Create Account

Continuance of Legacy: who holds records the longest
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 06:35 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Mike izzy would have had 70 points and 900 hits a year in this era……he left with 1200 tpe as well.

Good article Luke.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

01-24-2022, 06:27 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote:
01-24-2022, 06:07 PMluke Wrote: Oh yeah, there will definitely be people that can take a run at the top 5, it will just be a bit harder. but you also have to remember, Ron Mexico started when there was 6 teams in the league, then 8, then 10, then 12 by the time he retired. And there was less people in the league, so more opportunity to win awards like he has. Scherbluk started out in an 10 team league, then 12 for the majority of his career. Garbanzo the same where he started in a 12 team league, then a 14 team league. McBride was a goalie where there was only a couple goalies that could qualify for awards. So with more teams and more players, the harder to win awards like they have. But it can be done

I would assume that it's gonna get easier to rack up high point totals and other stats actually so most of these records will fall over the next 10-20 seasons, but as you said winning individual hardware is gonna be harder especially on such a consistent basis as some of the old legends.

For me McKeil is definitely in the Top-5 All-Time btw and someone who has dropped quite deeply into "underated" territory at this point, just because he has been gone so long now and because he didn't build the networks that most of these other old legends did. Visser is an interesting case too because for a player of his caliber, he wasn't talked about all that much I find, I wonder why that is. Not sure I'd have him #1 but definitely another player that might be quite underrated.

I was debating on putting Randleman or McKeil at the 5 spot. Its hard for me after 4 because it depends on what you value. I put Visser at #1 because of the points to GP ratio (950 GP, 935 P), the awards he won, and the dominance he was with the jets for so long. He did it when there was 14 teams in the league, then 16 teams in the league. I think the resume speaks for himself

Career Awards:
3x 1st All-Star Steam (S41, S43, S48)
3x 2nd All-Star Team (S36, S37, S47)
1x 3rd All-Star Team (S38)
2x Sarmad Khan Trophy (S37, S41)
2x Sergei Karpotsov Trophy (S41, S43)
3x Jay McDonald Trophy (S41, S43, S48)
2x Ron Mexico Trophy (S41, S43)
2x Challenge Cup (S37, S44)
1x Anton Razov Nominee (S44)
1x Ron Mexico Nominee (S48)
1x Jeff Dar Nominee (S45)