Create Account

S62 mPT 4: Automation

Code:
Your task: What portion of the site would be improved greatly with a little bit of automation? We already saw the banking get a huge boost from this, what other areas? Activity checks, claiming PTs, submitting updates, trolling someone every time they post anything, the world is your robotic oyster.

An automated way for claiming PT's would save a lot of time and searching around in the site. Not sure how that could be implemented though, but that would be an awesome feature that could save the updaters a lot of time! 

(42 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

Automating the weekly training and activity check systems would be kind of cool. You could just click one magical button that would start a new reply to your player update thread with those two tasks already claimed.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Activity checks just being a button you click in your banking profile every week would be sick. Pretty minor but it's not like its some huge thing currently anyway.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

I can't think of too many things other than what has already been said by others. The automation of the TPE system would be a good addition as it would reduce a lot of the ticky-tack updating. I know a lot of people who would be turned off joining because of the amount of work to check for claims and then having to copy the link and the TPE and the name of the claim. On top of all that, you have to account for the weird glitch with the pasting into the reply box that this site has.

If anything, that paste bug needs to fixed first IMO. That is insanely annoying. Just my opinion.

[ 118 words ]

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

i one hundred percent know that i am not going to be the only person writing about this, but the simulation hockey league desperately needs an automated update system. while i am not a big fan of fellow hockey sim league the victory hockey league, it has an automated update system which is legitimately one of the best things ever. it is so easy to use, so intuitive (plus its equivalent of the ac is instantly claimable in there too), and so just radical that its one of the most awesome things a sim league has. if the simulation hockey league was to implement an automated update system, everything would honestly be so much easier for everyone involved in the league. updating would be a breeze (and maybe i would not be writing this point task the way i am so as to increase my word count) and i think it would be a major selling point for the league, possibly bringing in more users. do this please head office

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Honestly I don’t know about which department can use automation but I would like to see more done with the media department.. at this point all media does is grade and once a season does a double media.. I believe there’s allot what they can do over there to add more strong content to the site.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

A lot of people have said this already, but I’m going to repeat it. If we were to make a way that claiming tasks from a single thread instead of individual posts, that’ll make my league life much easier.
(41 words)

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

This one is pretty easy. The answer is PT claims. No idea how it could be accomplished, but it would be awesome if claims could be made immediately after finishing a task.

32 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

I think claims would be a great thing to be automated. Post all claims into one post with the links already ready to copy and paste.

Claiming PT/Activity checks would be a godsend. The best way to prove activity is just to log in every day. Surely there has to be a script out there somewhere that could compare a person's daily log in with their current player to determine activity. Claiming PT or having it automatically assigned too, I imagine the PT team would just have to click a box or hit approve to verify someone submitted it on time.

I would love if the SHL somehow did away with the updates pages. The way that the VHL/EFL/SBA do it with their online portals is the way to go, IMO. It just saves so much time and it's all so fluid.

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

Did someone say automatic PT claims??? Can we please do this? If there was a way that we could have the claimed TPE get added to our players that would be amazing. There would still need to be some checking by players to make sure the right TPE amounts were awarded as mistakes can happen but this would be such a good thing to implement.

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

In agreement with the other replies in this thread, I think the schedules should be a bit more accessible. Even as a simmer it took me awhile to find the schedules the first couple times.

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]

Nobody updates IIHF or WJC medalists anymore so that historic section on this site needs some automation because now last medalists who have been updated are from S54 or S55 I guess.

[Image: salming.png]

Automatic PT claim would be for sure the best thing ever. You had your update thread and it would automatically input the claimed tasks there and all you needed to do was select either to bank or where to spend the TPE.

(42 words)