Create Account

S63 PT #2: Dress to in Press

ISFL PT (Username is Minnesotafine)

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Prompt 1

Since the PR team thought it would be funny for me to do an interview of a team mate, I dressed myself up with a big wig and glasses, donned a tweed jacket and decided to adopt an English accent - or as much of one that I could hold.

The fortunate - or unfortunate - victim in this case happened to be @Geekusoid Strom Chamberlain, who has a reputation as someone who gives short shrift to the press.

The first question that I decided to ask him was "If he had heard of the trade rumours connecting him to Buffalo, Winnipeg or Calgary, as these three teams were looking for an upgrade in net."

He was visibly flustered, and denied hearing such things.

Secondly, I asked if the rumours were true that he needed to wear bifocal glasses to see the play when he was on the ice as his eyesight was worsening.

He got a bit mad at that.

The third rumour if he knew who I was and what newspaper I was working for.

Hearing a negative answer, I introduced myself as "Trent Crimm, reporting for The Independent."

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

Prompt 2.

Q: Coming off your second Bojo Biscuit trophy, it seems you've slowed down a bit this season. What is the reason for that?

A: Well, I guess I'm not as young as I used to be and the young bucks out there might be starting to catch up to me. But I'm far from dead yet and have plenty in the tank. I think this is just a slow start for me and I think I'll keep showing people why I'm still one of the best defenders in this league.

Q: Do you think the team as a whole is just having a slow start as well? With all the preseason chatter I thought the Pride would be well above .500.

A: That certainly seems like the case. We've had a few tough losses early but I think we're much better than our record shows. Our chemistry is improving all the time and I think we're really going to surprise some people this season.

Q: Alex, what is your favorite thing to cook at home.

A: Stroganoff, always stroganoff! Just like my mom used to make.

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

pt pass

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]

Hi Calvin! Thank you for joining us today!

Hi Bob, pleasure to be here!

Lets dive straight into the questions..
It will be no surprise to you that the first question will be regarding your recent move from New England to Seattle. A New England where most people had you down as a career player. What caused the move, bad feeling in the team or something else? Any details you can shed on this would be greatly appreciated!

Sure, so I will be the first to say, when I got drafted by New Englad at 4th I did not forsee myself ever leaving the team. Such a great team, management and good feeling.While the team atmosphere and feeling is still great, life has happened, some players moved on and it's not the same place I joined. Add to that my own personal feeling where I have been less and less motivated to play and dedicate the time necessary to get to the top of the league like I want to. When Kenvald decided to step down as General Manager, I figured it would be the perfect opportunity to try my wings in Free Agency to at least hear from some other teams.

So what made you decide on Seattle in the end? Any other teams that did reach out?

I will keep what other teams reached out to myself, but I can say there were a few teams that were very interesting! I liked Seattle with the core of guys being similar age to myself and the way Tig laid out his plan and approach. And so far it feels like the best decision, really enjoying myself there and having a great time!

Thank you for those answers, unfortunately that's all we will have time for today.

Thanks Bob.

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !

Prompt 1:

My GM Jurt decided to choose me of all people to prank a teammate with an interview. Why he chose me, I don't know. Random chance? Or was the joke supposed to be on me? How am I, a deer, supposed to disguise myself as a reporter?  And why the heck did I say yes? Anyways, here I am, about to do an interview with the captain Yannick Svoboda (@Whitecap).  To make sure I was disguised took a lot of work.  Instead of trying to disguise myself as a human, we decided to try something else: A... gazelle? Named Geisel... from the.... Gazelle Gazette? I'm not sure if that would work but we'll see.  At first, Yannick was suspicious, especially since he couldn't figure out why my accent was familiar, but after a few minutes, he seemed to relax. I still don't know if he really knew it was a setup, or if he actually believed it.  Anyways... some of the questions I had asked were:

"What do you think of your teammate and assistant captain Sam Siege?"

"Is there anything you learned from him as someone who isn't human?"

"As someone who lives in Asia, what would you tell any hockey players in Russia, Japan, and Kazakhstan about training and playing with a deer?"

"If you were born as a cervidae of some kind, you know, a deer, an elk, gazelle like me, antelope, etc. Which would you be?"

