Create Account

S63 PT #1: Tie the Knot

Pt pass

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

Quote:Written Task: What is more tense to be involved in as a player/coach/GM/spectator, a tie game, a game where you are leading by 1, or a game where you are down by 1? Describe all three and decide: what is the most tense you have been watching a close game on stream? (If you haven't watched a stream make something up). Pad your word count until you get to 150+ words.

I think the least tense (but still tense) to be a part of is being down a goal. While yes it would be great to come back and tie the game, there's no real expectation that that's what's going to happen. The only real exception is when you're down to a team you really should be beating.

The second most tense situation is being up a goal. The reason why I think of this as being less tense than being tied is that while it's devastating to get scored on, you're at least going to keep playing if it happens. When the game is tied and you're scored on, that's it... you're trailing and on the verge of losing depending on how late in the game it happened.

The most tense I have ever been was in the playoffs a few seasons back where we (Toronto) were in game 7 of the conference finals against Buffalo, and we were in overtime. We had some chances before the Stampede scored, and I'm left wondering what if we scored and went on to face Hamilton that season?

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2022, 05:49 PM by roastpuff.)

Magnus wasn't part of the wedding planning committee for what was going to most certainly be the wedding of the year in the SHL, but he could definitely plan something for after the ceremony where Gunnar Soderberg @sköldpaddor and Jean-Uthred Ragnarsson-Tremblay @lespoils were going to tie the knot together. Through the group text network that many players had amongst their teams, he managed to organize a surprise for after the ceremony. As the couple walked out of the venue, they were greeted with two ranks of hockey players who held their hockey sticks up like an saber arch (Saber Arch) for them to cross under. In order to symbolize the union that came from two different nations, the side closest to Soderberg was wearing their Swedish team jerseys, while the side closest to Ragnarsson-Tremblay wore their Finnish team jerseys.

As the couple came to the end of the saber/hockey stick arch, the last set of sticks lowered and they were not let past until they kissed, much to the cheers of the guests attending outside. After they were let through, the rest of the players banged their sticks on the floor as approval, and the wedding adjourned to the reception venue.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2022, 05:53 PM by Aleris.)

Prompt #2 Alright so when I was a wee lad, literally, like a Pee Wee. I was in a house league (I wasn't good enough for the travel team in Pittsfield MA) anyway. It was only three teams and one of the other teams had two 16 years (yes too old for Pee Wee and they were supposed to be split but weren't) Long story short. The 3 times played each other a million times all season and then played each other once in the playoffs. We won like 2 games all season, out of like 20. So we go into the playoffs BY FAR the worst team and in our game against the team with the two 16 year olds WE KEPT TYING. Before OT it was like 6-6 or something but it was like 3-3 then 4-3 then 4-4, etc. it was wild. We were never supposed to be this close. Well be beat them in OT (woot!) but lost to the other team so all teams ended with a 1-1 record. I guess they defaulted to regular season record or something. We didn't get in the championship. Still, 20 years later smh.

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

PT Pass

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

Who better to tie the knot than Jack Klompus and the Sims Gods themselves. The man of myth has toiled arduously for many generations, building his strengths, his acumen for the glorious game of hockey, slowly approaching an impressive pinnacle that rivals the gods themselves. And yet, for seasons they have refused to grant him the rewards he was due, he had earned through blood and steel. So, the only thing left to do was to give himself up in a way he was truly loathe to do, but knew was necessary for the future of the San Francisco Pride. He gave up his matrimonial self to finally have this season be a season worthy of his work, a season where he will deserve to be the league's Most Valuable Player. O' Captain my captain, I have no doubt you are truly due for your just desserts. In Toast's name we pray, Amen.

@Toast

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

I think that the most tense game in my opinion in order. First has to be a tie game for us because it could honestly go either way for either team and it is very stressful the idea if being tied and someone scores on you with minutes left. Second I think honestly being ahead one because you don't know if you can keep it or not and it's very embarrassing when that happens. Third is of course being down one because you have something to play for and hopefully get that tying and or winning goal depending on how the game is going at that point anything will change a game and it is helpful to be behind and come from behind and beat them it is very satisfying to do that. And honestly all three could be very tense to follow but all three are awesome scerinos that I want to see happen at some point during my career.

163 words

Having only had a player in the league for two seasons, and both playing for a rebuilding team, there is definitely stress and anxiety in all three scenarios. When up 1, you can end up thinking negatively and thinking your team will let in that tying goal. When down one, you have to throw numbers forward and really hurry to put more shots on goal. Unfortunately, even worse is a game being tied going to the final two minutes. You've played well up until that point and the potential of going home with zero points really hurts. You can also come up with some late heroics and pull out two points, or finish in a tie and play some OT. With so many outcomes and so much uncertainty, a tie game is the most stressful and anxiety provoking to me. I'm hopeful that, if things go according to plan in Detroit, we will not have to play so many close games in a few seasons and can win comfortably once in a while!

(175 words)

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

The timing of this prompt is wonderful, as Vaseline Podcalzone, Seattle Argonauts Russian winger entering his fourth season of play in the simulation hockey league, and Beeg Yoshi, co-general manager of the Newfoundland Berserkers of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League, were both present for the marriage of Podcalzone's teammate on Seattle, JURT, and retired SHL player Gunnur Soderberg (oh lord I probably butchered the spelling of that name forgive me).

It was a very grand wedding with plenty of guests in attendance. The legendary Angus McFife XVI was there, proclaiming about his glorious plans of winning the cup. Fellow Newfoundland general manager Ham was also there, as was former Newfoundland GM JNH (i have no idea what J's GM character is named so we'll just say it's JNH). The venue was a wonderful little golf course right on the border between Sweden and Finland. Overall, it was a very swell time and a really fun wedding leading up to the start of Season 63 of the Simulation Hockey League.

WC: 175

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

PBE - Laser

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

Prompt 1:

Man I really wish I could have seen the union between @Keven and @James Truong but unfortunately it was over 40 years ago now and I wasn't born yet. Still though, if in another 10 years they decide to renew their vows or something then that'd definitely be a big event around the SHL, everyone from Quebec City and Kelowna and San Francisco and Montreal could come out. I'm sure there would be some league of legends which might automatically make the whole event awful, but with some good people and definitely some good drinks I believe we could all get through it. Other than that there are lots of games we could play to have a grand old time. We could play Yahtzee where Keven would cheat, or Uno where Keven would cheat, or Codenames where Keven and James would DM each other the answers and both cheat, or Jackbox where Keven would cheat. The best part of this renewing of vows would be that both grooms would be each other's best mans.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

I agree with everyone (and by everyone I mean the one person whose PT I kinda? saw while scrolling down to hit "post reply") who said being up by one is the most stressful/intense situation in a hockey game. When you're down by one, there's no reason to be stressed. The game is more the opponent's to lose than yours to win, if that makes sense. A tied game can get pretty intense too, especially if you led all game BY ONE and got scored on in the last few minutes. In this case it's more like leftover stress from leading by one at any point during the game mixed with the crappy feeling that you could have finished the game in regular time and let it go.

I guess another thing that factors in is also if it's just a regular season game or a playoff match you need to win. In that case, even being down by 2 can be really nerve wracking.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Prompt 2:

I think being down one is the most tense. We can remove a tie game from being tense completely. That's not tense at all. Because if you don't score, then you have overtime and shootout to keep trying to win. If you're scared of the other team scoring in a tie game, then you shouldn't be on the ice. Nor should you be coaching the team or supporting them as a fan. That just means you have no confidence in your team and you should cut all ties immediately. It's best for everyone. This is sort of the same for winning by one. If you're late in the game and you're up by one, you shouldn't be worried about the other team scoring. In fact, they need to score two goals before you should even be worried. Because if they get one goal, then you're in the tie game scenario that I described previously. You're still laughing at that point. So by process of elimination, being down by one is the most tense.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

WSBL claim

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

A very repurposed prompt 1.

The wedding is between me and the glorious nation of Czechia. The entire nation is required to be there. OR ELSE.

Famous players from throughout Czech history and international dignitaries from countries and organizations not yet labeled as enemies of the state will attend to commemorate this tremendous occasion. Kind of awkward considering Petr is officially marrying most people in the room, but under threat of violence none shall object and everything will go smoothly. Also there will be cake.

There will be no crashers, as there will be strict security and the borders of the nation will be closed to any with Japanese or Swiss citizenship for they cannot be trusted to not interfere in this monumental ritual.

In the end, Petr Svoboda is made a commander of the Order of the White Lion and the union is made official with a grand hockey game that the attendees participate in.

You bet your ass Petr scored.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]