Create Account

S63 PT #3: Hell's Kitchen

I use an app on my phone called Cronometer to monitor my intake of macronutrients and most of the micronutrients as well. I try to stay away from eating too much saturated fat or low glycemic index foods. Too much saturated fat is unhealthy in any diet and low glycemic index foods cause spikes in blood sugar and ultimately crashes in blood sugar. I need the energy to last through an entire game and to let my body recover. Given my ethnic background, many of my meals follow the Mediterranean diet. I eat a wide variety of foods, concentrating on getting enough protein for recovery without adding too much fat.

In addition to that, I find that a few nutrients are difficult to get in my diet and that I need to focus on them more. I have recently discovered that I, like many people with my heritage am mildly lactose intolerant. Avoiding milk can make it somewhat difficult to get vitamin D in the diet. Vitamin E, calcium, potassium, magnesium and zinc are other nutrients that I find it sometimes difficult to get the recommended daily allowance in my diet. Fortunately, I tolerate Greek yogurt well, which is nearly pure protein and helps with calcium and vitamin D. I try to get good nutrition from real food. When I find that I have a deficit for any length of time, I supplement.

[Image: embros.png]

[Image: ddIlIkT.png]  [Image: qzGJBye.png]
Player Render by Merica

ISFL PT

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Quote:Written Task: Your new job as team chef begins today! What do you make for everyone? Do you take orders, or do you pick what's served? Are you trying to help them stay energized for games, or do you try and poison them as revenge for making the last chef quit? What kind of weird stuff do your teammates order? Go crazy (150+ words)

I would make sure that I provide a meal plan with a variety of flavors and from a variety of origins. Some would get spicy foods, to their liking, while others would get savory foods rich with carbs and filling to a tee.

I’m a big believer in experimenting with food, so I’d force my teammates to do the same. It would be a rule in my kitchen to never prepare the same thing twice for people, in order to make sure they get a wide variety of meals.

Of course, I’d use this opportunity to rise up the ranks of the depth chart as well. What good is power if you aren’t going to use it? Is there a defenseman that is threatening to take my spot on the powerplay? Boom, insanely hot spicy chili peppers in the broth. Someone didn’t return my hi in the hallway? Guess who just had a side of ExLax fries with his chicken wings.

In the end, I bet I wind up where the previous chef did (in the dungeon?)… but I’d have some fun before then.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

Prompt 1:

Paul Binder would basically just go through ATL's food channel in the team's Discord and just go down the list. You guys wanna shitpost about food? Fine, eat it then. You guys wanna talk about delectable delicacies? Sweet, it's yours now! First up we have Leppy's "Fries on a burger cause I'm lazy". Healthy? Not in the least. Delicious and filled with calories to get our big hockey bodies ready to go? You bet. For the next day it's just a slab of ground fucking beef in a waffle iron. You can thank our wonderful GM Otter for that one. The next one is from yours truly, "Steak pie, peas, and gravy" that was served at a fucking Man United game. I don't know how a team can get away with selling this at a sporting event but I feel awful for everyone involved.

151 WC

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

WSBL PT Affiliate

[Image: blasoon.gif]

Prompt 1:

While Anton Harrier himself lacked the experience of a cook, he was able to pull in some favours and still could recall some recipes from Grandma Harrier's Book of Exquisite Delicassies (although he had to admit that he changed several ingredients as "it was really hard to extract stuff like banshee milk", relying instead on more normal options that didn't literally mean having to go hunt underground), so that he was able to deliver an actual really good banquet for his friends and teammates back in Manhattan.

When asked about the origins of the dishes and how they were able to taste that good, he simply resumed it to a mix of international cultural experience, some really good touches of luck, assistance from his girlfriend and a distant family member and then, finally, that the real quality came from how hungry the whole team was after the last chef got the boot. Things would likely resume to normality soon.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

I will absolutely not take any orders; my teammates are about to get stuck with my cooking! For gamedays I will prepare some sushi, this is the only dish where they will have input. I plan on making them whatever roll they desire, in order to get them zoned in for the game. For the rest of the week there will be a combination of pasta, salmon, chicken and curry. If someone does not like my food, then they will sadly have to be traded to Manhattan. That punishment isn’t even strong enough for the crime of refusing my food.
Naturally the best food will go to the captains and my linemate. But Scoochie is getting poisoned for sure, dude can barely save a puck and deserves to go through a bad time. Hell, maybe the poison helps him play better. As he starts getting shutouts and playing better, I will lessen the poison and feed him his favorite meals.

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]

Vasily's greatness is fueled by lots and lots of delicious beets! Vasily grows up on little beet farm in old Russia village. Eating beets every day for breakfast lunch dinner and snacking times! Roasted beets, boiled beets, baked beets, steamed beets, grilled beets, deep friend beets, pickled beets, shredded beets, beet soup, beet salad, crunchy beet chips, beet fries, even delicious beet pancakes and beet smoothies! So delicious and make Vasily grow into huge big boy with lots of strong muscles! Vasily never gets sick of tasty beets! Did you know that even the green parts at the top of the beets is good to eat? Is true! Lots of tasty vitamins in this part of the beet! Beets are so delicious they even make good secret ingredient for brownies and chocolate cakes! Vasily has tried to make beet ice cream for tasty frozen summer treat, but recipe needs work. Still, some silly people not like beets. Vasily says that is ridiculous. Get psyched for big games by pretending all opponent hockey players hate beets, and so Vasily must teach them big lessons by hitting! Vasily has team chef make delicious fresh beet salad for him after practice, is something to look forward to, especially when practice is tough bag skate. Pregame ritual is for Vasily to eat whole jar of pickled beets! Russian mama's secret recipe is best kind! Vasily have to ration those to save for most important games! Beets make Vasily best at hockey!

[Image: michiganshl.gif]

Prompt 2

So I do not really have a set meal plan for my weeks as much as I avoid certain foods on game days unless I have the next day off. I can eat a lot but I do tend to avoid greasy fast food or anything too spicy as well as anything with too much dairy on game days. Not that it is a huge deal and I could still play if I ate them but I would rather not be on the toilet during an intermission or during warm up. Definitely avoid the spicy so I do not get a "warm up" on my rear end before I even get to take my warm up on the ice. Do not need that burning ass feeling and potential chaffing of my cheeks during a game, god I wish I could only imagine the smell and it wasn't a repressed memory. Ice cream is also a no go because I'll be on that toilet every 30 minutes once I get moving.

170 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Prompt 2:

Pregame meals!
Karl is from the old school of thought where you carbo load before games to make sure you have enough energy. So serving up before games (especially home games in his swanky ass kitchen) we have a lovely mixture of Lasagna made with organic goat cheese and cottage cheese for extra protein. The sausage is from Elk Karl hunted in the offseason, and almost entirely organ meat because that unlocks the true potential in the human being.
an alternate option is Chicken Alfredo Penne. Karl has an Italian connection through Del Vecchio @zoone and gets imported fresh pasta from Italy's grain bowl. Mix this with some homemade alfredo and the craziest chicken that can be found running around the property (100% free range and 'organic' - they are chickens and eat bugs) and you have yourself an absolute feast. The heavy butter concentration in the sauce lubes up the joints and veins for optimal performance and the heavy carb concentration essentially turns you into the energizer bunny.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Playing goalie is a interesting spot when it comes to eating food. You're not skating around as often as you're fellow teammates and your whole goal is to take up as much space as physically possible in the net. With that said though, you can't just stuff your face as you are still being tested in conditioning. The real secret for Jon St. Ark is lean foods and plenty of hydration. On game day, he prefers to have a decent sized lunch, with a light breakfast, with plenty of fluids spread throughout to ensure he can compete without worrying too much. For dinner on a game night, he goes very light, generally with nutrition bars or something small. Even though he's a veteran goaltender at this point, he still gets a bit of nerves prior to the game and having a full stomach would spell disaster. Have to stay light on food to be light on your skates and make the big saves.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

Prompt 1

Michael Withechef in the house. Yo yo, your new chef right here. There is definitely no choice of what to get to eat, I make the menu for the whole team. Let's see, who is to serve. The first and by far easiest to cook for is Puddles O'Duck. He prefers his breadcrumbs as hard as possible and served in a small, cozy pond in the park. Preferred by an old person sitting on a park bench and contemplating about life. The next one on the menu is Eko van Otter, who only is served hotdogs. Anton Mihailov eats everything, as long as it's served on a plate with the picture of Nash on it, as it always makes him happy when Nash appears. Best morale booster ever. Towelie is a very special one to cook for, as he is a towel. Normally he's not too picky, but best meal for him is served with a special cookie. As long as he gets the cookie he's satisfied and ready to perform. There are a lot more to cook for, I can tell you about them in another PT if possible.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

[Image: IMG_0803.jpg]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

PBE Affiliate

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

PROMPT 1- Your team chef just quit after being ordered to make "pilk" one too many times, and now the job falls onto you!

Written Task: Your new job as team chef begins today! What do you make for everyone? Do you take orders, or do you pick what's served? Are you trying to help them stay energized for games, or do you try and poison them as revenge for making the last chef quit? What kind of weird stuff do your teammates order? Go crazy (150+ words)

The Great Falls Grizzlies are an easy team to feed. Just load up a few barrels of fresh-caught salmon and dump it into a trough and watch them go! However, my good friend Arturs Tumovs taught me that there's an art to true salmon cuisine. Many a fine morning I would stare dreamily at him, eyes agog and mouth agape, watchig and listening to him describe what he was doing. He had such a tender manner with his salmon, he would speak soothingly to it and then select a nice slightly mossy rock by the stream and smack it! Smack smack on the rock, until the salmon was nicely tenderized. Then he would fillet it and wrap it in banana leaf with a couple lemons and some dill and butter, and wrap it in foil and put it into the dying embers of his fire, letting it bake in the coals until it was just slightly above medium rare. It was very tasty way to make salmon. However I don't really have time to do that for the whole team, so for me I get the Salmon a la Tumovs, for the rest of the team, they can settle for the big barrel dumped in the trough. They are all barbarians anyway, no need to do anything fancy!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies