Create Account

WHY I WON'T CREATE A NEW PLAYER AFTER THIS ONE

12-16-2021, 06:25 PMhockeyiscool Wrote:
12-16-2021, 06:04 PMMooty99 Wrote: Regression to fast here? (No one tell him about regression in other sim leagues)
That's the thing, the slow regression was one of the allures of this league. You could play a character for as long as you wanted. Grow attached to who you're playing and it would feel like your time and effort was well rewarded.

It still very much is.

I can’t speak too much on other sim leagues but inst VHL just 10 seasons and you’re done? ISFL is like 15? Seasons. I don’t know about PBE at all. But there was a flaw in the regression system. It wasn’t designed for multiple people to hit 2k a season, especially not 2.2k and above. Like I think mike Izzy was the 10th player in S46 when he hit 2K tpe ever. I think I was around 20 in S62. Used to be maybe 1 in a non Reddit class and a couple in a Reddit class. Now it’s a couple every season.

And if we are being honest, with this regression change you can still have a long career. There is only 30 people in the history of the SHL to ever hit 20 or more seasons in the SHL. Only 2 or 3 that passed 25+ seasons, and then Esa who hit 29 seasons(would have been more without S46 expansion). He lived from 700-900 TPE because of regression. Now you can love between 500-700 I think. No one forces you to retire. Hell I’m 21 seasons into the league since I created. 18 in the SHL and I’m above 1200 TPE(if I continued to max earn I would be 1400). That is a problem. I shouldn’t have this much TPE when if you look at real life it would be age 39.

If you look at new regression, your 20th season if you max earned would be around 1k. You can still Haven fucking long ass players. But it’s also a long ass time. I’m coming up on 3 1/2 years on my player, most people burn out by then

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

12-17-2021, 12:18 AMWearingabear Wrote:
12-17-2021, 12:05 AMSlashACM Wrote: Ah shit my bad about this week's mPT, this is a HOCKEY LEAGUE not a HOCKEY CARD LEAGUE

I want more options next season.

I wanna write about my hockey vacation, my hockey songs, my hockey values, my hockey songs, my various favorite hockey franchises, my hockey most valued players, my hockey toothbrush. All in one post. 7 different prompts. Lfg

no options. Just lemme write 150 words

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

12-17-2021, 02:46 AMst4rface Wrote:
12-16-2021, 06:04 PMMooty99 Wrote: Regression to fast here? (No one tell him about regression in other sim leagues)
I didn’t knew there’s a race between other sim leagues. I heard some sim league in Afghanistan pay money to users if they post often. Let’s do it then too.

if you can't remember the name of the league is it worth bringing up as something we should aspire to be?

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

12-17-2021, 07:51 AMluketd Wrote: .
I can’t speak too much on other sim leagues but inst VHL just 10 seasons and you’re done? ISFL is like 15? Seasons.

Pretty sure the longest you can go in ISFL is 13 seasons and not many people do it cuz your player is basically useless lol. Going into my 9th season there with 30% regression

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

12-17-2021, 05:42 AMMemento Mori Wrote:
12-17-2021, 05:29 AMOpera_Phantom Wrote: And that makes perfect sense. But it also brings retention problems because users fill up roster spots (not many available as you would expect in a hockey team) for way longer, leaving new users/recreates in the minors for an eternity.

And, i'm not saying that is your case, i think many veterans here only care about themselves and their player record, fuck who's coming behind and can't find a spot because i need to get to a certain TPE or get some record.
Exactly, I created my player in December 2020 and didn’t make my SHL debut until October 2021, despite earning amongst the most TPE in my class. There’s no chance I’m doing an 8 month juniors grind a second time.

This is a major issue to me that no one seems to really care about. Spending 8 months in the J and 2 years to get to your prime in the SHL is asinine.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Dude, you joined this league as a troll.  You got yourself banned. No sympathy here and its incredible to think anyone cares your opinion of the SHL

[Image: hudson.png]

12-17-2021, 05:29 AMOpera_Phantom Wrote:
12-16-2021, 06:25 PMhockeyiscool Wrote: That's the thing, the slow regression was one of the allures of this league. You could play a character for as long as you wanted. Grow attached to who you're playing and it would feel like your time and effort was well rewarded.

And that makes perfect sense. But it also brings retention problems because users fill up roster spots (not many available as you would expect in a hockey team) for way longer, leaving new users/recreates in the minors for an eternity.

And, i'm not saying that is your case, i think many veterans here only care about themselves and their player record, fuck who's coming behind and can't find a spot because i need to get to a certain TPE or get some record.

Not all of us veterans, I could have hung on to try and get the all time win record, had plenty of tpe to do it. We had a young stud goalie coming up and every season I asked Izzy if he was ready to come up and then I would retire. I'm fine with 2nd for the moment, will get passed with the quickness soon but happy enough with my career. Wasn't going to hold him back to get a record that would soon be passed anyway. Actually tried to retire earlier but did the team thing and waited until the young dragon was ready.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

At least it isnt a pay to win league simmed on NHL19 that uses the name of other already established sim leagues

[Image: icegif-4588.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2021, 01:21 PM by brickwall35.)

12-17-2021, 11:12 AMLordBirdman Wrote:
12-17-2021, 05:42 AMMemento Mori Wrote: Exactly, I created my player in December 2020 and didn’t make my SHL debut until October 2021, despite earning amongst the most TPE in my class. There’s no chance I’m doing an 8 month juniors grind a second time.

This is a major issue to me that no one seems to really care about.  Spending 8 months in the J and 2 years to get to your prime in the SHL is asinine.
You cannot simultaneously have a league in which you quickly get to the top AND have a league that has good turnover and careers that aren't super long. Either you have a quick career where you're good immediately, or you have a long career that is slowly built up. The two are mutually exclusive.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

12-17-2021, 01:21 PMbrickwall35 Wrote:
12-17-2021, 11:12 AMLordBirdman Wrote: This is a major issue to me that no one seems to really care about.  Spending 8 months in the J and 2 years to get to your prime in the SHL is asinine.
You cannot simultaneously have a league in which you quickly get to the top AND have a league that has good turnover and careers that aren't super long. Either you have a quick career where you're good immediately, or you have a long career that is slowly built up. The two are mutually exclusive.

That's just not true. At all.

In other leagues, you can very much have a couple of seasons in the minors and 6/7/8 seasons in the majors, which is a "long career" and there's a great turnover because of it.

12-17-2021, 01:49 PMOpera_Phantom Wrote:
12-17-2021, 01:21 PMbrickwall35 Wrote: You cannot simultaneously have a league in which you quickly get to the top AND have a league that has good turnover and careers that aren't super long. Either you have a quick career where you're good immediately, or you have a long career that is slowly built up. The two are mutually exclusive.

That's just not true. At all.

In other leagues, you can very much have a couple of seasons in the minors and 6/7/8 seasons in the majors, which is a "long career" and there's a great turnover because of it.
That's only if you consider 6/7/8 seasons up top long, which I've seen people complain isn't long enough. 

Maybe I didn't make my point clear. There are always going to be people who want longer careers, and there is always going to be a need for turnover. I'm saying you just can't reconcile it. It's a balancing act, and I think the SHL is moving in the right direction.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

Ok, i understand your point.

But if each season is around 2 months, 6/7/8 seasons is over 1 irl year, plenty of time to enjoy your player. And here you even get more time, even after regression changed.

I can't say that I am well versed in all of this but I definitely would not like to have a limited career to 6 years. That sounds terrible.

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

12-17-2021, 07:51 AMluketd Wrote:
12-16-2021, 06:25 PMhockeyiscool Wrote: That's the thing, the slow regression was one of the allures of this league. You could play a character for as long as you wanted. Grow attached to who you're playing and it would feel like your time and effort was well rewarded.

It still very much is.

I can’t speak too much on other sim leagues but inst VHL just 10 seasons and you’re done? ISFL is like 15? Seasons. I don’t know about PBE at all. But there was a flaw in the regression system. It wasn’t designed for multiple people to hit 2k a season, especially not 2.2k and above. Like I think mike Izzy was the 10th player in S46 when he hit 2K tpe ever. I think I was around 20 in S62. Used to be maybe 1 in a non Reddit class and a couple in a Reddit class. Now it’s a couple every season.

And if we are being honest, with this regression change you can still have a long career. There is only 30 people in the history of the SHL to ever hit 20 or more seasons in the SHL. Only 2 or 3 that passed 25+ seasons, and then Esa who hit 29 seasons(would have been more without S46 expansion). He lived from 700-900 TPE because of regression. Now you can love between 500-700 I think. No one forces you to retire. Hell I’m 21 seasons into the league since I created. 18 in the SHL and I’m above 1200 TPE(if I continued to max earn I would be 1400). That is a problem. I shouldn’t have this much TPE when if you look at real life it would be age 39.

If you look at new regression, your 20th season if you max earned would be around 1k. You can still Haven fucking long ass players. But it’s also a long ass time. I’m coming up on 3 1/2 years on my player, most people burn out by then

I am quoting this so I can use this in the future. This really illustrates the issues newer users wouldn't know. It's why historian and old farts are needed in this league.

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

12-17-2021, 01:21 PMbrickwall35 Wrote:
12-17-2021, 11:12 AMLordBirdman Wrote: This is a major issue to me that no one seems to really care about.  Spending 8 months in the J and 2 years to get to your prime in the SHL is asinine.

I'm not sure what you're point is. I am advocating for shorter IRL times for getting through minors and to get to relevance in the SHL. I don't want super long careers, isn't that pretty obvious?

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride