Create Account

S65 PT #3: The Pest Around

Prompt 2

Well let me tell you, it really depends on the action that is taken to annoy people. We had one guy on our hockey team, and every game he would squirt water down peoples back on the bench. Now let me tell you, if it is at the end of the game it does not matter much. But right at the start of the game? Come on, there is no need for that. Things like snowing the goalie is obviously another annoying one, but there is no stopping that and you can do it right back to the opposing teams goalie so I am okay with that. In general I am not a fan of the pest player type or role. But at the same time, every team loves to have a good pest on their team to annoy the other team. I would never see myself playing the pest role, other then needless pranks which cause a good laugh.

160 words

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

B Jobin is a goalie so his opportunities to be a pest, compared to his peers who are skaters, are far more limited, but in a lopsided game, he is not stranger to stirring up a bit of mischief to get under the opposing team's skin and throw them off their game. You could say that B Jobin partakes in a wee bit of tomfoolery when the situation calls for it. Now mind you he isn't always down to clown so to speak, causing trouble is not something he'll always do, but you gotta do what you gotta do. He's been known to throw out the occasional joke about an opposing player's mother after the whistle, love tap opposing players with his stick as they circle his net, and every now and then he'll grab his water bottle and pour some of the water down someone's back during scuffles in front of his net. Now the real question is, does he enjoy doing this? I'll tell you what, he doesn't NOT enjoy it, if you catch my drift.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2022, 09:16 PM by Tylar.)

Liam Slate is not really a pest. If anything during the faceoffs he would chat with the opposing player about how sad he was and talking about being sad. Saying "sad" whenever his team loses a face-off. This may agitate some opponents although it is not on purpose. Liam Slate of the Seattle Argonauts franchise tends to be a overall kind player but people may find him annoying with his constant sadness which is unintended to be pest like. Some other conversations that sometimes gets under the oppositions skin that is unintentional is when Liam Slate of the Seattle Argonauts talks to opponents about ketchup pasta. Ketchup pasta is a controversial dish as many people think it is disgusting but Liam Slate of the Seattle Argonauts enjoys it and likes to talk about it. It could get under opponents skin. Overall Liam Slate of the Seattle Argonauts is not that pest like intentionally but some players may get irritated on the ice with him.

(160 Words)

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Mischief has a place in the game of hockey. While it can be annoying, hockey is all about knocking your opponent off balance. making them lose their poise and confidence. Being a pest is a huge part of the game. While watching people score a ton of goals would be fun. Part of the strategy is getting your opponents to start doubting themselves. Whether that is pestering them with snowing their goalie and just being generally annoying. Now I would not go as far as to licking opponents. We all know that is nasty and a certain team from Mass. does support those kinds of plays. Those have no place in the game of hockey though. The rest is all fair game and some players thrive in that agitator role. Look at players like Darcy Tucker, Sean Avery, Dale Hunter, Ken Linseman and Matthew Barnaby. They made their whole career playing this type of hockey and who are we to say it has no place.

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

I think the whole thing of squirting water into gloves and chirping at each other is for the most part harmless fun. It shows that hockey players are still having fun out there and are fully recognizing that they are adults playing a game for a living. Its only when it goes past that when I see it as unsportsmanlike. Punching or shoving or licking someone because they had a creative chirp tells me they are too hot headed and have lost perspective of whats actually happening out there. I am 100% here for some solid back and forth shit talking though. Creative insults are just *Chefs Kiss* perfect. I can only hope that shows like Letterkenny and Shoresy have inspired the already creative chirpers to up their game when insulting another player. Chirps like “Your life’s so pathetic, I get a Canadian tax credit just for spending time with you, ya fuckin’ loser!” or “Fuck, lemony snicket, what a series of unfortunate events you fuckin’ been through, you ugly fuck.” or Your life’s so fucking pathetic, I ran a charity 15k to raise awareness for it.” are just perfect.

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player

Hockey prompt

I absolutely think there’s a place in hockey for stuff like that. It might not be the most glamorous way to play the game, but I honestly think you have to respect the type of player who can get under an opponents skin just by doing those kinds of things, and it can go a long way to deciding the outcome of a game when you have players who are able to have the type of impact against the other team. I think it’s something that’s been around for a long time, and it definitely speaks to the kind of grit that differentiates hockey as a sport from all the others. I always enjoy watching the skilful players most but you can’t deny that there’s a place in the game for pest type players, and if they’re able to make up for being lesser skilled by winding up their opponents, more power to them in my opinion.

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Player Prompt
As the league’s smallest but fiercest punishing defenseman, I draw upon my expertise in verbal jousting to get under their skin. I act like a rabid chihuahua and hack and slash at their ankles as they try to gain offensive positioning in our zone. We may be defeated on the scoreboard, but I will make sure that they know that if they expect to come away with two points in every game against us, it will come with a physical price. I want them to think twice before planting their rear ends in front of our goaltender. I want them to associate the act of trying to tip the puck in the slot with overall body soreness.
However, I fail to see that this is a logical hypothetical situation, as the Yukon Malamutes have no rivals. We’re friends with everyone, and everyone loves us. Now, the losing part is certainly a possibility, however.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2022, 12:03 PM by CrazyMojito. Edited 2 times in total.)

HOCKEY PROMPT

I don't know much about other sports but when it comes to hockey I don't think anyone would say no to having a player like Marchand, Gallagher, the Tkachuks, or even a Tom Wilson on their team.These are players that can absolutely get under the skin of their opponents and can really change the tide and possibly the outcome of games. All are super skilled players that know how to toe the line and you as a fan hate seeing them do it against your team. The problem is these players also cross the line which can leave their team shorthanded and hurt their chances of winning.