The best answer I got was from the second question posted above, when he mentioned something about how he thought I was from Europe and not Asia with my accent.  I'm sure he could tell you the rest.

[Image: SS.png]                                        [Image: image0.png?width=268&height=375]                                        [Image: ACapSiege1.png?width=500&height=362]

PBE PT

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

PROMPT 2
Afternoon, Mr. Leavitt. Currently, your Platoon are dominating the league with just three losses in thirty games. What do you think is the main reason for this season's success?
Well, I think we have all just really gelled as a team. Most of us have been together for the last five or six seasons and when you play together every day you get to the point where you just kind of know where your teammates are going to be and what they are going to do. Um, it also helps that Luca has really played great, makes us look good out there.
What do you think your main contribution to the team is?
I just make sure to work hard everyday when I am out there. I never want to let my teammates down so I make sure to bust my, um, chops for each and every one of them.
You are currently leading the league in plus/minus this season, to what is that attributable on your part?
I feel like something clicked last season and I have better read on everything happening out there and I am making better decisions. 
Thanks for your time, good luck in today's game.
Thanks!

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]

ISFL Affiliate

word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count word count

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]

Simmer pass

Reporter: The Platoon lost only three games so far in the season but we're journalists so we love to complain so please answer me this: why are you so horrible?

Jasper Maximov: I'm not that horrible, okay? I try my best but Daniil and Ethan keep stealing my points. I'm not sure they're the true culprits but since they have the most points, they are an easy target and I need to blame someone because my ego really can't handle having 40 less points than someone else on my team.

Reporter: We could say you have been doing good on defense but you're still last on your team for hits. How does it feel to be such a wimp?

JM: No one talks to me like that! Do you know who I am?! I'm the juggernaut, bi... I mean, I'm Jasper Maximov! I have the most blocked shots on this team, I deserve respect! *rips shirt and punches the reporter*

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Prompt 2- hi this is jimmy with um, the greater Fort Worth elementary school news um, sports.

Live! In Dallas. I’m here with renegade jimmy Fanto beans.

“It’s Joseph”

Sorry Joseph

“It’s ok. What you got for me!”

Ok. Um, what’s your favorite cereal?

“Great question. I’m going to have to go with Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Best cereal ever.”

Yeah that’s good. Good milk.

“Yeah good milk, hah “

What’s um, your favorite roblox obby?

“I don’t know what that means.”

Like roblox, like hide and seek? Baby school? Vampire breeding factory?

“What?”

Um my dad says that you are only good for hitting, and when it comes to playing hockey, you are a real piece of shit. I don’t know what it means but he says it a lot.

“Uhhhh”

Do you know what he means? We were watching a game last week, and he kept saying that a book was going to kill him? He yelled that you had sex with him. That the whole team had sex with him. He had never been had sex with harder, and it was going to kill him. Why are you trying to make my father dead?

“Oh”

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

Prompt 2

Interviewer: Mr. Harrier, your teammates say that you've been goofing off quite regularly. Are these claims true?
Harrier: Eh, perhaps. Depends on what's your definition of goofing off.
Interviewer: That would mean not practicing regularly.
Harrier: Oh, then I don't, I practice fairly regularly. I don't think I'm gonna be like this amazing star player or anything but I do put work into my skills every now and then.
Interviewer: So, you don't goof off?
Harrier: I wouldn't say that I don't, y'know. Goofing off is part of life, you can't just be like "all work, all the time", that's the path to a madhouse, I wouldn't recommend it.
Interviewer: Well, so you do goof off?
Harrier: Ah, yeah, some times more, some times less. Though usually, I just skateboard at my new place. Managed to save up to get a two-floor studio, so I had my friends set up a skatepark on the bottom floor and then I live on the top floor. Normally, the day would be busier but uh... the demon world's been a tad quiet ever since some wrestling guy ended up there.
Interviewer: ...Demon world?
Harrier: ...Pretend I said nothing, keep forgetting I can't mention this sort of stuff to you folks.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

ISFL PT

[Image: gaWPJhU.gif]

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...ntry412836

[Image: giphy.gif]