Create Account

Brick's Weekly Pack Pulling - Week 4

Well, so much for opening packs daily. Even with most of this week off, I was so busy with errands and the like that I am just getting to open packs today. At least I’ll have two separate openings this week! I’m still on the hunt for my first Hall of Fame card. With a 0.15% chance per card, I’m approaching the point where, statistically, one would have a more-likely-than-not chance of having pulled a HOF card (that number is 462 cards). Having already pulled 378 cards, that means the odds say I should pull a HOF today (bit of a Gambler’s fallacy there). Simpler terms? 50% chance I pull a HOF card today, 50% I don’t, easy.

Overall Collection (63 packs, 378 cards):
0 HOF
8 Diamond
14 Ruby
17 Team logos
54 Gold
122 silver
163 bronze

Pack 64:
We start the day off with a silver, Danny C (is that a Brock Holt render? Sick!). A bronze follows suit, and then a DIAMOND! Starting off hot today! 88 overall Jonas Kahnwald. A silver Sekai Wollker is next, and then a Gold in 84 overall Joseph Fantobens. A bronze finishes the pack. A great pack to start the day, but Diamond isn’t as high as we’re aiming! (1D, 1G, 2s, 2b)

Pack 65:
All aboard the silver express, as four straight silvers open this pack: Kaspars Tsizling, Cale Amundsen, Alexander Zajac, and Petr Mikulak. A bronze c-c-c-combo breaks things, but then a silver Noah Tedla ends the pack. Would have loved an entirely silver pack. (5s, 1b)

Pack 66:
Silver start number three, with Josh Dolphin followed by Jmac Ncheese. A Gold Jean-Paul Boivin follows, 83 overall. And next is a Team logo, the season 41 Texas Renegades! Two bronze cards round out the pack. Always enjoy getting a new Team logo! (1T, 1G, 2s, 2b)

Pack 67:
Another silver start, this time with Axel Meszaros. A bronze follows, and then another silver in Robert Black. And then a RUBY! The first of the day, 85 overall Piotr Czerkawski! AND THEN A DIAMOND FOLLOWS THAT! 91 overall Magnus Liljestrom! What a pack! And still one card to pull! And it’s a Gold dupe, 81 overall Sachimo Zoidberg III. A Ruby and Diamond back-to-back, what a pull! (1D, 1R, 1G, 2s, 1b)

Pack 68:
Silver start, it’s all I know. A silver dupe in Kaspars Tsizling to start, followed by a bronze and then 83 overall Gold Connor Tanner. Three consecutive bronze cards finish pack. I was due for a weak pack sooner rather than later. (1G, 1s, 4b)

Pack 69:
Nice. Not nice is the three consecutive bronze cards to start the pack. 83 overall Gold Hercules Rockefeler breaks up that skid, and then after another bronze, a DIAMOND! 90 overall William Hartmann! What a day for Diamonds! (1D, 1G, 4b)

Pack 70:
Two bronze cards start off this pack, and then the stinkiest card ever is pulled: a Gold 80 overall Nour Harrak. Two bronze cards and a silver dupe in Pasta the Turtle finish the pack. I totally blame nour for this pack sucking. (1G, 1s, 4b)

Pack 71:
It’s like I spit in the face of fate with the last pack comments. Four straight bronze cards start this pack, only to be broken up by a Gold 83 overall #A-Rye Izzy. A silver Gregory Goode rounds out the pack. Four straight packs with four bronze cards, ouch. (1G, 1s, 4b)

Pack 72:
Back to the silver start, this time with Fleetway Super Sonic, followed by Stan Din’Desque (hi Infi!). And then the bronze train rolls, with four consecutive bronze cards to finish the pack. Five straight packs with four bronze cards. The skid continues. (2s, 4b)

Pack 73:
The silver start continues, although it’s with two silver dupes in Yoshimitsu McCloud and Alex Koivu. And the bronze skid rears it’s fat ugly head again, as four bronze cards end the pack. Is this just banking card karma for a HOF? Please? Six straight packs with four bronze cards. (2s, 4b)

Pack 74:
Silver start train keeps rolling, with Ty Murphy. A bronze comes up next, and then a RUBY! 86 overall Jon Toner! Glad to see something good pop up again! Two silvers pop up next, Daedalus James and Axel Meszaros, and a bronze ends the pack. Finally, the bronze skid dies. (1R, 3s, 2b)

Pack 75:
Choo-choo, silver start keeps rolling, with two silvers in Skao Anazibf and Matej Winters. After a bronze, two more silvers in Soren Kierkegaard and Brock Nuck, with a bronze card to end the pack. As meh as you can get. (4s, 2b)

Pack 76:
Silver start train has crashed. A bronze starts things off, followed by silver Brian Morley, and then Gold 83 overall Samat Beibitzhanov. Two bronze cards sandwich a silver Kenny Creller to end the pack. (1G, 2s, 3b)

Pack 77:
Well, this is it. It is at the end of seventy-seven packs that you’d expect a 0.15% chance type of card to show up. Will I squeeze into expectations at the last possible moment? Or will I be left on the outside of the bell curve looking in and officially be unlucky? Let’s find out. You have got to be kidding me. Five. Straight. Bronze. Cards. Five bronze cards start off the pack. This is the part in a movie where I’d look defeated, but then I’d get some kind of good energy vibe from the last card and slowly turn it over to reveal a glowing HOF card that was just waiting for me. But instead, I pull a sixth fucking bronze. I guess that answers the question about where my luck sits. Quick calculation says the chances of pulling six bronze cards in one pack is 0.83%, just over 5.5 times more likely than pulling a HOF card. I should burn this pack. (6b)

Pack 78:
Two silvers start off this pack, Joln Dubolk (with slashes through the O’s but I don’t know how to type those) and Lassi Suhonen. And then four more bronze cards. Card gods, please. How many bronze sacrifices do you need? (2s, 4b)

Pack 79:
Two more silvers to start off this pack, with Jst Maro and Daedalus James. A Ruby follows next, but unfortunately, it’s a duplicate in 85 overall Parker Smeb. A bronze-silver-bronze sandwich ends the pack, with the silver being Daniel Merica Jr. Dupe heavy packs are never fun. (1R, 3s, 2b)

Pack 80:
Bronze pulls will continue until morale improves. Four consecutive bronzes to start this pack, only to be interrupted by a dupe silver in Cynthia Taylor. A Team logo ends the pack, but it’s a dupe in season 1 Winnipeg Jets. Yay. (1T, 1s, 4b)

Pack 81:
Last pack of the day, and the garbage continues to flow. A silver Alex Marshall starts the pack, and after a bronze and another silver in Petr Mikulak, three more bronze cards end the pack. Yet another damn four bronze pack. Can’t catch a break. That’s it for today’s pack openings. I’ll be opening the final three packs of the week tomorrow, but I’m not too optimistic. I don’t see a HOF card getting any closer to my grasp. (2s, 4b).

Pack 82:
Back on a Sunday to finish off the last three packs of the week. Not feeling too optimistic after the latest string of packs, but maybe a change of fortune is due. This pack starts off with a bronze, and then a DIAMOND! Change of fortune indeed, with 90 overall Akira Ren. Back-to-back silvers follow, with Joln Dubolk again and Rick James. A bronze and a silver Jimmy Jimmy finish the pack. At least we got something good for a change! (1D, 3s, 2b)

Pack 83:
The penultimate pack starts off with a silver in Beau Bent, and then a Team logo, the season 26 Minnesota Chiefs! Another silver comes next in Sulak O’Hritea, followed by a Gold, Evangelos Giannopoulos, 81 overall. AND THEN ANOTHER DIAMOND! This time it’s 90 overall Ryosuke Sato! And then, an all 5’s bronze to finish off the pack. Diamonds in two straight packs; not the HOF we want, but definitely something to smile about. (1D, 1T, 1G, 2s, 1b)

Pack 84:
The final pack of the week, can I get a buzzer beater HOF card, or will my hopes be dashed for a 4th straight week? Probably the latter, but here we go! Jimmy Jimmy pops up again as the pack starts off with two silver dupes, the other being Golden Face. A Gold Sean Gatez follows, at 84 overall. Another 84 overall Gold to boot, this time it’s Delver Fudgeson. A bronze card in the fifth spot, and the final card of the week is…another bronze. The chase for a HOF card will continue into next week. (2G, 2s, 2b)

It's hard to look at all the Diamond pulls I had this week and say it was a bad week, but it’s certainly disheartening to still not have a HOF card at this point. Not great to be on the “unlucky” side of the statistics. There’s always next week though, right?

This week’s packs summary:
0 HOF
5 Diamond
3 Ruby
3 Team logos
11 Gold
42 silver
62 bronze

Overall Collection (84 packs, 504 cards):
0 HOF
13 Diamond
17 Ruby
20 Team logos
65 Gold
164 silver
225 bronze

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

give me some of that luck, pls n thxs

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]