Create Account

Improving Accessibility

Reposting it here to hopefully have an open dialogue, this is something that I realized I haven’t thought about much in my time as GM and I feel I should.

For the neurodiverse (and really all) people here, what are some ways GMs could make their LRs/teams more accessible and less overwhelming for y’all? Feel free to DM if you’re not comfortable posting it. There’s definitely a lot of information to take in when you join the SHL, so if there’s ways we can make that transition less daunting im for it.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

My first and only thought on this is enabling slow mode on certain LR channels could be really helpful for certain ND folks where it's important info that just goes SO FAST. I don't have more specific examples, but I can imagine certain locker rooms that are absurdly active with hundreds of messages a day could be super overwhelming to people with processing issues/disorders.

If people want to do some reading on accessibility, Universal Design is a concept I think has beneficial applications to almost every aspect of life. https://universaldesign.ie/what-is-universal-design/

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

02-06-2022, 06:41 PMhhh81 Wrote: My first and only thought on this is enabling slow mode on certain LR channels could be really helpful for certain ND folks where it's important info that just goes SO FAST. I don't have more specific examples, but I can imagine certain locker rooms that are absurdly active with hundreds of messages a day could be super overwhelming to people with processing issues/disorders.

If people want to do some reading on accessibility, Universal Design is a concept I think has beneficial applications to almost every aspect of life. https://universaldesign.ie/what-is-universal-design/
This is a good thought! Could definitely help so people don’t have to take in even more information while they’re still figuring out the first bit.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

NL has a separate rookie channel set up for all rookies to get important info, ask questions and take a break from the chaos of normal NL chat if they want and I know that’s been a very highly rated part of NL.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2022, 07:12 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

02-06-2022, 06:59 PMBfine Wrote: NL has a separate rookie channel set up for all rookies to get important info, ask questions and take a break from the chaos of normal NL chat if they want and I know that’s been a very highly rated part of NL.

I think this is the most logical thing any team can do tbh. We dem boyes