Create Account

S63 PT #5: Source Code

Finally! The power to correct the imbalance in the league. I think HAM, BUF, etc have had their fun, right? Perhaps not of their own fault, but they have. So, let's even it out a bit shall we? They don't need their lines set properly, especially with their stacked rosters. So, let's mess with those a bit. Just turn em upside down. After that, if we have access to everyone's tactics, we can hard-counter them easily. I have no FHM experience, so I'd need help to do that though. Python might be of some use. Wow, that was weird to say. Anyways, another thing we can do is bring upon fines and punishments for the top teams to further help our cause. I hear there are specific rules regarding which player types can be played, how many in a line, etc. Time to screw those up so the entire league will come after the top teams and accuse them of cheating, while we enjoy ourselves. This was fun! Imagine if this was actually the case and this is how HAM/BUF were so good? Are we living in a simulation? Maybe.

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

Holy shit, forget the second half of this PT prompt, an AI run sim league sounds fucking glorious. If GMs only had to worry about building a team and not about actual tactics & sliders etc it would be a much more palatable job experience. Anyway, this isnt the prompt. First of all I'd make sure and set the big fours tactics to the worst tactics and sliders possible.
Now the problem is I have absolutely 0 clue what that would look like. I have 0 clue about the sim and even less about hockey so it'd be like a toddler trying to write the iliad.
Now I would make sure the rest of the league are kind of even aside from 1 team who I'd make sure set perfect lines week in week out. That way if anyone suspects funny business HO will be spending their time looking into the wrong users!

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac

PROMPT 1 WHERE I GET TO BE A LITERAL GOD

Oh ho ho this would be a glorious power to have. Considering that I do not have an active player in the league right now, you know how I would mess with things? I would just up the insanity to about 5000 and just get the wackiest stuff to happen on a consistent bases. Oh yeah, we're talking bench clearing brawls, Goalies out there duking it out with each other, games ending with scores of 20-19, 23 round shootouts. This is all for fun and fake, so let's just go balls to the walls with it. 

Oh wait, there is ONE real thing I would change, and that's some of the goal horns these teams use, namely the Timber and uh, whoever the Juniors team is that uses the stupid screeching bird sound. Those two are just pure abominations and need to be destroyed.

ISFL CW

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2022, 10:59 AM by takethehorizon.)

Prompt #1:

[Image: Q220HyA.png]

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

If all GMs are bots and I had access I'd need to carefully screw all the other teams over. As much as you want to blatantly mess with lines and scratch players there would be a riot after a single sim. No one would believe that this is FHM working correctly and then we'd have to find yet another sim engine which would likely be the end of SHL.

I don't know FHM well so I can't speak to it's subtleties, but I think the main thing I'd try to do is mess with tactics. I'd have my team run whatever tactic fits best and stick with it and I'd have the opposing team run the tactics that are most known to be ineffective against mine. To take that a step further, I'd constantly be changing tactics for all other teams to try to keep them from getting into any sort of rhythm and occasionally throw in a line change to keep them on their heels.

Everyone would still moan and complain, but it would be much more subtle than putting their 160 TPE d man in the first pairing with 40+ minutes a game.

Though without a GM does that mean we can handle trades too? B/c that could get very spicy too

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Prompt 1:

Rashford was right when he said it would have to be subtle. Too much weight for or against a team would throw the whole system into chaos. I could imagine the players of a certain team going CRAZY if they are middling, but would definitely sniff something out if they were in the basement. I would probably negate the effect line tactics have on the sim. Slice vs Run and Gun? Gone. The sim would revert back to player skill levels affecting outcomes instead of GM tactics. I would also somehow secretly increase all my goalie atts to 20 and see what happens. Knowing FHM, it would give them a light advantage but they would also lose a crazy amount of games for a perfect brick wall. But hey, who needs all this fancy tampering if my Aurora are going to win the next 7 cups anyways? We got the skill already

(153 WC)

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Prompt 2

The main thing I love about the FHM sims is the flow of the game. Just by watching the highlighted events, you can tell which team has the momentum and which team is reeling, just trying to hang on. The fact that you can get a feel for that without even having to look at the stat page is impressive. One main thing I'd like to see added is more flexibility with powerplay lines and decisions. Some more ability for coaches to have different strategies with regard to that would be nice to see. I'd love to see more information about fights players get in to, as well. Even having an animated brawl between the two players would certainly add some fun to the streams. Overall, I think FHM does a really good job both with the interface being visually appealing and as close to realistic as possible (that we would want in a simulation). It hits the mark way more than it misses and is probably my preferred sim of all the engines that the various sim leagues use.

(180 words)

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

Of course question one would be the kind of question that someone that already has the power to make changes in the sim with nobody knowing would ask.  Now we will all be questioning the results next season, nice work.  I think it is pretty simple though, playing with the line combinations to put their best players on limited ice time would make it very easy for one team to dominate over a season.  It would need to look somewhat normal so you couldn't have your top TPE players all playing less than ten minutes a game but giving them third line minutes would definitely help.  You could also go in and determine whichever tactic for game style is the least competitive and set all teams to that with the exception of yours.  It would give you that edge that you need.  With all of these though, you would need to be just subtle enough that nobody would be able to catch on and ultimately end up just giving your team a statistical edge over a longer season.  

Code:
178 words

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

Prompt 1:

[Image: 1s53AGp.png]

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

ISFL UW Affiliate

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: zFnlslP.png]

[Image: ulxExHI.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Prompt 2.

FHM doesn't show enough detail in play-by-play to allow me to determine what it doesn't do well in depicting a hockey game. As implemented by the SHL, the program doesn't use five mental skills properly. That is the greatest hole in our game. I would like to see older players in regression be able to increase those attributes. I'd particularly be interested in seeing team player, professionalism and leadership increase for veteran players. I believe that this would do a better job simulating reality. Generally speaking, these attributes do increase with age and experience.

One other aspect of the game that I am doing a 180-degree flip on is AI coaching and tactics. I believe that this should be implemented with parity or competitiveness as a secondary concern. Now understanding the real-life age of the average SHL user, I'm concerned that so many college-aged people are spending far too much time wrapped up in this hockey fantasy. The current system of play testing to get better results just exacerbates this problem. Too many people are spending too much time on the site most likely to the detriment to their real lives. We should give over the tactics of each team to the AI to free everyone to spend more time on doing the things that allow them to lead healthy and productive real lives. Ending the dominance of a team or two in the SHL would just be a nice side effect of this measure.

[Image: embros.png]

[Image: ddIlIkT.png]  [Image: qzGJBye.png]
Player Render by Merica

Prompt 1:

I think with an AI run SHL I would probably change nothing for at least the first season just to see how things would compare to a normal season. Then in the second season I would start doing some sabotage, not just for teams opposing my team, but also to try and make my predictions line up more accurately so I can earn more TPE. I'd for sure have some fun swapping around some players into positions they shouldn't be playing, like having a 3rd pairing Dman play first line centre. I'd also swap all their roles to agitator/enforcer/goon type of roles just to see what would happen. Maybe if I give them illegal lines every game HO might still punish the teams, so I'd do that for sure. The only other players I wouldn't screw up would be the ones I choose in fantasy. My teams would all preform well and I would earn the most TPE, I don't see any issues.

165 words

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights