Create Account

S67 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2022, 10:10 PM by Jayba1t. Edited 1 time in total.)

ONLY S67 SMJHL Rookies (S68 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT. This is NOT for people who got drafted into the SHL (S67 SHL Draftees).

If you want to be drafted high in the SMJHL entry draft, you've got to make sure you're on teams' radars. Fill out the following questionnaire compiled by Head Office and the General Managers to earn some easy TPE and show everyone more of who you are and what teams get if they draft you!

Reward
6 TPE for completing all the questions.

SMJHL HO Questions (5 Questions)

Code:
- Player Name:

- Position:

- Recreate or First-Gen?

- Recreates: Who was your last player?

- First-Gens: How did you find the site?

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers):

SMJHL GM Questions (14 Questions): 

Code:
- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)

- Is water wet?

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team?

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?

- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team?

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league?

- How do you feel about walruses?

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately?

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included)

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why?

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role?

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline: The start of the S67 SMJHL draft

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2022, 10:44 PM by ACapitalChicago. Edited 1 time in total.)

- Player Name:
John Brown

- Position:
Right Defense

- Recreate or First-Gen?
Recreate

Joseph Weston

N/A

ACapitalChicago#7196

---

As many as necessary for the SHL

- Is water wet?
Yes. If water was not wet, it would be dry. Water is not dry.

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team?
I want a place that I can help drive involvement and happy memories, something that I can call home and thank for my time there.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?
I want to spend as much time as possible in the J, just because it's an irreplaceable experience you only get for so long

Where I go, I go. I'm happy to get drafted wherever, and want to help drive activity and involvement no matter what team picks me.

I had not

They're pretty cool, Jamie Hyneman is a cool guy

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional.
Oh man. In short, I got to meet Braden Holtby once at the St. Louis All-Star game, and tell him just how awesome he was in person and how personally important he was to people like me. I full blown cried.

I love board games. For real hit me up we play every Friday on TableTop Simulator

I'm torn between A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L'Engle because I loved that book growing up, And Then There Were None because I love mystery novels and it's one of the best, and The Wit And Wisdom Of Abraham Lincoln because it's got so many great moments in it.

Wow, this is actually kind of a hard one. Immediately I'm struck by the thought of "having fun" but that's pretty obvious and unhelpful. I think the most important part of a fun league experience is having meaningful relationships. I've seen teams go through both highs and lows, and what made it matter were the relationships they built along the way. Literally the real goal was the friends we made along the way. If you make good friends from the League and have a good time with them, then I think you've succeeded.

Milotic! I grew up on Gen III with Fire Red & Emerald, and working my fishing rod till it metaphorically broke to get a Feebas was always something I did the instant I possibly could. Something about the tedium of getting a Feebas, maximizing its beauty stat, and then finally getting a Milotic, man that's such a good feeling.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role?
Heavy defenseman if possible, defensively oriented most preferred, but individually I'm pretty flexible with whatever the team needs.

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?
I've been told I can act a lot like a golden retriever.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2022, 11:22 PM by bluesfan55. Edited 2 times in total.)

Player Name: Sebastien Regazzoni

- Position: C

- Recreate or First-Gen? Recreate

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Mitchell van der Heijden

First-Gens: How did you find the site?
N/A

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): bluesfan55#6333

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) Probably at least 1 or 2 a day. I start college tomorrow so I'll get an idea of free time in a week or so

- Is water wet?
Yes

Somewhere I can feel welcome and have fun. Winning doesn't matter, I just want to be able to develop into the player I want to be

Depends on the situation. If the team needs me, I'll go up, but if I love where I am I'll stay as long as I can. I want to be a star by my third juniors season.

Sure

Yes

Eh

Pretty obviously game 7 of the 2019 SCF

F1

The Age of Football: Soccer and the 21st Century by David Goldblatt. Combines my passions of soccer and international affairs into a pretty easily digestible book

A good ol enjoyable locker room

None because none

Mostly a speedy center. Think of that one player in chel (for me, Liam Foudy) who had JETS. That's what I want to be, but with a more polished game. As for role, whatever works for the team. If they need a defensive player, I'll do that. If they need an offensive player, I'll do that.

I dislike dogs stemming from a traumatic childhood event so I wouldn't choose one.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

- Name: Hai Nam Hoang

- Position: LW/C

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Borys Franciszek.

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? /

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Eddie#4798

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? 1-3, which is enough, usually.

- Is water wet? Is air dry?

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team? If they play in the SMJ, it's a team I'll play for.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? Whatever makes me the best player I can be, I'll do it.

- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team? See two questions ago.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? Shockingly, yes!

- How do you feel about walruses? Love those Jamie Hyneman-looking guys. (meaty whack) (both chuckle)

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional. Watching the 2008 Final Game 6 with my dad is an impression I'll never shake off. Really hope to live that experience again.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Making and editing videos have been a hobby of mine so far, I suppose.

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) Keith Gave's The Russian Five

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? Being able to enjoy the experience without getting frustrated and overly attached.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Pichu. Always an afterthought.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? I'm looking to create the rare playmaking LW/C that can play in Gretzky's Office.

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? Bulldogs. Two of them. I'll name them Buff and Chunk respectively.

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs

- Player Name: Filip Lund

- Position: LD

- Recreate or First-Gen? Recreate from a long time ago

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Sim Browski

- First-Gens: N/a

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): SimmiZ#9527

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) It depend, I have an unusual work schedule, but I would say between 6-8 hours a week

- Is water wet? water can be whatever it want

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team? I know it sound cliché, but fun first. I want to know some new guys, and enjoy my time.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? I want to make a good amount of time in junior. I dont want to rush to the SHL.

- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team? I dont mind. Whatever team will draft me, I will answer present and be active.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? What is a Kelowna?

- How do you feel about walruses? They haunt my dream every night

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional. I have score the playoff final goal in the 2nd overtime period in Bamtam. It was unreal

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? starting to learn Unity to program my own game

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) hard to choose one, but for it would be Dune. This book serie made me fall in love with hard sci fi.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? The people that made it livealmost like a real hockey league and even more. and Making good frendship with other people.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Snorlax is just my spirit pokemon XD. Who wouldnt want to nap all day.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? I want to be a defensive defenseman. I want to block more shot than the goalie.

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? Bernese mountain dog. Just to be a big fluffy boy that just want love and napping all day.

Code:
- Player Name: Nathaniel Barca

- Position: Right Defense

- Recreate or First-Gen? Recreate!

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Karl Krashwagen

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? Reddit over 3 years ago

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): No thanks

SMJHL GM Questions (14 Questions)

Code:
What is a "free hour" Most of my free time is spent checking in on happenings in the league. Let's say several.

- Is water wet?
Is dust dry?

A team with good management and compete

Long and sucessful. You're only in the J for a brief window on a long career.

If they build around this class sure.

Yes, I quite like Kelowna, it's a beautiful city.

Love them. Also Maine should probably update this question :eyes:

Fernando Pisani picking off the sharks SHORTHANDED in OT, walking into the slot and roofing the puck. Turned a dire situation into elation.

Reading and my sim leagues. Been reading a lot more lately which has been really nice, but I still get pretty anxious thinking there are other things I should be doing.

Red Rising: Morning Star. working through Dark Age currently and it may take the pile, we'll see.

All the new friends we make. This life is fleeting and our acquaintances from here tend not to longer too long. So make the most of the rest of your life.

Blastoise. Because he's a badass with fricken cannons on his fricken shell.

Yes. In the image of Adam Barron

German Shepherd. They are smart, loving, loyal, and they can be scary if needed.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

- Player Name:
Cale Salad
- Position:
C
- Recreate or First-Gen?
Recreate
Nathan Thomas
recreate
Kalesalad#9212

- Is water wet?
Yes water makes you wet

Likely headed back to Maine but open to other teams. Active LR and good people.

Win a championship, want to contribute and help and team win it all.

Would prefer a team that is on the cusp or is competing then a rebuild.

Yes I am from Canada.

Walruses are a very interesting animal. I recall Honk and Chonk being great teammates on the ice as well.

Pulling off possibly one of the most ridiculous comebacks and upsets in a series on my first gen player with Maine.

Watching TV and movies when I have down time from raising my kids.

Harry potter, one of the only books I have ever read.

Having a great LR is makes everything on the site better regardless of wins or losses.

Mewto, guy is completely badass and physic abilities are pretty awesome on top of looking very cool.

Be a reliable 2 way center but have more of an offensive touch.

