Create Account

S67 PT #2: Book Deal Due: October 2nd @ 11:59 PM (PST)

I would hire the greatest ghost writer that I could find and make him write a biography about me that is also slightly embellished. There was a fire in my city and I heard about it? My book has me rushing in, fighting it, saving multiple people and belongings. There was a string of robberies? You bet your ass I found that robber and delivered him to the police station after a well deserved shit kicking. The random donor to the local Children's Hospital? Me. The new wing built by the library with an anonymous donor? Me. Every good deed that can be found, I will take credit for, and the biography will read as if I am the greatest human that has ever walked the planet. Which let's be honest, isn't far off. I expect this to lead to more book deals, some tv and movie deals, and this to be the beginning of a long and VERY rewarding ($$$) media career.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Roderic Banes lands his book deal and immediately his agent is begging him to hire a ghost-writer for his biography. But a biography it is indeed! It details growing up in Western Canada, playing hockey from a young age, learning to skate shortly after learning to walk and the usual Canadian experience. It goes on to talk about his struggles in school, and finding a true sport love in beach volleyball. He covers his time in university, studying History and Humanities, with a minor in Psychology. 

And inevitably, it talks about his volleyball apprenticeship to Gengershilin Bobnokov Gershgenlishin, and their dynamic presence on the sand/court.

The hockey years take up a good portion of his biography, and go over the Season 59 SMJHL Entry Draft, and his selection by the Carolina Kraken, and his happy years there, beginning his development into a strong two-way forward. The expansion draft and subesquent selection by Montreal mark a turning point toward leadership, as after serving as Captain of the Kraken for his final year in the SMJHL, Roddy would be named Captain for the Montreal Patriotes in his rookie season, a huge honour.

While the future ahead is bright for the Patriotes, Roddy is already planning ahead for his inevitable retirement, "obviously I want to stay in the game as long as I'm able, but afterwards I plan to open a chain of hockey-themed restaurants in the Lower Mainland."

[Image: banes.png]

Melvin definitely wrote his book with assistance from his old friend, Bjorn Ironside. While he has learned how to type, and paid to get adaptive keyboards for the gigantic moose, Melvin also knows that it really isn't worth it sometimes when he has a lot to say. Bjorn has English as a second language as well, and the two of them are able to work at a similar speed of converting the language. He definitely wrote a how to land Moose ladies help guide for all of the other moose that are out there just looking for love. Seeing Melvin in the spotlight and knowing that even for him, with his millions, that it is very difficult to do, Melvin wanted to make sure that other moose felt that they could get some solid advice as well. Ultimately, while it reads like it is a 'how to date' book, Melvin is really looking at providing the life advice many young male moose need. Dig a hole, pee in the hole, and hope that the ladies around you go wild.

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

PLAYER PROMPT- OK maybe having your own book is too much work for now. We'll save that for retirement. Instead I want to know... is your player a big reader?

Nino Di Giuseppe is an avid reader and has been since he was a young boy in an Italian bordering school. However, it is not what you might think it is. The only books that Di Giuseppe has read from cover to cover are multiple editions of Websters English Dictionary’s. Growing in both Italy and Switzerland, learning English was a necessity but as a child, Nino was not allowed to watch television. In order to learn, Nino then picked up books to practice being able to read and speak the language. This method has lead to Nino to have a very peculiar pronunciation of many English words, as there was no one there to correct it. When asked about his book collection, Nino went on a rant about how he was frustrated that there was no standardized size for pocket sized dictionaries and a lot of them don’t even fit inside of a pocket. Nino said he would try to expand his reading selection to literally any other type of book but he is satisfied with the comfort that a dictionary brings him.

[Image: ADOQcvG.png]
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: wu5MVvy.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

I will be throwing it back to my former players time, which will be Luke Thomasons autobiography, the story of himself and his story of leaving czechia to pursue hockey in the simulation hockey league. The story starts when he was 5, playing pickup games with his friends, with that leading into playing for his towns junior hockey team. From that, it evolves into getting scouted by various SMJHL teams. After getting drafted by the Vancouver Whalers, his journey to getting drafted to San Francisco Pride, and the eventual trade to the Manahttan Rage. And then the long career there, winning cups, scoring a bunch of points, to then getting traded to the Tampa Bay barracuda when the Rage was rebuilding. From there, the move to the Philadelphia Forge, and then the New England Wolfpack. And then his final year where he got traded back to Manhattan where he finally retired after 20 seasons

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Philippe Eko Eel would write a scientific non-fiction book detailing the biology and extrabiological patterns of eels. He knows all about eels because he himself is an eel and he's very smart and knows plenty about zoology so he can write about what makes them long and what makes them slimy and what makes them funny. He can detail their biological taxonomy among the Elopomorpha superorder in the Actinopterygii class. Chapter 7 is his personal favorite, detailing the social structures and group/individual dynamics of eels. His other favorite is in Chapter 2 when he discusses reproductive patterns of eels cuz he gets to write about eel sex and his illustrator drew a hot drawing of a sexy lady eel that got him all randy, but he stifled those urges and kept a professional writing demeanor. Next up he plans to write a childrens book going over some of these same eel biological principles but written for a younger audience. After submitting the book, his agent informed him that the publishers wanted a book about Philippe-Eko Eel, not all eels. He went :uhoh: and suddenly pretended he can't type because he doesn't have fingers

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

PBE Affiliate

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png] [Image: 9pUocRs.png] [Image: tCcIWQC.png] 
[Image: Skree.gif]

Creative prompt:

Mat Smith has seen so many books about players' careers and telling stories in a nonfiction medium that he definitely wants to do something different and get weird with it - after all he is a goalie. In his book, Smith writes about a werewolf named Matclaw Fangsmith who escapes his bloodthirsty pack to live a life of peace and tranquility out in the woods, without hurting anyone. The pack does not take kindly to this, and so they hunt him down. At first Fangsmith must go on the run from these powerful werewolves who outnumber him, trying at the same time to avoid hurting anyone when the full moon comes out. Over time, Fangsmith finds some friends who accompany him on his journey and help keep him safe - Tam Ward the half-frog half-netman, and James Benjammin the musical monkey with strange powers. Fangsmith and his friends become stronger and stronger as they go on various adventures and escape from close encounters with the old pack, so strong that in the end they decide once and for all that to end things they must defeat the pack which raised him. The whole book is filled with Easter eggs, references and metaphorized stories of Smith's career, so it's a must read for any SHL fans who enjoy fantasy.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

[Image: V5S52dt.png]

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

PT Affiliate

[Image: P1XRN7f.png]

If Bohdan was to have a book published about him, it would definitely have to be written by a professional. He struggles with getting his words onto paper. It would be a biography for sure. Big family guy, and loves his hometown. He would talk about how he was raised. Talk about his school, his friends. He would have so many stories about the embarrassing things that had happened to him growing up. One time when he was at the market with his family, he decided that an apple that was handed to him was his "friend". Well his father took said "friend", and took a big bite from the apple. He was devastated, it was like his world had changed... for a whole 30 seconds. He would talk about how he came to love hockey, and why he decided to play. Hockey was an escape from the world. On the ice he could be whoever he wanted, and knew if he tried hard enough he could be something.

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]

Written task

Tomas loved to read as a kid. There wouldn't go a day without seeing him reading a book of some kind for many hours during the day or long into the night. It could be anything from historical dramatizations of real events, more modern sci-fi stories, spy novels à la Bond, or reading through a fantasy book series consisting of 10+ books. At some point though the interest in reading stories faded. Don't get me wrong, Tomas still enjoys a good sci-fi or fantasy series now and again but there aren't a lot of books passing through the Lind household today. He has found a lot less time to delve into the various worlds written on a page and has instead started listening or watching to similar (or adaptations) of the same stories available though other forms of media. These ways of consuming media gets the job done while he is training or otherwise doing something else.

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

Player Prompt

Honestly, as I grow older I have started reading more, however when I was younger I had no interest in reading anything. I like to stay kept up with the sports world, which is why my subscription to the Athletic is very important - great sports journalism from great writes across the world. I like to read motivational books, or educational books about building as a person, who gaining new out looks on life. I think it is important to always grow as an individual, and without taking the time to learn and study to habits you will not grow. Which is why reading is important to me. Or even listening to podcasts, I listen to a lot of podcasts while driving or traveling to the next city. There is always something to read, something that can peak your interest. It is a great opportunity to expand your horizons and I think it is important for more people to take up reading!

163 words

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

pt pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Player prompt

I'm definitely a lazy book reader, but it's just for lack of time. Usually, in the evenings before sleep, there is no physical strength to read anything, and only the social environment comes into the talent, where looking at something humorous can improve your mood. Tacu also had a time when there was more time and I could do more book-reading. I've read literature from different genres, but most of all, I have a genre of action books at my heart. It excites me more and can hold my attention for the length of the book. I've also tried to read novels, though they can hold attention, then eventually, by the middle of the book, I get a sense of what will be at the end of it. This, of course, opens up big problems with paying attention from start to finish. So detective-worthy action books appeal to me the most.

Toms Zīle - young talanted latvian goalie