Create Account

S67 SMJHL PT #5 - MVP
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2022, 09:11 PM by Rublic. Edited 1 time in total.)

I think the MVP should go to my brother Lazos Otasrob @Arkonius Not because he is scoring all the points and stopping all the scoring changes. But because I know how hard he works in the gym and on the ice. He is never not working on developing himself and improving as both a player and a person. He has one of the best work ethics I know and I know that his hard work will pay off for him in the long run. I am very excited to see how he performs in the next couple of seasons as he takes on more responsibility both on and off the ice. I know Anchorage is really going to look to him and his brother to be a solid tandem and lead the back end for the next few years. I expect him to get a little bit more attention than his brother as he is the more offensive of the two and everyone always wants to talk about points.

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates

I really have to put it out there that I think my guy, Bnana Nwaffles is quite deserving of the SMJHL Most Valuable player for this season.  Bnana has put up a league leading 47 goals, 7th overall with 49 assists for a league leading total of 96 overall points this season. Just a smidgen shy of hitting 3 digits. Bnana has a wonderful shot percentage of 22.71% and has only taken 207 shots over the 66 games played this season. only 9 of the 47 goals came on the power play, so Mr. Nwaffles was really able to find the back of the net while on the ice at even strength. Nwaffles also carried his team, scoring 27 more total points than Bastien Primeau who ended the season with 69 points. Bnanan nwaffles really had something special going on this season and he is absolutely deserving of this award. Detroit wasn't the most dominant team out there this season, but Bnana NWaffles sure made his presence known.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

In my completely unbias opinion, I think the MVP trophy should be down to Mando Lorian of the Maine Timber, Nibbles The Squirrel of the Maine Timber, and Emil Egli, also of the Maine Timber.
Mando Lorian finished second in the league in goals and only lost the lead late in the season because he wanted to ease up in order to save a few goals for the playoffs.
Nibbles The Squirrel led the league in assists and played a crucial role in burying high protein nuts and seeds around the training facility all season long.
Emil Egli led all defenceman in both assists and points in what proved to be a massive breakout year. Egli also led the Timber skaters in TOI and was the QB of one of the leagues top powerplays.
There is a lot of talent across the league, but after playing with these three all season, I can't help but choose them.

[Image: aUM7t0b.png]

Choosing MVP is always a tough thing to think about because there are so many different factors and little nuances that pertain to only that players journey that make a big impact on the choice. I think that the offensive powerhouses that are Sophie Bordeleau from the Quebec City Citadelles and Bnana NWaffles from the Detroit Falcons are both choices that stick out right away. Being the two highest offensively performing players of course makes them a good choice. Of the two I would have to give the edge to Sophie Boreleau who is spearheading Quebecs dominant season in the J. Sohie has the added duty of being a center and taking faceoffs besides making sure the team is producing. While her faceoff numbers arent amazing they are positive which is clearly working out for QCC as a whole. Both Bnana NWaffles and Sophie Bordeleau have identical GF/60 and GA/60 which I think is extremely interesting. The final thing I would use to chose between the two is the fact that Bnana has another chance next season so Sophie wins there as well.

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2022, 11:44 PM by Pythonic.)

There are so many options that you could choose for who the most valuable player might just be. You could be like every league ever and just give it to the player who scored the most points, or you can do it the intelligent way and choose it to someone who actually really was truly valuable to their team and its rank in the SMJHL's standings. Ironically enough, the person who I feel had the most impact on the standings is the one with the most points in the league... Bnana Nwaffles. Nwaffles had a staggering 96 points. The next best player on his team? 69 points (nice). That is a difference of 27, whereas on other teams, for example Quebec City, Sophie Bordeleau (88, also my #2 pick for MVP) and Portgas D. Ace (79) only have a difference of 9 points between them. There is absolutely no way that Detroit would be 5th in the league had Bnana Nwaffles not been on their team, thus despite my earlier statement about points and MVP commonality, I have to give it to them.

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

As far as offenders go, Bnana NWaffles is comfortably in the lead for league MVP, with 8 points (96 total) over the second highest point count. Pairing that simple fact with the third best +/- in the league, it's clear that Bnana NWaffles is the go-to offensive choice for MVP as an individual. When you take a step back and address the second place pointscorer, you'll see Sophie Bordeleau of Quebec City, who took first place in the standings. There is a clear argument for a player with strong output on the number one team in the league, as she must've been competing with some serious talent to take that place. This is evidenced by her teammate being 4th in points. Those are my two picks for an offensive player as MVP. For defenders, Emil Egli is my standalone pick, as he is the points and assists leader, and is the only member of his team's defensive unit in the top ten on the leaderboards, despite finishing 4th in the league. I unfortunately do not have a goalie candidate.

There are many players that could be in line to win the MVP for this season but the three biggest names that I see for MVP are Bnana NWaffle, Sophie Bordeleau, and Portgas D. Ace. Bnana NWaffle is in the running to be MVP due to an unbelievable season with 47 goals and 96 points. Those 96 points are 8 points higher than the next closest person, 96 points are an incredible number to hit during a season and prove MVP status. Sophie Bordeleau is another person in the running for MVP due to being second in points with 88 and the league leader with game winning goals at 9. Posting very good numbers overall during the season. Last person that I see winning MVP is Portgas D. Ace, I can see them winning because during this season they posted a game rating of 83 which is tied for the highest showing the league that they are both good offensively and defensively. They also posted 79 points and lead the league in power play goals. Overall all three players had very good seasons and anyone of them could be MVP.

Hope this counts as valid affiliate (username Nathan)