Create Account

Ask Me Anything
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2022, 08:07 PM by boom.)

Between finishing my third season of GMing, recreating with my new player and being traded for the first time ever, it's been a pretty wild season. Ask me all the questions you want and I'll do my best to answer!

Quote:Why does your current co-GM suck so much and how have you handled being saddled with his dead weight?

hey you're better than that, you did all our drafting for the past few seasons and you've done an excellent job contributing to and leading the LR culture.

Quote:What's it been like being back in the J?

It's pretty exciting! Part of it is due to the narrative nature of Sophie's story, but being able to see that year-over-year growth is one of the things I really like about building a player through the J. I've also never done some things like be a DFA or built a purely offensive player, and I'm hoping that it's a fresh experience from Hartmann. Getting to play a woman character, especially a queer one, means a lot to me too as I'll get to embrace my identity through my transition.

Quote:How goes SHL GM'ing?

It has its ups and downs! The best is being able to have my finger on the scale and really build a team the way I envision - this will no doubt be more evident once more draft picks under my tenure start hitting the league and the player moves I make have an effect. Test simming is tedious though. Overall, my goal is to build a community, and I hope to excel at doing that.

Quote:More player media articles when?

I have one in the works. More will come in the future. Don't worry, Sophie and Jamie aren't going anywhere.

Quote:Biggest positives and negatives of the League currently?

Best is that I'm seeing a lot more people willing to call out the bullshit that occurs, and it helps to make me feel safe. As a queer trans person, I've been able to feel safe here and forge some really good friendships. The worst I'd say is currently the FHM knowledge gap, as it could be helping to contribute to the lack of interest in GMing these days. It's a pretty steep learning curve, and if you don't have a good teacher it's hard to get good at the game.

Quote:what

why

Quote:what were your biggest takeaways working with Key and Sean before taking the reigns in Edmonton?

Triple-check the salary cap. /s

In all likelihood, the Keygan/Sean team was never afraid to make the big moves and to improve the team where needed. As a GM, one of the things I strive to achieve in my role is to reach out a lot. Kick the tires on trades, reach out to free agents, always be looking to get better. One example of this savvy would be Leon Athanasios - we got a great LR contributor off Atlanta for basically nothing. Sometimes being aggressive doesn't work, but sometimes it turns into stuff like the S61 run, where we were aggressive in free agency signing Gabe, Wozy and Andrei and trading for Spartan and went all the way to the west final.

Quote:What was your favorite thing about being Edmonton's GM?

As said above, my favourite moment was probably the S61 run. We beat out two division rivals in the playoffs what was supposed to be a rebuild year while we waited for the kids to come up to the SHL. While it ended unceremoniously, it's so satisfying to do what we did - go out and get some hired guns and have it actually work - and I think really solidified us as a destination people want to come to.

Quote:What are your plans for the team's future?
To win the Challenge Cup.

Quote:If you were an animal. what would you be and why, and how does that apply to your GM philosophy?

I'd be a sea otter. I guess it applies to being a GM because otters just vibe a lot of the time and they're really caring for their kids? But also sea otters are adorable so it's mostly just that to be honest.

Quote:New members don't get many opportunities to see what different SHL teams are like. What makes Edmonton unique in the league?

I'd say what sets us apart is that we're always in the thick of competition. We've got young players on the rise and we've been able to do it while retaining our veterans, our historic players, to be the guides. It's a good spot for people to be when they want a team that's committed to helping make them the best player they can be and committed to success.

Quote:what are your thoughts on mark messier

no

03-08-2022, 05:12 PMInf1d3l Wrote: If you could take over any other team in the league, which would you choose and why?
Calgary so I can trade everyone and relocate the team to Arizona.

Joking aside, I think Toronto has a really promising future and a lot of players that I’ve had good interactions with in the past.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Why does your current co-GM suck so much and how have you handled being saddled with his dead weight?

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

What's it been like being back in the J?

How goes SHL GM'ing?

More player media articles when?

Biggest positives and negatives of the League currently?

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

what

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

what were your biggest takeaways working with Key and Sean before taking the reigns in Edmonton?

also

Why does your current co-GM suck so much and how have you handled being saddled with his dead weight?

[Image: visceralpotamus.gif]

What was your favorite thing about being Edmonton's GM?

What are your plans for the team's future?

If you were an animal. what would you be and why, and how does that apply to your GM philosophy?

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

New members don't get many opportunities to see what different SHL teams are like. What makes Edmonton unique in the league?

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

what are your thoughts on mark messier

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

Updated to here

pooping in the shower, yay or nay?

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

@boom would you like this graded?

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

If you could take over any other team in the league, which would you choose and why?

03-08-2022, 03:51 PMStadiumGambler Wrote: @boom would you like this graded?
go for it!

Starve and Dehydrate Sota [Image: 933533654553083904.gif?size=96&quality=lossless]

Sota Toes Lock Wen [Image: 933533654553083904.gif?size=96&quality=lossless]

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

anymore changes being made to the overall shape of the roster or are you pretty content with the roster you have?

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]