Create Account

New Changes to Regression
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2021, 04:38 PM by fishy.)

12-07-2021, 09:38 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
12-07-2021, 09:37 PMfishy Wrote: One change I’ve discussed in some discord LRs is just moving to two playoff games per sim, or even simming the home stands at a time (so one sim for games 1-2, one sim for games 3-4, and then one sim each for 5/6/7 if necessary.

The first suggestion would obviously cut the playoff time in half, limiting the number of users and teams not engaged for weeks at a time, while the second suggestion would shave likely a day or two per round.

This would obviously result in less testing, hopefully limiting the fhm skill gap amongst teams (not holding my breath on this one though), but yeah, changing how playoffs are simmed would result in a lot shorter playoff period.

The more I think about it the more I warm up to this idea. Would help with shortening seasons overall which is especially enough

I think shortening seasons would be the main attraction; with four round of playoffs now, playoffs theoretically could take 14 days of simming, so factor in no sims on sundays, some days off for playoff and final predictions, etc., and you have a playoffs that could likely be 2-3 weeks.

Switching to two games per sim obviously cuts this in half; maybe even add in a rule that only home teams are allowed to make lineup changes (giving home ice advantage, and hopefully helping narrow the skill gap and bring the series closer together) and we could have a more eventful, but shorter playoffs.

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]