Create Account

S65 mPT #5: Name Over

I would rename the Challenge Cup for sure. I feel like we could make it a bit more exciting. Maybe something like the Cup to End All Cups or Two Teams One Cup Cup?

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

I would rename the Challenge Cup to the Exploit Cup, since that's really what's been going on for the last 20+ seasons in the league, for the most part

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

We need a Jason Visser trophy, this player since I joined was by far the best. It's great that most trophies were named after guys who played in the inaugural season, but this give us an opportunity to honor players who joined later

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

I would rename any of the Most Valuable Player trophies to "The Best Damn Player In The League Trophy" or the "Better Than You Trophy" or something like that. Gives it some character

[Image: keithley.png]
[Image: mcalister.png]

I think that whatever the Rookie of the Year award is called should be re-named to the Tiny Green Bone Award, to illustrate the youth's tiny, tiny green bones.

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn

Okay well I only know the two which are the Challenge Cup and Four Star Cup. Neither of those strongly resonate with me so we will change the Challenge Cup to the Superstar Saber. After seeing a baseball team hoist a sword that people mistakenly believed was the trophy for the league I feel like we should steal that idea and run with it. Now you would think I would keep the star name for the minors and have a more task oriented name for the majors. You would be wrong though as given I think of them as the J I want them to have the J Jian. Thank you for your time!

Code:
Word Count: 114

Your task: Choose any SHL or SMJHL trophy you want, give it a new name, and tell me why you want to call it that! Go crazy or be sincere! The choice is yours!

Wide Peepo Happy 3 Koivu trophy goes to the widest person in the league to honour how die and happy wide peepo happy 3 koivu.

[Image: hallsy.png]

Any chances we can get like a trophy for best media every season called the Clarice Lispector Award presented by the SHL? I mean... just a shout, y'know.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

A trophy has been renamed in the SMJHL. The highest scoring award for most goals will now be called the KFC Trophy - after Kentucky Fried Chicken. They are the leagues latest sponsors and paid 5.5 million to make this shit happen. Also free chicken on opening night in every stadium if you purchase chiggin at a local store before Christmas. HAHA

I mean, there's some obvious ones. The Turd Ferguson should be the Bananas Foster, considering he did everything Turd did but better. The McBride is reasonable, but I'd love to argue making it the Aittokallio because of the records and history that I have in the league. I would consider changing the Karpotsov to the Jason Visser as well, even though I absolutely adore JayTee and his player was extremely influential, he only lasted a short time and Visser was one of the best of all time for a long time.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

The Four Star Cup is about to get a rebrand and it's going to generate some money now. it will now be known as the Honda Cup.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

I think the challenge cup could be named a little better. I find the name a little generic, particularly for a site where everything is put together so intentionally. Maybe something like the Keygan Chalice or the Lee Goblet.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

The SMJHL trophy shall henceforth be known as the sellout GM award due to the number of times teams have won trading for IA/junior lifers. (for legal reasons this a joke)

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac

so the trophy that i will rename is the razov trophy because who even is razov. i think we should instead name it after a perennial playoff performer dick clapper @5ympathies since it's really just his trophy and i think @hotdog would agree

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

I would rename the Four Star Cup to the Hamlet cup. Leading a team to 3 trophies in 4 seasons as a up and coming young GM is a fantastic achievement, and I think that as time passes and we get further and further from those wins people will begin to realise just how hard it is.

(57)

[Image: vo42C2b.png]
[Image: hTIaaQX.gif]
HIT SOMEBODY

Cheers to tweedledunn and supertardis101 for the awesome signatures!