Create Account

S66 mPT #0: Missing Link

In FHM 7 goalies are the ONLY players that matter. Goalies rejoiced at finally mattering but then HO decided to continue their anti-goalie propoganda and skip the goalie heaven engine....

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

FHM adding a feature where users need to log in and vote on what plays get run during the match. Does Klompus shoot the puck, yes or no? Needs a majority vote to pass. Sims become exponentially longer.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

I know absolutely nothing about the sim software, so I'll just have to make some educated guesses.
- Unbearably hideous main menu color scheme that you couldn't edit in Display Settings. Fuschia on chartreuse or something equally eye-watering.
- The game tried to bring back the reviled Fox Sports "glow puck."
- Intrusive microtransactions. "PENALTY! 2 minutes for hooking! Reduce this penalty by 30 seconds? $0.99"
- Regular interruptions from Microsoft's Clippy, with no way to turn them off. "It looks like you're trying to simulate a hockey game! Would you like a tutorial?"
- The game would only run in Debian for some reason.

[Image: michiganshl.gif]

The league couldn't handle the Philly Forge being on top of the league. In the initial test phases showed Philly winning the championship multiple times so they decided they needed to scrap it as an expansion team shouldn't be able to win it this early in their life.

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2022, 11:19 AM by Carpy48.)

It's probably the version that nobody wants to use. Like Windows ME, Vista or 8 (+ 11?) Every other version sucks and you skip it.

I don't know what they added or left out, but it's possible that they didn't allow custom goal songs and we really didn't want all the teams to have the same boring goal horn, right?

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

FHM 7 requires mandatory testing, at least 10 test sims for each game per team. If the test sims are not completed, it wipes the file and we have to start over again.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

This is easy. After being on FHM7 for a bit now and everyone is ready the move on to the next engine. The least appealing thing now will be to actually have to open FHM7. So gross.

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

The worst feature that I can imagine being added to FHM would be any additional toggles for strategy. My reasoning is simply because it gives some of these nerd GMs/teams more shit to sim endlessly until they find cracks in the sim that they can exploit.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

• Before every game players must be signed in for sims to start
  • Your player can only be updated if you performed well in the game before
  • "Time spent on Bench" Stat

FHM7’s most boring feature is the lack of any parity unless you are in the Great Lakes division, because if you’re not first, you’re in dead last. (30 words)

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Bad news, FHM7 is just STHS 2. It has exploits, is perceived as random, restricts our sims to HO's only and thus brings back PbPs, and worst of all.... it's developed in Quebec.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

As many have mentioned, the resigned scouting system wouldn't help us, however it was also the first iteration with a moving sim. However it was hideous and didn't do a good job of mimicking real hockey so no point of even trying it after testing it out personally.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

The worst feature I can imagine if we can only sim one game at a time and you have to watch the whole game before you can move on to the next one. And the game will crash midway through the game 5 times before getting through the whole game.

[Image: P1XRN7f.png]

I think they skipped FHM7 because QCC would've been too good of a team for the J to handle because goalie TPE would've mattered, unlike FHM6

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]