Create Account

S65 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread

SMJHL HO Questions
- Player Name: Alvin Towne
- Position: Goalie
- Recreate or First-Gen? Recreate
- Recreates: Who was your last player? Adrian Ayers
- First-Gens: How did you find the site? 
- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Gordie#6746

SMJHL GMs Questions

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)
I’m visiting the site every day. Fulltime job, so mostly online in the weekends.

- Is water wet?
Yes, unless you freeze or boil it

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team?
Playing time, build for success.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?
It really depends on the teams need, both SHL/SMJHL. I don’t have it set in stone for myself.

- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team?
Yes, although the rebuild should not take years to finish

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league?
No

- How do you feel about walruses?
They are loud.

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional. 
Detroit Red Wings winning there first Cup in the nineties

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately?
Playing hockey games, like hockey-nation

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included)
Tough one, i am not a book reader. The only book i bought was about the history of Dutch Hockey, i liked it.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?
Growing Activity

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why?
MtG, no Pokemon

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role?
As a goalie i would say defensive Wink

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?
I don’t discriminate, i like all dogs!

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

- Player Name: Alisters Vismanis

- Position: LW

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Asclepius Perseus Flitterwind

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): CaptainCrazy#8809

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) 20+

- Is water wet? Yes

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team? I want to have a good playing time and a friendly locker room!

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? A long and successful career as a junior player.

- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team? Yes, that would actually be pretty nice for a rookie.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? No, but Kelowna was my first player's Justs Sirmais team.

- How do you feel about walruses? I like their teeth.

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional. Latvia beating Canada in world championships 2021 in Riga.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Watching tennis a lot.

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) Jana Egle "Dzimšanas Diena". It's a great story book about many real life problems.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? Winning titles and having a successful career.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Pikachu because it's cool.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? Offensive forward who can score goals and give assists.

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? Yorkshire terrier because I would be able to sleep all day long and do nothing.

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

- Player Name: Pyotr Gallen
- Position: Right Wing
- Recreate or First-Gen?: Recreate
- Recreates: Who was your last player?: Jan Zacha
- First-Gens: How did you find the site?:
- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): StaticShocked#1985

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.): It usually depends on my work schedule, but most of the time I have at least 6+ hours free to check up on stuff.
- Is water wet?: That depends, is Die Hard a Christmas movie?
- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team?: I'm hoping to go to an SMJHL team where I can make an immediate impact and help push a team towards a championship.
- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?: I don't mind staying down in the J for the full four seasons. Whatever the GM of the SHL team that drafts me thinks is best for my development!
- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team?: Yup! I'm not picky with where I go.
- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league?: Is this Kelowna propaganda? (Yes I have)
- How do you feel about walruses?: Walruses are neat, my favorite walrus is Jamie Hyneman.
- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional.: Adam Henrique's OT GWG in the 2012 Eastern Conference Finals to send the Devils to the Stanley Cup Finals! Oh, happy times Cry
- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately?: I've started to edit a podcast a couple of my friends started, along with my usual hobbies of watching sports.
- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): It's been a while since I've sat down to read a book, but I think my favorite series was the Harry Potter series. (JK Rowling is a piece of human garbage.)
- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: I think the ability to mesh within a locker room and really get to know people was one of my favorite experiences in the league. It's always good to have a sense of cohesion with your teammates.
- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why?: Easy, Ampharos. Look at it. It's friend shaped!
- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role?: I'm currently trying to build a sniper since my last two builds were primarily defensive focused. If the team needs, I can always try and mold myself into a two-way player.
- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: Corgi!

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

- Player Name: Flackoveli Lagerfeld

- Position: RW

- Who was your last player? Greek Guy (S56?) 

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): jss#3391

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) 4?

- Is water wet? No

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team? Good GM.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? Be good.

- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team? Ok.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? Oui.

- How do you feel about walruses? I like Gil Lemar.

- What is your favorite hockey memory? Sens being good

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Lifting weights so your mother doesn't feel fat at night

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) Diary of whimpy kid

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? annoying the steelahwks discord

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Pipulp a

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? connor mcdavid but actually good

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? whatever nash is

[Image: 3.png]

- Player Name: Edward Elric

- Position: G

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Jack Kanoff

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Jeffrey420#0001

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) 
6+

- Is water wet? 

Yes

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team? 
I just want to have a good time, hopefully win a cup or two but that’s definitely much less important than me having fun and enjoying my time getting to know people.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? 
I don’t really mind staying down long or having a short career in the J, I’ll leave it up to my SHL GM to decide.

I’m really only interested in playing for NL/Anchorage but if another team wants to take a chance on me, go ahead!

Yes, but I am Canadian, so that may be why

They’re cool, giant dudes but seem pretty chill

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional. 
Watching every Ovi shot from the face-off dot (You know what I mean)

Getting into statistics and data science to be honest

My personal favourite is probably The Eleventh Commandment by Jeffrey Archer. It was one of the more advanced books I read when I was younger but it seemed very easy to understand and I also enjoyed how the action scenes were depicted.

Having a good time and making new friends.

Blaziken, they just look so cool.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role?
A very goalying goalie

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?
Shiba Inu, I just like them tbh. My friends called me a shitzu but I don’t like the name so Shiba it is

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2022, 06:31 PM by Poopmonster666. Edited 2 times in total.)

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2022, 06:40 PM by Poopmonster666. Edited 2 times in total. Edit Reason: formatting )

SMJHL HO Questions (5 questions):

- Player Name: Ged Sparrowhawk

- Position: Right Defense

- Recreate or First-Gen?: First-Gen

- First-Gens: How did you find the site?: reddit.com/r/devils

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Ulysses#6279

SMJHL GMs Questions (14 questions):

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.): 1-3

- Is water wet?: I have faith that it is.

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team?: Being new to the league, I am looking for a team willing to help me get on my feet and set me up for an illustrious career.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?: Everything happens in due time. I want to focus on the task at hand which is to be the best player possible in the team I'm in. If I do that, I will get called to the big leagues at precisely the right time.

- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team?: Fuckin' A!

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league?: Dude, I live in Kelowna!

- How do you feel about walruses? Did you know walruses can whistle?

Played goal in my small town. Once let in 7 goals on 69 shots. Was a good night.

I read a lot. Been sharpening knives. And I have been watching Star Trek Voyager. It's hilariously terrible. I read comic books. I have a podcast about music.

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): Divine Comedy by Dante

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? People being nice to each other and helping each other out.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? You younguns and your pokey mans! Get off my lawn!

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? Defense, defense and more defense!

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? Pomeranian. Descendants of huskies, unconditionally loving. Cute as all get out!

- Player Name: Philiippe-Eko Eel

- Position: D

- Recreate or First-Gen? reke

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Eko van Otter

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): hotdog#5903

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) too many and yet also not enough

- Is water wet? yeah!

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team? I am looking for the team to be Anchorage!

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? whenever whatever team drafts me needs me up!

- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team? sure!

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? yeah!

- How do you feel about walruses? they're super cool

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional. bruins winning stanley cup!

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? just got a puppy so that's been my life.......

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) The Stranger

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? homies

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? lickitung - it's very funny

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? whatever my team needs!

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? dachshund because i am a TUBE

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

- Player Name: Tommi Koivu

- Position: Defenseman

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Rotticus Scott

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Rotti#0001

Code:

Code:
- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) a lot idk like 24

- Is water wet? yes

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team? fun times and cool things 

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? Id like to win awards or cups

- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team? yes

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? no
- How do you feel about walruses? good my backup gm is named walrus walrus

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional. winning my first cup with hammy, or winning the finals against LAP

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Candles unironically

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) Animal farm is my favorite book i think.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? My support keeping me safe through the laning phase and making sure I maximize my CS

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Dialga cause he is absolutely sick.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? Defensive defenseman

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? Husky I dont shut up and Im an idiot past 10 PM

[Image: rotti.gif]

- Player Name: Pablo Pombo

- Position: RD

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Kentaro Kikuchi

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Yagoyi#8921

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) 63

- Is water wet? no

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team? chill vibes

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? spending all 4 years in the J

- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team? yes but may request trade 4th-year if not competitive by then

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? kelowna rockets

- How do you feel about walruses? cute

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional. i met my girlfriend playing hockey!!! it was a co-ed league, but few women played. whenever one joined, they'd get hit on by like 20+ dudes. except when they were really bad. nobody wanted to help the girl who was really bad. i was also a league loner, so i started practicing with her, we started talking outside of hockey, and we became an epic one-two punch duo Smile

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? photography and gaming are the big ones, and im currently watching the latest season of Survivor!! (loving it)

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, such a poetic book with a lot of hidden meanings and patterns!!

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? unconditional (regarding activity level) support/friendliness

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? squirtle bc uhh idk first one that came to mind

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? defensive defenseman

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? border collie bc big brain

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]

Player Name: Nikolai Skovgaard

- Position: Defense

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Alexander Roach

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Faelax#2170

-How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) Y’all have free time?

- Is water wet? Yes

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team? I’d like to have fun but winning is also cool

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? See my last response 

- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team? Rebuilding is lame 

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? What’s a Kelowna? 

- How do you feel about walruses? I feel nothing in regards to Walruses

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional. I was at game 4 of the Blue Jackets sweep of the Lightning in the 2019 playoffs, gonna be hard to top that one

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Warhammer 40k has been my obsession lately 

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) I think my favorite series I have ever read is still the Lord of the Rings

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league? Fun people 

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? I love Flygon. It was my very first shiny Pokémon I ever caught and I still have it in my Pokémon bank 

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? Big two way defenseman

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? My favorite dog breed is the English Springer Spaniel. All the fun and energy of a Golden Retriever with none of the shedding 

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

- Player Name:
Johnny Mercer

- Position:
RD

- Recreate or First-Gen?
Recreate

- Recreates: Who was your last player?
Mikhail Novikov

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? Reddit

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers):
crutch#1738

I usually check the site about 2-3 times a day.

- Is water wet?
Not as wet as i am.

I hope for a good LR

Ideally, winning a four star cup or two, but just developing nicely over the next 2-3 seasons.

Any team is fine with me.

Please change this question it has been the same for 3 years.

They're fine.

When the Vancouver Canucks named Henrik Sedin captain in 2011. I cried.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? N
streaming / music / hockey.

I liked Fight Club.

Definitely the people.

Onix because it's a badass lookin rock snake.

Hopefully can be a little more offensive minded, hoping to build a powerplay quarterback but we'll see how she goes.

Probably a derpy one

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

- Player Name: Samuel Piccard

- Position: Goalie

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Sebastian Weiss

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? N/A

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): dyIan#9691

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) maybe 70?

- Is water wet? No

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team? Someone who wants to sign me

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? Will probably sit on the bench a while and then maybe get to play. Would also like my own hat to wear while being backup.

- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team? Yes

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? Yes

- How do you feel about walruses? As long as its not Watermelon Walrus, they're fine.

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional. I went to a hockey game and the scariest looking mascot ever tried to high five me so I ran away.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Riding buses.

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) Lingo. Really interesting stuff.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? Having fun in a league.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Cubchoo. It is so cute and its the n-ice-st pokemon.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? Goalie build.

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? Sausage dog so I can become a hotdog.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2022, 11:19 AM by Froste39. Edited 3 times in total.)

- Player Name:

Domink Froste

- Position:

Left Wing

- Recreate or First-Gen?

First-Gen

- Who was your last player?

None

Reddit via the Ducks subreddit.

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers):

Froste#3722

Usually every evening after work, with exceptions.

- Is water wet?

No, but everything water touches will be.

Fun times, rookie help. A non-toxic environment.

Hard to say, since I don't know yet, what to expect and what would be the right choice. Basically I like to do as well as possible and hold myself to that standard.

I am open to every team, as long as the chemistry is right and the people there have taken an interest in me.

l am from Europe I haven't heard of a lot of SHL cities before.

They murder penguins. F*ck them.

- What is your favorite hockey memory?

My hometown team winning the national league in 2010.

Definetely gaming. MMO's and strategy games mostly.

Too many good books out there. The Percy Jackson series shaped my childhood though and will always hold a special place in my heart.

Fun people and having the feeling of "progress", that you are getting somewhere. Also not being left out, because basically everyone else is "smurfing".

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Blastoise.

A turtle with water cannons? How is this even a competition?

Mixture of Power Forward and Perimeter Shooter. Mind and Accuracy over Speed.

Yorkshire Terrier. I never intended to get one (eyed for a Golden Retriever), but I was won over by my wife and will protect this cute little fluffball with my life now.

[Image: Nevada-Froste.jpg][Image: froste.png]
Signatures by myself and Ragnar

- Player Name: Otis Boudreaux

- Position: RW

- Recreate or First-Gen? First Gen

- Recreates: Who was your last player?

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? I was referred by Shylo

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Jess0664#5354

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) I work from about 8 until 5, M-F, the rest is mine, lol

- Is water wet? oh, a philosophical question, the answer is within the question my friend

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team? A good experience. I know that is cliche, but I want to enjoy my experience. I want to be part of an organization that enjoys itself, but realizes that not everything deserves to spiral into a humorous situation

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? I want to be called up when I am ready and needed. If that makes sense

- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team? Sure, why not

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? no

- How do you feel about walruses? As we have seen with old long haired gamers, they have a place in the world, so rock on dude!

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional. I hope getting drafted in the SMJHL draft!

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? I love to read, and yes, game

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) I am a history nerd and I study WW2, so I have to say Rise and Fall of the 3rd Reich by William Shirer

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? Enjoying yourself in whatever way you define it.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? I know nothing about Pokemon

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? I want to lead the league in assists

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? English Bulldog. They are ugly, functional and people still want them around

Otis "The Irish Kid" Boudreaux
RW - Quebec City Citadelles - S66