Create Account

S66 PT #4: Just Wanna Have Fun

PT Pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Written Task: What are some on-ice games or drills that your team likes to run for fun? (Don't just say scrimmage please) Does it have any practical applications to a game, or is it purely to blow off some steam? Where did the game come from? Who's the best on your team at it? Who's the worst? (150+ words)

There is a tradition for the Norwegian hockey team Vålerenga Hockey that they have a stripping shootout. All players have to participate and fans are allowed to come and watch. One and one the players take a penalty shot against a goalie. Just as in a real shootout. All players that score are allowed to stand aside and cheer on the rest of the players. All players that miss have to remove one part of the uniform. If all players are able to score a goal on the penalty shot it starts all over again. When all players have scored or removed one item everybody takes another shot and it will go on and on until one player runs nude towards the goal to try and get the puck in the goal. No winners, only one loser. So it is very important to stay sharp and be good at shootouts. Afterwards there will be beer and pizza in the locker room. The nude one does not have to chip in on the bill. So some are of the opinion that there are only winners.

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

One game that the Anchorage Armada like to do in practice is have a random set of skill-specific practice drills set up on a wheel to spin. Things like accuracy shooting at various distances, endurance challenges, etc. A random two players are chosen by coach Ragnar as captains for their team, and before randomly choosing which drill they will compete in, each player drafts a team going pick by pick. In the last practice, the captains chosen were rookies Sean Davies and Connor McKeil. After making their picks, the game the wheel selected was a race of 5 laps around the rink. Davies chose Leon Lokitonov as his champion for the drill, and McKeil elected to run with veteran Lord Zomp as his speedster for it. The race ended up being very intense, but Lokitonov began to run out of steam on the last lap, while Zomp showed no signs of slowing down to win convincingly. These drills help with squad harmony and settling the rookies into the locker room. They are likely a big help in Anchorage taking a step forward competitively this season. (185 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

CREATIVE PROMPT

When given free reign of the ice, there is only one thing that comes to mind for the Chicago skaters. Synchronized figure skating. If given a little extra time to exercise the team always wants to do something fun together as a team and they're all into dancing, so they figured why not mix the two? Turn on some rad tracks and everyone gets on the ice together and dances in sync. Think flash mob but with a hockey team. There is twirling and twerking and jumping and sliding. All done as a group that was completely in tune with each other. The music ranged anything to traditional classical to hip-hop. Pengu himself is into emo and so he has led many dances to My Chemical Romance, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, and others. They have very energy filled performances, but they always keep it a secret from the public. They'd all be too intimidated if they knew these guys could dance as well as they could play!

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

CREATIVE PROMPT: Of course when we create a drill to have fun at the end of our practice, we always have to add a competitive aspect to the game and put some kind of wager. To set up the drill, we put one of those goalie plank with holes in the four corners and one in the middle in net. We shoot the puck from the middle of the ice, on the faceoff dot. The first one to get five pucks in the five different holes in a specific order would be the winner of the round. The order would be determined by the two players taking part before the round. Then we set up a bracket with opponents being drawn based on our numbers. Like I said, we couldn’t keep ourselves from making some kind of bet on this game. Since we had a team dinner that night, the bet was that you would have to pay for the meal of the teammates that beat you, which meant in the end, only the winner would not have to pay for his meal, and the guys going out in the first round would have to pay for their own meal and one of their teammates.

203 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Wacky Drill:
[Image: e6FN9XN.png]

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Written Task: So what does your player do to remind themselves to have fun or to enjoy the experience of being a professional hockey player? Does your player wear something special, or maybe draw something special somewhere on their gear? Tell me what they do and why! What message does your player enjoy having a reminder of during every game? (150+ words)

Fiske's niece and nephew regularly send him things in the mail. He used to get one package a month, but since he hit the big leagues and was able to send merch to them regularly, he gets one a week now. His fridge is covered with excellently colored pictures (the lines are there as suggestions), and he has a whole room in his apartment for the fish plushes they've sent. Each one is a little bigger than before. His niece Astrid has recently taken more interest in art, and her drawings are no longer the pages ripped from books that her brother Pål still sends, but sketches of the fish they sell at the market that she's obviously taken some time to sit down and recreate. They're lovely, and Aksel adores them especially. He's traces a few onto the inside of his gloves, and he's saving the best to be embossed onto his stick next season. So far, he has several different cod, a mackerel with interesting stripes, and a brosme with bulging eyes that Astrid captioned "VERY ugly."

Code:
179 words

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

Player Prompt:

Videl Valor always has a piece of memorabilia to remember when she played for each of her teams. Her first team she played for was the second iteration of the Anaheim Outlaws, where her memory was a photograph with then late teammate, Shirakami Fubuki. They used to always get kicked out of bars for speaking Japanese too much. The next memory she had was a signed Vancouver Whalers helmet from the S61 4-Star Champion team, in which she was part of that squadron. The next memory she has is actually a wedding ring she currently has, and this is from her husband, Alexis Saint-Michel. This was when she and ASM were teammates on Calgary. Her final memory was a gold medal from the S60 IIHF Japan team, where she was a backup player for that team, so she was given this as a gift for her contributions to the team off the ice.

(155 words)

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2022, 12:59 PM by SchwarzNarr. Edited 1 time in total.)

ISFL Affiliate:

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid619759

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

PT pass because I never have fun I am the grinch.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=663a63f4&is=66391274&hm=70...8f89c3f46&]

So I do not play hockey, nor do I ice skate so this one is a tough one for me as I do not really know what types of things they normally do in these times. I will make up a few here though, but they'll be likely duds if really tried.

Right off the bat I go for some form of dodgeball. Teams line up on either side of the ice, race to get a puck on their side. Then they have to pass their blue line in order to shoot. Then fires a puck at the other players to try to get them out. But that does seem a bit dangerous though. Maybe we use some playground balls for this or some sort of other ball that will not hurt as much when it hits you. Not trying to take the team out.

Alternatively I commonly see players with their own individual handshake things they do with specific players. That has to take a lot of time to come up with and then you gotta practice it right? Might as well use this additional time to work on those sweet ass greetings vs doing it on your own time. But I gotta wonder, is there a guide for this stuff? Do they make it all up? Watch youtube videos showing various things that can happen?

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Code:
PLAYER PROMPT- I feel like it's been a little while since I've asked you to add a fun fact to your player's backstory, so let's do that this week! It's well documented that many players in the NHL like to personalize their equipment in some small way to remind themselves of something when they look at it. Some players will write names, phrases, or draw little symbols on their sticks or gloves, for example. It might act as a reminder to have fun, to work hard, to think of their children or their spouse. Could be anything!

Written Task:  So what does your player do to remind themselves to have fun or to enjoy the experience of being a professional hockey player? Does your player wear something special, or maybe draw something special somewhere on their gear? Tell me what they do and why! What message does your player enjoy having a reminder of during every game?  (150+ words)

There are lots of things I do when preparing for a game. I am a very superstitious person. The simplest one is I always put the left side of my gear on first (i.e., left skate then right skate, left shin pad then right shin pad, etc.). On the stranger (or really just different) side, I put two strips of tape right above the heal of my stick. It doesn’t do anything for me playing wise, but it represents my brother and sister. The most meaningful thing to me though that I do is sign my brother’s name on my stick blade under the tape. He passed away at a young age, and that is my way of making sure he is always around and always a part of the game. I have kept every single stick blade that I have ever used and am making furniture and other items out of it, so I always keep him around.

159 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2022, 12:11 PM by KaleSalad. Edited 1 time in total.)

CREATIVE PROMPT:

Perhaps one of the best and most fun games to play to work on skills is the one on one puck drill. The coach dumps a puck to the corner where you go head to head on to compete for possession of the puck while also getting a chance to work on winning those battles before trying to make a play at the open net. Of course this drill can get tiresome quickly so instead there is another drill of 3v3 with the nets on each of the blue lines. It is a tight space battle for puck possession and keeps the goalies on their toes as the puck can be coming their way at any moment. It helps with team communication and again winning the battles to get quality chances at the net. But bar none the most fun that anyone has is scrimmage (with a twist) in this full ice 5v5 hockey every player must play with the opposite hand stick. If you are right handed you play left and visa versa. It is always fun to put everyone on an equal footing and seem them attempt to do thing completely different then what they are used to.

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

After practice all of the players on the Manhattan Rage like to play dodge puck. It's like dodgeball, but with slapshots. We line up all of the pucks on the center ice line, then send our fastest skaters to retrieve them. There are some rules though, we're not just trying to farm injuries here. First rule is that you have to take the puck back behind your own goal. Each team can only take slappers from behind the goal line. Each puck can ricochet off of the boards once before it's considered a dead puck. If anyone takes a shot in front of the goal line they're instantly disqualified. Once each team is down to 3 members, the players that have been disqualified will continue throwing pucks on the ice, feeding the players ammo until no one remains. This exercise doesn't really help anyone, but it's been a good way to blow off steam after tough practices and the Rage's current win streak shows that it's working.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Written Task:  So what does your player do to remind themselves to have fun or to enjoy the experience of being a professional hockey player? Does your player wear something special, or maybe draw something special somewhere on their gear? Tell me what they do and why! What message does your player enjoy having a reminder of during every game?  (150+ words)
Every game day, before the warm-up/shoot around time, I get tot the locker room early before anybody else. I sit at my locker and play NHL 98 on the Sega Genesis I had luke hook up for my on a small retractable plasma tv.  I do this just to remind myself that I get paid to pretty much do whatever I want as long as I'm good hockey most nights.  Pretty good deal.  After a few games, I get ready to suit up, and one thing I always make sure I put on my favorite old mesh gym shorts from my old high school gym class.  I wore them under my uniform every game and never lost a single game in high school hockey so I figured they were lucky.  Based on last season with Texas and this season so far.. I'm starting to get the vibe they're not actually lucky anymore.
Another thing I do just for fun is each game I find a fan in the stadium and get them to sign their name on my stick. Then after the game I go and give the the stick to the fan and they get a nice souvenir.  The only exception is playoffs, cause if I get a hot stick in the playoffs I'm not giving that away for anything.  Luckily we shouldn't have to worry about that too much for a season or two.

WC: 237

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: zFnlslP.png]