Well I have had a few dogs in my life but our next breed we are getting is a great dane. They are amazing family animals. Otherwise I would get another lab or aussie shepard cross.

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

- Player Name: Nash Topalo

- Position: Defense

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Zoltan Topalo

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? N/A

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Rangerjase#8082

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) Not many for myself, but plenty for shl

- Is water wet? no

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team? Just another fun (or existing) LR To be in

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? - Looking to be the goodest boi. Would love to win a cup of course. Just looking for a good time

- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team? Sure. All teams are always rebuilding in the J

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? lol definitely not

- How do you feel about walruses? They are pretty cool. Nothing against them

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional. Was at game 5 Rangers v Capitals when the Rangers scored with 3.3 seconds left to force overtime. Ended up scoring early into OT for the win. 

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? DnD, Coffee making. I want to get into coffee roasting but, need more time for that.

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) At least once a year I try to re-read the Darth Bane trilogy and ready player one. Just super fun books i really enjoy.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? Community building. Keeping people having fun and engaged.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Charizard. Was my first Gen favorite mon. Some things never change.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? Working on a stay at home defenseman. Nash is a dog. He stays at home. so that just makes sense to me.

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? Wow. I'm already a pomsky so. No need to be another breed of dog amirite.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2022, 01:38 PM by Rublic. Edited 10 times in total.)

6 TPE for completing all the questions.

- Player Name: Davos Otasrob / Updates Page

- Position: Right Defense

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Atlas Rush

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? Found it in season 4

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): rublic#5796

SMJHL GM Questions (14 Questions): 

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) I'm on multiple times daily

- Is water wet? is dry ice wet?

Locker room experience is the most important. An active locker room makes for a more competitive team.

Depends on when my SHL team needs me but I usually like to stay in junior for as long as I can.

I will happily play for any team that drafts me. It's probably more likely I get drafted with my brother, Lazos Otasrob on a rebuilding team anyway

I have. And I've been there!

We both have awesome moustashes

Playing NHL video games growing up with my brother.  We would each make 3-5 players and put together a team with them then we would go through a season to see how many points our players got. 

Sports, gaming, cocktails, whisk(e)y, wine and beer and DND

maybe not THE best but I really enjoyed Flashpoint Paradox

Friendly welcoming community of players is the key to having fun. Both within the team structures and the league overall

Cubone or Sandshrew.  Loved cubone for his bone weapon and sandshrew for his rolling talents.

Im looking to build an intelligent crease clearing defenseman leaning towards more of a defensive player.  in the Chris Pronger, Dustin Byfuglien, Darian Hatcher role

Aussie Shepard. I need constant distractions... this site is a great one

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates

- Player Name: Barefoot Sugars

- Position: LW

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Tam Bunnings

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): dasboot#1845

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) Not many

- Is water wet? No but my wife is

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team? Maine Timber

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? Win awards, win cups, beat up on people 

- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team? Dunno, is Maine rebuilding?

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? Yes been there

- How do you feel about walruses? Big teeth, bigger penises 

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional. Being disappointed with the Sens every year

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Yeah, brewing beer

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) The bible because it's the only way of life

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? Good locker room, which I know Timber has

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Pikachu because Pikachu

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? Hard hitting, piss everyone off shit head

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? Sausage dog because my belly nearly hits the ground 

[Image: Sugars2.png]

- Player Name: James Lutz

- Position: LW

- Recreate or First-Gen? First-Gen

- Recreates: Who was your last player? N/A

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? Found out through teammates in the PBE

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): jlutz1425#3544

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) 2-4

- Is water wet? No, ABSOLUTELY NOT.

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team? I hope to learn more about the build I would like to create and be led in the right direction.  I also want to be an important contributor and hopefully be a part of an active team.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?  I want to be a dominant player and I would like to come into the SHL after my juniors career as one of the top prospects from my class.  I don't have a clear sense of how long I want to be in the minors, but I want to be ready to help contribute in some way before I am called up.

- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team? I am open to joining any organization.  It would be fun to help turn a rebuild into a competitive team.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? No, I don't really know about any teams

- How do you feel about walruses? They are big, slow, and overly fuzzy, but they have really cool tusks.

