Create Account

Eddie's Scouting Reports: Matthew LeClaire

Scouting Report: Matthew LeClaire, 16-year-old Center

Height: 6' 3"

Weight: 205 lbs

LeClaire is an interesting collection of upside with one glaring flaw he needs to immediately address. He's a strong player in plenty of places, but in one specific area, there's a serious amount of concern to be had in just how much he's worked on. Offensively, the kid has a lot to love, he can play in front of the net, reading the play well, and making the hard passes, while also being a stable puck-handler, using his hands to create space for himself or others. He can shoot from good distance and more often than not gets the puck where he wants it. Defensively, his biggest asset is his ability to take draws, and while he struggles to make the accurate defensive plays, he reads the side of the ice adequately, and he always seems to find a spot not perfect, but just optimal enough to make a different. He's a quick, agile and strong skater, complementing his size, and his stamina ensures he won't be a liability in the latter stages of a game.

But for his size and weight, the tall Ontario boy doesn't effectively use that strength at all, his hitting is limp and his ability to use the boards suffers as a result. He also shirks from contact that he more or less shouldn't, giving him an unfortunately deserved streak of softness. He also hasn't a hint of violence or courage in his body, making him a problem if the team's deploying a bigger roster against the lines he's on. The career is young, and it's never too late to learn or train.

Word Count: 294

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs

I wish my TPE were updated, you would see my strength etc isn't that bad lol. Loved the article great job haha