Create Account

S66 Championship Week

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post. (+3 total)

penguin

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words. (+7 total)

a. I'm not sure many people would have seen this coming. Two teams that joined the league at the same time, both making the finals and competing against each other for their franchise-first cup. So... who do think wins it all? The first time to the Challenge Cup Seattle Argonauts, that have been dismantling higher seeded teams through their entire playoff run? Or the President's Trophy winning Atlanta Inferno that are back with a vengeance after a S64 Challenge Cup defeat?

b. You can't talk about Seattle's run without talking about the dominant performance of starting goaltender Willie Miller, who has posted a .935 SV% heading into the finals. If your Atlanta, how do you solve this brick wall? If your Seattle, what do you do to make sure your guy stays hot?

c. Atlanta's big storyline is their incredible depth. They have eleven players that have logged 10 or more points so far in the playoffs. If you're Seattle, how do you try to contain three lines of unending offensive pressure? If you're Atlanta, how do you ensure everyone is able to continue to contribute against such a stellar defense?

d. Seattle's powerplay has been on fire contributing 14 goals up to this point, which comes out to almost 30% of their goals scored (50G total) in these playoffs. Atlanta on the other hand have managed just 5 power play goals, which is only 5% of their scoring (59G total). In your opinion-- is this a good thing for Seattle, or a good thing for Atlanta? Maybe a good thing for both? Do you think a dynamic team like Seattle that can capitalize on so many of their PP chances will lead to Atlanta playing scared-- worried about what might happen if they enter the box? Do you think a relentless Atlanta team that is so flush with even strength scoring is going to be too much for Seattle to take?

a. I think it is pretty obvious that Atlanta walks away with this one. I don't think it'll be a clean sweep because Seattle put together a very solid squad who managed to put down the second best team in the league, but the distance between Chicago and Atlanta was pretty decent which only makes the distance between Seattle and Atlanta even bigger. (62 words)

b. Willie Miller is an absolute god in this league. He has put together such an esteem that the quote "we got Willied on" has become a meme in the league. I'm not sure that there is a way you can prepare for Willie and instead you just have to get lucky. Willie has shown that he can do it all. He can deal with volume, he can deal with skill. Atlanta needs to pray and hope they get a few lucky bounces to avoid getting Willied. (86 words)

c. I think Seattle is already quite prepared to deal with Atlanta's field of depth. They just came off a series against Chicago who has very strong second and third lines and they more than held their own. In fact I think it is on Atlanta to make sure their deeper lines remain on the game to win this series. Give them more opportunities so their first line can really light Seattle on fire when they're on the ice. (78 words)

d. I think this stat is scarier for Seattle than Atlanta. Seattle's big strength is Willie and what he's been able to do in these playoffs. He's fantastic one on one and I think that really negates power plays. Since Atlanta doesn't rely on that though and instead scores much more evenly based on passing and supporting each other, I think power plays are irrelevant for Atlanta and that Willie could be in trouble. (73 words)

7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE (+10 total)
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones 3 TPE

21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Treasure Trove (150 words min.) (+13 total)
If you had to create an incredibly valuable object based on your team, what would it be? Think “the kind of thing that Indiana Jones would be trying to get his grimy little mitts on”. Give me a description and come up with some fun team brand related traps or tricks you could use to protect it from all those people with grimy little mitts. As a graphic task, show me what this object looks like, and depict some of its security around it.

For the Chicago Syndicate there is nothing more valuable and beloved than their penguin statue made out of ice. It hails from Adelie de Pengu's home in the depths of the Arctic. No one knows how it was made or even where exactly it came from, but one day Adelie and his people happened upon a perfectly sculpted ice penguin. After joining the the team Adelie shared the secret of the statue with his team and before long, they began to have a tradition where they traveled to the statue and held a worship ceremony to give the team luck before games. So far it has worked spectacularly as a team that was expected to take a step back instead made a deep playoff run. For this reason the team has decided to protect the statue at all cost and have hired and trained an entire army of penguins to defend it. They have weaponized the penguins and have taken measures to reinforce the statue's natural defenses of snow and ice. It is basically an impregnable fortress at this point. (180 words)

22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Animal Rescue (150 words min.) (+16 total)
Your player has been asked to use some of their immense pro-athlete wealth to open up an animal rescue! Lucky for you, the type of animal was not specified, so it’s your call! What kind of animal does your player want to protect and why? Is it something you find cute? Something that actually needs help? Or do you just want a herd of llamas on hand to threaten your enemies with? As a graphic task, show me your player hard at work tending to whatever animals you’ve chosen.

This one is far too easy for Adelie. He is a penguin as it is and he has been very vocal about supporting penguins as a whole. You see there are 17 to 19 penguin species depending on the scientist you ask, but whatever the final number is one thing is certain. There are 10 species currently on the endangered species list. The most vulnerable of those are Galapagos penguins, African penguins, Yellow-eyed penguins, and Erect-crested penguins. Every single one of those species are code red and are very close to being snuffed entirely from existence. As such, Adelie would most certainly invest in an animal rescue based around penguins. He already dumps tons of money into penguin protection and this would just be another chance. He would want to set up a massive reserve that would include sealing of areas of the sea where these penguins could fish freely without the threat of poachers or overfishing. He would do everything in his power to make sure those species most endanger would have a huge rebound! (176 words)

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2022, 07:18 PM by .Laser. Edited 2 times in total.)

PBE Affiliate, user Laser +3 TPE (3/16)

Milestones +2 TPE(5/16)

Trivia - +3 TPE (8/16) VERIFICATION WORD: allama

Prompt 2A - +1 TPE (9/16)
In the battle of these two expansion teams, I have my money on the Atlanta Inferno in 6 games. While the Cinderella story is always nice to see, there's only so far it can go, and as the Inferno just have a better roster overall, I have to give them the edge there. It will be competitive, but just not enough from Seattle. (63)

Prompt 2B - +1 TPE (10/16)
Willie Miller has been an absolute menace in the net and is arguably the only reason Seattle is in this position. However, when you look at the grand scheme of things, such a dominant statline can only last for so long. If I am Atlanta, the easy decision is to simply overload Miller with shots and wait for him to break, and then abuse that weakness. (66)

Prompt 2C - +1 TPE (11/16)
The depth for Atlanta is the reason they will continue to be dominant. Miller and the defense for Seattle are incredible, but when you have so many players that can contribute, it's only a matter of time before they cash in. Seattle's job is to keep posession as much as possible and just keep the puck away from the forwards of Atlanta as much as possible. (66)

Prompt 2D - +1 TPE (12/16)
I think that it exhibits a weakness on both sides. For Atlanta, they need to step their game up, however it's also good news as it means that they are on fire outside of powerplay points and don't need to do particularly well there to dominate. For Seattle, they are relying on powerplay points to an extent so far, and they are going to need to keep taking advantage of that to have any chance. (75)

Prompt 13 - crAIyon +1 TPE (13/16)
[Image: craiyon_190246_Graj_Virrok_kissing_the_C...ge_Cup.png]

Prompt 20: Anneagram +3 TPE (16/16)
Agnew Kink Sloth. The new name of the Kelowna Knights. Truly, I feel that there isn't a better possible anagram name. Agnew is a city in West Virginia, right in the heart of the state in a pretty isolated and forested spot. Or, it's in Michigan, directly west of Grand Rapids on the shore of Lake Michigan. While Michigan would make sense, I am going to place them in West Virginia, because let's be real with each other, if our branding is a Kink Sloth, we are 100% going to be in West Virginia. Of course we are. It just makes sense. And the branding is just risque enough to be funny for the millennials while also making hockey fans just insanely confused. They can sell super cool branding that aims to get the younger generation more into hockey while also being a total meme of a team and getting a lot of social media attention for it. (158)

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2022, 04:59 AM by bjkman. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. Bosh +3

7. Milestones +3

13. +1

[Image: Io9kpaR.png]

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2022, 02:02 PM by Drokeep. Edited 5 times in total.)

1- TRIVIA: Bagel +3TPE

3-+3TPE
The SHL playoffs needed the attention they got this year and the campaign to cement that following is very simple. The slogan would be “Parity, it’s on”, in order to further emphasize that the league has made a shift to keep the game fun and entertaining for all fans and players. The ads would feature clips of matchups throughout the season where the usual lower tier teams beat the favorites. This campaign can be boosted further by the fact that some of the playoff matchups have been producing unexpected results, including Seattle not only making the finals, but giving Atlanta a run for their money. This campaign will also showcase to the league and its fans the various changes done by the HO to make the game better, including the new broadcasts, cap measures and not allowing teams to practice with others team data, also known as testing in some circles. Thea league is in a healthy spot and it is time to let the fans know

5- +3TPE
The Philadelphia Forge has a super secret weapon under their sleeve this year. With some scientific breakthroughs and the coloration of our sponsors (AKA their money) we have managed to create the ULTIMATE PHILLY CHESSETSEAK (Trademark pending). This exquisite local delicacy is said to bring incredible power to the one who consumes it, even just a bite will achieve such results. We will feed it to our team during the celebratory season start dinner and we will be ready for a cup run this season. Unfortunately, our goaltending department will remain the same, as we tried feeding Scoochie the sandwich and his skills did not improve, further cementing our theory that there is no way he can be better, he will only let more goals in as time goes. But other than that this program has been and will be a success for the team and the fans will be in for a treat this season.

7-Milestones +2TPE (https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3257436)

17- +3TPE
Germany is an impressive culinary place with amazing beer and meat that’s out of this world. My personal favorites are the wiener schnitzel and the curry wurst! Both of these delicacies are widely available and are perfect for any occasion. Wiener schnitzel is a great hearty meal that is actually not very hard to make, but at the same time it is a great reliable staple for reunions. Add to that some fries and you have yourself a great rounded meal. A couple of lemon slices add the finishing touch to make it look professional.

The other dish is the currywurst, a sausage with a special curry based food. Not only is it tasty but you can get it in food carts around the cities. This accompanied by fries with mayo is a killer for a fast food experience. Also there even is a curry wurst museum in Berlin where you can learn the history of the dish!

21- +3TPE
The most valuable item in possession of the Philadelphia Forge is the actual forge that the God of smithing Hephaestus. This piece was rescued from a volcano off the coast of Greece. From this forge, our team blacksmith, crafts all of our skate blades. They come from an unbreakable steel ore deep in the Italian mountains, acquired by the owner as he was searching for the best material to make the equipment. This metal is also found throughout a lot of metal objects in the facility and equipment.
As for protection it is nearly impossible for a mortal human being to access the forge without permission. First of all the location is only know by a select few, even some of the players are not allowed to know. Then once you get there you have to get pass a sphinx that will ask you 3 riddles. If you answer any incorrectly you’ll get zapped so not many try.

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
tigwins

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, Curse (150 words min.)
We’ve heard of the “President’s Trophy Curse” in which the top team of the regular season has a very hard time closing the deal in the playoffs and often ends up losing. If you could invent a curse and attach it to any other league event– what would it be and why? No Challenge Cup winner shall ever repeat? Anyone who wins the goal scoring title is doomed to 4% shooting next season? Get creative and give your curse a fun name!

I will call this the First Overall curse key, or FOCK for short. If you get drafted first overall, or have a team that has a first overall draft pick within it, you will not get to win the cup. The curse forbids it. Your team gets FOCKed. This seems to be true, judging from my anecdotal experience sample of one (me, to be exact) and I definitely hope that my next player is not going to be picked first overall as so far it has affected my player’s point production as well. He was always a mediocre point getter, middle of the road type that doesn’t do very much on the ice, and did not deserve to be picked first overall. I think this curse is why I haven’t done very well in either the SHL or the IIHF, and only managed to win one Four Star Cup with what was an arguably stacked team. 156 words

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3257558

Code:
16. Written, 2 TPE, Top Line (100 words min.)
Create the best line you can using real life or SHL hockey players from your player’s home country. Give me 3F, 2D and a G– and a short description of why you chose who you did!

As I am a Canucks fan, I would have to bring back the Sedin twins, Henrik and Daniel, to lead this super Sweden team. On the other wing I would add in Henrik Zetterberg, and then in the defense side of things, I would bring back Senators-era Erik Karlsson paired with Alex Edler. In goal, who else would you have but King Henrik Lundqvist. Not the greatest ever ratio of Henriks with only three, but you could argue that this super line would be incredible against any other country’s super line, and has a lot of firepower as well as hockey smarts. 102 words

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s final series? Did the engine switch make a difference for you?

The fact that two new teams made it to the final was a nice surprise, and I am glad that we have a new cup winner. Two expansion teams from the same expansion playing each other in the finals? Are you sure the script writers didn’t have an extra toke or two while writing this season’s script? FHM 8 has a weird display, I don’t quite like the way the games are shown as it makes me dizzy, but maybe the lack of testing or maybe the promised parity made this post season a bit more exciting than prior years. 100 words

Code:
22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Animal Rescue (150 words min.)
Your player has been asked to use some of their immense pro-athlete wealth to open up an animal rescue! Lucky for you, the type of animal was not specified, so it’s your call! What kind of animal does your player want to protect and why? Is it something you find cute? Something that actually needs help? Or do you just want a herd of llamas on hand to threaten your enemies with? As a graphic task, show me your player hard at work tending to whatever animals you’ve chosen.

I love dogs, and therefore by extension Magnus does too! I would totally create an animal rescue society dedicated to helping dogs that are abandoned by their owners, and works to find them new, more suitable homes. I see a lot of posts that people get dogs during COVID, and now that COVID is done, and the people are getting busier, they no longer have time or want these pets and they end up abandoned. Also, I think the rescue society would hold a dog therapy session or something at the local children’s hospital where sick children can have some time with a loving doggo friend who is there to give them unconditional love to cheer them up. This will give both the kids and dogs social interaction that can brighten their day and possibly connect the dogs to new owners who can bring them home! Also, onion ninjas are everywhere and I am now crying. 156 words

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

CW Pass.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Wheeler

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. I'm not sure many people would have seen this coming. Two teams that joined the league at the same time, both making the finals and competing against each other for their franchise-first cup. So... who do think wins it all? The first time to the Challenge Cup Seattle Argonauts, that have been dismantling higher seeded teams through their entire playoff run? Or the President's Trophy winning Atlanta Inferno that are back with a vengeance after a S64 Challenge Cup defeat?

This is a pretty good matchup for sure between two good teams. Seattle has definitely shown that they have been able to unlock the goaltending and defence needed to be able to be successful in the playoffs, which has allowed them to defeat all the higher seeds they've been up against who haven't managed to catch on yet. But I think Atlanta's firepower will prove to be a bit too strong for Seattle.

b. You can't talk about Seattle's run without talking about the dominant performance of starting goaltender Willie Miller, who has posted a .935 SV% heading into the finals. If your Atlanta, how do you solve this brick wall? If your Seattle, what do you do to make sure your guy stays hot?

I think if i am Atlanta, I do not change what I've been doing. Don't change what got you this far and has made them so successful and dangerous these past few seasons, because that's what is going to bring them to the ultimate prize. I would say the same for Seattle, in that they shouldn't try to change too much about what they're doing and try to ride this hot wave too the ship.

c. Atlanta's big storyline is their incredible depth. They have eleven players that have logged 10 or more points so far in the playoffs. If you're Seattle, how do you try to contain three lines of unending offensive pressure? If you're Atlanta, how do you ensure everyone is able to continue to contribute against such a stellar defense?

Seattle has managed to put up some great defensive and goaltending numbers and they need to continue to do what they're doing to be able to stop Atlanta's depth. I think it will be incredibly difficult to contain Atlanta's top offensive players but this is where they will really need their goaltending to step up. 

4. Written, 3 TPE, League vs. League (150 words min.)

Could any SMJHL team in history (if they were NOT capped at their usual 350/425 builds) have beaten any SHL team in history a 7 game series? Why or why not? What historical teams do you think are good candidates for this trial? Who do you think is the best team in SMJHL history and the worst team in SHL history? Would the J team have a chance? Make your case!

Now normally for something like this I would say it would be a definite no for any SMJHL team to beat an SHL team in a 7 game series, but when you look back there have honestly been some pretty horrific SHL teams. I think the S54 or S55 Tampa Bay team that went 0-50 for the season would be given a pretty good run for their money if they were to come up against say the S65 Detroit team or any of the S62-S64 Newfoundland Teams, those were all powerhouses in the SMJHL with a lot of good players who, if uncapped, could make up for a challenging opposition against a team like that Tampa Team. I also think that Tampa team is probably the worst team the SHL has seen in it's history. As for the strongest SMJHL team? The S55 Newfoundland Berserkers that won the 4 star cup, no bias whatsoever. None at all.

Create the best line you can using real life or SHL hockey players from your player’s home country. Give me 3F, 2D and a G– and a short description of why you chose who you did!

Well I was excited to do this about Canada but then I realized Joans is from Germany so now I actually have to do some research for real players. For forwards, I would say Draisaitl definitely has to be the first name on the sheet, don't think there is any question about that. Next up I would say Tim Stutzle would be a good choice, young up and comer, that will be really good in the near future. and as the 3rd forward, Tobias Rieder I guess since I can't think of anyone else. On defence, Moritz Seider is gonna be an all star, and then to join him.. Leon Gawanke, Jets prospect. In goal I'd have Grubauer.

Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s final series? Did the engine switch make a difference for you?

Atlanta has finally won it all, they've been pretty close the past 3-4 seasons being on of the best teams in the league, and their hard work finally came to fruition. I will be honest, I was hoping that my LA Panthers would be able to repeat but Seattle and their defence/goaltending was just too much for us to get past, and it proved too much for just about everyone in the league to get past, save Atlanta. I did not expect Seattle to beat San Fran, I did not expect them to beat LAP, I did not expect them to beat Chicago, and they proved me wrong in each match up. The engine switch I think definitely had a part to play in this as I think they were the first to really figure out goaltending and defence and what really worked, which allowed them to get through to the finals.

Milestones

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2022, 10:11 AM by thiefofcheese. Edited 5 times in total.)

Code:

cheese

+3 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. I'm not sure many people would have seen this coming. Two teams that joined the league at the same time, both making the finals and competing against each other for their franchise-first cup. So... who do think wins it all? The first time to the Challenge Cup Seattle Argonauts, that have been dismantling higher seeded teams through their entire playoff run? Or the President's Trophy winning Atlanta Inferno that are back with a vengeance after a S64 Challenge Cup defeat?

Lets ignore the fact that I already know the answer to this question, but Atlanta has the momentum needed to get their first cup.   After the S64 defeat the team continued to grow stronger and stronger and has hit S66 at full speed.   Not to say that Seattle hasn't also worked hard, but this one is in the bag for Atlanta.

+1 TPE

Code:

Goalies are weird, then add in FHM's completely unexplained goalie performance and you have a serious amount of randomness to this process.   But Miller has stood on his head over and over throughout the season and through the playoffs so I think this will be the largest barrier to Atlantas win.   Gotta just keep putting the puck towards the net and hopefully have the numbers work in their favor.

+1 TPE

Code:
c. Atlanta's big storyline is their incredible depth. They have eleven players that have logged 10 or more points so far in the playoffs. If you're Seattle, how do you try to contain three lines of unending offensive pressure? If you're Atlanta, how do you ensure everyone is able to continue to contribute against such a stellar defense?

As always, every game can go in either direction as parity is much closer than it was in prior years.   But Seattle will have their hands full to keep the pressure on this kind of depth.   When it comes down to it Atlanta will need to make good line pairings against Seattle and hope to catch some of the less seasoned defensive players on the ice when the big guns come on.   Again - keep putting the puck toward the net and the odds are in their favor.

+1 TPE

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3257668

+2 TPE

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IICAN See the Future (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Last season we had a lot of surprise finishes that shook up the groups quite a bit this time around. Do you think last year’s top teams will stay there? Was that an anomaly? Why or why not?

Well Switzerland is still a contender but I do not think that we are being taken as seriously as in prior seasons.  We have lost a few top players to retirement, which definitely hurts, but I think our ability to put a seriously talented team on the ice year after year will continue to work in our favor.  We are only in the round robin portion of the event so far, but things are looking good to have Switzerland progress nicely.  I've been spoiled by the gold, but willing to take any medal this year.  Predictions seem to not favor Switzerland, but that has never stopped us before and gives us a good chance to wreck some TPE from some others.    Obviously US and Canada have large groups, but it has been shown time after time that it isn't all about depth and FHM's randomness can very likely play in our favor. 

+3 TPE

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Jumble Up (150 words min.)
Take your SHL/SMJHL team’s name and enter it into an anagram generator (like this one: https://ingesanagram.com/) and generate a new team name! Choose one of the mixed-up results and tell me why it would be a fun choice for your franchise to rebrand to! Give me some jersey and logo ideas as well!

Ohhh, I like this one.  I threw New England Wolfpack into the anagram generator and got a lot of junk, but 2 stuck out to me that I thought may be interesting.

The first is lock newfangled pawn.  I do not know why I liked this one other than the fact it has the word newfangled in it.  Definitely feel like newfangled isn't used enough.  So maybe we are from some Lock somewhere (I know it's Loch, but play along here) and the team are the Newfangled Pawns.  Could go with some fancy new logo based on a chess pawn maybe? 

The next is clank newfangled POW.  Again I picked a Newfangled term, but who does not like the work Clank and POW?  Is it POW like someone just got punched or POW as in Prisoner of War?  You decide! 

Clearly I should never be put in charge of naming a new team or branding.  But strongly agree that it should have newfangled in it.

+3 TPE

Code:
23. Written, 2 TPE, Dreams (100 words min.)
Sticking with the “last prompt is just letting people write about themselves” idea, here we go! I’m curious to know what sort of things you hope for in the world! What are your dreams? Maybe that’s a dream job, a dream house, an opportunity for your kids. I don’t know! Whatever you want to write about. What do you hope for in the future?

It is so hard to pick a single thing to write about.  World peace, end world hunger, help reduce global warming, all those things that are good for the world are definitely near the top.  But then if I go for thinking of myself and my family first, I really just want happiness and everyone to be a contributing member to society.  Would be great if someone cured cancer or created something that changes the world, but I'm equally happy if they are happy waiting tables, being an accountant, or anything else that meets their needs.  Happiness is priority here and that's my greatest wish.

+2 TPE

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2022, 02:35 PM by boom. Edited 4 times in total.)

1. CW trivia word: ripper

Quote:c. Atlanta's big storyline is their incredible depth. They have eleven players that have logged 10 or more points so far in the playoffs. If you're Seattle, how do you try to contain three lines of unending offensive pressure? If you're Atlanta, how do you ensure everyone is able to continue to contribute against such a stellar defense?

With deep teams, all you can really do is try your best to get the favourable matchups you want. Players like Kermit Murphy, Daryl Urquhart and others will have their work cut out, as they'll likely have to face lots of minutes against a deep team. For Atlanta, they have a similar task as they'll need to manage their lines carefully to create mismatches and break the stalemate. Having the advantage of being able to run three lines ensures that the Inferno can keep their opponents guessing who they need to contain.

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE, It Gets the People Going! (150 words min.)

There’s been some great Stanley Cup Playoff marketing campaigns over the years. Lots of us probably know the “Because it’s the Cup” series of commercials, for example. Well for the S66 playoffs we’ve really turned on the money faucet and we want YOU to give us the next great playoff ad campaign. Tell me how you’d go about promoting the S66 SHL playoffs in a way that will have people talking about it for years to come.

The Challenge Cup has been around for a really long time and has produced a lot of incredible memories. The league's current crop of talent would have grown up watching the STHSers of the day go at it every year in the playoffs. Thus, my ad campaign would be called "Inspire" and would centre around this, as well as the next bunch of talent just coming up through the SMJHL now. The ad campaign would show old-time highlights of players from the STHS era, along with younger photos of players who said they grew up watching them/modeled their game after them, and then newer highlights of these FHM-era players tearing it up on the ice. The theme would be really inspiring and paint the league as this timeless creation that's become a part of the culture. The clips would also show these players lifting the Challenge Cup after achieving their biggest goal, reminding everyone what all these players strive for. Finally, there would be shots of fans enjoying the playoff games, particularly young fans who will grow up to be the SHL's next generation.

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE, League vs. League (150 words min.)

Could any SMJHL team in history (if they were NOT capped at their usual 350/425 builds) have beaten any SHL team in history a 7 game series? Why or why not? What historical teams do you think are good candidates for this trial? Who do you think is the best team in SMJHL history and the worst team in SHL history? Would the J team have a chance? Make your case!

There have been plenty of bad teams in SHL history, but I'll make a case that the peak S64 Newfoundland Berserkers could have beaten the S54 Tampa Bay Barracuda. That Barracuda team was bad, with the goal of losing as many games as possible and shipping off everything of value for picks. The team would have sold off the bolts in the wall if they could. The Berserkers, in contrast, were absolutely stacked with talent and had tons of capped players who went off to the SHL next year and had lots of TPE. One of the bigger weaknesses would be in net, as the Barracuda only had the aging Johannes Leitner and inactive Tobias Lindeman as their backup. I'll be biased as well and say that the S56 Vancouver Whalers could have given them a run as well. That team was stacked with capped talent thanks to some savvy drafting, and a defensive core of Ryosuke Sato, Slimey Snail, Johnny Shuffleboard, Sarah Burke, Zebulon Leavitt and Lonnie O'Donoghue - all above 350 TPE and Sato one of the class's top earners - would be excellent at shutting down the popgun Tampa offense.

