Create Account

Dion pre draft [double media]
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2022, 10:34 PM by Leatherneckmike.)

**we start a week before the S64 draft**

TV host: Welcome to the S64 SHL entry draft and…. Well I was gonna monologue but I guess we are going right to the Commissioner for the first pick.

Commish: Good evening everyone, welcome to the S64 SHL draft. The Tampa Bay Barracuda are on the clock and have already made their choice.

TV host: Well this is interesting already Tampa has the pick in.

Commish: SO WITH THE FIRST PICK *michael* IN THE SHL S64 DRAFT *michael* THE TAMPA BAY BARRACUDA SELECT *michael* MICHAEL BYFUGLIN RW VIA THE NEVADA BATTLEBORN. WINNEPEG IS NOW ON THE CLOCK

*beep beep beep BEEP BEEP BEP*

Michael: aw fuck, that wasn’t real.

**His wife turns to him**

Delany: Oh finally you are up for cripes sake, I tried to wake you like four times.

Michael: It was three actually. I heard you calling my name in the dream I was having.

Delany: and what would that dream be

Michael: that I got taken 1oa by Tampa and we were gonna be rich and set for the lives of us and our children whenever we choose to have said children. But alas, no 1oa for me. It was all a dream.

Delany: Well come downstairs and help make that dream reality. Remember today we’ve got workouts with some teams and also press to do.

Michael: Alright i’ll get up what is for brea– wait what time is it

Delany: 5am

Michael: 5!! My first workout isnt till 11. What's your problem!

Delany: Oh come on you gotta get used to working hard and early if you wanna be good in the SHL. It’s a whole new level to you. Like remember when we went from youth to highschool hockey? That was a big change.

Michael: Okay fine I get your point– wait how long have you been up?

Delany: 4:30 its a Saturday anyway I don’t have to work its fine now come down breakfast might be cold soon

**with a kiss and a hug the long time friends and short time married couple head for breakfast**

**at the table**

Michael: Good breakfast as always dear

Delany: Thank you

Michael: So who are the workouts with today?

Delany: Why don’t you know, you should be more prepared.

Michael: Hey you are my agent you keep the planner and everything. I play hockey I don't plan hockey.

Delany: Well today’s workouts are with 1oa Tampa, 10oa, New Orleans, and Chicago but they don’t pick till 38. Also you have a phone interview with Montreal, They pick at 4oa

Miichael: would be  great to go back home but surely im gone by 38th.

Delany: Well someone chose to be agent’d by me instead of a big one with a ton of connections which I told you to do so you might get taken 38th

Michael: babe don’t talk like that. I said I wanted you to be my agent so we could fulfill our hockey dream together. You can’t anymore and also you got the law degree and we’ll both make money. I dont wanna give my damn 15% to some guy I want to keep it in the family.

Delany: Yeah we do make more money this way you are right about that. Plus we can certainly hope that your success will get me other clients.

Michael: That we do… so anyway what are we doing before the workouts?

Delany: Gonna get you up and moving and doing laundry!

Michael: Ass

Delany: Naw im kidding I’ll do it while you are at the facility doing the workouts. I figured a morning skate would do you good, plus I wanted to try.

Michael: What, no you can’t do that. We both know you can’t. You are not cleared or anything.

Delany: They said I can’t skate anymore, not, I can’t live my life. Come on, let's get ready for the workouts with a skate.

**after finishing breakfast off the two drove down to the battleborn practice facility. And met with coach Soderberg.**

**Delany gets to the door first and sees the perturbed Soderberg**

Soderberg: You better have a good reason for dragging me out of bed at 7am on a Saturday. We don’t have a game.

Delany: Good morning to you too, Soderberg, of course we do. He's got 3 team workouts today and besides that he wants a morning skate. You said when he got here you would open the facility whenever. He’s a hard worker so let him work.

**Michael walks up**

Michael: Morning coach!

Soderberg **now smiling**: Good morning! How are you heard you got team workouts today! Excited for you to get drafted. Come on, let's go for a morning skate and get warmed up.

**After working on shooting, resistance aided skating and ended with simply working with speed with the puck**

Soderberg: *whistle* Alright and that is where we call it good! Don’t wanna tire you out before you get to the workouts and interviews and all that jazz.

Michael: Thanks coach, appreciate it. So they are coming here for the workouts and stuff right? You gonna let people in?

Soderberg: Yeah I have stuff to do today in the office so I will be here all day to let people in, more than just you working out here today.

Michael: Alright thanks!

**Delany walks in seeing the skate done for the morning**

Delany: Hey! Nice job looked good, you feel nice and warm?

Michael: Yeah I sure do. I also feel super in need of sitting down and hanging out before we get real with the workouts later on in the day.

Delany: Alright we can go back we got some time. It's eight right now and we have to be back here at 11 for the conversation with Tampa Bay so I would say lets leave home at 10:15 to get here early and wait.

Michael: alright let’s do it.

**After some rest and relaxation back at home Michael comes back by himself for workouts and interviews**

Michael: Well, here we go at the start of my future. Man I hope this goes, ope that must be the Tampa rep.

Tampa rep: Michael! Hello! I’m Jerry, the regional scout for the Barracuda. How are you?

Michael: Good Jerry, i'm ready to get to work.

Tampa rep: Alright kid I like that attitude. Been watching you since late high school so you could say i'm interested. What we’ll do is some balance and skating and shooting drills. After that we’ll go to the weight room for conditioning and such. We’ve got an hour and then we’ll get you on a zoom call with our director of minors scouting for the interview.

**after exactly an hour of drills Dion heads to the media room at the Battleborn facility to meet with the director of minors scouting for the tampa team**

Director: … how do I set this… Ah i See. Michael! How are you? This is Vladimir Petrov im the director of minors scouting for the Tampa Bay Barracuda.

Michael: Oh I’d say I am doing just fine. Had a nice work out and now looking forward to just having a chat.

Petrov: fantastic so first question coke or pepsi?

Michael: Sorry?

Petrov: Coke or Pepsi

Michael: I’ve been a coke guy for a long time. May I ask why?

Petrov: Oh i like to see how guys react to a totally unexpected question. Anyway on to the REAL questions. First off, where do you see yourself fitting in the majors?

Michael: Well I see myself in a solid winger role as an enforcer early in my career and hopefully develop into a good 2 way forward. I play with high effort and high energy and have good cardio to work it. I have training grounds back home in Minnesota and here in Nevada to train at. I do a little most days.

Petrov: Okay next question, where do you think you fit in a locker room.

Michael: Well I dont think im gonna be the one going to drink with anyone because well I dont drink. But i'm fairly quiet. I like to stick to my friends. I’ll make some friends but i'm not sure i'm gonna be hanging out with every teammate everyday kinda guy. Otherwise i'm just gonna bring some energy to the place.

Petrov: Okay where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Michael: In life or in hockey?

Petrov: Both is fine

Michael: Well for my life I have a lovely wife and I hope I am settled with her and we actually have money. I know she wants to travel in the offseasons so we will probably do that. She is also my agent and we are living our hockey dream together so we are tied together and so is hockey and my life. It is what I've bled since I moved to Minnesota when I started high school. So my main goal is just to keep playing the sport I love with the Woman I love next to me. Beyond that I go with the flow.

Petrov: What do you think of tampa bay?

Michael: Well you guys have a nice organization down there and the weather is certainly warm. Not usually hockey weather of course but honestly I do a lot of mountain training out here in Nevada. So you get the hotter temperatures in the spring and summer months. I would of course be moving wherever i go. So yeah Tampa is fine by me.

Petrov: Is there anywhere you don’t wanna go?

Michael: Honestly no I dont really have a place I wont go I just wanna play pro hockey.

Petrov: If you arent 1st overall are you going to be upset

Michael: I just wanna get drafted to be honest. The whole process is gonna be something else and I know there are a ton of other guys. But I just hope more than anything I can find a home that can foster me good and I can prove wherever I get drafted I was worth it and was a steal if i go later than round 1 or whatever steal territory is.

Petrov: Alright well that is all I have time for thank you for your answers and good luck in the draft!

Michael: Well okay thank you!

**The Tampa rep goes when the zoom call ends, shakes hands with the future SHL player and wishes him luck**

**Delany walks in shortly after**

Delany: hey ya, You ready to go get lunch before we come back?

Michael: Yeah sure. Let's get some inner life. Wanting something leafy.

Delany: Alright, I’ll drive you are probably tired.

Michael: Sure sure, fine by me.

Delany: So you want the good news or the bad news?

Michael: Oh shit, uhh bad news first as always I suppose.

Delany: New Orleans and Chicago both canceled the private workouts and the phone interview with Montreal has been canceled. First two are delayed flights and the third is an unforeseen scheduling issue for their director of scouting.

Michael: Goddamn only a few days left and several options just left me out in the cold. What the hell is the good news?

Delany: Well when all this stuff got canceled I made some calls and got the Calgary interview moved up.

Michael: So then when is it?

Delany: It’s at 4 today. Then in the next couple days you’ll have more interviews and then we of course have draft night where we figure out where you go.

Michael: Did you get the party set for the draft?

Delany: Yup, rented that conference hall room and ive got your parents, mine, our Nevada friends, the swedes, Soderberg and some other Nevada teammates are gonna stop by before.

Michael: The catering?

Delany: Local joint has 5 stars on yulp you will love it.

Michael: awesome, thanks as always dear agent. I kinda hope calgary works. Would love to  go to Canada and honestly im starting to not feel great about this.

Delany: Head down and stay focused, it is all gonna be fine whatever you do. Now remember you have the Calgary interview later.

**The two drive off and get food and as 4 o’clock approaches the nerves come up. Only 2 and a half days left till the draft. No idea where he is going. Byfuglin wonders if he is gonna get drafted at all.**

2077 words!

Ohhh, I hope you end up going somewhere awesome!

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

Dragonite

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]