Create Account

(New) Commissioner Presser

03-15-2022, 03:50 PMGeekusoid Wrote: You've come into the Commissioner role when the league is at a pivotal turning point.  There's continued rants and raves about issues of parity, player agency, regression, tpe inflation, and more.   How has your first month in the hot seat been so far.  Do you think you will still be in this role in another calendar year?  What sort of long-term projects for the league is at the forefront of your discussion?   How do you like your H.O. staff?
It’s been a busy month, lots of topics we wanted to cover simultaneously and we had a ton of positions to fill in the offseason. It’s been good though.

I would hope I’m still in this role in a calendar year! Stability is important to me so I can’t say I’ve got plans to step aside after only 5-6 seasons.

Long term I’d really love to have a fully fleshed out trading card system with thousands of unique cards. Probably a move to FHM8 somewhere along the way.

They’ve been great Smile

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

03-15-2022, 04:11 PMHenrik Wrote: What made you want to take on the commissioner role? Have you previously thought about applying at all? If so, what made you pull the trigger and apply this time?

How does it feel to walk away from Buffalo after such a long time at the head of the organisation?

Is there anything in particular that you want to tackle now that you are commissioner?
I’ve gotten a lot out of the league over the years and I felt a desire to help keep things running for many more years to come. I had applied for Commissioner once before when Eggy stepped aside.

It’s hard to convey the feeling. That job was such a big part of my life for 4 and a half years. I’m going to miss it a lot. There’s nothing quite like the experience of being a SHL GM.

Yeah I wanna tackle Gabe Johnson just give me 1 clean shot.

03-15-2022, 05:20 PMmicool132 Wrote: What would you say to 2014 WBF in regards to the SHL.

What would 2014 WBF say to 2022 WBF
I had no clue what I was doing in 2014, but I was having fun. 2022 me would probably be trying to explain things in detail while 2014 me says I’m a nerd.

03-20-2022, 11:41 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
03-15-2022, 05:20 PMmicool132 Wrote: What would you say to 2014 WBF in regards to the SHL.

What would 2014 WBF say to 2022 WBF
I had no clue what I was doing in 2014, but I was having fun. 2022 me would probably be trying to explain things in detail while 2014 me says I’m a nerd.

nerd

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

@WannabeFinn do you want this graded? If so add the questions and answers to the OP please and a grader will swing by for it next cycle.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332