Create Account

S66 PT #4: Just Wanna Have Fun

PBE Affiliate Link

after practice the coaches let us do a slip n slide contest the rules are simple everyone takes off all their clothes and we lube up a series of tarps going all along the perimeter of the ice. you get to run as fast as you can to get a headstart then propel yourself on the slip n slide but being a hockey rink perimeter it is of course an oval shape which means you need to try and get enough momentum to go around the rink and use the boards as guidance. philippe eko eel is naturally very slippery but he is light (because eel) so doesn't have enough momentum to power he self around da ice. instead some of the best at this contest were binko koivu (strong butt glutes) and pablo salvatici - since pablo salvatici is part penguin  @Jepox penguins are extremely good at sliding on their tummy and pablo is no exception wheeeee look at him go! the worst one was burlok sulfurgold he had too much hair to be slippery

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Liam Slate of the Seattle Argonauts tends to show his personality in his gear by using various designs and colors of tape. Whether its on his sticks or on his socks. Liam Slate of the Seattle Argonauts likes to decorate himself before each game and has a mountain of different designs, colors and types of tape. Liam Slate loves to show off some fun and have fun at the same time. A lot of the time Liam Slate of the Seattle Argonauts is asked to borrow people his tape because it always looks cool. Some of Liam Slate's favorites are doing rainbows, team colors, or just bright neon colors because it stands out. Liam Slate of the Seattle Argonauts has gone out of his way to ask for permission from the head office of the Simulation Hockey League to get exemptions for more usage of tape, for example helmet, but has yet to get the go ahead for this endeavor. Slate likes to make himself stand out from the crowd!

(165 words)

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

The best part of the game is playing it with the boys.  In order to have fun while doing that, there is nothing more than a few team dinners plus winning a few games to make that happen.  Team dinners serve as a bonding agent between the boys on the team which you can see come out in the chemistry between players on the ice.  Passes start to look more crisp, plays start to come together a little more.  None of that fancy shit like dying hair blonde or growing mullets, mostly just bomb ass meals.  Italian? Fuck yeah.  American Barbeque?  fuck yeah.  German?  Give me that vinegar baby.  Ethiopian?  Yes please.  Chinese? fuck yeah.  Thai food?  Hell yeah, i love the nutty accent.  All cultures can be celebrated and expressed through food, what a great way to have fun and learn a little about each other.  Everyone is invited, pass the fuckin salt babyyyyy.  Lets get seasoned up in this ho, no boiled meat (unless you're making a stew, then reduce that shit).

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

CREATIVE PROMPT -

So we get the last 20 minutes of practice to have fun. For the occasion, we practice our favorite game, duck, duck, shoot! So the game goes that @Z-Whiz touches a player, then that player has until Puddles O'duck skates a full ice lap to hit him with a slapshot. @charlieconway and @leviadan didn't know this game, it seems they never did this in their old teams. But in Atlanta, its a staple, it's make Puddles faster and tougher. In fact, Puddles is the only one ever trying to dodge slapshots because he is the only duck and we can't shoot on humans (or eels @hotdog e). Most of us can hit the duck really fast and bruise him a bit, but @Leppish and @CaptainCamel have a low shot % and when they miss a lot, some kind of brown dog gets out of nowhere to laugh about them. must @goldenglutes dog, it has no rispek for the game.

We try not to injure O'duck but he's not really tough.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Creative prompt
The Regina Elk have established themselves as an extremely tough team to play against - known for straight up bullying the other teams with their aggressive play style, so it’s not particularly surprising that their practices consist of drills meant to hone the art of physical hockey. 
It’s a fairly simple drill really - the puck is launched far into the air to the other side of the rink, while all the skaters lineup on the near goal line. Once the whistle is blown, the players surge forward - with the goal of being the first to retrieve the puck and bring it back to the starting position. It’s essentially a forechecking exercise, but one with all bets off- with no ref around to call penalties, the Elk pack fight each other in a free for all blood bath of crunching hits and sneaky slashes. Eventually the puck squirts out and the lucky player gets it back to the other end of the ice, and they are rewarded with an “get out of practice 30 mins early” pass for the next day. (182 words)

[Image: kezia-elk4-smol.png]
sig by me (:

Kezia MacKenzie - LW - Regina Elk - Atlanta Inferno

Player prompt

To stay grounded, remember to have fun and ensure that he remembers how lucky he is to be earning a living doing what he does, Kaarlo Kekkonen always phones his parents before he plays a game of hockey. This is a ritual he's carried out ever since he first left home to play hockey in North America and he could probably count on one hand the number of games he's played without speaking to them beforehand. The conversation will consist of talking about everything but the sport, and the discussion of normal life and things that they've done and want to do really grounds Kaarlo and brings him back down to earth. Knowing that he's someone who gets to do something he loves for a job is important for Kaarlo to remember, and this type of thing goes a long way to ensure that his career goes on for as long as possible and that his love remains for the game and the teams that he plays for; hopefully, this will allow him to play for a good few years yet.

Code:
181 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

For a long time Guy O'Shea would keep track of how many goals he scored by putting slash marks in his shoulder pads as he racked up the goals.  As he has matured, he realized that individual performances paled in comparison to the feeling of lifting the cup so now he just has a few tattoos commemorating the championship winning teams he played on in Hamilton.  Each one had something special that had happened from the season and the cup with season number.  It was a magic ride that we were on for a few years there and there is no doubt that we will rebuild and be right back there for long term success again.  Those were some of the best years where everyone else in the league thought we were cheating but everyone in the locker room knew how much hard work went into winning them.  To the rest of the complainers that said we were ruining the league, go cry about it.

Code:

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

Player prompt-

Casey is a world traveler. Growing up around the game, coming from such a large hockey family, she has literally been raised around the world.
Listed as Ukrainian, she was born there on a humanitarian aid visit by the SHL to aid families displaced in the Donbas reageion due to fighting. She was born at a local hospital outside of Kyiv. Only being there for a few months after she was born she was honored honorary citizenship. Most of her early years were spent in Sweden while her father David Fantobens was playing in the shl. Her mother is American. She moved to America with her mother and brother Joseph when he was drafted into the smjhl when she was six years old. Don’t do the math. I didn’t so you shouldn’t have to. Anyway,
After moving to the states she picked up playing goalie living in Tampa Florida. And I guess you could say the rest is history, or the present. Whatever.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2022, 01:14 PM by Z-Whiz.)

There has been some fake news spread recently by @Opera_Phantom and @micool132 about so called "games" where I lose lots of money on crossbar challenges and get hit by pucks in duck, duck, shoot. I want to clear the record and get my side of the story out there. Yes, we do play those games. However, I have never once missed the crossbar. I'm the best at that game. Better than the rest. So good it hurts to think about it. I have also never been hit by one of the pucks, and even if I were to allegedly been hit by a puck, it would not hurt, because I'm strong. 

For those reasons, it's hard to pick which one is my favorite. I dominate at both of them and even once made @Leppish cry because he was so inaccurate. I guess if I had to pick one of the two, it would be the one that gets me money. Since the only thing better than winning a game is winning a game that also wins you money.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

Creative Prompt

With the 20 minutes provided by the coaching staff, the Toronto North Stars team decides it is a great time to do some stupid stuff on the ice to end a long practice. While a few players would love to just hop into a cold shower, the whole team usually stays for some team bonding in their usual post-practice antic, on-ice golf! Being their usual go-to due to the low effort and high amounts of fun, the players brings out the sauce kits and begin grabbing anything and everything to act as their obstacles. The players begin holding their sticks in a golf swing position as the others chirp at the guy who is up to throw him off his golf game. The hardest obstacle by far is the line of players acting as a wall between the golfer and the net! Thankfully the coach isn't here to see this terrible idea. With his elite passing skill, Ty Murphy has emerged victorious in this game while the old timers like Harry Carpet really have a nice golf swing despite the large goalie stick. As for who's the worst, Sato himself isn't the biggest fan of golfing and his lack of love definitely shows in his poor swings!

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

smjhl simmer pt pass

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2022, 04:19 PM by The__Y-man__100.)

Yukon has ons unique drill that Oles brought over from his training days in Ukraine. The drill is called “meat run” and it works on a players explosiveness and stamina. Players line up while the coaching staff ties Sausages on to your skates. Then you have a bunch of sled dogs (local dogs from the Yukon households) which are pulling coach on a sled. The players then skate around the ice while the dogs chase you. First player to to get “caught” loses and now has to not only suffer the humiliation of being the first out, but coach then throws them in the local icy river for extra motivation. (I thought I read somewhere ice baths were good for muscles?)

Oles has been running this drill since his childhood days, so he is pretty good at it, however I wouldn’t say the same for Lord Farquaad. Being 5 foot 6 means his legs are verrrrry tiny, so his stride is that of a 11 year old Ukrainian child (Ukraine's children are animals, Oles has been 210lbs since 16).

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

Creative prompt.

Look, working on drills and skating on the ice and working hard is great and all that, but sometimes you just have to have some fun and do some mobility stuff. You know, gotta keep the ol' body limber and so forth. And what better way to do that than having an old fashioned dance party? Every week, one of the players gets to pick the soundtrack and then we just do some dancing. At first, some of the guys were shy and not that into it but, you know, you have to become comfortable with your teammates, develop chemistry and all that. So some of the new people resist, but after a time or two they're grooving like the rest of us. We have the moves on and off the rink, you have to know that. I would have to say that Kev probably picks the best music. He has a unique ability to find the groove in all the right places. Alex, he tries, but people say his taste in music is too sappy sometimes. People don't like to slow dance in practice. That's all good, though.

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

Dodgeball. What could be a more fun activity on ice as a way to work out some of your aggression in a relatively safe manner, while also practicing some skills that might somehow be useful in a game. It would be relatively simple, have people set up on either side of the center line, and placing some balls in the middle (but now actually on the line, otherwise someone is going to lose some fingers when they are reaching in for the balls. And then they are off! It would be an interesting way to work on agility, awareness, and timing as they try to pelt each other with rubber balls. It is safer than actually hitting people or some more aggressive drills, while also making it for a fun change of pace. For goalies, they have to be hit in the chest or else it doesn't count because otherwise that just wouldn't be fair. No headshots allowed!

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]