Create Account

S65 mPT #2: Slang

The newest hockey slang word that I have heard lately is a "tangle".  So a player is known to tangle when he tries to dangle and totally blows it.  Getting tangled up with his own arms and legs.

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]

Pokies - The art of poking a player on the opposing team with your stick until they retaliate in the hopes of them receiving a penalty.
Hey Fantobens, give number 22 some pokies, we could use a power play.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

The FHMer: when a team scores in the last few seconds of a game to tie it and then wins in overtime

"Man I actually thought we would win that game but it was a FHMer"

I dunno I'm not good at this

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Making a pizza, when your defender tries an opening pass and it lands on the stick of an opponent for the 1:1 against the goalie. We better hope it will not end in a goal.

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page

the @Zombiewolf - just be an incredible guy and have really pretty eyes and be super sweet and handsome all the time.

"That zombiewolf is a real zombiewolf, I tell you what"

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Wet Wet means water. So if your line mates ask for some wet wet toss them a bottle. You and your mates need to stay hydrated

[Image: ykvg72u.png]
[Image: kcP9WEd.png]
Professional frogposter
Electric lettuce enthusiast

Easy, a prancey it’s kinda like a prancer because when they skate they bounce around, you know who I’m taking about. Like let’s be real every team has one of those skaters that kinda bounces when they skate on their team. Right?

[Image: Don-Juan.png]
Don Juan S65 shl draftee, Tampa Bay Barracuda. Regina Elk send down.

The Gorkinbork, when a player slides into the post and a rather unfortunate spot hits said post. Alternative nickname for this is the Postsmasher, which is just more descriptive but somehow twice as nasty.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

Oh my gosh this one is a toughie! I don't even know any hockey slang to know if I am copying something preexisting or properly making something new or not. Can I just use whomps from Recess which stands in as a sort of general unpleasantness? More people should use that. Agoobwah from Boy Meets World that means something so bad that there was not previously a word to describe it.

Going to make it new with Hawbooga for when something just happened that is so amazing that you cannot properly describe it with the adjectives that you know. Like having a hat trick five point game when you did not even know how many people are supposed to be on the ice at one time leading into your career. Does that work?

Code:
Word Count: 133

Newest slang is "Haschdi". That refers to an awesome hockey player with no weaknesses that should win all the cups and awards, because he's just so damn good

[Image: Haschdi.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2022, 10:53 PM by Sburbine. Edited 1 time in total.)

glockey - when you purposely shoot the puck at players instead of at the net with the intent of taking them out of the game. "Hit him with the glockey so we can take out their best player"

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

Clanglelbuck - this si a move when two defenders hit you in the gut at the same time, and the goalie comes out to clear the puck to set up a goal

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

Fizzle my sizzle, a common slang word used in the hockey scene means when a equipment coach is handing out a player their energy boost gel. If a player is in need of a boost, he slams out to his coach "fizzle my sizzle, my dude"

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Being “stubbed” is when you shoot the puck and it hits the side of the net. No shot on goal, not even the satisfying ping off the post or crossbar, just nothing as the puck bounces harmlessy off the webbing. What a buzz kill!

[Image: kezia-elk4-smol.png]
sig by me (:

Kezia MacKenzie - LW - Regina Elk - Atlanta Inferno
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2022, 05:56 AM by Memento Mori. Edited 1 time in total.)

Slang, when understood by both parties, is often used to confer membership of a social group. In that spirit, I present "hockeyge". Those who know, understand that this word simply refers to the sport of hockey, but the suffix confers additional meaning about friendship.

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]