because it seems like they have an immensely positive impact on every community they touch. Tonzy in particular has a magic touch with sim engines when he puts his mind to it, and his magnetic personality and good sense of humor has always made things fun for anyone who interacts with him.

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Pulling a Jordan 150 words min
This is for you folks in multiple sim sports leagues. Pick your player from another league and translate them to the SHL. Which player attributes from your sport would translate to hockey? Design a full player page for them based on the player page of your other league and discuss how they would perform in a season. Would they be godlike? Shitty? You can pull a switcheroo and discuss your SHL player playing in the other sport as well.

This is going to be a terrible build because I have no idea what I'm doing with forwards in this league, but I imagine Zoe Watts would probably come over as a Speedy Forward. She's a speed back in the ISFL and the first stat she ever pumped was speed - because in that sim, speed really is king. Her starter build (below) would probably end up being kind of shitty, but she'd be quick, agile, and ready to jump on offense which is right in line with how she likes to play football. I have no idea how she'd play on a pair of skates, but I imagine she'd figure it out fairly quickly. Similar to the ISFL, she probably wouldn't end up being a hall of famer but a fairly solid player in the long run overall.

Speedy Forward

Screening 5
Getting Open 12
Passing 10
Puckhandling 12
Shooting Accuracy 11
Shooting Range 10
Offensive Read 12

Checking 5
Faceoffs 5
Hitting 5
Positioning 5
Shot Blocking 5
Stickchecking 5
Defensive Read 5

Acceleration 13
Agility 13
Balance 13
Seped 15
Stamina 12
Strength 5
Fighting 5
Aggression 5
Bravery 5

Determination 15
Team Player 15
Leadership 15
Temperament 15
Professionalism 15

Code:
21. Written, 2 TPE, Feed my back (its hungry) 100 words min
It's been 2 seasons now and I can always use constructive criticism. What have I done right regarding PTs? What have I done wrong? Was I doing something the wrong way and fixed it? Was I doing something the right way and fuck it up? Do I even deserve 8 mil a season? Any and all thoughts are welcome EXCEPT malicious posts. Do not attack me, or my work. If you have a problem with it, explain why. Don't just say it sucks and its stupid

I know you've taken some flack for your PTs from some folks, but I appreciate the variety and the fact that they're rookie-friendly/you don't need to know a ton about the sim or even league happenings to be able to write something. For newer or casual players in particular this is nice, because they're still figuring things out and it can be super hard to write about a league you've only just joined or don't pay a ton of attention to. PTs are meant to keep people involved and if they're too much of a headache to write then people dread doing them, don't consistently earn, and maybe don't stay active. ISFL has started to write more creative rookie-friendly prompts the last few seasons, and I'm hoping PBE does the same one of these days.

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=371909 affiliation

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Claim 1 TPE

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 07:16 PM by Count Chocula.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Victor Helstrom
JNH

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestone Link

Code:
6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

Code:
a. Hamilton was not taken to 7 games, Texas enjoyed two series sweeps, which team had the harder path to the final in your opinion?

Texas had the much harder road to the finals this post season as they did not use any cheating to get to the finals. They played each game of each series fairly, and won with nothing more than their own skill and determination. Hamilton just used their cheating ways to get to the finals, where they continued their cheating ways.

Code:
b. Almost ten seasons ago, in S53, Hamilton enjoyed a 40 win season while Texas mustered a measly 9 wins. Now these two teams sit atop the season standings, and the playoff standings. Which is more impressive, to stay good for a decade, or to complete the rebuild and finally achieve greatness?
It is far more impressive that Texas has rebuilt their team from the ashes with hard work and good management. The fact that Hamilton is still at the top of the standings for this long is a testament to their constant dedication to cheating and gaming the system for their own advantage. Texas actually rebuilt their team from the ground up.

Code:
c. What is a renegade? What is a steelhawk? Who is Victor Helstrom from the CW trivia?
A renegade is someone that opposes the group. A Steelhawk is a bird that cheats. So that means that since cheating is accepted in the SHL that the Renegades are the ones who opposed cheating as it is the norm in the league. This also means the Steelhawks are the biggest offenders of the cheat tactics.

Code:
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.
Andreas Kvalheim is the best player in Renegades history, hands down. He is a complete player that can do any task you need him to do. He can score goals, he can make plays, he can lay bone crunching hits, he is reliable defensively, and is all around just a admirable player on and off the ice.

Code:
11a. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Woo yay the Hamilton SteelCheats win another cup, what a shocker. No one ever foresaw this coming. They didn't even try to hide the cheating this season, beating Texas via sweep. Alex Wachter had a pretty good post season with 10 goals in 19 games. There was a lot of unsung heroes though on the Texas roster. Kondos looked like he was 10 years younger the way he played. He lead the Renegades in points. Andreas Kvalheim is ageless wonder, still putting up hall of famer performances. He's still the greatest 2 way forward in the league even after all these years. It's sad he got cheated out of another cup.

Code:
15. Written, 2 TPE, The yearly IIHF task (100 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC if you care about that more. Will there be surprises? Will any players make their country proud? Who's gonna suck? Be bold!

As a Team, I expect the Swiss to have a bounce back tournament this season. Last year was rocky considering they only lost 1 round robin game the year prior. Their younger depth players have grown into veterans, welcoming some newcomers to the roster. They  have an all-star core and should show  significant improvement this tournament. Guys like Keirkegaard and Seger will have to bounce back from a terrible outtings last tournament. They have the talent through their roster to win it all an I honestly feel like anything less than a medal would be a disappointment. Especially with long time team anchor FR retirement coming.

Code:
If you had the power to bring back one user to the SHL, who would it be? We're talking full activity, balls to the wall. They could be a banned user, user gone inactive, or someone who's around but doesn't really fuck with SHL anymore. Pick your user and why you want them back that badly? Did you love them, or do you just want to watch the league burn?

Wasty come back you can blame it all on the Head Office. But really though, Wasty was a dope mofo and watching his activity dwindle after being disenfranchised by the HO was sad to see. He was a legend amongst the site and the longest tenured GM in history, and they didn't even have the courtesy to award him a lifetime achievement award. Wasty is a fantastic graphics guy, he made countless league logos and is super friendly. I wish he was still around to chirp the soft hockey league. I'm glad I got to be a part of his teams with 3 separate players in my time here.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2021, 10:35 PM by Rotti.)

1. Trivia Verification word: Smell +3

3. The S54 draft class is a recent class, but has already given birth to many new storylines throughout the Simulation Hockey League. We have had a lot of team changing going on in this class, and a lot of players in leadership positions. Rotticus Scott, Bork Lazer, Jack Klompus, Mats Marner, and Jean Uthred Ragnarsson Tremblay have all changed teams at least once, if not twice in their young majors careers. Dwight Knight and Rotticus Scott are now gm's of their teams, and many other players are in leadership position in their teams. On top of this, the moves made by these players have given birth to plenty of rivalries. Rotticus Scott going from Chicago to Hamilton caused quite a rift between the two teams, and gave birth to a very competitive rivalry over the "50's". Mikkel Asmus Sondegaard and Bork Lazer have carried quite fiery rivalry throughout their careers, with the both of them going after one another on social media following games against eachother. While Rotticus Scott is far and away the highest scorer of the class, it seems like this class is going to have quite a few players vying for hall of fame glory at the end of everything. 203 words +3

6. +4 TPE
a. The Steelhawks have had by far the hardest road to the finals. While Texas had two sweeps, the Steelhawks played what could be debated as the 3 other best teams in the league other than themselves. Toronto, Buffalo, and Baltimore could all be seen as upper echelon teams, and could very easily have all made the finals had they not run into the Steelhawks. 
b. Well, to stay good for the decade is for sure harder to do. Hamilton has really only gotten better since then, along with the rest of the league. Texas did turn over very fast, as they won a cup in the time between then and now and had finals appearances, but I'd say Hamilton's ability to stay extremely competitive was the more impressive feat, especially with a lot of team turnover. 
c. A steelhawk is a bird made from medal, or a person who enjoys the optional sexual joke. We do a little trolling in Hamilton to say the least. A renegade is a tik tok dance that Charli Damelio did and everyone got mad at her because of it I think. That is what a Renegade is. I do not know what a victor helmstrom is. 
d. The best player to play for the Steelhawks is Aaron Wilson. He is still on the team. The guy literally just scores and thats what he does. Nothing else matters to him except for scoring and winning. The guy is a machine. The best player for the Renegades is Adam Scianna. This guy really stunk at defense in the Minors but he is pogging out in the majors.

PBE Affiliate Rotticus Scott username +3

12. Milestones +3

[Image: rotti.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2021, 12:55 PM by Nhamlet.)

Code:
1. Trivia (3TPE)
Tea, Victor Helstrom

Code:
6. (4TPE)
a) I do think that most people would agree that Hamilton had the tougher path than Texas, not that Texas had any choice in the matter but by nature of the East having a couple tougher teams than the West. Especially with the Pacific division in a flux and no clear top dog, the only true competitor to Texas was Chicago, which was pushed to a game 7 decision. Hamilton had Baltimore and Buffalo to handle, though neither seemed ‘tough’ for them.
b) I think that being at the top is much tougher for different reasons. The blueprint from taking a poor team up is relatively straight forward, the difficulty is execution in ensuring that the steps are done and opportunities hopped upon. On the other hand, when you’re at the top you have different sets of challenges. Such as heightened expectations, the need to continue to find the drive to stay at the top and constantly needing to stay on top with everybody nipping at your feet.
c) A renegade is somebody who doesn’t follow the rules I think? I thought a steelhawk was entirely fictional but a google search apparently determines that it’s a real thing or at least as a title. As for that name in the CW trivia, I honestly have no idea who they are. Maybe they were the original steelhawk/renegade.
d) Don’t remember the extent of the time that Robert Phelps spent on the Steelhawks but the length of his career and hitting the numbers that he did is especially impressive. Having high highs is one thing but the consistency of continuing to grind at it is absolutely a difficult thing as I’m coming to find lately. Unfortunately don’t know the Renegade history enough to say so I’m gonna say it’s my boy Edward Williams, 2x Rookie of the Year.

Code:
12. (3TPE)
Milestones

Code:
13. (3TPE)
This is tough, I really wish there was some easy fix or adjustment that could be made but given what tools GMs have and the clear difference in being able to make use of that depth regardless of any other extraneous effects (salary cap), short of removing Hamilton themselves, I don’t see the possibility of them not being in the top team list for a long time. The other teams of Texas, Chicago and Buffalo to me, are a result of great management work in putting together the highest collection of TPE possible through a variety of trades, drafting and UFA signings. I do believe that they’ll eventually bow out as is natural with regression but it’s clear that with long player careers and how effective players can be at lower TPEs, having a more significant regression is unfortunately necessary in order to see a difference between younger players who earn versus top earners who never fade. I hate it because I am about to enter regression and they’re going to have to change it for the worse/better.

Code:
14. (3TPE)
There are a number of teams who show a lot of promise. Edmonton with their top prospects coming up next season will form a great core to add to what is already a diverse group. Their time to be at the top will come even if it’ll take a little bit longer still.
Tampa seems like their results should be way more impressive than what they’ve done so far. Whether this is in the regular season, playoffs or otherwise, there’s something holding them back from what they should be capable of. This is a team where “doing better” isn’t going to be good enough.
San Francisco is the next team poised for a big breakout, again due to the division they play in but also because of the types of pieces that they already have in place. I think their holes are still more significant compared to a team like Toronto and Texas who essentially drafted just about every active roster member, but that just means that SFP will be looking to use draft assets in some big purchases rather than stay on the patient route knowing how much closer they’ve gotten.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

2. Written, 3 TPE, What if...? (150 words min.)
Pick a moment in SHL history to change. It could be something large, an expansion draft, sim engine change, or something smaller, like a trade or team punishment. Change something about this moment in the SHL and explain the impact the difference would make in how the league developed since that moment. (think Butterfly Effect)

What if Matej Elias had played for the New England Wolfpack? In S41, New England famously called the bluff of the then-GM of the Seattle Riot, Samee. Samee’s player, Matej Elias, was not eligible for auto-draft back then, and the Seattle GM gambled that he could draft his player in a later round and use his picks on other players. New England called this bluff, and Samee was left with his rights owned by another team. After one season in the juniors and some cajoling behind the scenes, Elias would end up playing for Seattle… but only for two seasons, with Samee leaving the player behind after S44. But what would have happened if NEW were granted the rights to Samee (and Samee gave the player the same effort as he did on Seattle)? Well, by season 43, New England missed the playoffs by only 3 points - one and a half games - in a tight race in the Eastern conference. If Elias had replaced Patrick Brumm Jr. on the Wolfpack that season ( Elias having the edge in points, +/-, similar PIM, more hits and SB in a similar total minutes played), that may have won them two of their close games, or dragged another couple to OT - meaning New England makes the playoffs in S43 over none other than the West Kendall Platoon. For those of you that know, WKP barely made the playoffs that year, but pulled off one of the most unlikely underdog stories to win the S43 Challenge Cup.
So, there you have it. Had Samee been forced to pay up for his draft gamble (and not simply retired Matej Elias out of spite), West Kendall might not have the celebrated story of that miracle S43 run. So uh, they can thank Samee for that I guess?

3. Written, 3 TPE, Draft Kings (150 words min.)
Pick a draft class in the SHL that you believe had the most impact on the SHL. It can be a consensus pick, like S36, 31, or 53, or an off-the-board one (S41?). Explain your reasoning to why this draft class impacted the league; Could be in a good way, or a bad way.

My personal pick for most influential draft class in one I’m familiar with, the S46 SHL draft class. That batch of junior players as so bogglingly massive that both SMJHL and SHL expansions were immediately announced. This was the first time the league had expanded since the S40’s, and was a shifting point to a massive growth spurt in active users over the last year for the site in general. There were NINE full rounds drafted at the SMJHL level, and 15 total rounds where players were still being drafted. Even after chopping off the IAs after season’s end, the SHL draft for S46, where NOLA and CHI entered the SHL fray, there were 5 full rounds of players picked, and more after that. This was not only a major shift for the SHL demographics in general, but the class itself was full of super active and amazing players, many of whom are still active in the league and putting in top minutes for their teams. Added bonus - my second player, SMJHL superstar, Swiss IIHF Inaugural team member and complete SHL bust Basil Magnicotta - was part of this class, picked 53rd overall by the New Orleans Specters.

You've been contacted by a big film studio who wants to center the next big hockey movie around your career so far! All you need to do is supply a 150+ word explanation about what will be key scenes of moments or games in your career, the cast, and a general timeline of the film as it follows you from team to team, junior to pro. This one is open ended so how you approach it is up to you!

The movie would likely begin in Sibiu, Romania, where a young child shows an interest and aptitude for hockey, in a nation much better acquainted with football. After excelling in the Romanian circuits, Antonescu is called up as a teenager to play in the lower leagues of the Czech Extraliga where he also excels, and finally convinces his family to allow him to declare for foreign drafts. After a long talk with his family, he decides to declare eligibility for the SMJHL at 15, and he is later drafted in the 3rd round by the St. Louis Scarecrows. The next section of the film would likely go over his appointment as the starter while still being a rookie, and then his decent performance as starter for the next four seasons. Having been drafted by San Francisco, his first season of SHL action would once again be as the starter, a rarity for SHL clubs, and his impressive first showing helped the rebuilding Pride make a surprise playoff appearance, and narrowly missing out on winning the Jesster award for S58. The film would end with the arrival of the present day, where the Pride are just emerging from their rebuild into a competitive window, and Antonescu heading up te crease.

6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Hamilton was not taken to 7 games, Texas enjoyed two series sweeps, which team had the harder path to the final in your opinion?

Hamilton had the harder path, despite being the kind of team to be the perennial overdog these days. The Eastern Conference is a larger bloodbath than the West right now, and the quality of teams faced ended up being a tougher go for Hamilton. Had they been in the West, I would imagine Hamilton would have had a similar path as Texas with a couple of series sweeps.
b. Almost ten seasons ago, in S53, Hamilton enjoyed a 40 win season while Texas mustered a measly 9 wins. Now these two teams sit atop the season standings, and the playoff standings. Which is more impressive, to stay good for a decade, or to complete the rebuild and finally achieve greatness?
I hate to say it, but to maintain greatness for so long. There is a good argument to the contrary - in a sim league that is a community first, competition second, and regression being light, it isn’t difficult to keep a good core of players intact, and have friend groups that remain fixed to one club - but there is a reason nothing good lasts forever. Consistency in a sim league is tricky to keep, as real life marches on and people and communities change. Hamilton has easily joined the greater dynasties in SHL history, and not everyone can pull that off.
c. What is a renegade? What is a steelhawk? Who is Victor Helstrom from the CW trivia?
A renegade is someone who goes around the confines of the law, or rebels in some way. As the logo indicates, Texas’ interpretation of the renegade has the American Wild West connotations. I have no idea what a Steelhawk actually is, but it honesty sounds like a classification of fighter jet. Additionally, I have no idea. Who IS Victor Helstrom?
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.
Given the amount of accolades and scoring titles, I’ve got to give this one to Theo Morgan. Absolutely one of the most dominant players in league history, let alone either team. Scoring over 100 points in a season is nuts enough already, and his PPG totals will be best in history by the time he is done, in most likelihood.

Milestones
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3117045
Starting Goaltenders (40 GP or more)
Wins (W): 30 or more
Loses (L): 24 or more
Overtime Loses (OTLs): 4 or more (7)
Shutouts: 4 or more (4)
Saves: 1720 or more (1802)
Save %: 0.917 or higher (0.923)

Goals Against Average (GAA): 2.71 or lower

Total milestone claim: 3 TPE

Total Championship Week claim: 3 +3 + 3 + 4 + 3 = 16 total claimed

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

Fileworker PT pass?

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2021, 10:59 AM by artermis.)

angy

Pick a moment in SHL history to change. It could be something large, an expansion draft, sim engine change, or something smaller, like a trade or team punishment. Change something about this moment in the SHL and explain the impact the difference would make in how the league developed since that moment. (think Butterfly Effect)

The season is S25.The IIHF is still fresh off its restructuring, and Czechoslovakia is one of the IIHF’s newest teams as a result of the new structure. Key transfers had given the team an aging but key core and new recruitment measure plus an aggressive unassigned transfer policy led to a strong youth movement for one of the weakest teams in the IIHF. The team had, up to this point, had a lifetime 16-21-10 record and had only one year with a winning record. Depth scoring was the theme, with no one player reaching point-per-game pace, and with the heroics of aging Mike Verminski, the Czechs were able to defeat both Russia (with former Czech goalie prospect, Mark Harter) and then the Canadians in an intense overtime thriller, only to lose to the middling Latvia in the finals. Given the choice, I’d make it so that Czechia wins gold if only just to end my depression. I can’t imagine anything else changing, save for maybe a brief recruitment spike, but the nation was small enough that it might not have changed much for the rest of the S20’s and S30’s. Oh, and Petr wouldn’t have been created.

3. Written, 3 TPE, Draft Kings (150 words min.)
Pick a draft class in the SHL that you believe had the most impact on the SHL. It can be a consensus pick, like S36, 31, or 53, or an off-the-board one (S41?). Explain your reasoning to why this draft class impacted the league; Could be in a good way, or a bad way.

Well I have a sheet full of draft statistics, so I’mma do this quantitatively.

The largest SMJHL draft classes have been S46 with 116, S6 with 111, and S53 with 98, while the largest SHL draft classes have been S46 with 85, S5 with 81, and S20 with 74. The largest regression classes have been S46 with 47, S39 with 41, and both S36 and S43 with 35. The largest Hall of Fame classes have been S1 with 14, S20 with 12, and S5 with 10.

If we average out every class’ ranking in these categories, it’s not outlandish to say that these classes have had the most impact on the SHL. I say “these” because both S20 and S31 have an average rank of five, and as someone who was present for both classes, this doesn’t surprise me. S20 began a culture change within the SHL that lasted through the S20’s and that S31 would complete, transforming the SHL landscape into an entirely new place.

SMJHL Milestones, +3 TPE

Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC if you care about that more. Will there be surprises? Will any players make their country proud? Who's gonna suck? Be bold!

UCORCAL will win gold and that’s not a prediction, as it be like it is and this is. Petr Svoboda will always make his country proud, and by country I mean Czechia. If Russia or Latvia are proud too, they’re allowed, but they shouldn’t be too excited, you know?

In the IIHF, Czechia will win, although at the same time I hope not because then Petr Svoboda will not be making his country proud as he is not playing for Czechia, but forget I said that. Oh, also Japan and Switzerland will suck because they’re not Czechia and are specifically anti-Czechia. Japan will especially suck. Rest assured, Japan will be reclaimed by the ocean.

If I had to bring a user back from the dead, the decision makes itself .. or close to it. I would call upon the help of the Czech elite, as I can’t win gold by myself, as much as I would try. Amongst the Czech elite, there’s some good choices. Mike Verminski, one of if not the most legendary Czech goaltender, main issue being he was hardly an active Czech to begin with. Jala, creator of Zoidberg, longtime dman for Jala, but I realize he’s happier elsewhere. Then there’s the top two picks: AGH or Dmoushey. AGH as Big Z was Czechia’s power forward for the S20’s, and PLL was a long-serving captain and points leader for Czechia through the same timeframe and beyond, becoming career leader in many categories for the Czechs. If I had to pick a partner in crime, it’d be Dmoushey.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

PT pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2021, 12:38 PM by Ohtaay.)

Code:
Code:

Victor Helstrom
Verification: oats
3 - TPE

Code:

The movie would start with leading up to the SMJHL junior draft, not receiving any interest from GMs, until a couple of hours before the draft when Anchorage reaches out, and says they are going to draft me based on another players recommendation. The next chapter of the movie would transition to Anchorage winning the cup, and the team celebrating, doing the cup parade. From there we would look forward to the SHL draft, and going through the scouting process. It would show the indepth interviews that I had with each team before transitioning to draft night and my name being called by the texas renegades. From there it would have a rookie season highlight reel, which would connect with the awards show and me winning the jesster award. Once again we would fast forward to the end of the following season, following the team through the playoffs, which would ultimately lead to the Texas renegades wining the cup.

159 words - 3 TPE

Code:

B: I think going through the rebuild is much more impressive. Hamilton has benefited from many free agents joining their team season after season which allows them to stay at the top. Being a team building from nothing, keeping your players from not leaving and making into to the finals is a much harder task.

55 Words - 1 TPE

Code:

Claim 3 TPE: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3117088

Code:
13. Written, 3 TPE, Parody (150 words min.)
There has been some discussion on the forums but its always good to hear more opinions: Parity. Going back 6 seasons including this one there have been 4 teams in the finals: Buffalo, Chicago, Hamilton, and Texas. If you add New Orleans you can go back 8 seasons. 5 different teams for 8 straight finals. Is this an issue? Does it need to be fixed? Can it even be fixed? I'm interested to hear opinions, approaches, or just doom and gloom on whether you think this will change, or if we will still be talking about the same teams making the finals over and over in 5 seasons.

