Create Account

Hired: SHL Commissioner

ill do it

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

02-01-2022, 10:25 AMsve7en Wrote:
01-31-2022, 07:51 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: The SHL Commissioner is hired by the currently active owners. So as of right now that group is leafs, nour, and I. Eggy and Tez are in the chat we are using for this, but they don't really get a vote since they aren't active.

I appreciate that insight. My concern remains for the process as a whole. That it's two existing owners who then chose the third as first the commissioner and now as a third owner to make this decision is pretty suboptimal, regardless of the respect I have for your decision making and character. I don't like the precedent that that might set over time, and it's weird to see in a league where we don't have GMs hiring their successors when they step down.

So who would hire the commissioner then? If not the owners.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

02-01-2022, 12:38 PMluke Wrote:
02-01-2022, 10:25 AMsve7en Wrote: I appreciate that insight. My concern remains for the process as a whole. That it's two existing owners who then chose the third as first the commissioner and now as a third owner to make this decision is pretty suboptimal, regardless of the respect I have for your decision making and character. I don't like the precedent that that might set over time, and it's weird to see in a league where we don't have GMs hiring their successors when they step down.

So who would hire the commissioner then? If not the owners.

me

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG

"The district manager quit because he didn't have time to do his job properly, so naturally we made him the CEO of the company."

[Image: 1619851770094.png]

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

02-01-2022, 01:53 PMRagnar Wrote: "The district manager quit because he didn't have time to do his job properly, so naturally we made him the CEO of the company."

The reasoning I see for it is, we like his ideas and contributions.  Just isn't around quite enough for the day to day stuff.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

02-01-2022, 01:53 PMRagnar Wrote: "The district manager quit because he didn't have time to do his job properly, so naturally we made him the CEO of the company."

this is logical because CEOs dont work

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG

You can't make me I refuse

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

02-01-2022, 11:59 AMsve7en Wrote:
02-01-2022, 11:20 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Not to devalue you point or anything but it's not really a dangerous precedent, it's basically how it has always been. A very small group of Owners and former HO people selecting new Owners and Commissioners without any real kind of democratic oversight has been the norm for most of this leagues existence.

Fair, and I don't know what it's been like over the whole history you're right. Still doesn't feel great, and maybe there were more owners involved in some of those past decisions.
I mean the reality is that the owners literally own the SHL. The commissioner works for the owners with, presumably, the interests of the entire league in mind.

I'm all for revolution to overthrow concentrated power and/or wealth, but I don't think this is one of the places to do it.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

tl;dr @teztify bad :goots:

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Funny meme, but it's more like moving from a CEO position to being a member of the board. We might pick the Commissioner but the workload is not the same as being a commissioner or even a member of HO.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

02-01-2022, 10:25 AMsve7en Wrote:
01-31-2022, 07:51 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: The SHL Commissioner is hired by the currently active owners. So as of right now that group is leafs, nour, and I. Eggy and Tez are in the chat we are using for this, but they don't really get a vote since they aren't active.

I appreciate that insight. My concern remains for the process as a whole. That it's two existing owners who then chose the third as first the commissioner and now as a third owner to make this decision is pretty suboptimal, regardless of the respect I have for your decision making and character. I don't like the precedent that that might set over time, and it's weird to see in a league where we don't have GMs hiring their successors when they step down.
The owners are owners for a reason. Obviously non active ones wouldn't get a say in that matter, but DrunkenTeddy is firmly known to have solid idealistic opinions. I don't see why that sets a bad precedents to anyone. To your point of GMs if everyone hired their successor newly made GMs and people who want to try ta type of role wouldn't get a chance normally because of the idea of familiarity. At least in my eyes it would. I don't see why Owners shouldn't hire the new commissioner and the commissioner who stepped down is literally an owner so it's like he's not finding someone well suited for the job at hand.

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]

Applied

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

I deserve this fuckong job so I can refine media payout and fire graders cote fitted for less shl imperialism.
Also trella carrying the hammer so vote or die or else lose your shoes to some telephone piles.

Dick or die

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

applied

[Image: CnPenxE.png]