Create Account

Thank You Yukon
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2022, 07:49 PM by Toivo. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
ready for grading word count: 343

The Player's Tribune -- Reed Kobo "Thank you, Yukon"

Thank you, Yukon

[Image: MoYDRBO.png]
Heading into the SMJHL Season 64 draft, I had no idea where I would land. I was still knee-high to a grasshopper as a prospect. I watched the draft live, pick by pick came in and I was still unsure. The first round passed and I was still teamless. Then towards the end of the 2nd round, the Anaheim Outlaws announced from the podium: Reed Kobo!

Alright, time to get started as an Outlaw. General Manager Fluw was actually the first to scout me, I should have seen it coming. But he wasn’t even scouting me for the Outlaws at the time. In my rookie season, I put up 19 goals, 12 assists, for 31 points in 66 games. I was aiming for a physical style and recorded 71 hits that season.

That was the final season of the Anaheim Outlaws. The team packed its bags and headed to Yukon as the newly rebranded Malamutes. Season 65 is when my game really started to elevate recording 51 points and 124 hits. Season 66 saw my production make an even bigger jump with 84 points, 165 hits and an 82 game rating. There was some good chemistry going on with Oles Kobliska, Billy Blazes and myself. Unfortunately this good season did not translate into a Four Star Cup for Yukon.

S64 19G 12A 31P 71H 56GR
S65 26G 25G 51P 124H 62 GR
S66 38G 46A 84P 165H 82GR

Easily the best part of Yukon is the locker room and users like Fluw, Big Newff, thevoicelesscreator, Finch, bibleman19, adison, Ace, kevcon80, CybershadeEDM, The_y-man_100, Yagoyi, ItsSwitchh, mrlightning_yt, Zema, Legend, djconrad, and Mr_Klank. <3 Love y'all.

Thank you guys, and Thank you Yukon.

This off-season I will am heading to Los Angeles, my SHL team needs me. I will miss donning the Malamutes crest and I wish for nothing more than to see all of y’all lift up that Four-Star Cup at the end of the season. Go get em!

Reed Kobo

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]