Create Account

S67 PT #1: Media Mogul Due: September 25th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

By hockey media I assume you mean in real life as opposed to the league itself. I used to love listening to the Bobcast. I get why he ended up doing away with it but it was a great way to get the news and insight from a great commentator without the filler. Sometimes I'll check out 32 thoughts which is kinda cool I guess, its not the same as the 'Bobcast' but its got the same kind of information you're looking for without worrying about someone plugging their overpriced Vodka or their out of line 'hot takes'. Other than that I kinda just cruise Twitter or Reddit for the latest news, I used to check out sites like RMNB or Crossing Broad but kinda fell away from that as sometimes its clear their run by homers and not objective thinking fans. Would be nice to have something like the 'Bobcast' again though, I could listen to that all day.

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: gill.png]

Simmer Pass

Hockey Prompt

It always makes me laugh when a clip from a French Canadian broadcast is posted on reddit and most of the comments are like I love the passion, so much better than ESPN or TNT. And I'm like bro it's Pierre Houle, he's the goat, of course his calls are great. But most of the games are on TVA and Felix Seguin is the absolute worst, no wonder none of his calls are posted. Renaud Lavoie can barely put 2 English words one after the other so all interviews are dog shit. The most popular shows that cover the Habs are all drama seekers like l'Antichambre and Dave Morrissette. If at least they had the charisma of Stephen A. or Skip Bayless but no, just a bunch of dudes yelling after every losses. The written content used to be good on La Presse, I'm not sure anymore. My hockey media empire would have the number one rule of no former player or coaches who coached 30 yrs ago.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

player prompt
ok so what you gotta know when doing a twitter takeover is that with all these new angle rhythms you gotta learn to take even harder quicker angles to outspeed them and confuse them me and the boys on our other better more truthful platform dont have to worry about that thanks to the big guy where we can be free from the left winger media and their zoomer dangles but on the twit land you have to confuse it by using words and sentences that dont really make any sense outside of our cool guy context so first off instead of tweeting man i hate the left winger beaver tap agenda long live the dump and chase the artifical smarts of the twitter are gonna angle ya so what you should say instead is haha stringer wrangler big boofs that way you have taken a whole new angle to the situation yep

PT Pass

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

I spend a fair bit of time reading media about hockey - both in terms of social media and full articles. It’s devolved a bit but I really enjoy the Athletics coverage especially when it comes to their more in depth pieces. I enjoy media that kind of peels back the curtain and shows you what’s going on behind the scenes.

In the SHL - I miss @juke media. The graphs. The stats. It had it all and it really made a difference in how people approached the league. I felt like we were able to take a much more informed approach to the league as he sort of demystified a lot of the building and performance in FHM - not to the point of breaking it but to eliminate some of the frustrating guess work. They weren’t secrets, but just data that was suddenly digestible. The slow down in juke media was a loss for the SHL but hopefully we get a spare piece or two every now and then.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

These days Twitter takeovers and appearing on Tik Tok just seems to be a part of the job when it comes to being a professional hockey player. So how does your player handle this? When it's their turn to show up on the team Youtube, are they excited for it? Are you the type to be coming up with fun ideas for content and goofing around with the social media team? Or maybe you go to increasingly insane lengths to not appear on camera? Is this a welcome part of the job, or just something you have to do? (150+ words)

Ben WAters Jr. is a big big big fan of social media. He's always on the tikc tock . All the time. His favorite social media moment with his team is when they told him hey WATERS! go get some goals buddy! and then he scored em and they put on the twitter. He welcomes the part of this job tht this is, but he would never let it into his house! they are not welcome! But sometimes, waters is just a little too shy to go on comaera. When this happens. HE decides instead that he will run away from the challenges of fame. They will say hey WATERS! get on camera! and he will sprint away at usain bolt mock speed and will escape the premises. They never find him, and they never catch him. One time he did a twitter takeover and he said very bad words, very bad things. They took him off the twitter and he wasn't seen agian.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Hockey prompt written. I do a lot of reading on hockey prospects and player evaluations for my fantasy hockey dynasty leagues that have yearly drafts of NHL prospects. I really enjoy scouting players in the Canadian junior leagues and reading about their game, play style, strength/weaknesses, character, etc. I also follow and read a lot of info on college hockey in the USA and follow that pretty closely as well. Some sites I enjoy are Dobber Hockey writers, The hockey writers, mckeens hockey and elite prospects. There's some good writers within those websites and they put out some very good articles on NHL prospects. I don't read a ton of articles on NHL veterans but I get my daily player news from sites like rotowire and rotoworld. I follow the NHL closely as well through watching games and highlights and daily player news but don't read any specific larger articles on the NHL. If I had my own media website it would be about the NY Rangers prospect system and I'd cover all the prospects closely throughout their developments.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

HOCKEY PROMPT

Ah shit, here we go again. I'm from Montreal, the city of the Habs. If you know Montreal and the Habs, you know that us, the fans, are pretty die hard ones. We are legitimately living for the team to win a Stanley Cup. The media in Montreal are, in my opinion, one of the worst in the entire NHL. They do not hesitate to throw a player out of the boat when they are lacking stats. Their expectations for Habs' players are wayyyyyyy higher than ours. Every single prospect is supposed to be our new lord and saviour according to us. The kid just scored a goal in a prospects' practice? HE IS THE NEXT GRETZKY!!!! Players have so much pressure on their shoulders because of them. We are already demanding supporters in terms of performance on the ice and wins. Montreal's media are way more demanding than us. Anyways, my favorite reporter was and will always be Chantal Machabée. She is the GOAT reporter and a lot of MTL's players loved her when she was a main reporter for the team. She is now working for the Habs and she deserves it so much.

[Image: dad.png]

David-Arturri Donskoi
Regina Elk
Hey I'm DAD can I adopt you?

Friedensreich Hundertwasser loves showing up on the team YouTube. He loves to do box breakings of hockey card deals.
He actually pulled his own rookie auto NHL Badge 1/1 live on stream from a booster box break.
On Sundays he also does Pokémon card pack openings. Occasionally he'll do special vintage packs from the early 90s but has yet to pull his elusive chase card of the Charizard shiny.

When he gets forced to actually talk about hockey he'll usually hop on a stream with Nikolai Boyle, shoot the shit. This usually starts with them badmouthing the up and coming teams they're playing then moves on to discuss the post game parties they'll be going to and what they'll be drinking.

Occasionally he'll jump on and stream some warzone with Ole Olson and Iorek Bjernison. They aren't very good but have an ongoing bet yo see who can stream the most crossbow kills

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac

With all of the new fangled social media, Jaysson Aitokllaio is wandering through the strange new world of social media. With all the stuff like Youtube, Tik Tok, Instagram, Twitter, all coming out in the past 10 years. My agent told me to not be on them at all. but here we are, posting tik toks wiht my girlfirend and our dog skating around or whatever. And with instagram, I am just commenting on my teammates pictures really, and then when I have to do the ad of me signing autographs. For youtube, I dont do none of that. For New England, we have a youtube channel where we post mini documentaries of the offseaosn or whatever. And then for twitter, I have my "main" one where I post all the official stuff, and I retween when I get re-signed. But then I also have an alt account hwere I can really be who I am

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

PT Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

It took a while for me to really get into ingesting a lot of hockey media. I'm a fan of a smaller team in terms of popularity, and being in Canada it meant very little coverage and often just uninformed coverage when it would come up

I started truly following the team specific media (Tom Gulitti at the time) who did an incredible job. I've followed his work since as he's been excellent, just no longer the Devils beat writer.

Amanda Stein has since linked up with the team and she is an excellent Twitter follow to keep up with the squad.

In terms of current media, I primarily use the Athletic. I had bought a sub on a sale years ago and it has been great for getting me information about the teams I like, and league-wide as well. There's a wife variety of articles you can find from random fluff, to in depth advanced stats and prospect breakdowns so it really checks all the boxes for me

A local outlet for the Devils has also recently hired a new beat writer who seems super promising to start, so excited to see what he can do

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

Hockey Prompt

The key flaw in nearly all hockey or sports related media, especially so in Canada, is that often times people/companies often do one of two things, either they trying cater to the whole, like giving a little bit to everyone in an effort to not box out any doors, OR go super focused on one specific team or city etc. I think it is pretty clear that for people looking for media one of the two would be preferrable because either you want to hear/read about YOUR team or the league as a whole, but personally I would like to hear more about the whole league, but still maintain some focus on not just MY team, but maybe my division, or my country, or my conference etc. I feel like it is very difficult to find the in-between in any form of media. I love to consume things that mention my team in any format, but there is a huge disconnect when it comes to anything else, as I could tune in or read about the league and have nothing of interest pop up for me because maybe they spent the whole time talking about a team or division that is competitively irrelevant to my personal experience, which is fine for those who care, but to me its like wasting a lot of time so I would just go consume my team focused content. This can also go inverted as many in Canada experience as the whole countries NHL rights are based in Toronto, so the whole season is basically told and consumed through the eyes of an area I don't live in. Going so far as to be watching my team play on TV in my cable package, with the transitions all saying the other teams name and sponsors etc. Its a bit jarring that sports media can at times try to be so whole-viewed, but then also completely miss their shot with such neglect. I just want to have media available that doesn't assume I don't want to hear about anything else in the league, but also not be so general and generic that it is basically irrelevant to everyone who is looking for a quicker fill-in on their team. There is some cross-overs usually, but in nearly all cases, a broadcast, podcast, article, is only written with one of two markets in mind, the whole sport or a team specifically. Why can't media just be crafted around a division or balanced around a group of teams that are often intertwined, it just feels like it always needs to be fully zoomed out on the whole league, or max zoomed without a care for anything else. it would be nice to meet in the middle more in all types.