Create Account

Brick's Weekly Pack Pulling - Week 3

Another week, another 21 packs to open in one sitting! Hopefully this will be the last week of mega pulling, as I put in my resignation letter to my job and then take PTO. With it being Easter weekend, let’s hope I can find a “golden egg” and finally get that first Hall of Fame card! There’s been a few new HOF cards minted since last week, so maybe we can score one of them! Fingers crossed! Let’s get to Easter Pack hunting!

Overall collection: (42 packs, 252 cards):

0 HOF
7 Diamond
6 Ruby
9 Team logos
38 Gold
78 silver
114 bronze

Pack 43:
Starting off meh with a silver, Hans Graf, and doubling up on silvers with Artemius Nystrom. And the first great “egg” of the day, a Ruby! 87 overall Daniil Nikiforov! Wish he had a bit of a better fantasy performance, but still love pulling this Ruby! Next is a logo card, my own Montreal Patriotes! We round out the pack out with silver Eddy Ask Jr. and a bronze. Can’t complain about pulling a Ruby in the first pack! (1R, 1T, 3s, 1b)

Pack 44:
A similar start this pack, with a silver in Eric Tokke. Next is the first Gold of the day, 84 overall Robert Phelps (think that’s a dupe). And then ANOTHER Ruby! This time it’s Long John Donair, 85 overall! Wow, back-to-back packs with Ruby cards. A silver follows, Andrew Martin, and then we end the pack with two bronzes. Two great packs in a row, hopefully they’ll lead to something even better! (1R, 1G, 2s, 2b)

Pack 45:
Slightly better start this pack, with a Gold in 80 overall Yuuto Kira Cloudera Jr. A young gun silver follows, in Daniel Merica Jr. A dupe silver is up next Nickolaus Klaus. AND THEN A DIAMOND. 3 fantastic packs in a row! 91 overall Adam Barron! I guess those last two packs really were leading to even better things! Let’s hope that trend continues! The pack round out with a bronze and silver Soren Kierkegaard. (1D, 1G, 3s, 1b)

Pack 46:
A bronze starts things off for this pack, followed up a run of silvers: Jean-Locke Zidane, Beau Bent, and Janne Virtanen. Two more bronzes round out the pack. A dud pack was inevitable, especially after those amazing first three packs. (3s, 3b)

Pack 47:
A worse start this pack, with two bronzes, followed by a silver Jax Duggan, and then three more bronzes. Ouch, a silver is the only thing keeping this pack from being a complete waste of $100k. We’re on to the next pack. (1s, 5b)

Pack 48:
A silver dupe starts off this pack, Yoshimitsu McCloud (dope render though), with fellow silver Jon St. Ark after. A bronze is next, and then a recently pulled silver Daniel Merica Jr arrives in tow. Two silvers finish off the pack, Renji Atake and Nolan Sawchuk. Well, at least this is trending in a better direction than the last two packs. (5s, 1b)

Pack 49:
So much for that “trending”. This pack starts off with four consecutive bronze pulls. Ouch. The pack ends with two silvers, Alexander Zajac and Aleks Blixstrom. I know we blew some of our total luck on those first three packs, but we have to be getting close to being even after this last string of packs…right? (2s, 4b)

Pack 50:
A silver start to this pack with Pasta the Turtle. A sign of improvement? A Team logo follows, season 56 Seattle Argonauts! A diverse pack here, as next is a Gold, 80 overall Nathan Explosion. Two bronze cards are pulled after, and the pack rounds out with a silver Daud Ramza. Certainly a better pack than the recent few, I’ll take it. (1T, 1G, 2s, 2b)

Pack 51:
A bronze pull starts pack 51, with a silver Chuck Crutchfield and Ivo Willems following behind. Two more bronzes and then another Team logo…but it’s Montreal again, unfortunate. All in all, a dud pack. (1T, 2s, 3b)

Pack 52:
Balls. Now that’s how a pack opening should start, as we get a Gold in 84 overall Vlad McZehrl. A second Gold follows in Sachimo Zoidberg III. A bronze interrupts the festivities, but things get right back on track with a Ruby! 85 overall Ray Bork! Finally, we’re back out of the bronze age and back into the Ruby age! A bronze follows, and then ANOTHER Ruby! I wasn’t kidding with that Ruby age comment! 85 overall Commander Shepard. Four Ruby cards so far, what a day! (2R, 2G, 2b)

