Create Account

Dragons about their past seasons and future
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 12:31 PM by st4rface.)

Calgary Dragons have seen plenty changes in past few seasons. Some players had to leave, some had to join, but all of them have one thing in common - they all have seen changes. They all have seen positive things, negative things and had adventures.

Dragons Dragons Dragons 

Let's start with our upcomong star #A-Rye Izzy who is the next generation after Mike Izzy himself. This defender is from S58 Draft Class, but has already seen a lot of stuff changing in this city and team. However, he was very busy and only his father was able to give some comments about his son's success.

His father Mike Izzy where hyped about #A-Rye and were very detalised about his growth: ''It’s been an exciting and tumultuous 2020 for my son #A-Rye..he got his drivers license! He also got 3 DWIs… For the record, I took away his lambo and now he is only allowed to be shoford around! His tiger #Kitty became the team mascot for Dragons. He became captain for the Kelowna Knights and led them to a 4-Star cup championship! His face was on the championship banner along side his pal Richard LaFleur. He was 1 of 3 stud Dragon rookies to get promoted to Calgary. He alongside Lafluer and Lilja became the
''DOMINION'' and they dominated the postseason on there way to a Western conference championship series in there first year of play! He stayed out of rehab, got off of parole and to my knowledge has not gotten anyone pregnant… It’s a success all around for my good son #A-Rye!''

After Izzy's comments, we were able to get in a conversation with Chris Goodname aswell. Goodname comes from S55 Draft class and is a defender from Canada. As we see, Dragons blue line is in safe hands for sure. However, last season was such a rollercoaster for him. He told more about it to us!

''Chris Goodname last season started rehab for injury at the lower back. Since the team and coaches needed every one of us I was willing to play at the season despite the injury. Goodname was under injections and hard to tell if it affected his game but actually, it was the best season for him. After the start of the preseason, he spent time with family and did mental recreation in the countryside most of his time doing paintings. Before the start of training camp, Chris Goodname did the chef courses at Arikkanens Memorial Parm Tower. It was tasty all week. When the training camp started he joined with other elder teammates and made bets how Parmborg will do pranks to rookies and who will be first,'' said Chris Goodname.

[Image: cut.jpg]

We got lucky, because oldhead Joseph Weston had some comments too. This oldhead joined SHL in far S50 which means he has been dominating this league for a decade now. This old forward with a lot of experience were surprisingly talky. He told a lot about what has been happening in last couple seasons and how is he feeling.

Joseph Weston was hyped to talk: ''Joseph Weston has been busy on multiple fronts in the past few seasons. The most notable would most likely be his foray into Free Agency, which left a lot of varying impressions on the league for him. Numerous General Managers exhibited their teams and demonstrated pitches that were very impressive. However, the Dragons managed to sell a sweet deal yet again. Coming back to Calgary has meant the world to Weston, and the words of affirmation from so many people makes it all worth it. The people on the team currently have been as welcoming as ever, the management stands behind us with every decision, and the prospects are truly a sight to behold as they continue to develop and grow. The future is bright to say the least in Calgary, and being here is a blessing unlike any other on the planet. Growing pains are inevitable but the chance to live through such a great era is unparalleled. There is certainly a lot to be hopeful for with the the team, but no one can see the future so who knows how it'll turn out. Oh and Joseph Weston definitely consumed his fair share of relaxing beverages to help pass the time when needed!''

Our rookie and upcoming star Duncan Mackenzie was interested to talk aswell. This S61 draftee already has an impressive history, haha. Big things are coming for him for sure. He didn't talk a lot, but made us sure that he is actively working to get better each day. He is still playing in SMJHL, but soon his time will come and he will be called up to SHL.

''A lot has happened in the last season. Duncan Mackenzie was drafted to Kelowna, played a season with Gerry, was drafted to Calgary and is now Kelowna's points leader for the current season. Life is good for DMack on the ice. Off the ice, he is trying to hit the gym as often as possible and keep up his social media game,'' said Duncan Mackenzie.

Last, but not least, who talked about couple past seasons were Dragons new defender who joined them just this off-season. Yes, it's Aumy Jr. and he was happy to talk with reporters about him, his achievements and even more stuff what has happened in past seasons.

''Well, last seasons have been interesting. It has been such a rollercoaster and you can't say that I'm lying. I was playing for the strongest team in the SHL and won a championship and then they just threw me out with no regrets. Then nobody wanted to signed me except one team... And here I am - in Calgary. I'm proud and thankful to play here and this is my home for sure. Will see for how long they will let me be one of them, but I hope that this team will be a longterm place to stay. Couple WJC medals, one bronze medal in IIHF and one time SHL champion. If that was the first half of career - I'm intrigued to see how it will be in other half.''

As we see, all five Dragons players who were asked about their past seasons and future, were hyped. This team is definitely ready for next couple seasons. Maybe not this season, but Dragons will soon bring cup back to Calgary after so many seasons. After 16 played games this far, they are in 14th place in standings in this league. However, they are just one point behind 11th place, so it's all good. They will definitely get in to that TOP 10 in other half of season. We have to understand that Dragons had plenty changes in their roster, so they have to improve their team chemistry up. And I'm sure they will! Let's go Dragons! 

Thanks to everyone who helped me with comments. It helped me to make an interesting media which might help a lot of users get to know Dragons players a bit better!
Dragonite
Almost 1200 words

Stars Stars Stars

Dragonite

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Hot damn, you love to see it! Dragons

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa