Create Account

(Double Draft Media) A prospect review!
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2022, 04:19 PM by JamesT. Edited 5 times in total.)

Well, it’s that time of year again. The SMJHL season has come and gone. First off I want to say congratulations to the Nevada Battleborn, definitely a much deserved cup win. But now, the draft is near. The SMJHL is a very strange league when it comes to drafting. You really hope you get those gems who will max earn to hit those 350 TPE and 425 TPE caps in their early years. This year will be the start of the S67 SMJHL Draft, and I cannot wait to see all these prospects play! We have a good amount of re-creates and some new-creates! Some of these new-creates could have found us from other sim leagues or reddit. But less talk about where the players came from, let's learn more about them!

This S67 draft class has a ton of fire-power, even for a small group. We have people among the likes of user’s Toast, ACapitalChicago, Sopath, etc. All of these people have been in the league for years now, and know exactly what they are doing. They all will play a key role with whatever team picks them. Let’s go out and learn more about each individual user!

Toasty O’Bigbers - D (aka. Toast)
Toast has been in the SHL for a very long time. Known for his current GMing time with the San Francisco Pride and his S9 and S28 Challenge Cup victories. Toast has been one of the better users in the league, having league jobs and being able to buy Personal Coaching with that big bank account of his. I would not be surprised if he goes Top 5 in the SMJHL draft, maybe even Top 3!

Davos Otasrob - D (aka. Rublic)
Rublic has also been in the league for a very long time. Rublic was a part of 3 Challenge Cup victories with the Calgary Dragons in S27, S29 and S50. Rublic also has a very large amount of money to earn him that sweet Personal Coaching to really boost his TPE production. Rublic has already earned himself a nice sum of TPE prior to the draft, and I'm very excited to see where he ends up!

Filip Lund - D (aka. SimmiZ)
SimmiZ, another reliable user in the SHL. Joined all the way back in 2015. Has some good experience in the league but no cups to show for it. Already earned himself a nice amount of TPE to catch the scouts attention. I could definitely see this user going high in the draft.

Heath Nico - D (aka. Beaty)
Beaty is another user that joined in 2015. Although, Beaty has been much more active in the community then SimmiZ. Beaty does not have the same amount of cash as some of the other users in this draft, but I can very easily see this user doing well with this player. Already earned some TPE as well. It’s always good to see that.

Sebastian Regazonn - C (aka. Bluesfan55)
Bluesfan is very well known around the SHL. Very active in the community and has some good history here in the SHL. Bluesfan has already got an insane amount of TPE with a whopping 196 off the bat. Part of the 2K Club and has a ton of championships to their name. I would not be surprised to see Bluesfan got 1st Overall in the S67 SMJHL Draft.

Guinness O’Bigbers - LW (aka. Sopath)
Ah yes, Sopath. The GM of the tanking EDM team. Sopath has been a part of the league for about 5 years now, and he knows his stuff. Owning himself an S60 Four-Star Cup with the Newfoundland Berserkers. He definitely has a ton of experience and for sure will be a key piece on any roster.

Bastien Primeau - RW (aka. MrPrime)
MrPrime, another great user in the league. MrPrime has been a part of the league since 2017 along with Sopath. He has a nice sum of money to get that Personal Coaching that everyone wants at the start of a new season. He also has earned himself a good amount of TPE along the way. He is definitely earning his way up the draft stocks.

Swiss Cheese - G (aka. NamelessNate)
Everyone’s favorite position, goalie. NamelessNate has definitely chosen one of the hardest positions to play in the SHL. NamelessNate has yet to create an update page yet for this player. Hopefully we will see some more action out of them soon.

Ragnar Lothbrok - D (aka. SecondSucks22)
SecondSucks knows their stuff. Very active in the main SHL discord, and has earned a lot on the start of their players career. Yet another defenseman in this draft, I might add. Won the Challenge Cup 3 times with the Hamilton Steelhawks in S51, S53 and S56. They are aiming to get back on track for another Challenge Cup.

Hai Nam Hoang - LW (aka. eddiesnothere)
Eddie has definitely earned himself a spot among the top dogs this draft. Eddie has been doing all sorts of Media, earning TPE and engaging in the community. A ton of teams have taken notice of Eddie and I cannot wait to see how his players career pans out.

John Brown - D (aka. ACapitalChicagp)
ACap is very well known across the league. He is known for being the SMJHL Commissioner. He definitely knows the tricks of the trade when it comes to earning in this league. Any teams that pass on him may soon regret it in the coming seasons.

Nathaniel Barca - D (aka. CementHands)
Another defenseman eh? Well, that doesn’t matter. CementHands is another well known user across the league. They are a part of the 2K Club in the SHL. They are the current Co-GM of Maine Timber. With the rules in this league, Nathaniel Barca is auto-drafted into Maine, but I’m sure they won't complain.

Nash Topalo - D (aka. Rangerjase)
Jesus christ, is this defenseman shit ever gonna end? Anyways, Rangerjase is one of the nicest users I have ever met personally. Super nice to talk to and knows his stuff. Everyone would love to have him around, sharing his famed dog, Nash, and the locker rooms. Jase is also a part of the SHL Head Office, and is also a banker. He obviously knows what he is doing and I cannot wait to see where he ends up.

Cale Salad - C (aka. KaleSalad)
Finally, another position other than defense. Kale is most known for being the GM of the SHL team known as the Philadelphia Forge. They have been a part of the league for a good amount of time, and are ready to get back into playing. Has earned some early TPE so far. Yet again, they also have a very large amount of money to get that Personal Coaching everyone dreams for every season.

Edvin Kalberg - D (aka. Pythonic)
Son of a bitch, we are back on defenseman again. Pythonic is a user I'm partially familiar with. He is a very casual and laid back person from what I can tell. He has a good amount of experience in the league as well. He also earned himself a S56 Four-Star cup and a previous career.

Deemed Inappropriate - C (aka. W19eaver)
W19eaver has been a part of the league for 2 years now. (Also thank god this isn't another defenseman.) Has not earned any cups yet with older players. But knows what he is doing. Has earned some early TPE and has a good amount of money stored in the bank.

Adrian O’Rugg - C (aka Ruggsy)
Ruggsy is a fantastic user in this league. Knows what he is doing and always willing to help others. As a GM of the Colorado Raptors, he will also be auto-drafted there. If he wasn’t the GM, easily a lottery pick. Amazing user and will make an amazing player.

Well, I could go on and on about all the other prospects, but my fingers are starting to hurt and I don’t feel like writing for the next week. I hope you all enjoyed this article, and now I need to go take a nap.

Code:
1341 Words

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

I joined in 2015, but left in 2016 for personal reasons, and I just came back one month ago XD Im almost a new guy.

09-05-2022, 04:58 PMSimmiZ Wrote: I joined in 2015, but left in 2016 for personal reasons, and I just came back one month ago XD Im almost a new guy.
New guy or not I still think you are gonna do very well in this league. You also have a pretty good head start in things aswell! Smile

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]