Create Account

S62 mPT #5: Regression

I miss participating in play by plays, but I also don't miss the TPE boost for people willing to actually do a play by play. I never did one, but some of my best memories on the site are winning with my team while we are all posting and following in the thread.

Besides that, echoing the box scores of STHS. Since moving to FHM, I've never been able to engage with any one particular game as much as when I could read the outputs on my own time. I at one point build a script to parse the output of an STHS game so I could track who I was hitting and such like that.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

as a relatively new member of the shl, i dont have much to talk about in terms of wanting things that have been removed, if i had to answer it would be all the money in my shl bank account

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png] [Image: 9pUocRs.png] [Image: tCcIWQC.png] 
[Image: Skree.gif]

I miss when I was on Tampa Bay. Then Joe traded for me and now I'm stuck on New Orleans. Smh @trella, how could you do this to me?

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

honestly, I kinda liked PBPs. I don't think they're needed anymore but it was a fun and engaging way to deliver game results when we didn't have the visuals. depending on who did them of course.

Something that has left me personally is caring about checking the league standings. I used to check it all the time but now it is so predictable that I don’t bother.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Definitely my TPE under this new regression rule.  It does look like they have softened the blow a bit but it still sucks that other players got to enjoy a much longer time before regression really started to hurt.

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

to be honest I haven't been here long enough to notice many things that have changed, but one thing I would like back is Jax. Jax is busy with his life now and I don't get the chance to bully him as often. Please come back to me Jax, these hurtful words need a home.

[Image: 8pRoFZH.png]

I miss the days spent with the early Montreal Militia, I had no expectations so each day spent with them was a new exceeding moment that felt so great. Those were the days

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

I agree with you, slash, PbP were really fun. My player was only part of a couple of ones WJCs, but I was interested in them all, it was neat seeing different types of presentations.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

Nothing really specific, but I miss the early days where I first joined, where every was still a new wonder and there were so many things to learn, instead of how it slowly become more of a grind.

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

I wish the SHL would bring back Zachary to post epic cool raps on the boards and other users would try to rap battle him. It was a great time.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

After doing a couple of seasons with FHM as the sim, I think I'd like to go back to STHS again. Couldn't be that bad, right? It's gotta be better than what FHM has been doing to all of the teams I've played with since we switched. It's just painful...

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]

Definitely regression. I won't have a ton when I hit my peak and that means my career will be that much shorter. There's no room to make up when you've missed TPE. YOU ONLY GET ONE SHOT TO BLOW.

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn

I am new to the SHL, so I have zero clue what's gone away, what's here to stay, any of that stuff. It's fun though.
Code:
25 words even

I miss the old index, as strange as that sounds. It made getting my Maple Awards slightly easier, which was super helpful. As a whole the current system is an incredible improvement, but that one tiny little drawback is the main thing that's sticking out to me right now.

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]