Create Account

Updated: Changes to Regression

[Image: bzocs3X.jpg]

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

I've heard HO is trying to find pear in tree. Here you go!
[Image: 1-894.jpg]
I don't get the outrage. I get that some teams live in better climates for pear in tree but I don't see how that has to do with GMs or regression

12-03-2021, 07:11 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
12-03-2021, 06:34 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: The only question is do we keep tagging them?

Yes
[Image: 495627893490188290.png]

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

12-03-2021, 10:48 PMNamelessNate Wrote: I've heard HO is trying to find pear in tree. Here you go!
I don't get the outrage. I get that some teams live in better climates for pear in tree but I don't see how that has to do with GMs or regression

Apples > Pears

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

12-03-2021, 10:48 PMNamelessNate Wrote: I've heard HO is trying to find pear in tree. Here you go!

[Image: IMG_1017.jpg]

It’s actually parrot T’s we’re after.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

as someone who peaked at barely over 1000 tpe its frankly disrespectful to people in the S53/S54 classes to complain about not having their time when i worked 4x as hard and got 1/7th the rewards.

The first time that I tried the SHL, I rage quit after one of the teams was punished severely for "tampering". I thought it outrageous, because teams and players engage in tampering on some level all the time in order to let players go to a team where they will be happy. By the time I came back for my second player I realized that the rules makers in this league are not professionals. Their hearts are in the right place. They are really trying for the most part to make this fair and enjoyable for the many rather than only the few. Often, their decisions have unintended consequences. I do wish that the rule making process was more democratic and open to revision or refinement before becoming "law". You know, my country was created over this very issue of rules being issued without representation.

However, I made peace when I came back the last time with the fact that I could put in significant effort in developing my player and have the rug pulled out from underneath me by events totally out of my control. I've come back again to enjoy the process more than to get wrapped up in some rat race over beating out other players for TPE to become "the best" at my peak. This kind of thread shows why the SHL will remain for me something that I enjoy week-to-week or season-to-season. As long as it remains fun, I'm looking forward to a career, whatever rules the HO decides to spit out. I sincerely hope that my third time proves to be a charm. Long live the SHL.

[Image: embros.png]

[Image: ddIlIkT.png]  [Image: qzGJBye.png]
Player Render by Merica

12-03-2021, 04:11 PMhockeyiscool Wrote:
12-03-2021, 03:13 PMTommySalami Wrote: I think it's been fairly clear a goal of ours has been to improve parity. We have done so with our build change which made it easier for lower-TPE players to be good.

When we were an STHS league, the scale of the league was effectively 800 - 1500. Yeah, you could go above 1500 TPE but the attributes you were improving had extremely little affect on your performance. Once you hit 1200 TPE in STHS, in the right situation you could be a star player

In FHM, you can increase valuable attributes well above any conceivable amount of TPE you can earn. Players who actively participated in the league at above 2000 TPE are getting full advantage of that 2000 TPE. That creates further disparity in the league so we wanted to bring the max TPE in the league down so there's less difference between a rookie and a max-earner. This is what moving regression up one season accomplishes.

S53s are feeling this the hardest because they are getting hit with the leveling out of the field and their first regression all at once but this isn't an "unfair" situation to S53s as we've accounted for the earning potential of earlier classes and added on to their regression as needed and all future classes will regress a season earlier lowering their earning potential.
The fact that you think S53 are feeling this the hardest is flat out incorrect...and makes me question your judgment.
Also the fact that they think regression is going to help parity. Top teams, as they always have, will find ways to replace that talent. Whether it’s via free agency, trades, or tampering, it’s going to happen. Regression may help parity short term, but long term it’s not changing anything.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2021, 12:48 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

12-04-2021, 11:52 AMFuzzSHL Wrote:
12-03-2021, 04:11 PMhockeyiscool Wrote: The fact that you think S53 are feeling this the hardest is flat out incorrect...and makes me question your judgment.
Also the fact that they think regression is going to help parity. Top teams, as they always have, will find ways to replace that talent. Whether it’s via free agency, trades, or tampering, it’s going to happen. Regression may help parity short term, but long term it’s not changing anything.
Increased turnover is at least 1 piece of the puzzle, no? I don't think there's one single thing that will fix parity, I think we need to make multiple changes to different things to get the desired result and this is just part of it. I said the same thing about archetypes as well. Update scale changes could be another piece of the puzzle.

[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]

It's time for 4th lines and a middle league between juniors and major league.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

12-04-2021, 12:58 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: It's time for 4th lines and a middle league between juniors and major league.
While I personally like the idea of having a Swedish Hockey League/Allsvenskan setup, nobody would want to be in the 2nd tier league.

12-04-2021, 12:58 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: It's time for 4th lines and a middle league between juniors and major league.

I thought the middle league like the AHL for send downs who were above the cap was a great idea. It could be akin to the AHL. I had the same idea, but I dismissed it because there might be too few players and GMS for it, and it would need another layer of management. I figured that we might be too spread out.
However, if we could pull it off, it would be great idea.

I'm sorry for straying so far off topic. I just found the idea an exciting one.

[Image: embros.png]

[Image: ddIlIkT.png]  [Image: qzGJBye.png]
Player Render by Merica

12-03-2021, 04:45 AMhockeyiscool Wrote: nawh dog, fuck that s54 class. they suck dick. Smile

I do?

[Image: Wally.png]

12-04-2021, 12:48 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
12-04-2021, 11:52 AMFuzzSHL Wrote: Also the fact that they think regression is going to help parity. Top teams, as they always have, will find ways to replace that talent. Whether it’s via free agency, trades, or tampering, it’s going to happen. Regression may help parity short term, but long term it’s not changing anything.
Increased turnover is at least 1 piece of the puzzle, no? I don't think there's one single thing that will fix parity, I think we need to make multiple changes to different things to get the desired result and this is just part of it. I said the same thing about archetypes as well. Update scale changes could be another piece of the puzzle.
You’re agreeing with me though. Regression is 1 piece of the puzzle. But acting like it is the solution isn’t going to change anything, because of a myriad of other reasons that keep the top teams being top teams.

There needs to be a bunch of major changes to being the league into a healthy state. And unfortunately I’m not optimistic.

Aleksi Kettu

12-04-2021, 01:15 PMSabresFan Wrote:

I thought the middle league like the AHL for send downs who were above the cap was a great idea. It could be akin to the AHL. I had the same idea, but I dismissed it because there might be too few players and GMS for it, and it would need another layer of management. I figured that we might be too spread out.
However, if we could pull it off, it would be great idea.

I'm sorry for straying so far off topic. I just found the idea an exciting one.
I personally wouldn’t mind a “send down” league, every SHL team has a team in it. No extra GMs. Auto lines, bot players to round out the teams. But it would add more work onto GMs who already aren’t compensated enough for the work they currently do. Another fun idea that will never happen because the league hates properly compensating jobs. Hell, helping rookies get some breathing room in terms of money is already being blamed for a lot of 2k players and lack of media.

Aleksi Kettu