Parity will never be fixed in FHM, hamilton is continuously good because of 2 reasons: Discord and FHM tactics. Hamilton boast probably the most active SHL team discord, which they also allow players from another teams to take part of certain channels in their discord. This allows players outside of their organization to get an idea of what their team discord is like, it also allows you to connect with their team before having to join. With this advantage they are able to develop relationships with users, and have them interested in their team. From there, they have tested FHM and have seem to found a build that stands out stronger then others. With most of their forwards focusing on getting Puck Handling and Checking to 19/20 before any attribute. Despite other teams having similar roster tpe levels, the one difference is their player builds. These builds seem to be giving hamilton an advantage over other teams. With Hamilton winning, and a strong discord they will always be a top team. This effect is continued onto other teams as well, however not to the same effect. For example Texas has not attracted free agents and have built their team from within. However, if they cannot attract free agents they will fall out of contention.

215 words. - 3 TPE

Code:
This is for you folks in multiple sim sports leagues. Pick your player from another league and translate them to the SHL. Which player attributes from your sport would translate to hockey? Design a full player page for them based on the player page of your other league and discuss how they would perform in a season. Would they be godlike? Shitty? You can pull a switcheroo and discuss your SHL player playing in the other sport as well.

My player in PBE is DJ Law, DJ by all means was built to be a low focus player, not top of the line, but could do his job. I built him as a relief pitcher, that only had 2 good pitches, and his other attributes were majorly lacking. In baseball you are able to do this, as you can play specific roles and not have to be rounded in the full skills of the game. Converting him to the SHL would be like building a shooter, I would have a really good wrist shot and good slap shot as well. However his other attributes would be lacking. He would be an average skater, an average passer, would have very little strength in his game. The biggest downfall of his game would his defensively player, Law is built as a pure offensive player in PBE. Brining him to the SHL would be a disaster as he is not use to playing defence.

162 words. 3 - TPE

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Affiliate Task
+3 PBE Affliation

Code:
Toast

3TPE

Code:

Claim

2TPE

Code:

If I could pick one moment in SHL history to change it would be when I took over as Minnesota Chiefs GM from Boon is the S10s. I did not really understand what I was getting into and I did not treat it with the respect the position warrants. Minnesota has a solid team at this point but I traded away strong roster players for mid draft picks in a time where the SHL would only have one or two strong rounds in the Entry Draft if it was lucky. If I had not taken this position it's possible that a more reliable member would take on the position and bring in the talent that Minnesota needed to succeed at the time and I wouldn't carry the reputation of being a poor GM. My tenure in Maine has been much more successful than the Minnesota one despite Maine not making the playoffs this time around. I think in the event I do not take that Minnesota role I would be regarded as a semi-successful GM maybe?

Code:
176, 3TPE

Code:
11a. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

I didn't even get close to waiting for the end yet the Finals are already over. Hamilton wins another Cup and the league rejoices after another exciting Finals that not even the Champions cared about. Woo.

I'd give my MVP nod to Theo Morgan. Not only was he reliable for putting pucks in the back of the net, he was also one of the key parts in generating plays for the Steelhawks. A lot of strong players on Hamilton but I think Theo stands out amongst them all. Texas didn't really have anyone factor in during a sweep and the other weapons Hamilton had did not shine as much.

Code:
109 words, 2TPE

Code:

I would try to convert Ivan Toastovich to the SHL. Toastovich is a fantastic name and it would be great to see this big guy try to handle himself in the pro hockey league. We have some ridiculous threats in the league like Duncan the Walrus in the SMJHL so I have no doubts that a football player would be able to handle this as well. Toastovich's strengths are in his speed on the field and his stamina, being able to take off with a burst of speed and not drop off that max speed for a huge run off a reception. If he can get that sort of explosive energy into his skates I see him being a threat in the SMJHL for a team that would take him on but I don't think a one-weapon kind of player would find success in the SHL. I can see Toastovich going down in the SMJHL hall of fame but burning out the second he attempts to make the jump to the pros. Definitely no connection to the ISFL there...

Code:
179 words, 3TPE

16TPE total assuming trivia is correct

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2021, 07:38 PM by O4L.)

Code:

kbye

Code:

If I did not push reddit recruitment when I was recruitment head back in S20 as hard as I did then a lot of tryhard reddit members would not have joined which would've kept the league smaller for at least a good portion and possibly a similar size to VHL to this day, our drafts would've just stayed a similar small size to the years before where we'd get maybe 10 actives a draft maximum. Some times I kind of regret doing it since it added so many tryhards to the league which turned it from a fun casual league to a tryhard league where players need to spend ages in juniors and stay active for an insane amount of time before they even have a chance of making it to the SHL. If we don't add so many tryhards then maybe we never ruin STHS and switch to the worse sim engine where you can pick three teams at the beginning of the year and 10/10 times one of them will win the cup.

