Create Account

Eddie's Scouting Reports: Adam Kunitz (2x Media Week)

Scouting Report: Adam Kunitz, 16-year-old Center

Height: 6’2”
Weight: 220 lbs

Kunitz is a fabulous, well-rounded talent that every young center should be and more, he’s got no serious weaknesses to address, so for the first time writing these articles, I can coast on what he does well. On the offensive side of the puck, he can release an incredible shot from nearly anywhere, and his vision and ability to get open means he’s never in a bad spot to shoot. He can also take the front of the net, reading the play and using his puck skills to bat in anything that won’t go in without some insistence. On the defensive end, he can make the big check to break up a dangerous play in the corners, and can make the big, brutal check to destroy an offensive play before it even begins. Of course, being a natural center, his faceoff skill is admirable, and his agility and balance make him a shifty play, able to quickly dodge and weave his way through the neutral zone with knife-like precision. His acceleration and speed make him an X-factor in any area of the ice, and his strength means he can balance it with grit and tenacity. For the first time in this draft class, we have someone ready and willing to drop the mitts and go a few rounds, and his natural tenacity and bravery mean even the toughest son-of-a-gun better watch his mouth or stick around Kunitz.

He's a new face to the draft class, but he’s one I’m certain we’ll be seeing a lot of over the course of the next few seasons. He’s a future captain in my eyes, someone who can do it all and who’s weaknesses aren’t weaknesses, but simply parts of his game he can learn and grow as he goes along. If there’s a guy I’m picking to go at the top of the draft, it’s Kunitz every day of the week.

Eddie Morozov signing off for now. Stay tuned for more info and more reports from my trips abroad scouting the next SHL stars!

Word Count: 374

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs