Create Account

[DOUBLE DRAFT] - Jakobsen JACKED

[DOUBLE DRAFT] - Jakobsen JACKED

AP - Kelowna, BC - The excitement continues to grow as the day goes on and the time inches closer to the S64 SHL Entry Draft. All the players are going through a hurricane of emotions as the moment their name gets called and they start their walk to the stage approaches. Each of these players were involved in the S63 SMJHL Entry Draft last season and while they do have experience in drafts, this one is like no other. This is the big stage. The big moment. This is where the dreams start coming true and you reach what you've always wished for as a kid growing up playing hockey. As time trickles down and we get closer and closer, Mikael Jakobsen patiently awaits the moment his name is announced by his new team and GM. Nervousness is easily one of the emotions he's feeling as he's put huge pressure on his shoulders from a very young age. He's an amazing, talented player and person and I think it's fair to him and his potential future GM's that we shed some light on him so everyone knows what's in store (and, like last season, we can cash in on some doubles week media... but I ain't doing 10k+ words again LOL!). With that being said, let's dim all the lights, shit the spotlight and get to know the Kelowna Knights player, Mikael Jakobsen.

1.  Who is Mikael Jakobsen as a player? GET TO KNOW THE PLAYER.
Mikael Jakobsen is the son of former SHL superstar and Hall of Famer, Magnus Jakobsen. He's a strong, talented, intelligent and loyal player that has progressed his way through the SMJHL and is looking to make a big mark on the game. Selected 10th overall in the S63 SMJHL Entry Draft, he went maybe a little higher than some have expected but I don't think he disappointed Kelowna. He had an amazing season given the amount of time on ice he was given and he was a loyal, constant presence in the locker room. His skill has continued to develop, as well as his game, as he hasn't missed an opportunity to earn TPE yet.

"I'm really excited to better myself. It's been an addiction for me and have learned from some of the best just by watching them. Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Kobe, Lebron, Sakic, Ovechkin, McDavid. You work and you work hard. If you lose motivations, competitiveness... find it and that's what I've done. I have these rivalries with others and it's only just with me. They don't really know about it but I have a competitive edge to be better than them aqnd they don't know this. I know most players probably have this but it's what fuels my fire."

2.  Who is Bana, the agent? GET TO KNOW THE AGENT.
I've been a member of the SHL since about S3-4. I basically grew up on these leagues and despite some hard times, have very fond memories. I love what these leagues have to offer. You're a professional hockey player that is competing in the league. I love hockey, I love competing, so this is perfect. The community aspect of it all can be great too. I've had many players throughout my time here but the most notable (that probably no one remembers) would be Magnus Jakobsen. During his career, I was part of the Hamilton Steelhawks management team and being so young and passionate in the role, I mistakenly tampered with a player and it kind of led to a downward spiral at the time. I took some time away, have had some okay players since and am very happy to be back in the SHL with all of you. Many, many, many years have passed and a lot has changed.

Outside of the SHL? I'm a VHL GM and have been for the last 39 seasons in the Victory Hockey League. We've recently went on an amazing tear and have had a good season so far too. Can't help but feel the sand in the hourglass slowly emptying but that's okay. It's been a long time and I am very excited to relax, enjoy "retirement" and just the player aspect of it all. I haven't really got to experience that my entire time there.

Outside of sim leagues? I like playing Xbox - Apex, NHL 22, MLB The Show, COD etc... One of my favorite things to do in the warmer months is find a beautiful, hidden mountain stream with my brother, sister, family or buddies and do some fishing.. I love hiking with my partner and dogs in the BC Kootenay mountain areas and as just mentioned, have two dogs.. 2 Dobermans - one 3.5 years old and the other 7 months now... the little guy is a little ball of energy... Since my early VHL days I've obviously graduated, started my employment at the very lowest rank and am now part of management for a large territory... Life is good in most ways. I think that's enough for now!

3. Thoughts on the draft tonight?
I have received word that I went 10th overall to NOLA.  Specters  I really enjoyed my discussions with them and cannot wait to get onboard and moving forward with them. I remember some time ago, and maybe I'm wrong, but they were one of the better teams. I know they're on their way up so I am excited to be part of this. I am a few seasons away from playing with or for them, but the calendar date is already circled - whenever that may be.

I wrote this while "having a few" and forgot. Posting it now though.. Was supposed to be before the draft, hehe. It happens!

931 words! x2 Draft media!