Create Account

S63 PT #1: Tie the Knot

PBE affiliate

[Image: lZacrUG.png]

Prompt 2

I think the most stressful point in hockey is not a one goal lead, one goal deficit, or even a tie game. It's the fearful 2 goal lead, the one that makes you drop your guard and invite your opponent in to suddenly get momentum back and make your lead vanish. I was watching the Penguins play today, and through like 45 minute of the game, they were basically down 2-0 despite having more shots and generally more chances. But all of a sudden, they got one, and then the tying goal 2 seconds later. It went to overtime and the Penguins won 3-2 in a shootout. Though I'd say a tie game in overtime is the absolute most stressful because one bad play in your own end could be the difference between a win and a loss.

I can't really remember any situation like that in the SHL since I haven't watched streams in a decent amount of time, but I know that we have had general anxiety for Newfoundland's playoff runs, when we were promised a tattoo if we swept our way to the cup. Unfortunately it didn't happen, we were a couple losses away from that happening. Very stressful.

In my mind Watching a game where you lead by one goal is probably the more intense one, especially if its the playoffs or a big game you know, the one thing you dont want to see is your player be the reason the game gets tied because of a bad giveaway, or a missed shot leading to a breakaway going the other way. Its especially heartbreaking if you have a lead like that for a long period of time, then suddenly its tied and boom, 2 minutes later the opponents get another one and game over, just like that. But watching games where you desperately need that tying goal is also a lot of fun and can be nerve wrecking at times. I think the most tense for me was back maybe 20 or so seasons ago, when i was on the Platoon and we were in the finals, just watching a cup winning game, it felt amazing, especially cause we ended up winning the game and the cup!

[Image: lebbish.gif]

WSBL PT

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

If I had to choose which of the 3 game situations are the most intense, I think I would have to choose tie game but with a caveat. I think the most tense situation is a tie game in the dying minutes of the game. Obviously overtime is also very tense because next goal wins but the dying minutes gives you so much time to potentially end the game or have the game ended on you. You can score a goal and have only a couple minutes to defend to take the W. If you give up a goal, you're playing catch up with time running out. With the other two options, you know what the end goal is. With a tie game, the game is always evolving and changing. So with that, I think by far a tie game in the dying minutes is the most tense and causes the most anxiety of any game situation.

Code:
157 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

PROMPT 2

I think each situation is more intense for a different role.

As a player, being up by one is the more intense situation. You have to flex your hockey IQ to understand what your opponent will throw at you and try to muck it up. It's a mentally exhausting gauntlet to preserve that one goal lead, especially once it becomes 6 on 5 situation. If you give up that goal, your opponent has all the momentum to then break the tie in either regulation or overtime.

As a coach, the tie game is the more intense situation. It's a stalemate game of chess and you have to find the crack which will break open the game. Assume neither team has momentum and it's up to you to put your players in the best possible situation.

As a GM, being down by one is the more intense situation. You are removed from the game, only experiencing the scoreboard. You are analyzing where everything went wrong and biting your nails that the players can bring it back. You have no agency to influence the game at this point.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

ISFL Affiliate PT Username: PMoney

wewewewew PBE PT

G A Y H E G H O G

[Image: gayheghog.gif]

peepee poopoo

[Image: Cody-Rhodes-American-pro-wrestler-2022.jpg]

Prompt 2

I think depending on the situation it might be different but I would say being up by one might be more intense. Being up by one at any moment the momentum can shift and you can get scored on and now the other team has the momentum which might be enough for them to get the win. Being up by one you must always be on edge and might make some careless mistakes. Tied I would say is less intense but still intense overall. Both teams are battling it out for a goal. Being down by one might be more intense then being tied but not as much as being up by one. I feel like there is just a lot of adrenalin pumping into you while being down by one to the point where you are not even paying much attention to the score. This is why I thinking being up by one is more intense than the other three

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

As a player, being down by one, in a tie game, or up by one can be all nerve wracking moments. But in my opinion, it really depends on the time of the season how nerve wracking each scenario can be. For me, being down by one is most intense when it’s a playoff game. When you’re down by one in the regular season, usually you play a little more loose, nothing to lose attitude to try to tie the game late in the game. If you let up a goal trying to score, yea it sucks, but you go on to the next game. In the playoffs, every game counts, and if you’re trying to score, it is so nerve wracking being down in a playoff game because you don’t want to let up a goal but you need to tie the game. Being up by one is always intense late in the game. In the regular season, if you let up a late goal, you feel like you lose all the momentum and then you could possibly lose out on 2 points. In the playoffs it’s even worse, if the opponent ties the game, they go into overtime with so much momentum and you feel all down about yourself. When the game is tied, I feel like it’s only intense in the playoffs. You have to be used to tie games by now in the regular season, you start every game tied. Most times you play the game is tied. But in playoffs, obviously everything is much worse.

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal

It's tough, but I think a tie game has to be the most tense. If you look at each scenario, they all have a lot of tension, but I think they are different kinds of tension, and that's what makes a tie game the most tense of the tense games. When you're chasing a game down by 1, it's tense, but it's a good tense because you're on the attack, you're pressuring them and probably have the goalie out. The come back is all in your hands. If you're up by 1, it's tense, but the game isn't lost even if you give 1 up. If it's a tie game though, coming down to it, both teams want to attack but also defend. But if you give up that one goal it might just be the end of it. But also, you could score and all but secure the win. Most tense is probably some of the playoff games from Kelowna last season, but I couldn't pick one game or time.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

P2: Well obviously none of the the scenarios is perfect and as coach/GM they are often even more stressful as Im supposed to be able to effect the results. With one down you are waiting for that one to make it even while watching the clock tick down as tie games can always lead to the overtime. Being one up is pretty nice but depending on opponent anything isn't set on stone until buzzer and sometimes even 2 goal lead at 31 seconds before the end of third isn't enough. So while I would much prefer to be up by one I'd say that specially during playoffs tie games can get most tense, as when it comes down to it on overtime there is no time to make it back or you don't get used to idea of potential loss as minutes go down unlike when you are down by one, bit similar to being up by one.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Quote:PROMPT 2- Screw tying the knot, how about tying the game?

I know there are a lot of different types of ways you can have a very tense situation in a game.

Being down by one goal puts a fire under you. You want to step up the offense and put the puck on net more, but you can't give up your defensive assignments.

On the other hand, you cannot deny that being up a goal is not a tense situation either. You want to continue to pour on the offense but also hold onto your lead, so focusing on either offense or defense over the other is tough.

Then you also need to consider that in a tie game, time remaining is everything. If it's the first or second period, it's just sticking to your gameplan. However, late third period or overtime is an absolutely different animal, every little mistake can be a killer. It's all about keeping your head up, your eyes open, and your stick on the ice.

Should I be the one specifically tasked with planning the royal wedding of two Simulation Hockey League Players then I suppose it would have to be the two most royal players I can think of which would be Michael Fitted and Tom Fiddler because they are both Kings. As such we would invite just about everyone we can think of because the more the merrier and all of that wholesome jazz. I do believe that the wedding would in fact go very well but would inevitably be crashed by the man the myth the legend Terry Bradshaw himself resulting in one of the most legendary weddings and parties ever seen before in the League. This would be a great thing for all involved because everyone would be happy and that is something to strive for. Internal happiness is paramount especially when it comes to the happiness of others and how that can all come from a wedding

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa