Create Account

Montreal Co-GM Presser (Ready for Grading)
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2022, 02:02 PM by Benpachi.)

Newly hired Co-GM for Montreal looking to pad the offseason bank. AMA!

03-10-2022, 03:10 AMmcpumpkin Wrote: Whats it like being the only GM anyone likes?
How much are you gonna have to unlearn from 7?
What's your opinion on what the most important piece to start a team with is in the NHL: #1 Centre, Wing, Defence, or Goalie? Do you think the SHL is any different?
How's your spicy butthole?
It's interesting entering the world of GMing as a still relative newcomer. I'm hoping that my lack of previous relationships or conflict with the SHL community will help Montreal get a fair shake. Also I hope I can make some friends!
I will unlearn nothing that 7 taught me. He taught us all how to be men, how to be the best, and hottest version of ourselves. My only betrayal of his teachings is that the weather here forces me to wear sleeves. It is my greatest shame.
I believe that there is no No.1 piece that can make or break a team, but if I was building a team from the ground up I would always start with a strong blueline. I believe it gives the team the most options and flexibility, and having a solid top 4 can make a significant impact, based on eating minutes, shutting down offensive opportunities and driving play.
My butthole is good, actually. After having done the Hot Ones challenge I can say, with authority, that Gordon Ramsay is a bitch. And to prove it, I'll do it again! NEXT SATURDAY NIGHT ON SMACKDOWN, RODDY AND A SURPRISE CHALLENGER TAKE ON THE HOT ONES WING LINEUP IN A 10 V 2 INESCAPABLE CAGE DEATHMATCH!!!! DON'T MISS IT! only on pay-per-view

03-10-2022, 08:28 AMbrickwall35 Wrote: There has been some turnover in prospects in MTL as a result of the hot potato GM situation. How do you convince players to come to MTL and buy into the team despite this?
The plan remains the same: we're a young team with a bright future. The best we can do right now is to just be active and engaged in the LR, try and make some additions and moves that keep things enjoyable as we struggle. It will continue to be a struggle for a few seasons, but with the draft we just had the cupboards are stocked. Now the most important thing is to get those emotional pucks deep, and start building a community. I have some ideas for community-building that I hope to implement over this season and the next offseason. Stay tuned for more!

Geekusoid
I really enjoy your podcasts.  When can we expect the first MontCast?
First of all, thank you! I hope to resume the Rodcast as soon as this weekend, with a Rookie Season Retrospective for Roddy B. I had to take some steps back from league media production due to personal reasons, but as my new position clearly shows: I'm back, and feeling energized and ready to contribute.
I won't spoil too much, but there is talk of a weekly content product coming out of Montreal this season. Very exciting stuff, stay tuned for more!

NJBadApple
The overwhelming opinion on the recent MTL/BUF trade was that it was a massive overpay.  What's your reaction to this?
Although MTL is the newest franchise within the SHL, there has been little success over the first four seasons.  How does that get turned around?
What's the most unique aspect of the Montreal franchise, and how do you separate yourself from more established teams?
Where do you see your team at Season 70?

With regards to the MTL/BUF trade for the 13th OA pick it was a no-brainer. CK and I discussed things leading up to the draft and on draft day, and we decided that Shylo was out guy and we were willing to make the move to get him. I personally believe that this is the way we build for the future, and making moves like this is how we in Head Office show the players that they are valued, and we are willing to take a chance on them. Putting that kind of faith in your players and teammates is how you build chemistry, and how you build a solid community.

Montreal has been making slow, if steady improvements over its first four seasons. We are obviously not where we would like to be, and the offseason shakeup may prove to be a bit of a speedbump, but we are here to stay, and ready to fight. Our team is young, and hungry, and we're all looking toward the future with optimism. I won't speak to whether or not playoffs are in the cards for this season, but we are all on board and I think team buy-in has never been this high.

Montreal is unique in its youth. Anyone who is committed to being a career Patriote is added in to the legacy. The first generation we're seeing now are going to be the guys that awards get named after, the names that built the franchise. There is nothing but opportunity here. And a young team also means a fresh start for anyone who wants it. Re-invention and a bright future are the selling points of Montreal right now. The established teams can offer competition, and a chance to compete for a championship, but Montreal offers the chance to be a part of building something bigger than yourself. My own relationship with hockey has been rocky. I hope that anyone who comes to Montreal can feel that our team is open, accepting, and welcoming. I have no tolerance for the kind of bullying and hatred that I have seen firsthand can be part of the sport. Hockey is not yet for everyone, and it is the responsibility of all of us to make that more true every day.

Season 70 is a little ways off yet, but if we can continue the way we are going, adding quality prospects and making steady improvements each season, then we have a chance to be a competitive team by then. I won't sugarcoat it: there will be a few more disappointing seasons. Our greatest asset: youth, is also our biggest weakness. As our players grown and earn, I think Montreal will become a team that can be hard to play against, and I see us playing spoiler in Season 64. Everyone loves an underdog, and Montreal is fired up and ready to go.

03-11-2022, 04:43 PMlilstifler Wrote: What role do you see for Darzins in the team?

What do you know about Latvia?

Do you prefer experienced players?

Darzins comes to Montreal as a strong offensive forward, with plenty of firepower to contribute to scoring. I envision him getting plenty of time on the Powerplay, and being put in a position where his shot and goalscoring abilities can be best utilized.

Latvia is an underrated hockey country, produces great goaltenders (RIP Matiss) and I guess the Livonian Knights did some old timey stab murders in those parts a long time ago. 

Players experience is not a huge issue for me. Where Montreal is in its development, I believe the most important quality that our players can have now is a willigness to be part of a team, and a positive mindset. Experience players are extremely valuable in helping to create a winning hockey culture, and I hope that Darzins can be a part of that.

From slothfacekilla via Discord:
Do you have a co-gm render picked out? If so why did you pick it? 
I do not! I was planning on sticking with my Roddy B player render, since I'm still playing. Honestly I hadn't even thought about it. Writing and podcasting are my strong suits, so if someone wanted to make one for me, I would not say no!

If you could name a hot sauce after Montreal what would you name it? 
It would be Pierre E. Trudeau's Butthole Crisis. How long will you spend on the toilet afterwards? "Just watch me!"

Do you have any goals for Montreal that you want to hit in the next three or so seasons?
The goal remains the same: build a winning culture. Creating an environment where our players feel driven to earn and participate and succeed is the most important part of creating a franchise. Over the next three season I would like to see our drafted players develop and step in to roles on and off the ice, and see the team make steady progress. Our ROW has been improving each season up to this point, and that is the kind of momentum we want to keep going.

[Image: banes.png]

Whats it like being the only GM anyone likes?
How much are you gonna have to unlearn from 7?
What's your opinion on what the most important piece to start a team with is in the NHL: #1 Centre, Wing, Defence, or Goalie? Do you think the SHL is any different?
How's your spicy butthole?

There has been some turnover in prospects in MTL as a result of the hot potato GM situation. How do you convince players to come to MTL and buy into the team despite this?

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

I really enjoy your podcasts.  When can we expect the first MontCast?

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

The overwhelming opinion on the recent MTL/BUF trade was that it was a massive overpay. What's your reaction to this?
Although MTL is the newest franchise within the SHL, there has been little success over the first four seasons. How does that get turned around?
What's the most unique aspect of the Montreal franchise, and how do you separate yourself from more established teams?
Where do you see your team at Season 70?

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2022, 04:23 PM by Benpachi.)

(delete me plz)

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2022, 04:24 PM by Benpachi.)

(delete me plz)

What role do you see for Darzins in the team?

What do you know about Latvia?

Do you prefer experienced players?