7. Milestones +3 TPE

Quote:16. Written, 2 TPE, Top Line (100 words min.)

Since using Canada is cheating and Bordeleau's adopted country of Latvia doesn't have a ton of players, I'm going to go with the Quebecois all-time team. At centre, we have potentially the best two-way centre of all time in Patrice Bergeron. Mario Lemieux and Maurice Richard join him on the wings, providing some of the best scorers of their eras to provide some great scoring. The anchor of the defense is one Ray Bourque, the legendary Bruins and Avalanche defender who put up over 1,500 points over a 22-year career. Joining him on the back end would be Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Kris Letang, who is in the later stages of a great career but is still a great threat. In net would be Patrick Roy. With three Conn Smythe trophies and four Cups to his name, there is no goalie who would be more useful when it comes to the clutch. This starting lineup would provide relentless waves of offense, strong two-way defense, and a legendary goalie.

Quote:23. Written, 2 TPE, Dreams (100 words min.)

Sticking with the “last prompt is just letting people write about themselves” idea, here we go! I’m curious to know what sort of things you hope for in the world! What are your dreams? Maybe that’s a dream job, a dream house, an opportunity for your kids. I don’t know! Whatever you want to write about. What do you hope for in the future?

I'm just starting a program to become a schoolteacher and I hope to be able to help people achieve their dreams. I want to be true to myself and never be afraid to say what needs to be said. High school, which I plan to teach, is a really tough time, and I hope that through my teaching I can make it better for at least one person. As well, I want to uphold the values of my family and live a good life with those I love. Someday I hope I can move in with my girlfriend and we can have a life and family together. We care about each other and lift each other up and I want that for a long time.

TPE: 15.5 + trivia/16

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2022, 01:43 PM by lilstifler. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:

Verification word - lilstifler

Code:

CLAIMABLE LINK

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IICAN See the Future (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Last season we had a lot of surprise finishes that shook up the groups quite a bit this time around. Do you think last year’s top teams will stay there? Was that an anomaly? Why or why not?

With each season, the event remains increasingly interesting as teams stay stronger and stronger. As much as I don't want to admit it, I certainly can't expect to win the title straight away from my team, but I would love to win a number of games so there are real opportunities to get into the play-off games. But now let's look at the favourites for this tournament. I think we can definitely add a Swiss team to the leaders, not for nothing they won the championship last season, which means the team is in a good enough lineup as well as the coaches doing everything right. The core of the team hasn't changed, so I'd say they're one of the main contenders for gold. As in the latter, I would like to name the Swedish team. The Swedes have also struggled with themselves for a long time to get medals at all, but this year's dream may also come true. As the third favourite team I want to name a Finnish team, I've always loved Finnish hockey and that's why I always admire their game and hope they get things right. But as we've seen before, then anything can happen and I think some surprise will happen this season as well. (211 words)

Code:

Although many people do not know a country like Latvia, they will certainly all hear these names and surnames, which I will name, because our country has always stood out with some brilliant hockey player.
G - Arthur Irbe - I think there's nothing to add here at all, the Latvian Hockey wall, it still calls him, although there are goalkeepers who could take that status away from him in the near future.
D - Karlis Skrastins - Iron man. Rest in Peace Buddy.
D - Sandis Ozolins - Also without any comment, the only Latvian who has managed to win the Stanley Cup.
F - Zemgus Girgensons - Latvian NHL's relentless value, his style of play is interesting and gambling. A proper working dwarf in every team.
F - Teddy Blueger - the young Latvian striker. A very good player who will definitely deserve to capture his number in the Latvian Hockey Mecca in the future.
F - Helmuts Balderis - Yes, he would say that he is something of a North American Gretzky, only in the Latvian version.
(168 words)

Code:
17. Written, 3 TPE, Home Town (150 words min.)
In seasons past I’ve asked about your favourite foods or favourite things about your home country, now let’s get even more specific! Where specifically are you from in your country, and what do you like about it? Tell me some fun facts about your players home town and the kinds of places that you liked to go growing up!

This is really a very interesting topic to think about. As many people know, I was born in Latvia. Closer to that, I was born in Liepaja. It is a beautiful city on the coast of the Baltic Sea. Given the time I was born, things didn't look as beautiful either, because the city, like the whole country, was part of the USSR, so that time might not be as beautiful and aesthetic as it would like. But I can definitely recommend visiting this city now. My favorite places were definitely closer to the sea, because it's a big plus, though, that there's actually a chance near home to enjoy beautiful sunsets, and enjoy the sea altogether, because many can only dream of it. As well as being able to always enjoy the cleaned-up core of the city when I get home right now, it's changed, the houses have been renovated and the streets of the city are getting more and more new gusts. Because I didn't have a lot of leisure because of hockey, I preferred the factic to rest by the sea the most. At the same time, nature itself is also very beautiful and enjoyable. (198 words)

Code:

a. I'm not sure many people would have seen this coming. Two teams that joined the league at the same time, both making the finals and competing against each other for their franchise-first cup. So... who do think wins it all? The first time to the Challenge Cup Seattle Argonauts, that have been dismantling higher seeded teams through their entire playoff run? Or the President's Trophy winning Atlanta Inferno that are back with a vengeance after a S64 Challenge Cup defeat?

c. Atlanta's big storyline is their incredible depth. They have eleven players that have logged 10 or more points so far in the playoffs. If you're Seattle, how do you try to contain three lines of unending offensive pressure? If you're Atlanta, how do you ensure everyone is able to continue to contribute against such a stellar defense?

d. Seattle's powerplay has been on fire contributing 14 goals up to this point, which comes out to almost 30% of their goals scored (50G total) in these playoffs. Atlanta on the other hand have managed just 5 power play goals, which is only 5% of their scoring (59G total). In your opinion-- is this a good thing for Seattle, or a good thing for Atlanta? Maybe a good thing for both? Do you think a dynamic team like Seattle that can capitalize on so many of their PP chances will lead to Atlanta playing scared-- worried about what might happen if they enter the box? Do you think a relentless Atlanta team that is so flush with even strength scoring is going to be too much for Seattle to take?

a.) I certainly wouldn't be a very correct person to ask that question because I've been a Seattle lineup player, but overall I'd say this finals series is going to be very tight until some team doesn't get through the strain. Both teams are capable enough to do big things, proven by the fact that they are in the final. Good luck to both! (68 words)

b.) I definitely pick the Seattle side. Definitely motivation would be able to keep this very talented player at a good level. At the same time, it shouldn't be overstated that a player just doesn't stay conceited because it could lead to discord within the team, which I don't think anyone would want to experience. The key is to continue with the manners that have already begun and everything will work.

16/16

1. Trivia (3 TPE)
Verification word: Grease

7. Milestones (3 TPE)
Milestones +3

18. Procrastinator (2 TPE)
I don't know if anyone can really say that they were surprised with the outcome of the playoffs since the President's Trophy winning Atlanta Inferno also lifted the Challenge Cup. What I was surprised about, however, and pleasantly so, was how far Seattle made it. They took down the top three teams in the West, including a sweep of the Panthers, to make the finals as the 5th place Western team, and even gave Atlanta a run for their money. Even though they beat my team, they were a very fun team to watch and easy to root for. For all my gripes with FHM 8, it's refreshing to see that upsets and Cinderella runs are now possible as it makes the league that much more fun and unpredictable.

20. Jumble (3 TPE)
For the Chicago Syndicate, our new team name will be the Chicago Sad Nicety. This is a pretty accurate way to describe us, since everyone in the locker room is just a little bit subtly sad, just a little Easter egg that if you join us you'll find it brings us all together as a team. For the Quebec City Citadelles, our new team name will be the Quebec City Castle Deli. That's right, we're converting the Citadelle into a massive meat shop, so get it fresh here today. We have all the basics, and on top of that we also specialize in mutton from the finest rams in Death Valley, venison from the finest elk in Saskatchewan, and some of the largest cuts of calamari you'll ever find from the Atlantic Ocean, just off the southeastern coast of the United States. We also carried muktuk from the Pacific Ocean, just off the southern coast of British Columbia, but that has been discontinued for animal conservation reasons.

21. Treasure (3 TPE)
The greatest treasure of the Chicago Syndicate has actually been hiding in plain sight this whole time. For a little backstory, we all know the tale of Jack and the Beanstalk, but few know that this story is true, and even fewer know that after this giant beanstalk was cut down, one magic bean still remained. For years, this bean would pass hands for great treasures but nobody ever dared plant it in the ground out of fear that they would draw the ire of the great titans above. Eventually this bean fell into the hands of perhaps the most infamous man in Chicago's history, none other than legendary mob boss Al Capone, lesser known as the founder of the SHL's Chicago Syndicate. For years the Chicago Outfit held this bean as a threat towards the government, that if they ever interfered too much it would be planted in the heart of Chicago and the city would be overrun by giants. Eventually, as times changed and the crime family's grip on the city loosened, they decided to once and for all bury the hatchet (but thankfully not the bean). In a symbolic gesture, and to ensure that nobody could ever sneakily take it, the Outfit encased the bean in 2500 cubic metres of concrete, plated it in stainless steel, and placed it in the centre of the city that they once ran. This monument is of course now known as Cloud Gate, a tongue and cheek name inspired by the conspiracy theorists who have known all along that the titans still exist in the heavens, and we should be glad that they can't come down to earth as they nearly did once before, for it would spell the end of humanity as we know it.

23. Dreams (2 TPE)
On a maybe too real note, the one thing that would solve the most problems I have in life right now would be a job that doesn't make me hate waking up in the morning. Unfortunately I've never had a job like that and I wouldn't know how to go about finding it, but I have to hold out hope that it's out there and I can figure out how to get there. Other than that, I hope that the world, especially people with power, can find more compassion in their hearts, as this would go a long way in making it a better place for all of us to live.

3+3+2+3+3+2=16

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2022, 04:29 PM by The__Y-man__100. Edited 6 times in total.)

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3257733

+3 milestones

7. Trivia word: Yeet

2a. I am putting my money on Atlanta to win. Hotdog is an absolute beauty who has worked so hard to build his team up over the seasons. Not to mention they had TEN more wins than Seattle during the regular season which shows the birds are flying high and the people with the boat logo can't get on their level
2b. The only way to stop a hot goaltender like Willie Miller is to do the unspeakable. Yep you guessed it, pull a Chris kreider and absolutely ram that guy, become a league wide hated player who has a small dick and a disgraced legacy. To me this is the only way to ensure victory, but who will make the sacrifice?
2c. If I am Atlanta I keep on feeding my players with the exact same meal routine and personally tuck them into bed and give them their goodnight kiss, Not saying I would enjoy it, but if this is what it takes to keep up the momentum then it is a small price to pay
2d. While is is a lot easier said than done, if I am Atlanta, knowing that Seattle scores soooo any goals on the power play, I might as well sacrifice some team aggression if that means we can keep them from sending out their god tier unit. However 3 Atlanta players are in the top 10 for penalty minutes in the playoffs so that might be a problem

3. Welcome to the S66 SHL finals commercial take 1. The song " My time " by Fabulous starts playing and the camera shows the audience that there is a zipline from the roof of the hotel directly into the stadium. Atlanta hawks players in their suits go down the zipline with angel wings that are on FIRE! Immediately getting of the Zipline Seattle Argonauts super fan Keanu reeves is standing at the entrance where Atlanta's team captain gets into a Matrix themed fight. after going back and fourth for a bit, the captain summons a fleet of Hawks that simply pick up Keanu and fly him away. Two more hawks fly in after the fight bringing Kaye West and Jay Z (long time Hawks fan). the rappers hold the doors open as the players rush into the stadium followed by the massive amount of fans. Once everyone is inside the two rappers close the doors and both directly look into the camera saying "Because it’s the Cup"

5. Oles had one of the most remarkable SMJHL seasons in history. Leading the league in points as a 350 TPE player (competing against 425TP players) is not easy. Word on the street is his secret weapon in his homemade moonshine. Ovi likes to drink coca cola while he is playing hockey, Kessel likes to eat hotdogs for his pregame and after game meal (while also being a physical anomaly in the human species as he is so over weight yet so fast), and Oles... Well Oles like to use his grandfathers home made moonshine rather then use the nasty smelling slats mid game. There is nothing to be concerned about, his tolerance has built up so much he actually finds he is less coordinated when there is no presence of alcohol in the blood stream. Why would Oles be sharing his secrets? because he knows the north American players do not have the strength to drink such intense liquids, and instead stick to their 2% beers

16/16

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

dope

3. Written, 3 TPE, It Gets the People Going! (150 words min.)
There’s been some great Stanley Cup Playoff marketing campaigns over the years. Lots of us probably know the “Because it’s the Cup” series of commercials, for example. Well for the S66 playoffs we’ve really turned on the money faucet and we want YOU to give us the next great playoff ad campaign. Tell me how you’d go about promoting the S66 SHL playoffs in a way that will have people talking about it for years to come.

For the 66th season of the Simulation Hockey League, the committee for slogans, logos and merch went through a handful of slogans and logos for the Challenge Cup playoff run. However, there were only a few that made it to the top of the list and that are considered "game ready". First one being: "Are you up for the Challenge?" This forced players and fans alike to answer the question. Which, in itself, is a challenging question to answer. The 2nd slogan being: "FTC: For the Cup:" However, there were a few other leagues that ran similar solgans and it never really got past the legal pad of the committee member. What the last and final, and one that ended up being used was: "Create your own destiny" This resonated well with the staff, the test groups, the teams, the fans, the management, and was an easy was to kick off the season 66 playoff run of the Simulation Hockey League.

Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s final series? Did the engine switch make a difference for you?

Well, well, well, well, well. That's 5 wells, or exactly how surprised I am that Atlanta Falcons, I mean Thrashers, I mean Inferno won the cup. It should be no surprise that by quietly drafting quality players and drafting with in the margins that a team like Atlanta went to the cup finals two years in a row, and won their first ever. Did the sim engine change from Fantasy Hockey Manager 6 to Fantasy Hockey Manager 8 have any influence in this decision? I'm not sure I say it did. Atlanta was a quality team before the change, and made a few select changes to stay competitive the following season. So it's not defintive that it did. If they win again next season, or in 3 seasons, that may be a different story.

20. Written, 3 TPE, Jumble Up (150 words min.)
Take your SHL/SMJHL team’s name and enter it into an anagram generator (like this one: https://ingesanagram.com/) and generate a new team name! Choose one of the mixed-up results and tell me why it would be a fun choice for your franchise to rebrand to! Give me some jersey and logo ideas as well!

So Philadelphia has decided to rebrand, and looked to other cities to see if they could use the same lettering. Places like Fargo seemed to work, but the other 12 letters presented a huge challenge to come up with something that didn't include Hades or Hippo in it. While Hippos would be a cool logo and are very ferocious, what happens with the last 7 letters? That's just too many to figure out, and last time we checked there aren't any Hippos in Fargo. So, here's what the genius's over there pitched for the Philadelphia Rebrand: the Philadelphia Gofers. Yep. The Gofer(s). You see, there isn't a S in the OG Forge branding, so we're taking a bit of creative license here. Now, this may seem like it would be a good A or AA team name (looking at you Huntsville Trash Pandas), but for a Simulation Hockey League team name? It seems a bit absurd, but that's the way it goes sometimes. So, Go Gofers!

23. Written, 2 TPE, Dreams (100 words min.)

What does the future hold? That's always the age old question. I've been in my line of work for around 16 years now. Which is crazy since I'm only 33. I started working in restaurants when I was 16 and never looked back. Now that I have over 15 years of experience, over 10 years of management experience, and 3+ years in a Partner type role. I'm ready to branch out and do my own thing. I'm tired of making other people money and putting all of my hard work and effor and expertise into not getting recognized for what I do on a daily basis. So, in the next 18-24 months I hopefully will opening my own venture.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3257742

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2022, 03:38 PM by natedoeshockey. Edited 13 times in total.)

Code:

patyatime

+3 TPE

Code:
Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. I'm not sure many people would have seen this coming. Two teams that joined the league at the same time, both making the finals and competing against each other for their franchise-first cup. So... who do think wins it all? The first time to the Challenge Cup Seattle Argonauts, that have been dismantling higher seeded teams through their entire playoff  run? Or the President's Trophy winning Atlanta Inferno that are back with a vengeance after a S64 Challenge Cup defeat?

d. Seattle's powerplay has been on fire contributing 14 goals up to this point, which comes out to almost 30% of their goals scored (50G total) in these playoffs. Atlanta on the other hand have managed just 5 power play goals, which is only 5% of their scoring (59G total). In your opinion-- is this a good thing for Seattle, or a good thing for Atlanta? Maybe a good thing for both? Do you think a dynamic team like Seattle that can capitalize on so many of their PP chances will lead to Atlanta playing scared-- worried about what might happen if they enter the box? Do you think a relentless Atlanta team that is so flush with even strength scoring is going to be too much for Seattle to take?

a. Patya am thinking that Atlanta am winning this year for Cup. Let Patya tell you why. Patya am knowing that Seattle much surprise and much more good team than people think, but Atlanta am been unstoppable for all of this season. Atlanta never stop and only know for how to destroy all opponents!

b. For keep Willie Miller hot, just need for getting him reps in practice and making sure he seeing and feeling many pucks. As for how Atlanta am going to solve, same way Atlanta been solving everyone for all season. Atlanta offense much dominant, similar to Colorado Avalanche who am win Stanley Cup. They am just never stopping attack and am relentless.

c. Not sure how Seattle am contain. Nobody this season am figure out how for contain Atlanta. Patya am just say try your best and focus on much big playmakers if possible but this very big task against Atlanta. Patya think that for Atlanta, if not broken, do not fix. Just keep sticking to strategy that has worked for all of the season. This how you make success!

d. Patya think that Seattle lack of even strength scoring much big advantage for Atlanta. If Atlanta can keep players out of box, this mean Seattle scoring much hampered and must force them to play 5-on-5. It bad for Atlanta but they am so strong at 5-on-5 that Patya not think it mattering. Maybe Seattle am score if Atlanta in box, but Patya thinking Atlanta am too much for Seattle to handle.

+4 TPE

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, It Gets the People Going! (150 words min.)

There’s been some great Stanley Cup Playoff marketing campaigns over the years. Lots of us probably know the “Because it’s the Cup” series of commercials, for example. Well for the S66 playoffs we’ve really turned on the money faucet and we want YOU to give us the next great playoff ad campaign. Tell me how you’d go about promoting the S66 SHL playoffs in away that will have people talking about it for years to come.

Patya am thinking, if NHL this successful with this, why not SHL use also? Patya thinking NHL maybe never see this because is not for pay attentions to SHL being best league. Therefore, Patya am say we use "Because it's the Cup" ad campaign! Am show clips of amazing plays from all playoff teams with announcers shouting much loud! Am show best players do beautiful skills for score goals, am show big hits, am show peoples what they am wanting! But, because this SHL, maybe am change just a bit. Maybe am have much cooler music or more flashy editing. Maybe hype up peoples who am run the sims and people who am doing commentary. Also, because is SHL, am also for sure come to agreement with mods of popular internet websites like the Reddits for make advertisements on hockey forums for playoffs! Maybe even do bracket challenge similar to NHL style! Winner of this get big prize of monies!

+3 TPE

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, League vs. League (150 words min.)

Oh, this much good question for Patya to answer. Patya not thinking that any team in history of league for SMJHL am able to beat even worst of SHL teams in 7 game series. Is just much too difficult for SMJHL team even if much good. Patya want make comparison for you: AHL team am probably never going to beat NHL team in 7 game series because NHL is just one more step above AHL. Is not much fair. For this Patya go to SMJHL and look at Newfoundland Berserkers. Remember when Newfoundland am win many Cups in a row over seasons? This probably best SMJHL team ever. Now we take infamous no win Tampa Bay Barracuda from SHL. Patya am think Barracudas still crush Berserkers in 7 game series because even if worst team in SHL history, am still better than SMJHL team. Patya not thinking there is any way for Berserkers to win this series because am just not have as much skill as Barracude, even when Barracuda much bad.

+3 TPE

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Secret Weapon (150 words min)

It’s never too early to start thinking about how you’re going to gain a competitive edge next season! How is your team going to go the extra mile to get wins next season? Is it a secret training regimen? Sneaky equipment modifications? Booby trapping the visiting teams’ locker room? Anything goes.

Well, Patya am not supposed to be saying this to you, but Patya am let you in on secret weapon of New Orleans Specters for next season. You want for know what it is? It being Patya and Atticus. We am special weapons. We am set for destroy. We am much strong players from class of season 61 and we am here for end all other teams! I mean, Patya am also saying that this not only special weapon. Specters am still having many good players on team, and also many good goalie! Specters am push harder in practices from now on and also do much more for updating skills. Specters have brought in many new staffs to make team even better! Patya am much excite for get to work and learn many new things! Patya always say that most important thing is for never stop learning how to play the hockeys. Patya like sponge that soak up all knowledge, and Specters am also like sponges too! Patya knowing Specters am ghosts and Patya see Ghostbusters but Patya know these ghosts built much different.

+3 TPE

Code:

Milestones Claim +1 TPE

+1 TPE

Total TPE: 17 out of 16 max TPE

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

Task #4 - 3 TPE

Honestly the only SMJHL team I can think of is the S62-S65 Newfoundland Berserkers. I say this cause I was part of this team and this team was able to win 3 4-Star Cups and make the finals all four of those years, so yeah they were pretty good. I think S63 or S64 would be the preferred team. I saw one from those seasons as those teams had so many players producing points, contributing to plays and had some of the best goalies in net to provide the full team effort. If there was no cap this team would be unstoppable and be able to challenge some of the SHL teams in the league. With players like Rashford Al’Thor, Valters I guess, Pope, Emeril, Tommy, Jay, Alex, AJ and Jonas the Zerks would be on top once again. Find us a bad team and we’ll probably beat them by like a few goals or something.

Task #5 - 3 TPE

The best and only upgrade to give the competitive edge for my player will not only enhance their skills but be the next logical step in the human evolutionary process is with cybernetic enhancements. Now this may cause some upheaval amongst hockey purists and those who want to keep the integrity of the game intact but this is the next step baby. So my first thought is that the place to for the enhancements to go is in the eyes or in the leg muscles. My thought for the eyes is they’d be able to pick out gaps in a goalies play style or give me the best location to shoot the puck or the percentage odds of completing a certain type of pass. The enhancements to the leg muscles would be all about power. Increasing the power of my shot, my stride to go faster and being able to be way less fatigued than the rest of the players. Cybernetics are the future of hockey.

Task #7. Milestones - 2TPE

Task #17 - 3 TPE

This will be tough but here are some facts and interesting things about the city of Moose Jaw. Moose Jaw Saskatchewan is the fourth largest city in the province of Saskatchewan in Canada. Moose Jae is located West of Regina and south of Saskatoon. Moose Jaw isn’t a very big city as it only has 33,000 people living in it, but it is the provinces fourth largest city so that’s fun. Moose Jaw has a series of tunnels underneath the city originally as a way for citizens to go from building to building downtown keeping the steam furnaces running before these tunnels were eventually used by Chicago mobster Al Capone as a place for him to store alcohol during prohibition and used as a way for the alcohol to be transported across borders. Now that last part hasn’t really been proven to be true or false but for since it’s a story, I’ve always heard growing up its true. Those are some of the fun facts about Moose Jaw

Task #20 - 3 TPE

As a member of the Monarchs I thought it’d be fun to put ‘Monarchs’ into an anagram generator to see what happens and what some possible rebrands could be. The best option by far is ‘Corn Mash’. Now this is a wild team name and the only corn mash I can think of is baby food. For a rebrand there wouldn’t need to be much done in terms of colours, just get rid of the purple and replace it with yellow. The main colours would be black with green and yellow being accenting colours. As for shoulder pad logos corn stalks is the obvious answer. As for a logo itself probably an angry corn on the cob with some teeth missing, some eye black on, holding a hockey stick and wearing some gloves to really make it clear it’s a hockey player. Now I’m not sure if Minnesota is the place for corn so they might need to relocate for it to work, but that’s up to HO

Task #23 - 2 TPE

Honestly a dream I’ve had and I think would still be cool to try and accomplish is to make it or be famous. Now I know this might be difficult but I think it’d be really awesome to be known for something. Outside of that another dream I have is being able to be a good role model for my kids whenever my wife and I decide to have them. Someone they can look up to and someone they can trust at all times. It’s a challenge that I’m looking forward to and hoping I can accomplish with the time I’d have with them.

Total: 16 TPE

[Image: keithley.png]
[Image: mcalister.png]