Create Account

New Changes to Regression

This HO and commissioner group is so fucking great and I appreciate it every time I log on to SHL

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

[Image: 5x02gf.jpg]

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

12-07-2021, 06:58 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: This HO and commissioner group is so fucking great and I appreciate it every time I log on to SHL

Shut up bootlicker

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

To those who would use Boomer

Stop. Just stop. Stop trying to justify this slander as innocent. It is not all right to call someone names because you assume they hold certain attitudes you don’t care for.

If you are referring to someone born during the post war baby boom, than go right ahead. Otherwise, you’re being just as much of an ignorant dickhead as you claim to be fighting against.

I’ve got news for you. You don’t have all the answers. You are not right about everything. The zeitgeist is fickle and slavish devotion to it is not, in and of itself, necessarily admirable.

How is it not enough for someone to say they find it offensive and reductive? Why is it ok to be bigoted and trade in stereotypes about people you don’t know based solely on their age or any other characteristic?

If you strive to be above racism, sexism etc, than be above it. Don’t be a massive hypocrite about it.

And, for people in HO to be engaging in this and trying to justify it is just plain ridiculous and frightening.

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

Right now, I am too fried from my day to have an opinion about the solution, but I'm encouraged by the give and take that has gone on in this thread and others.
I think the SHL has really grown up in the five years that I was away.

[Image: embros.png]

[Image: ddIlIkT.png]  [Image: qzGJBye.png]
Player Render by Merica

12-07-2021, 04:04 PMCampinKiller Wrote:
12-07-2021, 03:51 PMnour Wrote: While things got a bit vitriolic at times, we do wanna thank everyone for the feedback they gave on regression prior to these changes. At the end of the day we’re just 6 guys trying to do as right by as many people as we can, and while we’re not always gonna release a perfect decision with perfect execution every time, we’re always going to at the very least listen to you guys and do what we can to make things right. Thank you for your patience over the last few days as we discussed these changes!

In addition to these changes, I’ve already said this before, but we do fully intend on tackling the FHM knowledge gap and shortening the season’s total length, which are both things that have been in discussion since the start of the season. I’ll have more information on both in this season’s State of the Union, which is coming in the near future!

Honestly re: season length, go the PBE route and quick sim more in a day. Alternatively, do their playoff route of doing one round each sim

One change I’ve discussed in some discord LRs is just moving to two playoff games per sim, or even simming the home stands at a time (so one sim for games 1-2, one sim for games 3-4, and then one sim each for 5/6/7 if necessary.

The first suggestion would obviously cut the playoff time in half, limiting the number of users and teams not engaged for weeks at a time, while the second suggestion would shave likely a day or two per round.

This would obviously result in less testing, hopefully limiting the fhm skill gap amongst teams (not holding my breath on this one though), but yeah, changing how playoffs are simmed would result in a lot shorter playoff period.

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

12-07-2021, 09:37 PMfishy Wrote:
12-07-2021, 04:04 PMCampinKiller Wrote: Honestly re: season length, go the PBE route and quick sim more in a day. Alternatively, do their playoff route of doing one round each sim

One change I’ve discussed in some discord LRs is just moving to two playoff games per sim, or even simming the home stands at a time (so one sim for games 1-2, one sim for games 3-4, and then one sim each for 5/6/7 if necessary.

The first suggestion would obviously cut the playoff time in half, limiting the number of users and teams not engaged for weeks at a time, while the second suggestion would shave likely a day or two per round.

This would obviously result in less testing, hopefully limiting the fhm skill gap amongst teams (not holding my breath on this one though), but yeah, changing how playoffs are simmed would result in a lot shorter playoff period.

The more I think about it the more I warm up to this idea. Would help with shortening seasons overall which is especially enough

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Maybe less time on this bullshit and more time making sure we don’t have to re-sim playoff games again

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

12-07-2021, 09:58 PMBuster Wrote: Maybe less time on this bullshit and more time making sure we don’t have to re-sim playoff games again
how is the resim their fault lol

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

12-07-2021, 09:58 PMBuster Wrote: Maybe less time on this bullshit and more time making sure we don’t have to re-sim playoff games again

[Image: 1fgoaz.jpg]

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

12-07-2021, 07:37 PMSlashACM Wrote:
12-07-2021, 06:58 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: This HO and commissioner group is so fucking great and I appreciate it every time I log on to SHL

Shut up bootlicker
Don't ever call me a bootlicker acab

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

12-07-2021, 04:13 PMsve7en Wrote:
12-07-2021, 03:15 PMRuggsy Wrote: I agree with however 7 ends up responding

They keep doing these while I'm at work gdi

Easy fix… stop working. Smile. Imagine the wonders of a fuller full-time SHLer!!

[Image: Wally.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2021, 01:09 AM by spooked.)

Nice try HO, but I think I am going to continue having a negative attitude about anything I don't agree with and then comment about how horrible the site has gotten despite spending so much of my own energy focusing on minor aspects of the site's negatives instead of posting food and pet pics in the SHL discord and having a good day like I am supposed to.

Seriously. And when the hell are they going to fix my fireplace?

Renegades  raiders  Finland

12-08-2021, 07:24 AMLeoben Wrote:

Seriously.  And when the hell are they going to fix my fireplace?

My back hurts and HO has done nothing about it

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]