Create Account

S63 SMJHL Championship Week

1. If Godwin wasn't playing for the Colorado Raptors, he would be on the Great Falls Grizzlies.  GFG always gave the raptors some great games and showed grit and determination in the playoffs.  Inserting the number 3 rookie into the lineup would add some much needed production from the center, leading to a full 4 lines of killers.  Two way play is Godwin's magic, and being a defensive weapon would propel the Grizzlies deep into the post season.  Godwin would bring the excellent coaching he received as well as the experience of his first season in the SMJHL as a member of the Raptors into the post season to ignite a Grizzlies squad that was already hungry enough to make it into the playoffs.  As the goals rolled in, Godwin and his line-mates would develop extreme chemistry that hasn't been seen on the Grizzlies since the days of Clyde Glutes and the Yeltzin Twins.

2.[Image: slappermonthly.png]

3.[Image: fanday.png] Foam Raptor Talons giveaway on Fan Day!

[Image: c97iD9R.png][Image: 9tINabI.png]
[Image: dorito2.png]

Code:
Task #1 - 3 TPE
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup? 
Requirements:  150+ words. 
If I wasn't playing for the Anchorage Armada, I'd most likely like to be playing for the Anaheim Outlaws in the playoffs. I have absolutely no idea what the make-up of their roster looks like, nor do I have any idea what they're in need of to become a successful team. However, having played for the Anaheim Outlaws hockey organization on my previous player, it'd definitely be a blast to come back to it with the new leadership and go for another cup with them. There's absolutely no question that I would greatly increase their chances of winning a cup. Lord Zomp is without a doubt a fantastic hockey player who's pretense on the ice immediately boosts the odds of winning. Although, at the end of the time I'd prefer to stick it out with the Anchorage Armada, as I can see myself helping them win a couple of four star cups before making my leap up to the SHL.

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?
Requirements: 150+ words.
After having just finished my very first season in the SMJHL with the Anchorage Armada hockey club, I'd say that it ended up going incredibly well. I was one of the top rookies in the league in terms of points and was an active contributor for the Anchorage Armada hockey club to be have been able to achieve some wins this season. Although I was stuck on my one hundred and fifty five TPE build for the first few weeks of the season, I still managed to rack up quite a bit of points day in and day out. I definitely ended up meeting all the expectations that I set for myself, I'd like to believe that I even met all of the expectations put on me by the management of the Anchorage Armada hockey club. I'm definitely going to try and work on improving my ability to pass the puck as well as a few other attributes to allow for better goal scoring before the start of the next season.

Code:
Task #10 - 3 TPE
So your team got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?
Requirements: 150+ words.
The Anchorage Armada hockey club that is part of the SMJHL did not do so hot this season. Unfortunately they were unable to find a whole lot of success and win the four star cup this year. Although, there is without a doubt quite a few positives to take from the season. The majority of the team is on the young side and are actively training and becoming better players. I don't think anyone would bet against them making a solid run for the four star cup within the next season or two. A good portion of their players are going to be completely capped and the management of the team will easily steer the team into the right path to ensure that we're a contender. I can't really pick any sort of weaknesses that this team might have. It seems as though we're going to be solid in and out and should make light work of everyone else soon.

Code:
Task #13 - 2 TPE
Answer up to 4 of these prompts, each one being worth 1 TPE for 50+ words each.
B. The Newfoundland Berserkers have won the opening two games of this series. How can the Grizzlies turn it around?
C. You're in another timeline where Maine and Kelowna are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's playoffs compared to ours where they lost in the semi finals?
B. The Newfoundland Berserkers may have been able to win the opening two games of this series, although I have a feeling that they were not able to win the rest! This is simply due to the fact that the Grizzlies were the much better hockey team.
It honestly wasn't even a challenge with how they decimated them. The Grizzlies simply outscored the enemy and this brought them great success!

C. In this alternate timeline, I believe that they would've done a better job keeping the puck out of their own net. By doing this, it allows them much better odds to win their games.
When you outscore the opponent, you're going to win the game. Perhaps they also spent a bit more time with practices and running tests to make sure that they were actually going to be able to pull it off. I have a feeling that they did not do this in our real world, sad.

Code:
Task #14 - Latecomer Special - 2TPE
So I see you waited until the end of the finals to complete your tasks! Well congrats to [TEAM] on winning the Four-Star! Reflecting back on the series, what were the keys to [TEAM] taking the finals? Name 3 key points that resulted in the series playing out the way it did.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 100+ words for 2 TPE
The Great Falls Grizzlies managed to pull off the spectacular Four Star Cup championship this season! Wow, what a great showing by them. There was three major factors for them to be able to pull it off.
They were able to put pucks deep, this is very important.
They drove to the net whenever they could, this is incredibly important.
They racked up the shots and outscored their opponent, some say this may be the most vital part.
I truly believe that if every other team in the league followed these steps that the Great Falls Grizzlies did, they too would find great success and be able to win a four star cup for themselves!

Code:
Task #16 - Milestones - Up to 3 TPE
Like with the SHL, you will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim.
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3182051