Create Account

S63 PT #4: Into the SHLverse

pt pass

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

Answering for Prompt #2:

I honestly could not imagine Vaseline Podcalzone not being a Newfoundland Berserker during his junior days, nor could I imagine him not being a Seattle Argonaut. That being said, given that he was only a 3rd round pick in the Season 55 Simulation Major Junior Hockey League draft, as well as only being a 2nd round pick in the Season 56 Simulation Hockey League draft (I found out that I was drafted to Seattle while at the dentist!), there was a lot of wiggle room for sure for a good few what if questions. For example, what if the Seattle Argonauts passed on Pod with the 23rd overall pick? How much more would he have free fallen? To Chicago at 30th overall to be reunited with Corey and J? If they went with Mat Smith, does KlusteR (I miss KlusteR tons) convince the Monarchs (then known as the Chiefs) to draft Pod 32nd overall? What about Buffalo at 33rd?

Anyhow, the great thing is that there's no need to overthink this, especially with me (and Pod) being happy as hell over in Seattle.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

Prompt 2:

I would go back to whatever moment in my career of anyone else's choosing and probably do everything exactly the same as I already have. This is because the goal in life or in sport is not to find some recipe that will allow you to play perfectly. There is no such recipe. The game of hockey and the game of life have actions and reactions, moves and countermoves. The point is to experience them and learn from them. One needs to test oneself and to test others. Sometimes we stumble and fall and get hurt. Sometimes others get hurt unintentionally in the process. The goal is to heal and to grow as hockey players and as people. I hope my career lasts well into the SHL.

When it is all said and done, I should be able to hold my head high and go out with these words:

And now the end is near
So I face the final curtain
My friends, I'll say it clear
And state my case of which I'm certain

I've lived a life that's full
I've traveled each and every highway
And more, much more than this
I did it my, my way

Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exception

And I planned each charted course
Each careful step along life's byway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out
I faced it all and I stood tall
And did it my way

I loved, I laughed, I cried
Had my filled my share of losing
And now as tears subside
I find it all so amusing
Just to think I did all that
And may I say, not in a shy way
Oh no, oh no, not me
I did it my way

For what is a man, what has he got
If not himself, then he has not
To say the things he truly feels
And not the words of one who kneels
The record shows I took the blows
And did it my way

To say the things he trully feels
And not the words of one who kneels
The record shows I took the blows
And did it my, my way

[Image: embros.png]

[Image: ddIlIkT.png]  [Image: qzGJBye.png]
Player Render by Merica

Prompt 1

WOWEE! PATYA AM MASTER OF MUCH DARK MAGIC AFTER LEARN FROM GLORIOUS SUPREME LEADER OF MOTHERLAND, VLADIMIR PUTIN! Man am having many talents, let Patya say to you. Anyway, now that portal open for other universe, Patya am meet Patya evil double! OH NO! Am look much like Patya, but if Patya am still in phase of try for looking like Pete Wentz from 2008. He more than Patya bargain for. This joke Patya make. While Patya am spread love, evil Patya am spread hate and much sadness. Evil Patya am still Russian, but many better English. Patya English still not so good. Am work with Kristen still but am much struggling. Patya am thinking maybe convince evil Patya for come play the ice hockeys with me. Evil Patya much more strong, am much more physical. Evil Patya am not as much for score, but is much more for pain. Evil Patya best enforcer from Russia of all time. Patya and teammates am just having for keep eye on him for preventing many bads to happen to peoples. Patya am believing this able to happen because all am working together for prevent. Also team Patya am not doing dark magics any more after this, is very scary and open portals is very bad. Evil Patya am tell me of all bad things from dark magic. Evil Patya dark magic many betters than me.

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

pt pass

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]

The draft... in this very strange, weird, and all around spooky universe, Axel Foley is a New England Wolfpack-er... he's on the Wolfpack from that 8th overall pick they had, where they expressed interest in taking him. In the spirit of prompt #2, the changes wouldn't be all that drastic in my mind. Well before the SHL draft I had it pre-determined that I'd want to be more of a "one-team" player--at least as far as free agency is concerned. I'd be surprised if there was a situation wherein I'd request a trade or otherwise look for avenues out of New England (tho I am not privy to their locker room). The other option from teams I actually spoke to would be going to New Orleans at 4th overall. I think the biggest factor there for me that'd influence any potential change in the idea of changing a path would be impact of Fuzz/Sloth/TDZ leaving as they were and still are notable members of the Kraken community. The career impact that'd have is twofold--the main draw for me going to any SHL teams would be the established connection I had with people already there. That'd be Keygan in Edmonton, or the depth of Kraken Alumni in New England. Going to NOLA however, if the people listed above were to leave early I feel it would give me pause on whether or not to follow though it all depends on the timeline. If I had two or three seasons to acclimate to those non-Kraken fellas I'm sure I'd stay, but if the new-LAP grouping had dipped earlier, I'd probably want to get traded somewhere with more familiarity which would have some fairly large implications I'd figure--mostly shedding the one-team moniker early which would lead to me considering free agency as a greater option, and perhaps leaning into the idea of a journeyman at some point down the road.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Prompt 1

I'm a nasty boy am I if I'm trying to summon some big tiddy goth gf. But well, here we are. Out of the portal steps King Zeus. Who is this freaking good looking dude you might think - well, it's King Zeus as I already said. King Zeus is the emperor of the Olymp, the greek good and just started as a football player in the International Simulation Football League. He started his first season there after winning the Ultimini the season before. While he's not throwing lighning bolts and rules the thunder, he makes flashes on the field. He is playing the position of Cornerback for the Sarasota Sailfish. Definitely he won't be helping me to play hockey in this league, so I send him back and hope for a new arrival. Maybe he sends one of his many mistresses back, I'd be much more interested in one of those. I think he had quite a few very well fitting ones. Although I doubt a big tiddy goth would be one of them, but I'm not that picky there.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Prompt 1. Its time for Makrus to try his hand at the dark arts. Not knowing exactly where to start Makrus gets an Ouija board. Surrounding the board is all 5 pieces of Exodia. Surely this is how to harness the dark arts. After asking the Ouija board several questions something strange happened. A portal opened around the board and another Makrus stepped out of it. He looked just like Makrus but with a evil mustache that clearly identified him as evil. Evil Makrus wanted to know if this world had been conquered yet. Makrus informed him that this world has not been conquered. Evil Makrus wanted to know if Makrus had done anything evil in this world so far. Makrus told him about ruining the German economy and becoming the most wanted man in Germany. Evil Makrus was excited about this news. With Germany weakened it would be a great place to start his takeover of this dimension. Evil Makrus set off to conquer Germany or something. Makrus assumed he would never see Evil Makrus again unless it was relevant to a future PT.

[Image: qm0v49d.png]

Prompt 1

After another fine feed of French Toast and Pancakes, Boots decides to get another cup of coffee before heading to the rink but accidentally knocks the tea bags into the coffee pot. Suddenly the coffee pot vibrates violently and stretches into impossible shapes before turning into a spiraling dark hole just floating in the air. From that hole, a pair of the shiniest clean boots steps out. It's an alternate reality version of Boots. After a short introduction they quickly realize that together they can take over the SHL as a new defensive pair in the league. The portal closes behind them and all that's left is a pile of glass and a puddle of tea coffee on the floor. The Boots' decide to shake on it and become a pair in the SHL. 

With Dirty Boots' ability to get to the dirty areas and pick the puck off the other players and with Clean Boots' smooth skating and clean finish to the net, they become the Defensive Boots Pair that dominate the league. Nobody ever questioned where the pair of Boots came from but they'll go down in history as the greatest pair of Boots that ever lived.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Ivan Lacksamus's S63 create was a bit of a fluke. There was a chance that Lacksamus's cousin, Ivan Maximus, played a full career when he created in S50. Drafted to the Texas Renegades, Maximus had high hopes for a long and successful career in the Lone Star State. If Maximus would have stayed on top of his training rather than fizzling out, there was a good chance he'd have brought home 2 cups in that time and would have topped out over 2k TPE. But alas, it didn't happen that way and Maximus's lack of dedication led to Lacksamus's emerging in the S63 class and trying to write a story of his own. Now with Detroit and a prospect for the New England Wolfpack, Lackamus strives to be what his cousin wasn't - a long term player with his sights set on pulling in his own cup. With many seasons still ahead there is still a long road to work through, but Lacksamus has high hopes.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2022, 11:14 AM by Ragnar.)

Alternate universe Chimkin Tendy steps through the portal with a look of confusion on his face. He has no idea how he got here, but here he is. He looks exactly the same. Tall, thicc, balding, and incredibly dreamy. Still Serbian and still eating nothing but chicken tenders. However, the main difference is he is actually good at hockey and useful to his team. Yeah, I know, it's far fetched... but really. He leads his team in points instead of having 10 and 20 points less than his line mates respectively. He can skate, dangle, score and assist on goals like it's no big deal at all. Instead of having 4 goals in 53 games and his line mates both having 50+ points, he has 80 points in 53 games and so do his line mates. Instead of his line mates passing it between themselves and pretending Chimkin Tendy doesn't exist because he would just lose the puck or fuck something up anyway, they all click really well together and lead the Buffalo Stampede to a Challenge Cup... which is super unrealistic because we all know Hamilton is going to win again just like they do every year.

Also super unrealistic in this alternate dimension is @Zombiewolf isn't an absolute cutie pie... which is absolutely absurd and not a world I would want to live in.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Prompt 2

I think going back in time there is a lot that could my players destiny. Lets start with the SMJHL draft, I was drafted to anchorage, but that only happened because of one person. Bojo! Bojo told anchorage to draft me, and thats exactly what they did at the 6th overall. If bojo did not speak up, there is a good chance that I would have been drafted else where and not have won a 4 star cup with Anchorage.

The next big change was on my SHL draft destination. I received a couple of messages from teams that were interested in drafting me. There was one team with an early round pick that expressed interest in me. Ultimately I told them I was not interested in joining their team and could not guarantee playing my whole career there. They later decided to trade their pick, and it ended up in the hands of the Texas Renegades. This would have been big for my career, as my success is directly connected with the renegades.

+170 words

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

ph

[Image: manh_sig6.png?width=499&height=542][Image: lebedev-sig.gif]

Prompt #1
Roderic Banes, whilst experimenting with dark magic, accidentally summoned his evil twin from the Dark Dimension: Boderic Ranes! Boderic is identical in every way, except he is left-handed and shoots right, and has an evil-villain-esque goatee.

Fortunately, Roderic and Boderic bonded over their shared love of sushi, and Boderic elected to leave the Dark Dimension behind, citing the swirling Doom Vortex in the sky, as well as lack of affordable housing, as the primary motivating factors for his decision. Though he played hockey in his home dimension, Boderic is electing to take some time to acclimate to his new dimensional home before taking steps to return to pro sports. Perhaps one day soon we will see Boderic playing right wing opposite Roderic, the dynamic Power Duo throwing hits and blocking shots in Montreal.

PLease note that the Extradimensional Diplomatic Corps consider this turn of events to be highly irregular and strongly advise against any attempts to contact your Dark Dimension self.

"It's a bad place, full of bad people, really," said a spokesperson for the EDC, "just don't make eye contact, let's keep those intra-dimensional windows rolled up, know what I mean?'

[Image: banes.png]