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional.  Watching the Pens win back to back cups in 16-17

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Cooking, talking sports, other things

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) I don't really read, but honestly, I would have to say the Bible.  Probably don't have to explain that too much.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? I really enjoy watching my player grow and watching my team grow.  It is important to have teammates on the same page who care about trying their best to win.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Flygon - I just remember getting a really cool card as a kid and I've like it ever since

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? I want to be a two-way power forward who contributes on both ends of the ice.  I want to be an analytic freak who controls the game.

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? Probably a German shepherd, just because it has a good blend of characteristics and is really cool

[Image: lutz-first-sig-shl.png]

- Player Name: 
Andrei Nikitin

- Position: 
LW

- Recreate or First-Gen? 
Recreate

Steven Thomas

N/A

LightningDragon#3657

5-10, work from home so it varies but I'm usually around on Discord

- Is water wet?

Maybe, but it sure is deadly

I want to join a great coaching staff who can prepare me the best for my SHL career.

I want to go Pro. That doesn't mean I won't help out the team of course. But this is someone who wants to make an impact on the big stages ASAP.

Sure. In fact, it would be pretty cool to help a rebuilding team win the big one.

Yes, and it happened to be where my first player went too!

They are certainly happy it seems. At least until an Orca sees it.

Going to my first game. It was a blast as a kid and inspired my love of the game!

Board games and pickleball recently!

Percy Jackson, because nothing is better than divine smites of angry teenagers.

Being present to celebrate and work. A good team environment is not only what I look for, but what I strive to help create.

Oshawott because it was my first Pokemon in the first one I played.

I'm fully committed to defense. Obviously if SHL teams need a more two-way forward I am open to that, but I have started and continue to excel on defense, even as a forward.

Golden Lab. Because they always seem to be happy!

- Player Name: Adrian O’Rugg

- Position: Center

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Ruggs McOoooh

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? N/A

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Ruggsy#7042

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) well theres 128 hours in a week, and I work 40 of them. So about 88 hours free

- Is water wet? Yes it gosh darn is

I want to have a bunch of buddies who win the cup 4 times and tons of toxicity and drama is key

I would like to be in the J for all 4 seasons, beyond that ofc I would like the team to be successful but not super concerned about my players stats. 

no

snoop_WHO?.gif

I think overall they are a pretty good animal. I think they are in the hippo category where they usually wont but they could fuck you up hard if they wanted to.

Im sure if I thought about it more Id think of something else, but a few seasons ago I got to sit right up against the ice and ross the boss johnston got in a fight right in front of us. It was such a great time.

I like to play games but nothing really new lately. Actually I guess SW5E would count here.

Pillars of the Earth which is a historical fiction that follows an architect who is put in charge of erecting a grand cathedral. I like it because I really enjoy medieval stuff in general but with the added architecture it was just a dream. 

Being around people you enjoy

Tactimon because hes got a sword

I want to be sound defensively but a bit more leaning towards the offensive side. 

Boxers for sure just cause they are so dopey and care free, they can have a ton of fun and crash in nap mode just as hard

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

- Player Name:
Edvin Kalberg

- Position:
Left Defense

- Recreate or First-Gen?
Recreate

Valtterri Kauppinen

N/A

python#7936

---

too many

- Is water wet?
No. It makes things wet.

As long as the team isn't toxic, I'm good.

I'm a GM in the SHL, so who really knows. It'll be according to NOLA's needs, mostly.

I genuinely do not care.

What's a Kelowna?

they're pretty cool i guess

When Tuukka Rask lost his skate blade and they didn't blow the whistle.

not really tbh, just Game

who reads in this day and age?

mostly the social experience, though winning is fun sometimes too

Totodile and Feraligatr. I like most things reptilian, and Feraligatr is also cheeked up.

Shutdown defenseman bby.

corgi cuz i'm short lmap

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

- Player Name:
Loosh O’Sullivan
- Position:
C
- Recreate or First-Gen?
First-Gen

dirtyboygrease
Luciano#4125
- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)

maybe 3 idk

- Is water wet?

yea…. it aint dry

a chill environment where my player can develop

big leagues asap would be cool but i mean.. im brand new

sure idc

nope

big teef

probably watching some of the ‘99 stanley cup finals moments as a kid (on vcr)

music, video games

havent read books in a while.. but I guess I really enjoyed animal farm

a chill lockerroom

Rayquaza because Pokemon Emerald was the first pokemon gmae I played

Offensive playmaker with strong positioning & a bit of a shot on him
golden retriever.. there’s no other option