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3117121

Code:
There has been some discussion on the forums but its always good to hear more opinions: Parity. Going back 6 seasons including this one there have been 4 teams in the finals: Buffalo, Chicago, Hamilton, and Texas. If you add New Orleans you can go back 8 seasons. 5 different teams for 8 straight finals. Is this an issue? Does it need to be fixed? Can it even be fixed? I'm interested to hear opinions, approaches, or just doom and gloom on whether you think this will change, or if we will still be talking about the same teams making the finals over and over in 5 seasons.

I mean this is clearly an issue, but one that cannot be easily fixed without forced parity which isn't a good option either. The other option is doing what EHM online leagues did when they had a similar issue where there was one tactic that was so OP that leagues started banning tactics all together and lots of leagues run without tactics now and are generally considered the more fun and realistic sim leagues since anything can actually happen once you make the play-offs instead of the best teams always winning. I think that's where SHL should start to look to head towards. The amount of test simming you need to do right now takes a lot of fun out of the league and just kills the casual aspect that once made SHL great. So much of this stuff is min/maxxed to an insane level. It's really sad that there's so many players that can spend their entire career on a middle of the pack team and never once have a chance at winning the cup just due to the amount of min/maxxing that is currently used by the top teams in the league. Changes probably won't happen anytime soon because it seems like the people at the top don't consider this a real issue, even though it is and has ruined any realism the league once had.

Code:

After years of me picking Japan to win and years of us getting close but not close enough to win, we finally have developed a roster that can consistently beat the other top teams and dominate IIHF when it matters. The job Kyl and I did with setting up the base of the roster and new fed heads coming in and making some adjustments and roster changes and going on to win reminds me of what happened in Calgary right before their dynasty.. I believe the same thing will happen here and Japan will win IIHF once again and win the next two IIHFs as well for 5 golds in a row.

Code:

The answer for me is pretty easily Gorlab. Not only because there's a huge difference between a Gorlab who is actively trying to get banned and a Gorlab who wants to be here. The amount of stories I've read from people who weren't even active on the site when Gorlab was here are hilarious, the truth has been stretched so far to the point where most of the "stories" about what happened don't even resemble anything close to what happened. It's true what they say in that history is written by the victors, people can literally say anything they want and as long as nobody was there for it or has a good enough memory to remember what happened nobody will deny it. Anyway, a Gorlab that wants to be here was a huge asset to the league and one of the funniest members in league history.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 10:31 PM by leafs1997.)

1. 1+ TPE
hello

4. 3 TPE
Vlastislav Malik knew there'd be a movie about him someday! We start off with SMJHL draft day. Malik is a relatively unknown junior player anxiously watching the draft unfold on his TV in his humble home in Czech Republic. The first few picks are made, Malik knows he was never going to be called that early. Kelowna Knights' GM, Katth, makes his way to the podium with a sly grin on this face. Surely not. Did Kelowna really scout him? Malik didn't recall seeing any of their scouts...but then again, does he even know their scouts? Katth makes the pick, Malik has made it into the SMJHL! The next few days are a whirlwind, Malik gets on the next plane to Kelowna, bringing his few possessions with him. He's greeted at the airport by his mate from the British Isles, Titan, and Kelowna Captain, Teddy Park. Little did Malik know that these three would be inseparable, even after being drafted to the SHL and moving on up. That's it. One movie on the SMJHL draft, another on the few failed seasons of Kelowna playoffs + the Cup win, another on the SHL draft to NOLA, and finally one on Malik's SHL career to date. Malik ain't a fool. 4 movies or nothing. Good day.

6. 4 TPE
a) Let's be real, neither of them had "hard" paths to the Finals. Which is the lesser of two evils? Hamilton in this case. They had to beat BAP and BUF on the way to the Finals, who were the 3rd and 4th most points in the regular season behind only HAM and TEX. HAM takes the slight edge here.
b) I'll go with TEX here. Based on my limited SHL experience, it seems quite easy to stay atop the standings once you've made it there, unless you really mess something up. TEX made it through the tough times and came out the other end, which is what we're trying to do here in NOLA as well. So, TEX takes the W here.
c) A renegade is a rebel. They don't give in to the rules. They make their own. A steelhawk is a non-handed, narrow backset, mechanical locking hardware with electrified access control, according to a quick Google search. I'd take a renegade over a steelhawk, even if a steelhawk was in fact a hawk. Victor Helstrom is....exactly who you think he is.
d) Aaron Wilson is the best player for HAM. I haven't been around for awhile and I don't know the HAM/TEX rosters too well, but it seems like Wilson is always at or near the top in points season in and season out. Based on that alone, he must be an integral player for HAM. To be fair though, that team is stacked. To lead in points on a stacked team makes you that much better, right?

12. 3 TPE
Claim
Assists: 30 or more
Hits: 96 or more
Special Points: 11 or more

18. 2 TPE
This one is SO easy. I'd bring back Cian McFelter, @Titan. He is a great guy, despite his advanced age. Was a great leadership character in the LR, but his SHL career went into shambles when he started being cranky all the time. I'd bring him back, so we could finally play on NOLA together (we got drafted there together before he fell off the map). We could play on one line, with him centering me. I'd do that, even though I know he never passes. Ask anyone in Kelowna (we played there together after I recruited him there), they know! Bring Titan back!

19. 3 TPE
Firstly, that was a great PT! Malik really enjoyed interacting with the shadowy character and eating those pills! Still waiting to see long-term side effects though. Anyways, once Malik has teamed up with the shadowy character, he'd develop a ton of pills! Who said we HAD to only make one type? Firstly, Malik is always hungry for snacks. Several batches of jelly beans coming right up. Malik will be taking orders. Grape? We got it. Green apple? We got it. Money? You better got it. After that, let's give HAM some trouble, shall we? Let's be real, we don't need pills to make us better. We just need to make them worse. So, let's focus on that first. Once we've brought them down a few pegs, we better start winning with NOLA. If we don't, Malik will get everyone in the NOLA LR to pool their money and focus on developing pills to make us OP. Its time for Malik to win a few Cups. He don't care if its legit or not.

21. Extra
Don't need the TPE here, but great job bro! The PTs were 100% more interesting. Haters talking? In one ear, out the other. Keep it up! Go NOLA! Smile

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2021, 09:17 PM by NorwegianDemon.)

Code:

norway

Code:

I will only talk about the first few scenes or prologue of this hypothetical movie. This film would start from when I learned to skate in my younger day in Norway. It would start with a scene of me looking at people skating on a frozen pound near my hometown and me telling my parents that I wanted to be able to do what these people were doing. Then, there would be a time jump and it would cut to a scene of me in my teenage years getting hit pretty by one of my opponent’s playing hockey and ending up on my ass. I would then get up and went on to score a goal. Following that game, a scout would come to see me and asked me if I wanted to take my talent to North America and joins the Detroit Falcons. The next scene would be about my first trip to America and me getting picked by the Falcons at the SMJHL draft. The prologue would end with me saying goodbye to my parents while they left me by myself in Detroit.

185 words

Code:

Code:

Because of the fact that you become a free agent pretty quickly in this league, I think what Texas did by building a contender team after a season with so few wins is more impressive. It’s not hard to convince people to stay or joined a good team, but Texas had to convince players to stay with them and trust the plan they had for all these years, even if the team was only slowly climbing the standings which is a massive achievement.

83 words

Code:

A steel hawk is a bird, the look like a hawk, but is made entirely of steel. It can still fly and move is wings, but of course, it incredibly loud and it makes a scary sound if you don’t know that there is an actual steel hawk near you. It’s even worse if he is flying when it is dark outside.

62 words

Code:
MILESTONES TBD (check back later)

S61 MILESTONES

Code:

I definitely think the league has a massive parity problem right now. The lack of diversity in teams making it to the finals will need to be addressed, because we’re going to end up with one of two problems. First, people will become less interested in the league, because their teams won't ever be able to compete properly, you get your hopes up during the regular season, but you always exit the playoffs in the early rounds and this cycle repeating every year can become tiring really quickly. The second possible problem is that the players who value winning over everything will all end signing for the same few teams that can compete when they become unrestricted free agents, which means this will kill the progress of the other team and they won’t be able to sneak in with the top group. Unfortunately, I really don’t know how this problem can be fixed permanently.

154 words

Code:
21. Written, 2 TPE, Feed my back (its hungry) 100 words min
It's been 2 seasons now and I can always use constructive criticism. What have I done right regarding PTs? What have I done wrong? Was I doing something the wrong way and fixed it? Was I doing something the right way and fuck it up? Do I even deserve 8 mil a season? Any and all thoughts are welcome EXCEPT malicious posts. Do not attack me, or my work. If you have a problem with it, explain why. Don't just say it sucks and its stupid.

I think you’ve done a really good job since taking over as the PTs head. I’ve not skipped a PT since you got that job which is a good indicator that you’re doing something great. For me, the best change you’ve made is introducing a second choice for the main PT every week. In the past, I had to give up on some TPE, because I had absolutely no inspiration about what to write in a given week, because I didn’t find the subject interesting or it wasn’t something I had experienced. But now, having two choices of prompt to write, it’s basically impossible not to have something to say about one of the subjects.

115 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]