The pest role has always had its place in hockey and generally teams that go on to win the Stanley Cup have at least one on their team. You look at a guy like Claude Lemieux who went on to win the Conn Smythe as the playoff MVP during one of the Devils cup runs.

All in all, I think its good for the sport so long as their antics don't result in further escalation and someone ends up getting hurt because of it.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

PLAYER PROMPT

Walton Stromberg for the most part is a gentleman on the ice. Does not really matter if his team is winning or losing, he will not be doing anything questionable to get under anyone's skin. But if someone on the opposing team does something that is totally scummy uncalled for, it is on. Walton's tricks are a bit out of the box. Walton comes rubbing your face with his glove after a whistle and guess what? The outside of the gloves has been drizzled with some super stinky fermented fish juice. He may also have that same juice in his fake water bottle, that he sprays on the opposing team from the bench. He also has rigged the home arena's wi-fi network so that he can gain access to away bench tablets. So if needed, Walton can control from the bench what the opposing team sees from the tablets when they try to see replays from the game. Usually he makes the tablets instead of in-game footage show a highlight video he made of his own goals. Fun to watch, but probably useless for you.

[Image: sulov.gif]

Player Prompt

As a big and physical defender, opponents have always assumed I am slow of foot. One of my biggest joys is shutting down small forwards who think they can skate circles around me; especially when I use my stick or skating to do it. The little guys think I will either be a statue and get turned around or I will go for a terrible hit and they can burn me that way. I try to play with an edge because I believe that I can wear down opponents with my punishing style. I will finish hits, maybe even a little late, I will make your stay in the slot very uncomfortable and I will make sure you don't go into the corners and come out feeling fresh. I pride myself on being very difficult to play against and while I do my best to not run my mouth, I do want people thinking of me. If we are losing and the opponents are laughing like they are on a picnic, I know my coach and my teammates are counting on me to wipe the smiles off their faces.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

I think being somewhat annoying has its place, but dumping water into gloves and snowing goalies is excessive. I'm not a big fan of players doing these types of things, but I understand why they do it. I enjoy how hockey is becoming more focused on skill and I'd rather see teams be clean between whistles than be annoying and trying to start something. To me pests are exactly that, pests. Chippy behaviour and players being annoying or downright a dick isn't something I find very fun. I think chirping is fine within reason, but anything else is a bit much. Things like removing another player's helmet, messing with their equipment in any way, or very strange things liking licking another player don't have a place in the game. Thankfully removing helmets was addressed, but I think it should be considered to hand out unsportsmanlike penalties for some of these things that aren't part of the actual game.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

General mischief in hockey (among other sports) has it's place, but in moderation. I do not think anyone wants to see these acts of mischief happening constantly throughout each game, but there are times when these things are very valuable. It is actually a lot like fighting in hockey as well. Although it is not technically necessary to have in order to play the game, it creates a dynamic where there are consequences to actions and fights are commonly boiled over mischief.

In today's sports there is generally not a single runaway team that absolutely dominates everyone else, it is just a game of incremental gains and improvements. Adding in these slight mischief makers can help push the pendulum in your team's direction in small bits to give you the advantage you need. Some of these are widely accepted (like a center standing in the crease trying to block the goalies view and provide tip in opportunities) to others that are more frowned upon, but all have their place in the game.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Well I don't know if it is a pest type of thing to do exactly but the first thing that came to mind was a distraction. I would grab @Zombiewolf by the fact right in front of the opposition bench and I would plant a big juicy kiss right on his sexy ass lips. That would definitely throw them off and maybe would get us a leg up on them.

As far as pest behavior, I would probably just immediately start attempting to dole out career ending injuries to anyone around me on the opposing team. Much like the Tampa Bay Lightning, as soon as I start losing I become a big fucking baby and have to try and pick fights with everyone. So I would start laying some heavy hits to the head, some knee on knee hits, and basically anything else I could to to end as many careers as possible before I got kicked off the ice.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Magnus isn't really one to get super heated about these things. Pesky behaviour has been around hockey for a long time, or sports in general, and isn't likely to go away any time soon. He usually keeps himself above the fray in terms of this type of behaviour, as he tends to focus on the hockey, but sometimes during a scuffle he kicks or shoves away people's gloves and helmets and sticks in order to inconvenience them. And for sure if the opposing hockey goalie loses his paddle, he is going to push it as far away as possible in order to maximize his team's advantage. Of course, nothing that would get the referees upset. That wouldn't do at all. However, some annoying refs and linesmen deserve to have the puck shot at them from time to time when clearing the puck out of a zone. Those zebra jerks can duck or get hit.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

I (both Julio, and the loser behind the keyboard) believe there is a place for pests (pestiness/pestfulness/pestuality) in the league. Getting your opponent thinking about something else is a huge advantage. When I skated with JPB, the opponents always had to know where he was on the ice. Starting a tussle after every frozen puck and whispering crude things before faceoffs made sure that the opponent slowly started playing Jean Paul's game, and not his or her own.
Julio has always been a little undersized, so the rattiness was a lot of sticks on calfs (not a cow pun). As a cow, Julio has those 4 stomachs working for him, so some sideline doctor pepper means that he can work up some nasty methane in the opponents crease (cows methane is released via burps as the cud transfers from stomach to stomach, not farts through the cornhole, like everyone who just learned about climate change likes to think). A loose "accidental" horn spike (like marchand accidentally dragging and high sticking opponents) is another good way to get your opponents producers off their game and off the ice.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History