Pack 53:
I like how this pack starts, with a Gold in 83 overall Nick Connolly. Two bronze cards follow and then a silver dupe in Samee Iqbal. But then a new Team logo is pulled, the season 46 Chicago Syndicate card! And finally, another Gold, 83 overall Vlastislav Malik. Not a bad pack, these are the kind of packs I like to see when I’m not pulling any of the rarer cards.       (1T, 2G, 1s, 2b)

Pack 54:
Two silvers start off this pack, with Alek Koivu and Brian Davenport. Throw out the bronze and then we get another Gold, 83 overall Samat Beibitzhanov. One more bronze and then a second Gold to end the pack, 82 overall Vivian LeBlanc. Decent pack here. (2G, 2s, 2b)

Pack 55:
A bronze to start off the pack AND THEN ANOTHER RUBY!...but it’s a duplicate…85 overall Ray Bork. Well, at least that’ll be good trade bait for the future. Two more bronzes and then another Gold dupe in (clean). Pack rounds out with Skao Anazibf. Would have been another terrific pack if not for the dupes. (1R, 1G, 1s, 3b)

Pack 56:
This pack starts off with a Gold, 83 overall Slava Petrov. Two bronzes occur next, and then a dupe in silver Granny Panpan. Next is ANOTHER Ruby! And no dupe this time! 86 overall Ola Wagstrom! A Gold Anders Christiansen, 84 overall finishes the pack. Had to double check, but yes, that Ruby was an original as I thought. It’s a Ruby card day, it seems! (1R, 2G, 1s, 2b)

Pack 57:
Three bronze pulls to start the pack makes me want to just burn the whole thing. A Gold pull keeps me sane, in 81 overall Calogero Crudelli. Two silvers finish the pack, Axel Meszaros and Elwulf Jericson. Glad this pack finished better than it started. (1G, 2s, 3b)

Pack 58:
Another bronze start to this pack, but then a Team logo! The season 58 Los Angeles Panthers! A Gold dupe in Sachimo Zoidberg III next, followed up by a run of three silvers: Lassi Suhonen, High Haschdi, and Danny Foster. A solid pack. (1T, 1G, 3s, 1b)

Pack 59:
We start off with a silver dupe in Jean-Locke Zidane, followed by another Team logo, the season 37 Seattle Riot! Two silvers in Jst Maro and Nolan Sawchuk (dupe) follow, and then after a bronze, a second Team logo! The season 58 Calgary Dragons! I’m a sucker for Team logos, so I like this pack. (2T, 3s, 1b)

Pack 60:
A silver dupe starts off this pack with Alexis Saint-Michael, and then two bronze cards. I believe a Gold dupe is next in 83 overall Jean-Paul Boivin, and then a Team logo! The season 58 Winnipeg Aurora! And then the pack ends WITH A RUBY! 85 overall Harvey Danger! The Ruby age continues! (1R, 1T, 1G, 1s, 2b)

Pack 61:
Another silver pack start, with Dogwood Maple. A bronze is next, and then a Gold in 83 overall Tibuk Soonika. A silver Alek Koivu shows up again, and then the exact same bronze card shows up twice in a row to end the pack. I guess a bonus point for the unlikeliness of that. (1G, 2s, 3b)

Pack 62:
Second-to-last pack of the day/week. Still no HOF cards, but a ton of Ruby cards. How about one more? The pack starts off with Chris York, 85 overall but unfortunately a duplicate. A silver is next, and it’s one of my favorite player names: Makrus “The Tater” Jager. A bronze follows and then a silver Phillip Weaver. Two bronze cards end the pack. Can’t be disappointed with a Ruby, even if it’s a duplicate. (1R, 2s, 3b)

Pack 63:
120 cards down. Only 6 to go. The odds for my first HOF aren’t looking good here. A silver in Rocco Berni starts off the pack. Another silver follows in Maxim Horvat. The next two cards are the exact same bronze card again! A different bronze card this time, but seriously, what are the odds of that? A silver card in the fifth slot in Matej Winters. One more card… and it’s…a bronze. Cue the Price is Wrong music. (3s, 3b)

Well, the packs certainly had a theme this week, and it was Ruby. It was nice to sneak a Diamond and some Team logos in there as well. But as I approach 400 cards pulled (378 to be precise), it’s getting a bit demoralizing to not have any HOF cards, especially with some users already having three! But that’s RNG for you. Better luck next week, I hope.

This week’s packs summary:

0 HOF
1 Diamond
8 Ruby
8 Team logos
16 Gold
44 silver
49 bronze

Overall Collection (63 packs, 378 cards):

0 HOF
8 Diamond
14 Ruby