Create Account

Eddie's Scouting Reports: Lester Oiduser

Scouting Report: Lester Oiduser, 16-year-old Right-handed Defenseman

Height: 6’
Weight: 210 lbs

Oiduser is a prototype of a physical, stay-at-home defenseman. An excellent balance of skill and grit that is incredibly hard to play against, and someone whos’ impact doesn’t tend to show on the scoresheet. He’s got incredible skill in using his body effectively, able to lock down a player on the boards to neutralize a chance, and he can deliver the kind of crazy open-ice hits that make fans of both teams stand up and make noise. Besides that, he has incredibly sound positioning, able to use the dexterity he has to make plays with his stick to disrupt the offense, and he has no bones about making a block to save his team from a goal. His ability to read the play is superb, and he has the instinct to know the best play to neutralize any chance. His speed and acceleration make him deadly through the neutral zone, and he can use his agility and balance makes his one of the better players at keeping the puck away from the opponent. He’s got the strength and the intensity to go right through you if he needs to. A very well-put-together player overall.

If I had to say there were places for Oiduser to grow, it would certainly be his shot. He struggles to get good accuracy and distance. It’s likely the most pressing issue he’ll need to take care of before he plays meaningful games. As it stands though, he’s one of the more complete players for this draft, and I can’t see him as anything else but a valuable contributor to a team that takes him in tonight’s entry draft.

Eddie Morozov signing off for now. Stay tuned for more info and more reports from my trips abroad scouting the next SHL stars!

Word Count: 324

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs