Create Account

S67 Championship Week Due: November 6th @ 11:59 PM (PST)
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2022, 01:42 AM by Festinator. Edited 6 times in total.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post

Wheeler

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Seattle is back in the finals for the second time in a row. While last season was an unexpected run led by a miracle goalie performance-- this season's appearance comes at no surprise to those who watched their offseason closely. What roster changes do you think have put Seattle in this position again? Do you think it's enough for them to finish the job this time around?

I think that the Argos have done a great job upgrading their team in the previous offseason, adding big quality players such as Wagner, Lilja and Kahnwald from LAP in a trade. Those are 3 guys that just won the cup 2 seasons ago and are still in their prime and have a lot to offer at the top of their lineup. I think considering how close they came last season, it will be enough to push them over the edge.

b. Manhattan has charged from a ninth place regular season finish to an Eastern conference championship and a shot at the Challenge Cup. I don't think that it's out of line for me to say that not many saw this coming. How do you think they got to this point? Who's performing better than expected? Do you think they have enough gas to complete the Cinderella run?

Looking at their run thus far, I think hot goaltending has a big part to play with how far they've gotten. They have plenty of good players but not in comparison to some of the teams they have faced, but their goalie has stood on it's head in order to keep them chugging through the playoffs and get them this far. If it continues, then they have a pretty good chance to win, but wonder how much is left in the tank

c. At this point in the playoffs, Manhattan has played four more games than Seattle. With the schedule as tight as it is in the playoffs, do you think that extra hockey will affect them? Could it be a positive that MAN has been in a near constant routine of game days while SEA has seen a bit more rest? Or do you think that wear and tear will start to show on MAN if this series goes to 6 or 7 games?

I think the extra hockey could definitely affect them a bit. The longer series will add up and give less time for rest and practice in between. And with how their goalie has been carrying the team it is important that they are getting a good amount of rest because they will need it in this final matchup with seattle.

d. In many ways this seems like a battle of who can stay hotter longer. Both teams have PDO ratings as high as 110 while barely having any players that dip below 100. Seattle and Manhattan are both on absolute heaters of strong goalies and high shooting percentages. What do you think is driving this, and who do you think can keep it going longer? Who comes out on top?

I would say that Seattle could keep it going a bit longer than manhattan due to having a bit more skill throughout their lineup than manhattan does. When the luck starts to drop off, these two teams are gonna have to start depending on skill to get through and make it to the end, and Seattle has more of it.

7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

Claiming 3

18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)

Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about season two of FHM 8?

Seattle have won it all indeed! I will be honest, I had Winnipeg and Atlanta in the finals at the start, but my Argos making it and taking it all did not surprise me too much with how much we improved as the season went on, and part of me not choosing Seattle was me trying not to jynx it! As for the East though, I did not see Manhattan making it to the finals at all. I think I had them out in one of the 1st couple of rounds. Their run to the finals reminds me of Seattles last season actually, where it takes everyone by surprise.

5. Written, 3 TPE, Hotel Rooms (150 words min)

During the playoffs it’s not uncommon to have to spend several days on the road in the same city. Whether you’re in the playoffs or not, who does your player share a room with on the road? What do you get up to? Are you the type to drag around a PS5 everywhere you go, or are you the first to hit the bar after the game? Are you a night owl or an early riser?

I would like to think that when we are on the road, Jonas would share a room with either Wagner or Luukas Lilja, his two buddies that got traded with him over from Los Angeles. He knows them best and would be the most comfortable staying with them. He would definitely be the type to drag a PS5 around with him, and if he could he would prefer to drag a gaming PC with him but that would be too much clutter so that can just stay home in Seattle. Jonas is not really one for drinking, but he'll go out a few times with the boys for drinks, especially if they're celebrating a big win. Definitely also a night owl and not an early riser outside of game days. He's a creature of the night for sure if he can get away with it, which can be hard during the season.

13. Graphic, 1 TPE, crAIyon? More like CWaiyon!

In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can keep running this one! Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun!  https://www.craiyon.com/

Since I can't add an attachment and if I try to link it, it says too many characters, type in "Jonas Kahnwald lifting the stanley cup", but don't do it late at night

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

ligma

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

Code:
c. At this point in the playoffs, Manhattan has played four more games than Seattle. With the schedule as tight as it is in the playoffs, do you think that extra hockey will affect them? Could it be a positive that MAN has been in a near constant routine of game days while SEA has seen a bit more rest? Or do you think that wear and tear will start to show on MAN if this series goes to 6 or 7 games?

I think that extra hockey can and will affect the Rage more than Seattle. Playing more games always gives more chance for those small injuries to add up and force players on the Rage to make more mistakes than they usually would. Every battle counts in the playoffs, and with both teams being on the heaters that they are on, any shift can be the determining shift that can determine the outcome of the game. Wear and tear in playoff hockey is real. The less games played and the further you get, the healthier your team is overall and teams need every advantage they can get going into the Finals.

Code:
d. In many ways this seems like a battle of who can stay hotter longer. Both teams have PDO ratings as high as 110 while barely having any players that dip below 100. Seattle and Manhattan are both on absolute heaters of strong goalies and high shooting percentages. What do you think is driving this, and who do you think can keep it going longer? Who comes out on top?

I think that the drivers for both of these teams are the determination of the players on both teams. I know that PDO is an advanced statistic, but to make it deep into the SHL playoffs, you have to have that grit and determination in order to make it through the hard, physical games and show up for the next game. It really is a battle of attrition so I’d like to say that the determination of players is what is driving these numbers. It’s a team effort at the end of the day.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Song of the Playoffs (150 words min.)
Every season the NHL buys the rights to a song that they edit their playoff promotional materials to. This season we’re doing the same thing for the SHL! Pitch me your “Song of the S67 Playoffs”! Who sings it? Why do you think it would make a good hype song?

I think that the SHL Playoffs should use “My Sacrifice” by Creed. Hockey players in the SHL make sacrifices every time they bend down to block a shot or take a hit in the corner to make a play. It only makes sense. Additionally. This song (and every song by Creed) definitely rips so this is an incredible choice for the Simulation Hockey League to use for this season’s playoffs, and every season afterwards. Plus, the price to pay to use this song can’t be that high now, the song has to be like thirty years old. If you don’t get fired up for Creed, I don’t know what to tell you, but you’re straight up wrong about music choice. Imagine hearing this song in a commercial and thinking you’re going to see a wrestling video from the early 2000’s but you get current day SHL playoff hockey. What a positive thing that would be.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, You’re Weird (150 words min.)
During long playoff runs or exceptional mid-season winning streaks players have been known to do some crazy things in order to keep the luck going. What’s the weirdest superstition your player or someone in your locker room has? Did it actually work?

Jonathan Mercer’s superstition is to not change his socks. The players on the team absolutely hate it, because he doesn’t have the nicest smelling feet, and when the socks are on and not washed for about two games in a row, that’s when other players on the St. Louis Scarecrows start complaining. The Scarecrows were on a decent winning streak and then Mercer was forced to wash his socks, and they lost the next game. Coincidence? I think not. The Scarecrows hypothetically could have gone on to win out the rest of the season and the playoffs had Mercer not have to wash his socks, but his teammates forced him to, and they didn’t win the 4 Star Cup because of it. Maybe next season the Scarecrows around Mercer will be a little smarter and let him keep his dirty socks on to allow them to go on a huge streak and win the 4 Star Cup.

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+3
SMJHL Milestones

Code:
23. Written, 2 TPE, Say Something Nice (100 words min.)
I’m not sure when we did this last, so that probably means it’s a good time to bring back the positivity prompt! Tag some other folks on the site and let them know why you appreciate them! Could be a GM, a friend, a department head, anyone! The goal is to make someone happy.

I would just like to thank the entire site at this point. From where the SHL was when I was commissioner to where it is now, the site and the people on it have grown leaps and bounds. At the end of the day, we are all here to enjoy hockey and try to live out some weird kind of reality where we’re professional hockey players, so I’d like to give everyone on the site a thank you for making it all happen. In the last 5 years, through my last 300 players, just wow. It’s incredible to see the dedication to the site that many people have and to see it grow over time is downright incredible. Really impressive.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
word: LATVIJA

Code:
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
milestones +3

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Tough to Swallow (150 words min.)
In your opinion, who was the best SHL or SMJHL team to NOT win the Challenge Cup / Four Star Cup? Who was on that team, and why do you think they deserved to win it all? What round did they lose in and how? Was it bad luck? A hot opposing goalie? Inexperience?

It was definitely a Toronto team. We proved in the regular season that we were able to play much better than the others, but we weren't lucky to the end in play-off games, though. Which Caso might be the reason for this is hard to judge, but the notion of everything that was going on gave me the feeling that I could win the champion title in my first full season of juniors. Tseri, the next few seasons will be so good too, as a much bigger role will already weigh on my shoulders. I'm excited to be on the Toronto team because this team is a very good example as the rebuilding process is capable of providing quality conditions for players in the future. Ghana, some disbelief or mood put our foot in front of us so we could lift the trophy above our heads, but as I said, we will certainly be able to do much more next season.

Toms Zīle - young talanted latvian goalie

Sorry if my formatting is off, been without power for a couple of days and did this over my phone. Also I can't tag anyone so there's that.

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE:
Verification word: applepie

I'll just touch on a couple of the upsets from this season's playoffs, just because there were a few of them. First off you have to look at Atlanta losing to Manhattan in the second round. They are the defending champs and just came off another great season, but they did lose a few key players over the off-season. Facing off against a super deep team like the Rage I don't think they stood a real chance, which is why they fell in seven games. You also have to look at the Aurora, the first place team from the regular season falling to the eventual cup winners in Seattle. It was a very equal matchup, but you just can't ignore the sheer amount of top-end talent that Seattle had on their team. Lastly, Toronto had an incredible season fueled by an unstoppable offense, but fell to Montreal after losing four straight in the semi-finals. Their offense was godly, but lack of support from the defense and old-as-dirt goaltender made it nearly impossible to keep pace with deeper and well-rounded teams.

Code:
Words: 150+

7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE:
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3280456

15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Round Up (150 words min.)
I honestly don't think there will be any major upsets or anything this time around, but the usual suspects are going to be deep in the playoffs like normal. Sweden, Finland, Canada, Norway. I do think that Great Britain has a great team as well, and hopefully making another deep appearance compared to recent seasons. As far as my team, Ireland, we have some room to improve and grow. We just don't have the depth and firepower that you see in some of the heavy hitters and sadly we're probably going to fall a bit short of making any sort of waves this time around. Taking a look at the playoff seeding already, looks like Sweden finished first during round robin play but was immediately knocked out by Russia, despite them being middle of the pack at 7th place. Overall I think IIHF just isn't promoted enough to make many people care too much about it.

Code:
Words: 150+

Oh I definitely think there were some serious surprises & upsets this playoffs, but the end result wasn't that exciting. Seattle loaded up this past off-season so it's not much of a shock they took it home. Like I said above, I think Toronto going down like they did was something a lot of people didn't expect, considering the regular season they just had. Manhattan going all the way to the finals was a bit of a surprise as well. They had a really strong team, but I don't think people really realized just how deep they were going into the post-season since they didn't really stand out like the strong teams such as Seattle, Winnipeg, etc.

Code:
Words: 100+

So I do this every CW and want to continue the tradition of thanking my GM's CK and Robby for bringing me on board in Montreal, especially with such a high pick. We have an amazing LR and being part of a future dynasty is just awesome. Also the entire war room in Montreal has been amazing as well, with people like Jayhawk, Sconnie, Brick, Shylo, among others that are constantly thriving to make the franchise even better. Big shout out to the graphics team as well; I don't really have time to do work anymore, but it's nice to see the gfx department really taking huge strides.

Code:
Words: 100+

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Code:

Halkoholic

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3283443

[Image: Halkohol_SHL.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2022, 02:22 PM by Merica. Edited 8 times in total.)

1. TRIVIA
Verification Word: Merica
[3 TPE]

2. WRITTEN, GRAB BAG
c. I think that endurance can definitely play a big factor. If one team has had ample time to rest inbetween rounds and its much fresher going into their games, they definitely hold an advantage over a team that has had longer series and less rest time, it's just simple biology. That being said, it certainly doesn't mean Manhattan can't pull out the win, we have seen many times different teams get taken to multiple game seven's, while their eventual championship opponent kind of coasts to the finals, end up winning it all. I think Manhattan would have more momentum on their side, but in the end, I think fresh legs wins out. WORDS: 113

5. WRITTEN, 3 TPE, Hotel Rooms (150 words min)
Being on the road can be very challenging, but also very fun if you are apart of an awesome group of players and the culture is on point. For Connor McKeil, road trips are one of his favorite aspects of playing hockey. It allows teams to bond more, it takes away some of the distractions you have at home and overall just lets you focus more on the task at hand. For McKeil, when he is on the road, he doesn't partake much in the bar scene, preferring to stay in and either study film or play some xbox. McKeil is a bit of nerd when it comes to video games, and it helps him relax his mind and sleep better. This season, McKeil shared a room with Lord Zomp, who was a fantastic roommate. McKeil would definitely be labeled as an early riser, much to the chagrin of Zomp, as he is always up early, prepping for the day. WORDS: 160

6. WRITTEN, 3 TPE, You’re Weird (150 words min.)
Superstitions are a major part of any sports locker room and culture, and boy have there been some wild ones. McKeil himself isn't a superstitious person, he simply doesn't believe in that kind of thing, that the universe acknowledges such a silly thing, as if eating chocolate chip cookies before every game means the hockey gods will grant you more speed, for example. But as for the team, well, of course there are some good ones. When the Armada are in the midst of a losing streak, everyone on the team will wear the exact same brand and color of undershirt and won't wash it until the team busts out of the losing streak. So, yes, there have been times when the locker room gets pretty rank, but thats also part of the motivation to get that win. Overall, the Armada probably aren't the most wild team when it comes to superstitions, but they definitely have a few. WORDS: 158

7. MILESTONES
+2 TPE - S67 MILESTONES
[2 TPE]

18. WRITTEN, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
I would say the Simulation Hockey League playoffs didn't go quite as I expected, I can't say I expected Manhattan to make the run they did to the Challenge Cup Finals, but it was definitely nice seeing two teams that weren't apart of the big boy group we have become accustomed to seeing like Chicago, Buffalo, Hamilton, etc. As for FHM8, I love it, I think it was a great change and as we continue on into the FHM8 era I think things will continue to improve and get better as members and teams start to better understand the new system. Only a matter of time before Hamilton breaks it. WORDS: 110

23. WRITTEN, 2 TPE, Say Something Nice (100 words min.)
- There are lot of people I could say some nice things about, but today we will go with HOCKEYISCOOL, the current general manager for the Tampa Bay Barracuda. Last season, he surprised me considerably by drafting me 16th overall, and actually making a trade in order to bring me into the fold, and he has been a superstar since my arrival. I think hockey is a superb leader and does a great job of bridging together people of all different backgrounds. I'm very grateful to be a Cuda and excited to put my best effort yet into proving hockeyiscool made the right decision! WORDS: 103

TPE: 16/16

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Task 1
Verification Word: Kopitar

Task 4
Milstones Claim + 1 TPE

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2022, 12:45 PM by thiefofcheese. Edited 1 time in total.)

SHL/SMJHL Finals

Code:

cheese

+3 tpe

CW TRIVIA LINK

Code:

a. Seattle is back in the finals for the second time in a row. While last season was an unexpected run led by a miracle goalie performance-- this season's appearance comes at no surprise to those who watched their offseason closely. What roster changes do you think have put Seattle in this position again? Do you think it's enough for them to finish the job this time around?

b. Manhattan has charged from a ninth place regular season finish to an Eastern conference championship and a shot at the Challenge Cup. I don't think that it's out of line for me to say that not many saw this coming. How do you think they got to this point? Who's performing better than expected? Do you think they have enough gas to complete the Cinderella run?

c. At this point in the playoffs, Manhattan has played four more games than Seattle. With the schedule as tight as it is in the playoffs, do you think that extra hockey will affect them? Could it be a positive that MAN has been in a near constant routine of game days while SEA has seen a bit more rest? Or do you think that wear and tear will start to show on MAN if this series goes to 6 or 7 games?

d. In many ways this seems like a battle of who can stay hotter longer. Both teams have PDO ratings as high as 110 while barely having any players that dip below 100. Seattle and Manhattan are both on absolute heaters of strong goalies and high shooting percentages. What do you think is driving this, and who do you think can keep it going longer? Who comes out on top?

Code:
Every season the NHL buys the rights to a song that they edit their playoff promotional materials to. This season we’re doing the same thing for the SHL! Pitch me your “Song of the S67 Playoffs”! Who sings it? Why do you think it would make a good hype song?

Code:
In your opinion, who was the best SHL or SMJHL team to NOT win the Challenge Cup / Four Star Cup? Who was on that team, and why do you think they deserved to win it all? What round did they lose in and how? Was it bad luck? A hot opposing goalie? Inexperience?

Code:
During the playoffs it’s not uncommon to have to spend several days on the road in the same city. Whether you’re in the playoffs or not, who does your player share a room with on the road? What do you get up to? Are you the type to drag around a PS5 everywhere you go, or are you the first to hit the bar after the game? Are you a night owl or an early riser?

Code:
During long playoff runs or exceptional mid-season winning streaks players have been known to do some crazy things in order to keep the luck going. What’s the weirdest superstition your player or someone in your locker room has? Did it actually work?

Code:

+3 TPE - Milestones

IIHF

Code:
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! Are they up and coming? Win now mode? Entering into a re-build phase? What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around?

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE, Hockey History (150 words min.)
Tell me about an important moment or person in the history of your home country’s hockey program! This can be a real-life story or SHL related! Your choice! I want to learn some interesting hockey history from around the world!

Code:
17. Written, 3 TPE, Nu Metals (150 words min.)
Gold, silver, and bronze are old news! Also we’re running out of them in the simulated world so we can’t be wasting it all on simulated medals! Choose new metals to be used for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place at this year's tournament, and tell me why you chose them.

Procrastinators

Code:
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about season two of FHM 8?

Code:
19. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Congratulations, graphic loving procrastinator! Much like the written word loving procrastinator, you too have a special task just for you! Create a post-series splash screen detailing the outcome of the series, or highlighting the player that you think should be playoff MVP. Include at least 3 stats no matter which way you go with it!

Beyond Prompts

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Championship Leek (150 words min.)
If you were the judge of a Leek competition, what would you be looking for? How would you choose the championship Leek? Aesthetics only? Is taste a factor for you? How do you weigh each factor in your decision? Tell me, in 150 words, how you would define the perfect championship winning Leek.

Code:
21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Speedrunning (150 words min.)
Speedrunning is a huge movement in the video game world, and frankly I feel like the SHL is falling behind in this department. Pitch me a few different speedrun categories we could have in the SHL. Take it seriously! Or don’t! Is there any actual potential in this idea, or am I silly for suggesting it? As a graphic option, depict your player as a Twitch streamer going for a world record in the game of your choice!

Code:
22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, We Should Start a Band! (150 words min.)
Hockey is no longer in fashion, we’re doing music now! Choose a couple of friends from around the league to form a band with! Who do you choose, what instruments do they play, and what kind of music do you all make together? As a graphic task, show me your band together performing in their home arena.

Code:
I’m not sure when we did this last, so that probably means it’s a good time to bring back the positivity prompt! Tag some other folks on the site and let them know why you appreciate them! Could be a GM, a friend, a department head, anyone! The goal is to make someone happy.

Once again this is due SUNDAY NOVEMBER 6TH at 11:59pm PST.

I hope everyone had another great season. Looking forward to S68!  Heart

[/quote]

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

The only correct answer here is "Party Hard" by Andrew W.K. It is without a doubt, the most electric song used in hockey. The Pittsburgh Penguins used this song en route to back to back Stanley Cup wins, and it is back to being their goal horn as it was simply the best and most loved option. When you think of playoff hockey and the characteristics a song would need to match it, you think of an uptempo, head-bop worthy song riddled with some electric guitar riffs and and pounding drums. Just take a look at the lyrics to see how well it fits with playoff hockey: link to Genius.

I've seen some amazing playoff hockey in the NHL with this song backstopping it. It's only fitting that the absolute beaut of a song comes over to the SHL. If you're not convinced though, I support you could also use Dropkick Murphys' "I'm Shipping Up to Boston" since that shit is also a certified banger.

There was a point in the season where Sven Svenson couldn't figure out how to score a goal, so we roomed together for a bit so we could spend a bit more time together watching film and just chatting about the game since I was on a bit of a scoring streak. That stuck until playoffs when we unfortunately got eliminated, but I sort of just hopped around based on who wanted to room before then. I wouldn't say I'm much of a packed traveler, I just carry my Nintendo Switch so I can get some casual games in whenever I'd like. Sometimes the guys will come over to the room to get some Mario Kart or Super Smash Bros in. Otherwise I'm fairly early to rise but only on away road trips since I panic about being late to something so I don't ever really sleep well. I'd only hit up the bar if it was the last game in the road trip, or if we had more than 2 days between games. Gotta stay responsible!

One of the weirdest things I've seen done was by none other than Sven Svenson, who I suppose also has some sort of love for the number seven? During the season, you'd just see the most absurd things in combinations of seven. You knew which corner of the away locker room was his since it'd be overflowing with random shit, you know the training staff hated that dude. He'd have SEVEN jock straps hanging in his locker (and I know he only used one of those all season), he'd have seven rolls of stick tape, seven mouth guards, seven pairs of earbuds in his bag, you get the picture. He would also insist on having seven spare sticks for each game when most guys would just have 2-3 set aside for them for each game. I don't think the items are that absurd in retrospect, or at least the ones I can even talk about. But just the love for the number 7 in every hockey related thing he did was insane and definitely superstitious.

+3 from post

Gatorade
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2022, 12:18 AM by bbjygm. Edited 7 times in total.)

Code:

seedoubleyou

Code:

a. Seattle is back in the finals for the second time in a row. While last season was an unexpected run led by a miracle goalie performance-- this season's appearance comes at no surprise to those who watched their offseason closely. What roster changes do you think have put Seattle in this position again? Do you think it's enough for them to finish the job this time around?

c. At this point in the playoffs, Manhattan has played four more games than Seattle. With the schedule as tight as it is in the playoffs, do you think that extra hockey will affect them? Could it be a positive that MAN has been in a near constant routine of game days while SEA has seen a bit more rest? Or do you think that wear and tear will start to show on MAN if this series goes to 6 or 7 games?

d. In many ways this seems like a battle of who can stay hotter longer. Both teams have PDO ratings as high as 110 while barely having any players that dip below 100. Seattle and Manhattan are both on absolute heaters of strong goalies and high shooting percentages. What do you think is driving this, and who do you think can keep it going longer? Who comes out on top?

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

+2 TPE https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3281565

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Make Their Day
Every team’s social media department loves it when a player tosses something to a kid or poses for a photo during warm-ups! Show me your player making some kid’s day before a game!

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE, Fall Fashion
Some players like to make a statement with this clothing on their way into a game. Is your player known for this? Show me your player walking into a game in their craziest outfit. Is it some weird costume? A full designer getup? Something else entirely?

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE, Biased
Before this season’s hockey cards got printed you were able to get your hands on your own cards design! Time to make a few… favourable changes. Depict what your player’s hockey card would look like AFTER your player was able to make any changes they wanted. What totally real stats do you include? What 100% true facts do you print on it?

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE, Now You, With the Weather!
As a community outreach opportunity, your player was asked to assist the weather reporter on their big cool green screen for the day! Show me your player helping with the weather report. Do they screw it up, or did they do a great job?

Code:
12. Graphic, 3 TPE, Spooky Season 
It’s not every season that we have a CW running right over Halloween! To celebrate this momentous occasion, depict your player in a horror movie of your choice! Are they a clueless victim? A conniving killer? Maybe a grubby little monster?

Code:
13. Graphic, 1 TPE, crAIyon? More like CWaiyon!
In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can keep running this one! Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun!  https://www.craiyon.com/

Code:
14. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
-The S67 Challenge Cup series
-The S67 Four Star Cup series
-An S67 IIHF preview
-A Breakdown of how your favorite hockey team’s season has started off

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 8 minutes or 4 TPE for 10 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 10 Minutes or 4 TPE for 15 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

IIHF

Code:
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! Are they up and coming? Win now mode? Entering into a re-build phase? What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around?

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE, Hockey History (150 words min.)
Tell me about an important moment or person in the history of your home country’s hockey program! This can be a real-life story or SHL related! Your choice! I want to learn some interesting hockey history from around the world!

Code:
Gold, silver, and bronze are old news! Also we’re running out of them in the simulated world so we can’t be wasting it all on simulated medals! Choose new metals to be used for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place at this year's tournament, and tell me why you chose them.

Procrastinators

Code:

I thought it was pretty neat that the two teams that came out of the same expansion won two championships in a row. It goes to show how long a team might need from a stand-still before getting competitive and starting to win cups. Overall I expected the Winnipeg Aurora to go further considering their matchups vs their opposition. It would've been nice for their window of contention to pay off in the playoff season as well as the regular season, but I guess that's the nature of playoffs. Regarding FHM8, I haven't really noticed anything different. The only issues I've run into is a much more nebulous understanding about what stats will be valuable for my desired playstyle, so I'm not sure I'm getting good bang for my buck with my build.

Code:
19. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Congratulations, graphic loving procrastinator! Much like the written word loving procrastinator, you too have a special task just for you! Create a post-series splash screen detailing the outcome of the series, or highlighting the player that you think should be playoff MVP. Include at least 3 stats no matter which way you go with it!

Beyond Prompts

Code:
If you were the judge of a Leek competition, what would you be looking for? How would you choose the championship Leek? Aesthetics only? Is taste a factor for you? How do you weigh each factor in your decision? Tell me, in 150 words, how you would define the perfect championship winning Leek.

There are several criteria that make a champion leek:
- Green: leeks have a tinge of green, so a champion leek really needs to be green instead of another color. Don't be giving me a brown leek and expect favorable scoring.
- Taste: a leek better taste like a leek. Championship leeks will need to be tasted while raw and while cooked to ensure it's a valid and high quality leek.
- Length: leeks come in many sizes but there is an acceptable range. Anything larger than a toothpick and smaller than a refrigerator is fair game, otherwise what the hell kind of veggie are you submitting to a leek competition?!
- Not a leak: you'd be surprised how often a leek competition gets movie and/or book leaks submitted. So as obvious as it sounds, in order to win the leek must be a vegetable.
- Leekness: like some scientific standard measurements, there exists an absolute and irrefutably perfect leek that is preserved and used for comparison of all other leeks. If things come down to splitting hairs between contestants, we'd call in the Bureau Of Leek Likeness, Oxford (BULLOX) to give the final say.

Code:
21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Speedrunning (150 words min.)
Speedrunning is a huge movement in the video game world, and frankly I feel like the SHL is falling behind in this department. Pitch me a few different speedrun categories we could have in the SHL. Take it seriously! Or don’t! Is there any actual potential in this idea, or am I silly for suggesting it? As a graphic option, depict your player as a Twitch streamer going for a world record in the game of your choice!

Code:
22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, We Should Start a Band! (150 words min.)
Hockey is no longer in fashion, we’re doing music now! Choose a couple of friends from around the league to form a band with! Who do you choose, what instruments do they play, and what kind of music do you all make together? As a graphic task, show me your band together performing in their home arena.

Code:

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2022, 03:28 AM by Drokeep. Edited 7 times in total.)

1.Bagel 3tpe

3. 3tpe

The play off song for this years season will be one for the ages. The SHL HO wants to attract a bigger crowd and get everyone in the mood for the playoffs, so this year they have opted to record a cover of Toxic by Britney Spears, but song by every player in the league. Thats right, the whole league is coming together to make a cover of this incredible classic. Now while it would be incredibly fun to have every player record their own versions due to time and money constraints this task is impossible. So the solution to this is that every player will only say one word in the song, that way the whole league compelete the song as one. There has been some back and forth arguing to decided who will say which word, but what is certain is that a lot of new england players are getting to sing the word toxic
5-3tpe
Hotel travel in the Philadelphia forge is one of the most fun things pertaining this team. Everytime we set out to play an away game we all get excited because we get to do some fun shit at the hotel. Usually the defensive core stays together so we have grown very close. We usually start by going to the hotel bar the second we check in. There we all hammer our drinks and hit the town. After hitting up the most famous local places, we will uber home (like responsible adults. Drinking and driving is bad) and start our regular videogame night. We try not to go till too late but we still have some rowdy nights. The most fun is when we get to stay in a hotel at philly during playoff home games. Coach wants everyone zeroed in and together as a team. We still have the same amount of fun if not more!

6-3tpe
Superstition is a very important part of our sport and my player is 100% a believer in that stuff. Missed rituals and bad juju have definitely destroyed franchises and ruined cup runs. If players and fans alike don't go through these motions, then the team is set up to fail. My player has a very routine ritual in which before leaving his locker, he will tap his name two times and his stick one, thus ensuring that the stick and player are connected and in sync. Everyone in the team seems to have a ritual which they follow meticulously to achieve the perfect zen to go on the ice. There was a player in our team, scoochie, that did not do any rituals until this year... it wasnt until this year that he became the actual goat goalie, so it is a proven fact that these things work, therefore we will continue doing them

7- Milestones 3tpe https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3284098

13- 1tpe Hans Graf lifting the cup next season!
[Image: download.webp]

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]

+3 TPE - milestones

[Image: wLeEjGc.jpeg]

Trivia: Bills 3TPE

With all the great hype up songs out there, this is a very difficult decision. So maybe we need to choose 5 first then choose the best out of all of those. First off everyone gets pumped up different genres. Some love rap, some love techno, some really love metal. There is strangely also a small number of people that are pumped up by country music. I dont understand those people so I will throw that group out entirely. Country will not get listed in this top 5. 
First lets start off with some metal. Mastodon, The Motherload. This song is fast and heavy but also approachable. Its not just growls and can actually bring more non metal fans to the genre. If your heart doesn’t uptick a few beats per minute in this intro, nothing will move you. 
Second up lets go with with an old reliable, Nine Inch Nails, We’re In This Together. This song has so many layers and tempos to it, it gives you many scenarios to use the song. Not only is it a pump up song, but it builds and builds really letting the pressure explode for some cool editing techniques for goal scoring compilations. 
After listing the last song, ive decided I dont need to do 5 and whittle down, I found the song that we should use. We’re In This Together.

Milestones

Well I do think we need to stick with metals that are very visually distinct from each other. Much like Bronze Silver and Gold all are visually different from each other, Copper Cobalt and Bismuth will be very distinct. Copper is still a metal that everyone knows is worth something but its not as sought after as others. So it’s a perfect metal to signify third place. Cobalt isnt used for much stuff so its not immediately known at first sight, but that brilliant blue color is beautiful and can quickly become beloved by others to signify importance. Second place for that brilliant blue is perfect. Finally the number one metal, the metal everyone is gunning for. It needs to be beautiful, it needs to be alluring, it needs to be unique. You want people fighting over this beautiful metal. Bismuth, the blocky rainbow in all of natures glory. Every medal will be unique due to its natural crystal structure. So there it is. We will be fighting for the Copper Cobalt Bismuth medals.

+12 TPE

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2022, 07:22 PM by supertardis101. Edited 5 times in total.)

1. done

6. The weirdest supsersition that we have in Buffalo is the fact that we have a live buffalo that we like to run around in the locker room before every game. It is absolutely insane! We love to take the team bus out to the country side and load the buffalo up from some poor farmers farm. We then load the buffalo up into a truck and then we drive him halfway across the country and then we have a good time by living him up in the locker room! I absolutely love this tradition! Every single game we make the drive out to NOrth Dakota to get our buffalo in time for the new season! We have never lost a game that we have stolen a buffalo for! It is a very large supersition that we absolutely adore and enjoy as a team! It is going to be a good season whenever we do this! I am very excited to steal our buffalo for the upcoming season!

7. Milestones

18. I was really astounded by the Stampede's performance in this playoff go-around. I really enjoyed this season as a part of the Stampede, and I was really disappointed to lose so quickly. I am sure things will be be better next year, but I am still very disappointed about this year! We have a lot of really awesome people on the Stampede and I am 100% confident things will turn around soon! Go Stampede! Congratulations to the Seatlle Argonauts on their win! THey have done a lot of really awesome stuff over the past few seasons and they very much deserve it! Congrats guys! I am sure you guys are going to keep doing interesting and awesome things over the next few years!

22. There would be an awesome group of musicians if we were to start a band of our guys on the Stampede! I absolutely love the guys on the Stampede and I think that we could start a pretty awesome band. I think we had some of our GMs lead us as lead singers it would be pretty cool. We could play some super cool punk rock and just keep the punk energy going and going pretty damn well! I think it would be pretty cool to rock the Buffalo arena with some rocking bass lines and hard hitting drums. I think we could do some pretty cool stuff with opening up hockey games with live music before playing the games ourselves! I would be super pumped to have a band along with my fellow hockeymates! This is a great job and I would love to explore the idea further in future PT tasks. Lets go Buffalo Punk Rock Band!

23. I really appreciate my GM @Tomen . He always keeps me in line and keeps my stuff up to date. I really appreciate all of the hard work he puts into the team to keep us always competitive and in a good spot in general. I really appreciate his commitment and dedication to the team. He does an amazing job with the team and I appreciate being told what exactly I need to do to stay in good standing here in the SHL. I am not very in the know here. Tomen keeps me in the loop and always up to date! I very much appreciate it! I am more than happy to give the Stampede everything I have!

[Image: image0.gif]
[Image: psdforbrookssiganimatedwhitetext.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2022, 07:19 PM by Dextaria. Edited 3 times in total.)

SHL/SMJHL Finals
Code:

Dex

Code:

b. Manhattan definitely has some players playing above expected with Lev Lebedev putting up the most points in the playoffs with 43 points and their players having some of the highest PDOs in the playoffs with Sven Svechnikov having a PDO of 107.6, the highest of any player in the final. Do I think they can complete the run? Maybe, but unlikely. (61 words)

c. At this point in the playoffs, I don't think 4 more games actually matter too much as both teams would be tired at this point and it is the pure desire for the Challenge Cup that is pushing the players on both teams forward despite the long schedules and the gruesome games. (52 words)

d. I believe that what is keeping both teams hot is definitely each respective team's coaching, management and leadership group. It is always a good combination of these three, especially the last of the three, that keeps a team going as strong as both have. However, I do expect one to eventually come back down to earth and it is more likely to be Manhattan given their regular season standings. (69 words)

Code:

Ryosuke Sato has one of the older veterans on the team is not looking for a rowdy room to share when on the road in the playoffs. While Sato is able to enjoy and have fun from time-to-time, Ryosuke always eventually ends up rooming with the calm Harry Carpet who just enjoys to read and relax in the hotel room. Alternatively, Ryosuke would room with the well put together and responsible Magnus Liljestrom who, like Sato, can go over to the young rookies rooms from time to time to have fun, but also know when it is time to call it, especially when it is an important playoff game on the road. When rooming with either Carpet or Liljestrom, it is always just a nice time watching shows, playing on the Nintendo Switch, or just relaxing and chatting. Plus, while Ryosuke Sato can be a night owl from time-to-time, the two of Harry and Magnus can keep Sato in check for a big game.
164 words

Code:

Of course every hockey player has some weird superstitions and Ryosuke Sato is no different to this. Before each and every game, Sato has a pretty regular superstition of plugging in the earbuds and playing some upbeat songs to keep his head in the game and his mind in the right place. However, that is just his regular superstition, his irregular superstition is that if he does not go to buy a pack of hockey packs before the biggest of big games, he would not be able to perform. And so, before playoffs games his team would always see Sato wake up early and head to the local card shop to buy a pack of hockey cards and open it with excitement, despite not being able to get the best of pulls. We're not too sure what Sato does with the cards when he is done as it just usually stacks up in a pile in his room or in his luggage if the team is playing an away game.

170 words

Code:

S67 Milestone Claim (3 TPE)

Procrastinators

Code:

This season's playoffs were a bit of a surprise with the ninth place Manhattan Rage going all the way to the finals and the 13 Montreal team going to the conference finals. The Western Conference was more regular with the top team in the league being the Winnipeg Aurora reaching the conference final with the Seattle Argonauts being able to make it to the finals and win. The biggest standouts would have to be Winnipeg and Toronto reaching the top of the standings in the regular season. Overall FHM 8 has been nice in terms of parity and it is definitely better without test simming because ultimately it's the upsets that make a league fun sometimes.

116 words

Beyond Prompts

Code:

If I were to be judging a leek competition, I would be looking at a plethora of factors from the size, the colour, the texture, the taste, the incorporation into a dish, and probably one category that not many would be looking towards... the story. I would probably value the taste and incorporation into a dish quite highly at around 30-35% with the size and colour of the leek taking about 20-25% of weight in my decision making. The texture of the leek, while important, is about 5% in my decision making leaving about 35% being the story. I would like either an underdog story, or to completely steal the show and my vote, for someone to dress up as farfetch'd from Pokemon and hold the leek stick like the character. That would absolutely throw all other factors out the window as long as the farfetch'd performance is a well put together, amazing show that clearly showed a lot of effort.

161 words

16/16 TPE + 4 TPE

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!