S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony

ISFL Affiliate (37thchamber)

UpdatesPlayer Page
The Journey

6,000 mile road#DidItForDildo1,700 miles more
A Silver Road

Drought Ender, Curse Breaker, Firebird

Player Prompt

It depends on the type of person you are working with if they are nervous or excited. A lot of players get the butterflies, Shylo is the opposite being in this position before now for a 4th run in the J at least. The expectation is to not be nervous and help the younger kids get through being nervous. Gotta control the emotions where your heart on your sleeve and go play. It’s a fun experience to play in an arena against some of the best, but you have to wonder are any of them nervous or are they thriving under pressure as well? I’d say it’s the latter. I believe nervous kicks in if mistakes are made which Shylo has had happen before in multiple playoff runs and we hope to fix that here in the short term future. But moving up to the SHL is where nerves will kick in every night being his first year. It will be nerve racking to kick it into high gear and get her started for the season.

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]

Standing on the ice, prepping for the inaugural puck drop of the season, a ton of thoughts run through my head. Early days skating on a nearby pond with my family. Being drafted in the 1st round by Anaheim. Following that up with a 3oa selection by Seattle. My SMJHL MVP award and helping take the Falcons to new heights. And now, after a mediocre season in Seattle, lacing up the skates for the Montreal Patriotes. It's been nothing but great vibes and good times since I arrived, and I just have the feeling that this will be something special. Coach is trusting me to help lead the line and put the puck in the net, while also facilitating offense for other players. Despite having some higher TPE players, I'm being looked at as a leader, a role that I cherish and take seriously. All past aside, all sentiment aside, it's time to do the job, it's time to repay the faith Montreal has in me. Drop the puck, ref, it's time for me to shine.

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

I think the only way we can start a season on the new sim engine is with a huge blowout to get everyone hyped for the brand new north stars season. The first thing that needs to happen is a concert and we are booking 3 people. They’re old now because shl is very much in the future but they’ll come out because we have the power of persuasion like that. Drake, the weeknd and Carly Rae Jepsen, the 3 pillars of Canadian music. After that’s all done, there’s gotta be a fucking huge firework show to really drive home the fact that there is a new season starting and to wake up anyone who is thinking of trying to sleep through the start of the north stars season. Finally before the game starts they will close down the road heading up to the stadium so there can be a large watch party outside the stadium.

Written Task: Tell me what's going through your players head at this last moment, seconds before their first shift after a long off-season. Are they nervous? Excited? Maybe stressed? Are there specific people or moments that come to their mind? Do they need to settle down in a moment like this to play their best? If so, how? Or are you the type of player with ice in your veins that thrives in exciting moments like this? (150+ words)

Grogu stands at the blue line, shuffling his weight from skate to skate as the national anthems play. He doesn't really pay much attention, as a Norwegian-born player he finds the ritual of anthem playing somewhat silly, but traditions are traditions. Speaking of Norway, he was part of the bronze-winning team at the recent IIHF. The small taste of success has left him wanting more, hungering for bigger victories. He glances down the blue line, he foresees big things from his linemate Duncan Mackenzie - they were drafted together, joined the team as rookies just 2 seasons ago, now in their third season he knows the time for excuses is over, they are going to need to step up this season as the team looks to get back into the playoff picture. He's never played a playoff game in the SHL. But he knows this season will be different. He's more confident, more sure of himself. The noise from the crowd grows, and Grogu feels the adrenaline in his system rising. He's trained hard this offseason, working on his stickwork, his shot, making his stick become one with his body, the way a light saber is for a jedi. He breathes in deeply as the anthem comes to a crescending close. The teams line up at center ice. The goalies nod they are ready. The ref skates into the circle. The puck is dropped and HERE WE GO!!!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Player Prompt

Marco Barengrub has always been a 3rd-4th liner. First game of the season or last game of the year, he's always on the bench for the national anthems. He's calm and only focus on doing his job. But this season he's actually on the first line for the Tampa Bay Barracuda and is incredibly nervous for that opening season puck drop. And of course the team is playing at home for that game just after having a cinderella run in the playoffs. The crowd will be electric and Marco thinks he might actually puke standing at the blueline during the anthems. He had to take of the ice 5 times during warm up just to take a shit. His previous linemates James Ronlain and Michael Fitted are absolutely making fun of him. Telling him he will soon enough be back with them on the 3rd line if he shits the bed. Talking to these 2 cuda legends actually help Barengrub a lot and stress is going down.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

Player prompt.

You'd think that after so many seasons Alex wouldn't get so nervous when the season begins, but he can't help himself. Though he's far from his peak at this point he still wants to perform at the highest possible level. This could be his last season, and while he's accomplished a lot on an individual basis, the one thing he really wants is to win the Cup. Not just for him but for the whole team and for the city of San Francisco. This team has seem some dark times, some seasons with very few wins, and Alex has been there for all of them. The rebuild has been a success and the Pride is up there with the top teams, but they have not yet seen a finals appearance. Alex would like to continue to help the team as long as he is able, but regression is taking a toll and his time is limited. Will he get one last prize to cap off a decorated career? Fingers crossed.

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

ISFL PT

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

This is like my 20th season in the league and the only thought that crossed my mind before that first game is that I won't have to do this for much longer, in the not so distant future I'm going to finally hang up the skates, and I'm way more excited about retiring than about the new season. I think Aaron Wilson is getting too old. Plus, Hamilton is in the midst of a rebuild, and I don't even know half the players on our current roster anymore, like, who are these people? Need 60 more words, uhh, well, what I'm saying is it's going to be a pretty boring season for us, we're not contending for the cup and any result is good, and for my player personally there's not much to be excited about when you've been doing it for 20 seasons. Although I might hit 1000 career points in fhm which would be a nice milestone, and that's probably what Aaron is focused on.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

Tell me what's going through your players head at this last moment, seconds before their first shift after a long off-season. Are they nervous? Excited? Maybe stressed? Are there specific people or moments that come to their mind? Do they need to settle down in a moment like this to play their best? If so, how? Or are you the type of player with ice in your veins that thrives in exciting moments like this? (150+ words)

The night has finally arrived, it's opening night for the Nevada Battleborn! The players are on the ice as the lights lower and the anthems play through the speakers. The thoughts of last seasons playoff run, being freshly drafted by the Calgary Dragons, and all the training has prepared me for the beginning of this new journey of a season. The lights raise and the crowd begins to fill every inch of the arena with cheers and excitement as we all lineup for the opening puck drop. These kinds of moments are what makes being a hockey player so enjoyable and deserving of everything we put into being the best players we can be. In these moments, my mind begins to think about my family watching up in the stands, or from their homes, or maybe even from up above. They are the biggest reasons for my current successes, and a big factor in any future honors I may achieve.

Well it is just time for some big things at the Hamilton Steelhawks big large event for having fun with the whole team and entire fanbase. Who is excited? we are so excited to be doing some fun time things with our fans and our brothers we call teammates. Hamilton will be having a big time blowout cookout with the fans and teammates of the steelhawks. The cookout will have all your favorites, Pigs, cows, chicken, beef, steak, bacon, pork. Wow. Corn too. Lots of corn for the boys to chow down on and do other things they may want. We are so excited for the pig boy corn down showdown at the Steelhaws stadium time. fans will show up and get to meet team favvorites like tommy westbrook and tommi koivu, the two t boys as some may call them. The general managers rotticus and hugh will be there to welcome everyone and share the future of the team. it will be so fun please come to the stadium for corn.

[Image: rotti.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2022, 08:47 PM by hockeyiscool. Edited 3 times in total.)

Creative:

Well, since we are in Tampa town you've got to get nature involved. So we obviously have a skating jump planned scheduled with a laser lights show and indoor fireworks. The jump consists of Florida finest predators. Since we play in a fish tank we brought sharks to go over the first part of the jump. The second part of the jump is a throwback to the Florida origin. We would not be Florida man if it were not for the alligator and doing stupid stuff with them so we've got alligators in a pond tank set-up like the shark tank that was wheeled in. however there was an over run of pythons that ended up also being in the tank that ended up consuming half of the alligators making the jump significantly less death defying but depicted a great image of what is going on in Florida. The show was extremely memorable in that it was a disaster. The person who was contracted to do the fireworks was a family member of one concessions guys and was unqualified and a firework went off prematurely and crashed into the alligator pond causing them to escape and everyone to be evacuated. No animals were harmed by the explosion, but Cleetus lost a hand.

Creative Written Prompt:

If I had all the power in the world to make a night to remember for my team? I would 100% have music. I’m talking Metallica, Ghost, AC/DC, we’d be going all out. Fireworks are a definite need, because what kind of opening night doesn’t need dramatic lights, flare and music? That’s right, every opening night does, especially our fans. If it’s Baltimore, maybe include some others sports teams native to Baltimore. We could have a multi-sport opening night if you will, which may sound a bit wild in the beginning. It would almost feel like an All-Star event, but worlds better! If we really wanted, we could have a boxing match at center ice between the captains of both teams rather than the ceremonial puck drop. Of course no one would be truly harmed, but it would definitely add a spark to the game, and to the rest of the season.

(160 words)

Player Prompt:

Joans is standing on the ice along witht he rest of his Panther teammates and they are watching the S65 Challenge Cup Championship banner be raised to the rafters in their arena while all the fans in LA go ballistic! It's a super special moment for Joans who is hanging on to the prime of his career by a thread. Now he can go the rest of his career without having the thought of not having won it all looming over him, and that takes some of the pressure off. but he remembers how it felt to win it all last season and he's hungry to help his team do it all again. as well, he knows he had a down year last season and he wants to produce like he did 2 seasons ago when he cracked the 60 point barrier. That's a big personal goal for him as well. He Believes he and the team can reach their goals this season, but it's time to prove it.

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

Quote:Written Task: Tell me what's going through your players head at this last moment, seconds before their first shift after a long off-season. Are they nervous? Excited? Maybe stressed? Are there specific people or moments that come to their mind? Do they need to settle down in a moment like this to play their best? If so, how? Or are you the type of player with ice in your veins that thrives in exciting moments like this? (150+ words)

Opening night of the Sixty-Sixth SHL season. Kettu finds himself at center ice for the opening faceoff for the Carolina Kraken season opener against the Yukon Malamutes. It was a long offseason for Kettu after not participating in the playoffs the previous season, but it was time well spent on gearing up for this season and, hopefully, a move up to the bigs the following season. What's going through Kettu's mind right before the puck drops? Well, the gut wrenching feeling of not being a playoff participant still loomed in the back of his mind, but the thought that was most at the forefront of his mind was just focusing on winning that faceoff and taking things one small moment at a time. It was going to take some time to get back into the groove of the SMJHL season, but the more Kettu looks ahead, the more he loses focus on what is right in front of him. In that moment, all he wanted to do was win the puck back to Forfeit and get the season started on a good note.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]