Create Account

The Rookie Captain
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2022, 11:57 AM by NJBadApple. Edited 4 times in total.)

Recently selected as captain of the Montreal Patriotes as a rookie, I'll make this an AMA for now Smile and type up some more stuff later on.

Code:
:interview: How does it feel to be the best looking one on a team full of gorgeous humans? :interview:
Feels like you're flirting with me, that's how it feels.

Code:
:interview: What are your predictions for Montreal this season? :interview:
I think we're destined for our second playoff appearance this season.  Going into FHM8 there's a lot of unknowns, but plenty of groundwork done by users around the league that maybe SOME teams will have a small advantage.  That being said, I do think Montreal is turning the corner from being that "new franchise, easy win" on the schedule to one that teams will come to fear in the next few seasons.

Code:
:interview: How have you been enjoying your player so far compared to your previous ones? :interview:
I've been having a good time this go around, playing in Maine was a fun experience and getting to know some of the newer users over there.  About halfway through last season, CK invited me to Montreal's "war room" and that has been such a great experience.  I think what people outside of Montreal don't realize is just how absolutely dedicated everyone is in the LR.  We know we aren't one of the strongest teams yet, and a Challenge Cup is probably a few seasons away at best, but we are crystal clear where we are at in our timeline.  Every single person wants to be a part of building the foundation for a new franchise, and that has made this player so special.

Code:
:interview: How does it feel to have been voted Captain in your first season up? :interview:
I was completely taken aback by it lol.  Wasn't expecting it at all, there are so many great players and users on this team, I thought for sure I wouldn't be anywhere in the running for a letter.. much less Captain.  It's a huge honor and hope I can provide some output on the ice to match what I feel like I've brought to the LR.

Code:
:interview: What are your personal goals for McBride this season? :interview:
Well, being my rookie season and all, there's really nothing spectacular I really have in mind in terms of performance.  Hopefully playing in the top six will give me a strong opportunity to string together a nice stat line, but team accomplishments are more what we're aiming for here.  Like I said above, we all feel like we have a playoff team going into this season, and that's the goal for everyone.  Whether or not I have individual stats are kind of irrelavent at this point.

Code:
:interview: Are you going to pound the fucking body? :interview:
I have never stopped pounding the fucking body, and there is no end in sight.

Code:
:interview: Who's bucket will you slam first? :interview:
Definitely fellow rookie @vic03

Code:
:interview: What are you looking forward to the most this season? :interview:
I'm looking forward to seeing the differences between the old engine and the new one; I'm curious if any disparity occurs or the same teams float to the top & sink to the bottom.  I'm also genuinely curious about a few specific players on the Patriotes and how they're going to perform; @brickwall has a really strong chance to put up top-tier numbers between the net, and I think @G2019 is going to be the driving force behind our offense for not just this season, but a very long time.

Code:
:interview: How do you rate your preseason performance? :interview:
I think the pre-season went great! Can't really argue with 5 points in 7 games as a rookie, my shooting percentage was a little lower than I was hoping for but that will come with time. As for the team, I'm not sure it could've went any better. Tied for 4th in the league in points, 3rd in goal differential in +15, along with a myriad of other impressive stats. I think it's a prequel to exactly how this season is going to play out for us in Montreal, this season is a big turning point in this franchise from "rebuilder" to "playoff contender".

Code:
:interview: Does Vic suck? Yes or yes? :interview:
Tough question here, I'm going to have to go with yes.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

How does it feel to be the best looking one on a team full of gorgeous humans?

What are your predictions for Montreal this season?

How have you been enjoying your player so far compared to your previous ones?

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

How does it feel to have been voted Captain in your first season up?

What are your personal goals for McBride this season?

Are you going to pound the fucking body?

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Who's bucket will you slam first?

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

What are you looking forward to the most this season?

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

How do you rate your preseason performance?

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

Does Vic suck? Yes or yes?

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]