Create Account

S62 Championship Week

ISFL UW 4 x Tasks - 12 TPE 

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Schism
Victor Helstrom

12. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

S62 Milestones +2 TPE

[Image: A3AlstA.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021, 05:31 AM by Salming.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: Borje

4. Written, 3 TPE, Rules (150 words min.)
There have been a lot of rule changes in the SHL. Where do you think these changes have gone right, where do you think they have gone wrong? Would you ever want to go back to a previous way of doing things? Do you think the SHL is fine as is?

At the moment I see the situation in the SHL very fine. Parity is not an issue because I enjoy grinding from bottom towards success and that's why there shouldn't be too many rule changes because stability is also an important value to have in this so wide environment of virtual hockey. However, I liked the change that TOP16 teams go to playoffs nowadays and four teams are only out because it means more organisations get to play important and meaningful games also after regular season and those games develop most mediocre organisations and on that way gap to better teams will be closer in the future when also organisations number 8-16 in the standinds get to play playoff games and learn some mechanics about success in the playoffs and how to win tight hockey games. I can't remember any too bad rule changes and maybe that's why I also see the situation in the SHL very fine like I wrote in the first sentence. Keep up the good job guys.

Words: 171

6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. What is worth more to you, a cup win in the FHM era or the STHS era?
b. Be honest, would we have seen the same final 4 as last year (Chicago, Texas, Hamilton, Buffalo) had BUF/HAM and TEX/CHI not run into each other in the second round?
c. Hamilton has a population of roughly 5 people. Where would you relocate the franchise?
d. Who is the best player to NOT make the final in the past 2 years?

a) Of course the cup win in the FHM era because I haven't been part of the site during old game engine or motor so I don't even know what is STHS. Like in real life, I appreciate more achievements during modern era of ice-hockey. Same applies to SHL. I appreciate more achievements during FHM era because competition is so much tighter nowadays for sure?

Words: 64

b) You can never know the answer to this question. So my answer is shortly no, we wouldn't have seen same final four because it wasn't possible so it is crazy to speculate with that. There were four best hockey organisations currently in the world in the final four. At the moment Los Angeles for example is/was better than Chicago and Buffalo. There is no doubt about that. 

Words: 68

c) I wouldn't relocate it anywhere. Steelhawks belongs to Hamilton. Small towns has usually more passionate fan groups because very often there is only one big sport franchise in the town. In this case Steelhawks are proudest thing in the city of Hamilton and people are very proud of it so it should stay in the Hamilton to give people of that town happiness and meaning in the life.

Words: 68

d) Interesting question. I would say defender Keith Lee from Los Angeles. He is in his prime at the moment and puts up high number of total points year after year. It is shame his best years will be gone in the Panthers because that team will never win the cup. Lee has also been a monster for Team Ireland on international hockey and is their brightest diamont. So, my answer is Keith Lee.

Words: 73

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

1 TPE: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3150711

13. Written, 3 TPE, Parody (150 words min.)
hahahahahaha remember this task from last season? The one where everyone was like "nah we're good, tampa and BAP will be in the finals soon and you'll see that the old guard will make way for the new young teams". Now that we have the exact same fucking teams in the final again, let me ask, is parity an issue in the SHL? How do we combat this?

I don't see a problem. In fact, I enjoy the current situation even though I play in Seattle. Why? Because if you somehow manage to beat one of the four powerhouses Buffalo, Chicago, Hamilton or Texas, a win would feel amazing and really rewarding. Beating those teams wouldn't feel so good if there would be some kind of adjustments which would make a competition more balanced. I think time will fix the "problem" and there will be more good teams. There are right now just many organisations who are just re-building towards success and I am sure in the future those four teams won't be as successful as they are now. I believe that Seattle, Tampa Bay, Edmonton, Minnesota, Atlanta and Montreal for example will be stronger soon and challenge those model organisations. At the moment we just need to be patient and let the time to do its work. Like I said, I believe kindly that competition will be tougher in the near future and more people will enjoy championships finals.

Words 172

15. Written, 2 TPE, The yearly IIHF task (100 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC if you care about that more. Will there be surprises? Will any players make their country proud? Who's gonna suck? Be bold!

Like always, I expect big nations to succeed. Canada, Sweden, Finland, Russia and USA are powerhouses which should dominate IIHF event year after year because hockey culture is there something else than in for example in Japan, Great Britain, Ireland, Austria, Norway or Latvia. Czechs are a dark horse for me because my ex-teammate from Argonauts mr. Michael Scarn can carry them to everything. I also expect that Germany's hockey will continue its rising season after season even though their start in this year's tournament hasn't been so good than I thought. However, they were already good last time and are lead by Kanoff in the attack. From Nordic countries I expect that Finland will be even stronger this year. They were on bronze last time. When it comes to Russia, I expect the same. They are way too big hockey nation to underperform again which means everything lower than achieving a spot in the finals.

Words 156

+16 TPE, thank you

[Image: salming.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021, 09:35 AM by OrbitingDeath.)

12 tpe - Affiliate claim: 4 ISFL tasks - 12 tpe

3 tpe - Task 8: [Image: Mo9HEDM.png]

2 tpe - Task 21:

After being selected as the new head of PT by @Raven , it is my duty to appoint a new head. And no one else would be better as Raven. The nation is in lockdown so his university is closed, while he has no restrictions due to living in a different country than his uni. So he has enough time to take this job off my hands again. And truth be told, if I gave him the choice between baby sitting my kids or doing the PT head job, i am quite sure i am actually doing him a favor with this. Have fun with your new job bud!

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2021, 10:11 AM by krazko.)

Code:

Victor Helstrom
Hobbes

+3 TPE

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Draft Busts (150 words min.)
There are a lot of "could-have-been" draft picks in the SHL, but let's have some fun thinking about someone that busted hard. Write about their potential and where they were picked, and how that franchise could look *if* they had in fact panned out.

Well New England Wolfpack has one that busted hard. The team traded up to have picks 4 and 5 in the Season 56 SHL entry draft. I am of course speaking about user funk and the Defenseman Grandmaster Funk. Having left the site without only a few seasons after being drafted, he never grew out to be the player he was projected to be. At the time of the draft he was among the top TPE players of his draft class and was by many seen as a steal going at 5th.
Had Grandmaster Funk panned out like the expetation was when he was drafted, New England would have been in a much better spot at the moment, as the teams defensive side would have been equally strong to the currently strong forward side. Grandmaster Funk and Calvin Hobbes would have been in their prime together and formed the core of the planned powerhouse New England was planned to be. Now, instead, management had to trade and deal to obtain a high end defenseman.

+3 TPE

Code:
There have been a lot of rule changes in the SHL. Where do you think these changes have gone right, where do you think they have gone wrong? Would you ever want to go back to a previous way of doing things? Do you think the SHL is fine as is?

the rules changing in the game is a constant that must be kept, otherwise it will go stale and people will get bored. To start with the change in update scale, while not neccecarily bad, I believe that one could have come together with the ability for high TPE players (2k and above) to have 1 or 2 stats above 20 to mark them as a superstar player. This would enable players more agency to focus their player skills and how it would be best used.
Follow on that the regression changes, I touched on it before, but I don't think this was the best way to implement it.. It feels like it's kicking the legs out from under all the players that have worked 1.5 years or more on the current player, only to be "robbed" of prime years when the player can shine. A better way would be to change the way money and TPE is distributed, it is my belief that's where the issues start.

+3 TPE

Code:
6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
b. Be honest, would we have seen the same final 4 as last year (Chicago, Texas, Hamilton, Buffalo) had BUF/HAM and TEX/CHI not run into each other in the second round?
c. Hamilton has a population of roughly 5 people. Where would you relocate the franchise?

a. Given that I was not playing during hte STHS era, I must say the STHS would have been more fun to have achieved as it is unlikely someone will be able to claim another cup win in that engine. Making the relative amount of players with a cup from that engine smaller and smaller for each season that passes
b. I am not fully convinced it would have been the same final as I think Baltimore Platoon would have had a better chance against Buffalo Stampede than they did against Hamilton Steelhawks. On the other side of the bracket, Los Angeles Panthers looked strong and lost in 6 games (2 of which went ot Overtime) so they were not far off from breaking into the final, but the 4 teams were definitely favourites.
c. Given that it is a sim league I would not be opposed to relocating one or a few franchises to Europe, if nothing else to give the (what it feels like) growing european playerbase something more local to attach to and feel like it is our home team. If it should remain stateside, my vote would be on New York.
d. This is a tough one. Looking only at TPE it is New Englands own Sven Yxskaft, but performance wise players like Ryuuji Minamino, Steve Harrington or Karl Krashwagen comes to mind as high performing players that have not seen a final in the past 2 seasons. It is a very tough question to answer as players have such ebbs and flows between seasons.

+4 TPE

Code:

Milestones

+3 TPE

Total: 3 + 3 + 3 + 4 + 3 = 16 TPE

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021, 12:00 PM by 3lewsers.)

2 ISFL Affiliate Tasks +6
2 PBE Affiliate Tasks +6

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the
person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones +3

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below.
Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

beetlejuice
Victor Helstrom

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2021, 06:32 AM by lilstifler.)

Code:

Verification word: lilstifler

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

S62 Milestones +3

Code:
15. Written, 2 TPE, The yearly IIHF task (100 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC if you care about that more. Will there be surprises? Will any players make their country proud? Who's gonna suck? Be bold!

The regular season has been closed. Time again for my predictions for the IIHF championship. Would say this season that there are a couple of teams that surprise me, given that part of the tournament has already passed. Ireland, Canada, Sweden, Finland and the United States teams have now stabilised as favourites. At the bottom of the table are teams such as Latvia, Norway, the Czech Republic, Russia and Austria. The big surprises are indeed about the Irish team, which has not been so convincing before but is showing a meaningful performance this year. When you talk about exactly the performance of your team, it's improving. There are no more big big losses, the games remain more pungent. This is just the beginning and cannot forget that Latvia was one of the best teams ever.

/135 words/

Code:

Changes in rules always lead to different discussions, but times are changing and new trends need to be followed. The bad thing would be to the contrary if the rules were not changed in time, then everything would be put on the bad side. If I have to describe my thoughts directly about all the rules and how to change them, then I am neutral. I like the changes and everything is handed out to the people around me in time. The biggest change was already the transition from STH to FHM platform. It pleased me very much. Now the loudest event is a reversal of the rules of regression. Although I am one of those who will be most affected by this change, I am also positive. Teams will become more competitive and there will be more tension about compositioning. There are many who take this negatively because there will be no great chance of reaching THE 2000TPE mark, but I think that someone will do it if they perform all their tasks well enough. I wouldn't change anything to the old, everything new is good. And I think all this will not deter me from creating a new player.

/201 word/

Code:
14. Written, 3 TPE, Blow it up (150 words min.)
In your opinion, which team is on track to completely sell off all assets and begin a long rebuild? A few teams are already in the midst of this, but what teams are watching their window slowly close and need to get younger soon in order to start the climb back to the top?

This is a good question. If we look at all the teams in general right now, there are those who are more or less composed of old-type players who go to an end. And it's only normal because with such a resource they've been very high. We look, for example, at Hamilton's team. More than half of the team consists of players who are at the regression stage. That means a heavy rebuilding is waiting for the team, because these players are unlikely to last long careers anymore. But Hamilton isn't the only team to be hit by change. This is also the Buffalo team, which also consists mostly of old-caliber players, who will soon conclude their careers. So in general, I can conclude that those teams that have been at the top of the top for a long time will now be affected by change. This is inevitable because if you want to achieve high results then you need to take risks and that risks means then finding yourself at the bottom somewhere for a couple of seasons to rebuild your entire composition again.

/185 words/

Code:

a.) I'd say the most important victory seems to me in the FHM era. Everything is possible here and there are no overly expressed leaders. There are teams that are powerful but not invincible when they find the right smarts. The STHS was rather inclined toward the leaders, as I remember it at all. So I prefer everything as it is now.

/61 word/

c.) If I were given the opportunity to move any team to another location, it would certainly be Latvia. There are no teams from Europe within the league, which is why you would like the team in Riga. That would be something interesting. Of course, transforming an existing team is harder, because many would disagree with it. So you'll have to wait for an expansion of the league to accomplish it.

/70 words/

16/16 TPE

ph

[Image: manh_sig6.png?width=499&height=542][Image: lebedev-sig.gif]

pt

pass

WSBL CW 3 Tasks +12 TPE
Milestones +3 TPE
Trivia: BAP +3 TPE
16 TPE total

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2021, 11:57 PM by Tayjay.)

WSBL affiliate 3 tasks = 9 TPE
PBE affiliate 1 task = 3 TPE

S62 milestones + 2 TPE

Task 1 Trivia +3 TPE

verification word = parity

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2021, 11:25 AM by Drokeep.)

1-TRIVIA: gundam (3tpe)

6-Written. (2tpe)
B) 100% we would have the same final 4. These 4 teams are definitely one step above the rest and I am convinced they would have made it again. The only way this would’ve been avoided would be if BAP got a miraculous win and prayed to the FHM Gods. But other than that, the only way to stop that final four is to have them play earlier.
C) Hamilton should 100% relocate to Minnesota and rebrand as the steel moose. That would be a great addition to an already important hockey state and we can push out the Monarchs and they can move to some other small town in Canada… but honestly who cares lol. The only downside is that maybe Hamilton will get the luck of Minnesota sports teams.

12- Milestones LINK (3TPE)

13-Written. Parody (3tpe)
The best way to combat the issue of parity is to do a reduction draft. Yes your heard me right, we are going to axe two teams and redistribute their players among the other teams. In this scenario it is obvious Hamilton and Texas get canned and we do a snake draft, in the finishing order of last season. This would help alleviate the stupid amount of domination of these two teams.
But what are we going to do if it happens again? WE REDUCE AGAIN. If a team makes it 3 years to the finals they get canned the following season. This continues until we have only 8 to 10 teams with too many stacked players, causing issues with playing time. The solution to this is to… EXPAND AGAIN. We add 4-6 teams in one shot and dilute the league back to normal. With this endless cycle we can assure more parity in the league (Basically how the J works lol).

14-Written. Blow it up (3tpe)
The team that is going to blow everything up (In fact I believe they have already started) is the New England Wolfpack. With new GM Luke coming in and a lot of the top players aging out, this team is primed to start a solid rebuild at the head of their new manager. We already know the Captain is leaving, so it definitely seems like it will be a strong busy rebuild starting this season. The timeline of it will depend on how well he starts his tenure.

That being said I feel that Luke is the correct person to guide a team like New England to glory. If there is someone that can pull off such a move, it’s him. HE will definitely need to hit certain moves and minimize errors, but it is doable. We will for sure miss him here in the Philadelphia locker room, but I am excited to see what he can do with his new franchise.

15-Written, IIHF (2tpe)
While Germany has had a rough start to the tournament, as the new Germany Federation head, I believe we can surprise some people and turned this around. With a couple of new key transfers and once me and my co are settled in, I truly believe we can make a great run for the gold. While a lot of our roster is aging, we have a couple of solid prospects coming up from the wjc soon and hopefully we can create a winning squad. This tournament has been marred in controversy, but after we right the ship again, Germany will be surprising some other nations.

TOTAL: 16TPE

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2021, 01:55 AM by Snuffalupagus.)

1. TRIVIA +3 TPE
WAGE

2. GM stands for Great Man +3 TPE
Code:
This may sound bias and it absolutely is but I think that the Balitmore Platoon Grand masters, the general managers, have done the most outstanding job in creating a successful franchise based on the merits of seasonal finishes (and I ain't talkin' 'bout coats of paint fer yer picket phence), personal performances, and locker room activity.

The Baltimore Platoon have been climbing the ranks of SHL standings over the past 5 seasons, since the rebuild, since the dark times (maybe, I don't know, I wasn't actually there). The GMs have drafted and crafted a competitive team and now have the highest TPE total team in the SHL... I think - don't quote me on that EVEN THOUGH this is all online forever. I think they have the highest TPE in a team.

A few seasons ago, Karl Krashwagen was the goals scored leader. Ethan Ducnan is frequently on attached to every Batlimore Platoon point. These guys got talent.

AND ACTIVITY. Sucks (or rocks) to update them I bet.

3. Draft Busts +3 TPE
Code:
Let's say you're a young person and need nutrition, but you're in the middle of a forest, surrounded by draft trees. So you climb the draft tree and find draft nut. You take a bite and then before you know it the draft nut has busted in your mouth. That is what Rob Wright is, a draft tree busted nut.

The Baltimore Platoon selected him in the S57 draft (I'm pretty sure) and at first the TPE flowed through him like wine through a skeleton-pirate who made a deal with haunted treasure. Then flash forward to NOW and he's flat broke and TPE-less. That's not technically true, but he's lost a lot of TPE along the way.

But it's not the end. A career sprout can be salvaged from this busted draft nut. Even with the new regression rules, a TPE max of 1700 should be attainable. And then you know... that's serviceable. It's GOTTA BE NOW.

4. Rules +3
Code:
I think the SHL is fine as is. Just kidding. I actually think the TPE/regression changes should help in the long run. Careers (hopefully) won't last as long and then all the juggernaut teams will have some change over. Now how the heck am I gonna stretch this to 150 words? I know, I'll just talk about rules in general.

Rules help keep... things. Structured. Rules set a bar. Rules create the illusion of fairness. Obviously the system is broken because talent is something that can't be restricted because it can't be measured. I think the SHL is doing a good job of trying to improve things in the league. I think it's impossible and the general public's tension is at an alltime high because of the pandemic. But I'm really just trying to stretch this for as long as I can for the word count. It's all for the TPE I swear it.

GO RULES!

6.a +1
Code:
A cup in the FHM era is worth more to me than all the gold in king midas's chrysler gold shoppe. I think it's a harder sim to work around and there are a lot of nuances to it. I think it all ows for more freedom in terms of builds and archetypes. I think it's nice. Nice words me.
d.+ 1
Code:
The best player to not make the final in the final two years (and I mean final - there's no more after this) is Rob WRight. He's a real grinder son of a gun and he can tussle with the best of them, wrassle with the rest of 'em. If you wanna see talent, look in the mirror though.
12. Milestones +2
LINK

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021, 02:08 PM by damienj10.)

Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3150803

1. Flex

12. Milestones

4 PBE CW Tasks

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

pt pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)