Create Account

S67 PT #1: Media Mogul Due: September 25th @ 11:59 PM (PST)
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2022, 10:05 PM by Evok.)

Player Prompt

Nevek Kove is actually a great enthusiast of Social Media. He has an account on most of them, Tik Tok, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. It's more than likely that you've seen him posting some content related to the Quebec City Citadelles and his hockey training than not since he joined the team two years ago. He's the one that does most of the classic video such as "when are the teammate arriving at the rink for the 7pm game" or asking important question to his teammate such as "is there more wheels or doors in the world". He also love posting video of morning skates and training. Most of his teammates goes along with it, sometime trying to pin him exactly where his camera is set up on the board so the fan can have some nice rush of them getting back at him. What people liked the most to see are the video with the team mascot Superb Owl where he snuck him out one day without management knowing to bring him home.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Speedwagon loves the attention and looks forward to the days when he's featured on the team's social media. It's the only way he's the headliner these days, since that doesn't happen on the scoresheet. One goal. 12 assists. He's not bitter about that at all.

When it's his turn on the Twitter handle, he opens up the lines to chat shit with the fans. With boundaries, of course. The fans get their turn to be vicious toward him (like pointing out the fact he has one goal as a winger through 15 games) and he takes shots back at them in return (like pointing out to them how stuck in the past they are with their practically ancient Reginald MacIntyre jerseys). And when he's not in roast battles with the local fans, he's using the platform to update everyone about how his personal stock portfolio is going. It's been going pretty well of late, especially in the oil sector. Might be some money in that, or perhaps that could be leveraged to something else.

(174)

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

PBE Affiliate: Sebster

[Image: 8pRoFZH.png]

SSL Affiliate Claim

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Hockey content fills my life whenever possible. I constantly refresh r/hockey throughout the day to get my fix (it's been a long off-season) I also frequently check Twitter for more content when I've bled reddit dry. Otherwise I like watching the hockey guy and he's been the only thing that's really kept me sane over the summer. I particularly like his reviews as sometimes I don't have time to watch the game so I can catch up one I missed. Other than him I like the wally and methot podcast as I am a senators fan. They're good because they frequently have good guests on the podcast including current and former players. The bardown show on YouTube isn't bad, particularly their quizzes i enjoy but they don't seem to do them that often anymore.

At this stage in his career, Xavier Doom doesn’t care about hockey media as a whole. Entering his 13th SHL season, he’s done enough messing around on Twitter, and he’s honestly just over doing anything with Tik Tok. That’s what the young whippersnappers are for. However, he doesn’t want to just be the grumpy old man, so every now and again he’ll participate in some fun social media gags just to endear himself to his teammates. He’s a big fan of pulling some pranks on other players, and even sometimes the fans too! He’s been pretty good at doing just enough that he creates a connection with fans and his teammates, but he doesn’t have to constantly be the “face” of the team’s social media endeavors. The only time he’s always open for hockey media business is whenever the reporters from Iceland are in town. As arguably the greatest SHL player from Iceland, Doom’s home country likes to check in multiple times during the season and write articles about how “Iceland’s Greatest Export” is doing. (175)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

PBE Affiliate

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: uMyJK4x.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2022, 10:35 PM by juniped.)

Written Task: Do you enjoy the kind of hockey media you see out in the world? If so, why? Who are some of your favourite writers? What are some of your favourite types of content? If you don't enjoy or engage with hockey media, why not? What kind of things are missing for you? If you could start your own hockey media empire, what would you like to do differently? (150+ words)

I think the biggest thing that keeps me from engaging with Hockey Medie is that I have never been exposed to it from a young age. When I was younger I never had a reason to engage with hockey media, I was raised near the ducks but to be honest we never went there as a family. I was raised a baseball kid so that’s kind of the media and the teams I always gre up consuming and watching. Now that I’m older a lot of the media I consume about sports is often very analytical and numbers based approaches to sports. I know that the analytical media exists in Hockey but to be honest I wouldn’t even know where to start. I have my podcasts and my favorite writers in baseball, and I have teams and players that I know. I would love to get into hockey more and media is a good way to start but I don’t really know where in media to start.

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]

Hockey prompt

I am older than your average SHL’er. When I was a kid, I remember looking in the morning paper to see who won the hockey games the night before. So for a guy like me, seeing the internet take off and changing how the world works, including the way I got my hockey news. The ease of being able to find out the latest news of my beloved Montreal Canadiens is wild. I can find out what the team has done or even what they are currently doing. It has been a treat to see how things have progressed. There are multiple sites I go to for hockey news, but I’d say the first site I always ccheck but most is Reddit, mainly the r/Habs rubreddit for the Habs. There is some decent content and I enjoy my time there. I also have to add in the Habs SHL fan base in Team Canada’s, I always have a blast chatting with that crew.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

[Image: v443ZPw.png]

Germany Elk Aurora [Image: vKrOFwy.png] [Image: VbtOVyg.png] Aurora Elk Germany

[Image: Thunder39.gif]

Hockey Prompt:

There's a lot of hockey media that I find dull especially as there is a huge drive for clickbait articles. The articles about rumors can be fun, but most people who write them seem to just be trying to make a name for themselves. Obviously there are big exceptions such as Bob McKenzie, who always seems to be in the thick of it, even now seemingly a big part of trades and free agency rumors.

But, my favorite media ever are when the players get a chance to express themselves in the Players' Tribune. Perhaps that is what drives me to write in here, in fact. Braden Holtby's article, "... And Then We Got Mario Kart Tattoos" after the Washington Capitals won the cup was a classic tale of growing up on a farm and winding up winning it all after many trials and tribulations, but it was such a nice piece that I won't forget it.

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

I enjoy most of the hockey media I see out in the world. My favorites writers include Jesse Marshall, Shayna Goldman, Dom Luszczyszyn, Alison Lukin, and Katie Strang. I think ESPN/TNT have done a good job of making hockey more accessible. I enjoy Spittin Chiclets but I wish it was less dude broish but I appreciate that they bring more personality to hockey media. Also, shout out to Rick Westhead and Katie Strang for the important work they did on Blackhawks or Beach situation and the 2003 Team Canada situation. Without them, I am not sure that anything would have been done. I am hoping to see more diverse voices in the hockey world. I think this would help call to action some of the ickiness in hockey culture. I also think hockey in general needs to do better in promoting their stars and having fun. There are way more good personalities and it would be fun to see more of that.

Written Task: Do you enjoy the kind of hockey media you see out in the world? If so, why? Who are some of your favourite writers? What are some of your favourite types of content? If you don't enjoy or engage with hockey media, why not? What kind of things are missing for you? If you could start your own hockey media empire, what would you like to do differently? (150+ words)

I definitely follow a lot of different sources of hockey media. Hockey is probably my favorite sport between it and rugby, but I definitely follow and engage in hockey more. I am a huge Habs fan and pretty much constantly dialed in on Habs news. I also take part in a lot of fantasy hockey, both typical yahoo leagues but also in a GM league for about 8 years, so I do a lot of pro and amateur scouting through the internet. It's kind of a main hobby of mine. So with those things in mind, I do tend to consume quite a bit of hockey media. I'm subscribed to The Athletic and enjoy both Canadiens content and scouting content from Corey Pronman and Scott Wheeler (although I don't always agree with their takes). Pierre Lebrun and Elliot Friedman are both great reads for up to date hockey news, and Friedman's 32 thoughts series is one of my favorites to read each week. I also spend quite a bit of time on HFHabs just to read some habs discussion. Occasionally I will watch a youtube video or listen to a podcast as well. I can't think of anything specific that is missing for me in hockey media, as I don't follow any other major sports closely enough to know what they have that we don't. Obviously it would be great if hockey grew to a larger scale though as that would correlate with more media coverage.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

The main form of hockey media I consume is podcasts. There's a few Vancouver Canucks specific podcasts, including Canucks Conversation and the Vancast, which I listen to regularly in addition to one or two more league wide podcasts which I follow to as well to keep track with what's going on in the world of hockey outside of my favourite team. I find that podcasts are just easy to consume as you can listen to one while doing some other task, whether that's during a commute to work, while going on a run or doing some other errands. There's so much podcast content out there now, as every media outlet or blog has started trying their hand at this new media form. Apart from podcasts, I read the random article here or there, but I've found that written media has declined in quality over the years. Perhaps that's due to the slew of writers employed by the Athletic, which I don't have a subscription for.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars