Create Account

S65 PT #3: The Pest Around

Being a pest is one of the things that Matsmith really excels at. He loves to play a grindy, type of game and he wants to make people uncomfortable. I like to play right on the edge and get in with my opponents. Winning the board battles and smothering other teams, is fun for me. I also love to chirp opponents on stupid things, like calling them shit or pointing out their flaws in the game. Sometimes I'll dig through stats, just to get edge in words wise. If someone is particularly bad at draws and they lose one, I'll walk up to them at the whistle and tell them so. It's not the most clever, but I've found telling people what they aren't good at while they aren't good at it on ice, has some effect. I don't ever go overboard or too far to draw a penalty or get my team in trouble but it's fun being an annoyance on the ice.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

The thing about Joseph Weston is that he can not really find it in himself to be a pest. It does not seem like some thing he can do. It just is not in his blood. So instead he tries to keep his head clear and get things done. Whether or not this works does not change that it is just his reaction to not invite possible problems by getting involved. So that means that he will try to do different things like not getting psyched out and being a better player on the ice. It is more important to Joseph Weston to play well and with a clear head than it is to try and get under someone's skin. That is just he is, that is how he has been for his entire life. And it will probably be how he is forever and for the rest of his life. That is just how it be sometimes

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

PLAYER PROMPT

If my team, the Tampa Bay Barracuda were down by three goals to one of our rivals late in the third period, which would be either the Baltimore Platoon or Atlanta Inferno, there would be a few things that my player could do to be a pest to them. One thing Ethan Bouchard would do is when the opposing goaltender covered the puck for a whistle and a faceoff, he would come in and give that goaltender a snow shower, causing some after the whistle antics. During those antics, Bouchard would grab the closest opposing player and give them a face wash with his now stinky glove. This would really get under the opposing team’s skin and cause them to be displeased to say the least. Maybe it would cause them to take some undisciplined penalties or get them off of their game and give our team an opening to gain some momentum. Another thing would be to chirp opposing players on the ice and use some stick work to get them unfocused and possibly bait someone into a fight. If the fight went our way, that would give us some momentum as well. It could be too little, too late but who knows? Goals can be scored in just a few seconds in the game of hockey and it could have the possibility of turning the tide in our favour.
(231 words)

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

One thing hockey players seem to pride themselves on is their ability to grow a beard. The one thing Melvin can do better than any man? Grow a better beard. While he has his innate moose beard that all moose seem to have, Melvin cultivated various friendships with some... questionable doctors. They've provided him with wonder tonics which do nothing more than make his current beard larger, fluffier, and even more luxurious and the envy of all. As Melvin downs his magic drink he finds himself skating in front of the opposing teams bench. And just shaking his head ever so gently. It's not quite to the level of an herbal essences shampoo commercial, but it definitely creates some envy among the bench as his beard glitters past them. Every block he makes, every shot they take, his beard is there, in their faces and making it impossible for them to forget how inadequate they truly are.

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

player prompt

I'm the captain of the team and there have been situations like this for not once this season, when the team has to be shaken so that it doesn't finally give up and can wake up and give opponents an even bigger backlash. Everything is simple, you have to find the right words in the locker room and give the team the confidence that we can do great things. Then I think the goalkeeper needs to be replaced, perhaps often it's not the fault of the goalkeeper, but it is also a step that can shake the team to be able to change the course of the game for its own good. And finally, we have to play aggressively to knock out a team of opponents from their comfortable situation. Many technically good players don't really like the use of a power game against them and so I think it could scare them up a bit, they'd start to make penalties, which are also very important in such games.

Hockey Prompt:

Speaking as a fan of soccer and as a person from South America, I gotta say I'm actually pretty used to the repeated use of shit-stirring as means to tempest the opposition's thoughts, though the degree that some can go towards that has always been something that I feel should be taken more care with. I believe it was one Set the Edge who put it best that the act of stirring the pot was something that should only be done to a specific limit before it became a clear act of stepping beyond the border of acceptable as an act in the type of society we live in. As an example, when I was young, it was still somewhat common to see people using race as a way to egg the other on, usually with whites calling black players loads of stuff, which was usually then answered by a rough response that would then lead to the black player getting sent off, I do recall seeing that every now and then on the Libertadores. That's the sort of stuff you should avoid when stirring stuff.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

PLAYER PROMPT

Oh Truck can and will be of annoyance to the opposing team, he sees those laughing, handsome faces and thinks to himself how he is going to get away with all the stuff he is about to pull off. Firstly we are going to need to rattle the goal tender so he has tough time. Easy, drive to net and brake to shove ice to his face, then maybe say some things when defenders come to beat you up. As for defenders a nice trick of wetting gloves and scrubbing a bit in their face does wonders along with usual shoving in net, a bit late tackles and holding afterwards, And defenders hate when they are in offense and you just live on them, skin to skin, almost kissing. For forwards its easier, Just need to wear them down with tackles and some witty comments here and there. That should be plenty to get under their skin, for them to take some dumb penalties and us to capitalize

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

Hockey Prompt:

You thought it was Andrei Svechnikov getting his face rearranged by Ovechkin, but it was me, Ryu!
[Image: YvjPSrh.jpg]

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

Prompt #1

The San Francisco Pride and the Los Angeles Panthers are no strangers to each other. They have always been rivals but the rivalry this season is above every other season. After a huge post-season victory over the Panthers in the previous season, the Panthers and Pride are now battling at the top of the league to prove who are the best. With the Panthers up 5-2 in this game so far, it seems the LA players are getting ahead of themselves with mocking the Pride from the away bench. It seems they've forgotten what happened during the post-season last go around though. If the Panthers want to mock the Pride, there are going to be some opinions exchanged after the game. Sven Svenson stirs on the bench, clearly planning something. The captain was going to make sure that the Panthers wouldn't leave San Francisco with their Pride in tact. The Pride would go on to lose the game 5-2, but LA had an angry group of players waiting for them outside the arena for a repeat of their playoff series.

Code:

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Being a pest absolutely has a place in hockey, and in all team sports, as it adds another element and dimension to what is already an ultra competitive event. Players deemed as pests or agitators bring so much excitement to viewers as they become these polarizing figures who are beloved by their teammates and fans, but vilified by the opposing team and anyone who's not associated with their team. Personally, if I was a professionaly athlete I wouldn't like to play as a pest and would prefer to play the 'right' way, but I can see some people love playing that heel. As a player, you prime objective is to do whatever it takes (within reason) to give your team the edge. For most players, that is probably smart hockey like being in the right position or executing a controlled breakout. But being an annoying prick to play against and throwing the opposing team off their game is a perfectly valid way to play as well.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

This is the exact moment I tried to caused some mischief and I instantly got caught. [Image: 66pEqTn.jpg]

[Image: gurbs.gif]

PLAYER PROMPT

so my player (binko koivu) currently of the simulation major junior hockey league but whomst will soon be a part of the simulation hockey league is known to not exhibit any pest like behaviour at all while he is on the ice nor while he is off the ice. however, in special circumstances where his opponents are kind of being a little bit dickish with their lead and their stupid dumb handsomeness, binko may consider being a bit of a pest just so he can stick it to them. what would binko of the koivu family decide to do, you may ask? well thank you very much for asking! binko would potentially consider just skating up to a player on the opposite team and start holding their hand! wow what incredible pest like behaviour i am sure that his great mentor agnes @micool132 mcpipe would approve of it! binko would also be sure to fart in the general direction of his opponents, especially in the opposite goalie's face, just because the goalie can't really skate away from the fart area. what a genius manoeuvre! it takes incredible skill to pull that off without getting a penalty!

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

While Lemo himself does not think of himself as capable of being a true hockey pest, he understands the necessity for having at least someone on the team with that specific skill of toeing the line and constantly trying to bring the other team’s players to a boil without getting sent to the box himself. Or sometimes even that, but then having it be worth it. But Lemo himself has never really even tried to be that dastardly (or bastardly). He believes in playing good hard-nosed hockey, of course, but he does not think of himself as even having the kind of vocabulary (neither verbal nor physical) needed to truly classify as a pest. Instead, he himself always tries to keep his head above the shenanigans of the opposing pests, should he come up against some in the course of games and also tries his best to control some of the hotter heads on his own team when need be in order to keep them from succumbing to the opposing pests’ trickery and giving up any unnecessary penalty opportunities.

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

Being a pest is just a natural part of the game, whether you consider yourself one or not.  I'd like to think I'm a pretty "pure" hockey player, in the sense that I don't go out of my way to be a pest but can stir the pot a little bit if the team really needs it.  With that being said, I'm definitely not the type of guy to go out there and START some trouble; more of a reactionary type of pest, if the other team wants to play that game.  I'll make snide remarks or mess around with other's players equipment just to get under their skin a little bit.  If they lose their stick/glove/helmet, I'll toss it into the stands or the penalty box.  If we get into a little tussle, I'll actually try to cut their skate laces using the blade of my skates, just to make life a little harder.

Code:
Words: 150+

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

hockey prompt

when it comes to hockey shenanigans and the mental game within the game within another game it's definitely something you love to hate, i feel like theres a growing reception to the dummies like marchand who play that game at a hilarious level. unfortunately he offsets that by being a not so good person on the ice all the time but you cannot deny he is entertaining to the fullest. you love to hate him, and with guys like him, because he's such an amazing hockey player, it adds that next level of hate. the game within the game is the spark that creates moments leading to rivalries that can last decades. ask any old boomer this question and i bet theres some insignificant moment in hockey history that only they remember, but because they were so invested in the game, it's been living there rent free for many years. one moment i can point out myself is when thornton was "pointing" in the direction of henrik sedin's face https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK7jka7tSNk classic, so funny to look back on