Create Account

S67 PT #2: Book Deal Due: October 2nd @ 11:59 PM (PST)
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2022, 09:00 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

PBE PT

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

My player has always found a lot of comfort in literature from all over the world. He tends to lean a lot more towards German and Russian authors, but also has a couple of favoritw books from America and Asia. Everytime the team loses, he finds solace in the pages of another of his books. His favorites are War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy and For Whom the Bells Toll by Ernest Hemingway. These two texts are riddled with great characters, hard lessons and flawless writing.

Yet due to the nature of his profession, the one book he has to be reading the most is the Philadelphia forge playbook, which despite being a very good scheme, it is a tough read on some days. The part thats drags the most is the goalie section, where it shows how to protect scoochie... and we know he does not deserve that coverage... but we still love him.

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]

simmer pass

It depends on if you count audiobooks as reading. He hasn’t had an actual book in his hands since he left high school despite being an avid reader as a kid. Finn listens to audiobooks on a regular basis, probably more than most teenagers. He gets in an hour or two everyday whether it’s in the car on the way to the rink or gym or just when he’s cleaning his room. It’s become part of his regular routine. He mainly reads biographies, memoirs, or different types of self-help. His favorite biography or memoir is Mamba Mentality or David Goggins book. Occasionally, he will read mainstream fantasy books to mix it up as well. He’s currently working through Elantris by Brandon Sanderson. If he’s having a hard time sleeping, Finn will also put on the Harry Potter series as he read it so many times that he can just sort of zone out while also keeping his brain just slightly active.

If Mrs. McSaves knows how to do anything, it is to hype up the team bonding. What better way to do that than for all of us to write a book together!?  

I think we can all agree that each of us are interested in sharing our own personal journeys in life, especially in our careers in hockey. Additionally, writing a whole book is a pretty daunting task. We want to share the wreath, spread the love, and do something that hasn’t been done before. A whole book, with a brief story from each player. 

All players will get paid for their time and contributions, but even more exciting, we will all make a record in history for number of authors on one book. That feels pretty exciting. And to have created our own history book that unites our team forever, I think we will all be soo proud.

[Image: 65157_s.gif]

[Image: sFxnuL6.png]

Jones meeting Stephen King at the Northern Lights Arena

Germany Elk Aurora [Image: vKrOFwy.png] [Image: VbtOVyg.png] Aurora Elk Germany

[Image: Thunder39.gif]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

Creative Prompt. Makrus has had several authors ask to write a book about him. Makrus being a wanted fugitive, kidnapping a wolf from a nature preserve, and stealing the identity of a child all could make a good book. And those are only the things we know about him. Add professional hockey player to the mix and you can see why so many authors want to write his book. Even that guy that wrote Wheel of Time wanted a chance to tell Makrus’s story. Makrus has decided to write his own book. No other author could do it justice. No one else was there. No one can express the feeling of having your own wolf and watching it chew up a police car while trying to talk yourself out of a speeding ticket. That being said, Makrus has no literary skill what soever. His attempt at a book will likely result in a ramble of grammatical inaccuracies and misspellings. Much like this PT.

[Image: qm0v49d.png]

Potential Spam relished the opportunity to importunity to expand their brand recognition and jumped at this amazing opportunity. Instead of the classic memoir kind of format and adopted more of a self help style. In this book Spam details several strategies for self improvement each with a relatable anecdote from Spam's past. Some highlights include "Make your bed" which involved a wild story about how Spam escaped out the window using bed sheets in order to evade a persistent tax collector. In another lesson Spam discusses how to properly escape from the trunk of a sedan as they did after a simple misunderstanding arose in a real estate deal gone sour. Throughout the book there is recurring theme of self confidence more specifically that this confidence can be used as a tool but like most tools, requires experience to wield effectively. Spam was able to move hundreds of copies that unbeknownst to the public only contained the first couple of chapters.

PLAYER PROMPT

Slip McScruff privately reads quite a bit of sci-fi and fantasy. He engages in online message boards debating theories and conspiracies. He has invented his own characters in the universes of Dune and Westeros which he's written into tabletop roleplaying games. He has created his own series of fan fictions which sit in between and cross between realms like Stephen King's Dark Tower series. He has even learned how to speak Quenya and moderates an elven roleplaying server hosted in a private IRC channel.

Publicly, Slip McScruff only reads the simplest young adult novels and trashiest gossip magazines. He can't have people knowing that he's a major nerd. If that got out, his entire locker room reputation would be ruined and people would want to talk to him about his hobbies and interests in person. However, his widely used user name is "scrufdaddy" so it's not exactly a Riddler level riddle to figure out the driver behind the keyboard.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2022, 09:45 PM by jeffie43.)

WRITTEN TASK

I would like my book to describe my life before hockey and the hardships I fought before finding my way into the hockey world with the Simulation Hockey League and the SMJHL. Now I understand a lot of it has already been documented in the Fullmetal Alchemist and the Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood mangas, but those were so good, would people really complain if there happened to be a sequel or two? Obviously in this case I would obviously hire the same people who were in charge of the Fullmetal Alchemist series. The series is a staple and considered one of the greatest shows ever, why would anyone do anything to change the successful formula? I would like my story to describe the events after Edward Elric's story in the Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood story and what exactly led to him becoming a hockey player. I think it would also be cool for the story to showcase what was going on with Alphonse and his story in his one season on the Anchorage Armada

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

Player Prompt

My player, Bavel Pure, is a young buck. He hasn’t read many actual books in his life, but he sure the heck has listened to a whole lot of audio books! His generation has grown up with all of the technological advances that you can imagine. He has very rarely held and actual paperback book in his own hands. But his love of ‘books’ is stronger than most. Having played hockey for most of his life, Bavel has had a lot of time spent on a bus or a plane. He has found the best way to do that is to listen to an audiobook and fall into whatever world that might be at the time. He is very fond of science fiction and fantasy series. He. Is currently finishing his current series, a 15 novel series called Sandman Slim, he is just about to finish it and doesn’t have another series to move onto yet, so any suggestions would be great.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

Player Prompt

Minamino tries to be a big reader. It seems to be the big thing that every significant figure out there appears to be doing or at least recommends. When discussions of what people have been reading lately, there always seems to be a great conversation about this book on leadership, habit building or other forms of motivational material that helps individuals aspire to take their own practice to the next level regardless of the field that they apply in. Yet doing all of the motions of making it more accessible to read, such as buying an iPad specifically to be able to easily download and keep books on the go, as well as even getting a library card in Chicago, was not enough to get Minamino to consistently do it. Even his favorite material of fantasy science fiction from his youth still fell to the wayside given how easy it was to consume shows and other more mindless activities. Maybe he should read a book on how to build book reading habits, that might solve the problem.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

Despite seeming to be a meathead on the ice, Sconnie McHits is rather refined in his literary experiences and tastes. McHits majored in English in college, and can often be found enjoying classic poetry from Donne, Poe, Hughes, and Whitman. He's also well-read in classic theatre and literature, and can oft be found quoting Shakespeare in the locker room. Sconnie's favorite book is the Dante Aligheiri masterpiece, The Divine Comedy, and anybody who will listen will surely hear the comparisons Sconnie points out between Dante's circles of hell and the variety of levels and teams in the SHL and SMJHL structure.

Sconnie has tried to get his teammates more involved in reading, but it tends to be a struggle. Many of them struggle with reading and comprehending literature and seem stuck on books that McHits read in middle/high school, such as Lord of the Flies and Hatchet, and he gets all kinds of fired up when they try to discuss literature with him by citing whatever new hockey autobiography has come out lately.

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

PLAYER PROMPT- 

I, Lord Raiden, do not like to read. I know a lot of people find it odd. But I never enjoyed reading, it was not relaxing. I just never could quite put my full attention into any book. I often find myself reading the same line over and over and over. And still not realizing what I just read. I hated being forced to read in school and I think that is how my dislike for it started. Book reports were always a struggle and never did well. I do however have 1 "book" which is my favorite. It is a graphic novel. I guess you could say a more elaborate picture book. But I loved the graphic novel, "V for Vendetta". The whole tone of the novel was amazing. How dark it was, how in-depth the pictures were, and just overall transitions. It did not feel like I was reading. It was more like watching it play out in front of my eyes like a movie. But other than that, I do not read. I listen to music or play video games. I find those are more relaxing for me. 

-191 words

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs